Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,411 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868965 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2014
kellyemms: i was told to go do d tb test wen i went to submit my application. to do d screenin test it requires payin d fee to deir citi bank account. citi bank is not in my area and it very far frm whr i stay, i am tinkin of transferring d money from my first bank account to deir citi bank account. den i show dem d transfer transaction slip at d IOM. can i do it dis way?
Citibank!! Na wah for them o.cnt even call to mind any single branch location. I think u can do it dt way, dy shd know ppl dnt need to walk into banks physically to carry out transactions..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene: if that is the case we should all go through that same process. And if we have to take any test from Nigeria it should be done at our government hospitals like luth or lasuth. Not at their own center. My wife is a medical doctor and i called her up this morning to enlighten me better and she told me the test just cost about 1k or so. So why will they tell me to go pay $130 for that test. That is really bad.

Exactly! Ds is what I would expect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2014
@wilzz26

Exactly which of the tb tests is it? Der r different tests, am sure your wife was referring to sputum AFB which is the cheapest, but there are others like PCR, quantiferon,chest xray etc which are more expensive doh nowhere near 20k ( not sure of PCR though). I expect it might be d more expensive ones cos even for AFB u r sposd to bring 3 samples of ur sputum on three consecutive mornings so am pretty sure dy won't be using ds method.

Don't expect them to use our local hospital labs, 1st dy r not 100% reliable in regards to accuracy, 2nd dia method of reporting tests can easily be forged and dy dnt even hv good records and communication system such dt d ukba can call to verify even if dy had, Nigerians hv been known to bribe govt officials to say that white is black lipsrsealed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:49am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene:
Citibank!! Na wah for them o.cnt even call to mind any single branch
location. I think u can do it dt way, dy shd know ppl dnt need to walk
into banks physically to carry out transactions..
thanks for d advice will transfer frm my first bank to deir city bank nxt week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lahwummie: 8:51am On Jan 04, 2014
Hi guys....please I need ur advice urgently. I applied 4 visa n got d reply on 2nd, but was refused; reason cos of a past visit visa dat was refused claiming d bank called d sponsor( my ex husband) but denied it. So this present application I explained all n telling dem d bank neva called my husband. Now, ECo said I dint attach a documentary 2 dat claim. Please wat I want 2 know now is, should I go 4 a review or reapply? And watind of document am I 2 attach 2 my claim. My school resumes 20th jan
Please wats d best I can do. Tnx house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:54am On Jan 04, 2014
abeg make una let people knw d sign and symptoms of tb oh....and if someone has tb which mean d person wil nat b able to apply for visa right..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 8:55am On Jan 04, 2014
Anually the Nigerian student contributes over £1millon to Britain's economy. If i spent over two decades of my life learning and using a white man's language as my first language and that same white man tells me to pay $145 to be tested in that same language am typin on now to comunicate and also to pay them $130 for health check. At this point i dont mind collecting my tuition fee back going to a contry where i have to first learn their language for a year and follow my coutse of study in their languge which i know is far better than his mess one white english man is offering.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:07am On Jan 04, 2014
wilzz26: Anually the Nigerian student contributes over £1millon to Britain's economy. If i spent over two decades of my life learning and using a white man's language as my first language and that same white man tells me to pay $145 to be tested in that same language am[b] typin[/b] on now to comunicate and also to pay them $130 for health check. At this point i dont mind collecting my tuition fee back going to a contry where i have to first learn their language for a year and follow my coutse of study in their languge which i know is far better ty his mess one white english man is offering.

Think carefully before leaving Nigeria to any country because you might end up wasting that money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 9:12am On Jan 04, 2014
miz Gene:

Exactly which of the tb tests is it? Der r different tests, am sure your wife was referring to sputum AFB which is the cheapest, but there are others like PCR, quantiferon,chest xray etc which are more expensive doh nowhere near 20k ( not sure of PCR though). I expect it might be d more expensive ones cos even for AFB u r sposd to bring 3 samples of ur sputum on three consecutive mornings so am pretty sure dy won't be using ds method.
Don't expect them to use our local hospital labs, 1st dy r not 100% reliable in regards to accuracy, 2nd dia method of reporting tests can easily be forged and dy dnt even hv good records and communication system such dt d ukba can call to verify even if dy had, Nigerians hv been known to bribe govt officials to say that white is black lipsrsealed

Even at that.its Nigeria they can exploit. I checked this also for china. They didn didnt use one center as a place of testing but sevral other centers locally. If goverment hospital labs cant be trusted i know of far better labs in nigeria with international ratings that can handle testing and will never be up to $130. This is big scam us. And come to think of it People going to the uk for less than six months are xempted so thoes ones cant spread tb?

Let them continue. No wonder other eu contries are already making a booIII mm from educational tourisim.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:17am On Jan 04, 2014
lahwummie: Hi guys....please I need ur advice urgently. I applied 4 visa n got d reply on 2nd, but was refused; reason cos of a past visit visa dat was refused claiming d bank called d sponsor( my ex husband) but denied it. So this present application I explained all n telling dem d bank neva called my husband. Now, ECo said I dint attach a documentary 2 dat claim. Please wat I want 2 know now is, should I go 4 a review or reapply? And watind of document am I 2 attach 2 my claim. My school resumes 20th jan
Please wats d best I can do. Tnx house

Post your question here https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 9:19am On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

I think carefully before leaving Nigeria to any country because you might end up wasting that money.

That as it may be. Its worth thinking but at the same time i know of students that schooled in Germany' and they are far competitive interms of out put and they both speak german and english language and can tell you they are verry good enginers today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2014
wilzz26:

That as it may be. Its worth thinking but at the same time i know of students that schooled in Germany' and they are far competitive interms of out put and they both speak german and english language and can tell you they are verry good enginers today.

Then go to Germany and forget about the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 10:11am On Jan 04, 2014
wilzz26:

The problem with we Nigerians is that we don't want to tell our selves the truth. Despite the fact that deep down inside we know the truth, but most of what we say is crap. We open our arms and welcome anything said to us weather good or bad. Meanwhile without international students most of the unis here will close down. Its simple, this is just a way of exploiting and frustrating Nigerian students simple because they don't want them here. People can go on and paint it any way they want,try to make it sound better all they want at the end of the day the point remains that vast population or not hiv or not the whole thing is pure bullshit. That was how they placed a £3k embargo on first time visitors and nothing was done about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:24am On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

Think carefully before leaving Nigeria to any country because you might end up wasting that money.
grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2014
mrkossy:
The problem with we Nigerians is that we don't want to tell our selves the truth. Despite the fact that deep down inside we know the truth, but most of what we say is crap. We open our arms and welcome anything said to us weather good or bad. Meanwhile without international students most of the unis here will close down. Its simple, this is just a way of exploiting and frustrating Nigerian students simple because they don't want them here. People can go on and paint it any way they want,try to make it sound better all they want at the end of the day the point remains that vast population or not hiv or not the whole thing is pure bullshit. That was how they placed a £3k embargo on first time visitors and nothing was done about it.
Anybody know what this all means?
Or what he is smoking? grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:37am On Jan 04, 2014
mrkossy:

Some of you are good at making things up, was this targeted at Nigerians alone?

How about Russia? https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/long-term-visa-tb-testing-comes-to-russia

South Korea? https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/pre-entry-tb-screening-in-south-korea-for-long-term-uk-visas

China? https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/tuberculosis-testing-in-china

Hong Kong? https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/tuberculosis-testing-in-hong-kong-macau-for-long-term-uk-visas

Cameroon? https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tb-test-for-cameroonians-applying-for-long-term-uk-visas

..and many other countries, why are always too quick to see ourselves as victims? Must you travel to the UK? Why not try other friendlier country?

First time visitors to the UK are not paying £3000, get that right.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 10:49am On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

How about Russia? https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/long-term-visa-tb-testing-comes-to-russia

South Korea? https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/pre-entry-tb-screening-in-south-korea-for-long-term-uk-visas

China? https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/tuberculosis-testing-in-china

Hong Kong? https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/tuberculosis-testing-in-hong-kong-macau-for-long-term-uk-visas

Cameroon? https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tb-test-for-cameroonians-applying-for-long-term-uk-visas

..and many other countries, why are always too quick to see ourselves as victims? Must you travel to the UK? Why not try other friendlier country?

£3K was suspended since and its because we stood aginst it. Fine they are free to have health protection rules but i dont surport going to a uk desgnated place in my contry to pay more than what it should cost. That is what am aginst.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Jan 04, 2014
wilzz26: £3K was suspended since and its because we stood aginst it. Fine they are free to have health protection rules but i dont surport going to a uk desgnated place in my contry to pay more than what it should cost. That is what am aginst.

They want to make sure that the result can be trusted as Nigerians can fake/forge anything. So having one trusted organisation do it is better than allowing thugs to provide the certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 11:01am On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

regardless of what anyone thinks. The fact remains we can drag it all we want. That's the reason why its like that at the first place because most of us are full of bullshits and prefer kissing the back side instead of standing up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2014
wilzz26: £3K was suspended since and its because we stood aginst it. Fine they are free to have health protection rules but i dont surport going to a uk desgnated place in my contry to pay more than what it should cost. That is what am aginst.
i get what i eat from UK. Through out my study i worked in Uk and funded my self matter of fact more than half of my life has been in the UK. Am not biting the hand that id feeding me and am not going to agree with stupid rules they bring up simple because i don't want to be sentimental. Nobody should agree with that but that's how i see it and as we all know everyone is entitled to their own mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:11am On Jan 04, 2014
mrkossy:
regardless of what anyone thinks. The fact remains we can drag it all we want. That's the reason why its like that at the first place because most of us are full of bullshits and prefer kissing the back side instead of standing up.

Stand up to Nigerian govt first before moaning about the UK govt, stand up for endemic corruption in Nigeria, you can't even stand up to your local MP let alone ranting about TB certificate. Did you stand up for fuel subsidy and what was the outcome? You don't have to study in the UK, why did you not invest that money in some of Nigerian universities?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

Stand up to Nigerian govt first before moaning about the UK govt, stand up for endemic corruption in Nigeria, you can't even stand up to your local MP let alone ranting about TB certificate. Did you stand up for fuel subsidy and what was the outcome? You don't have to study in the UK, why did you not invest that money in some of Nigerian universities?
oga if you honestly believe what you are saying then you will believe anything. UK govt is nothing compared with Nigerians no doubt but that does not mean that if something is not right i lk agree with it cos they ve got good govt. Its bad enough to ask students to go for a Tb test as if that's not enough they ask them to pay 20000 naira for a Tb test. Something you and i know its very wrong! I wonder why they never ask them to submit a HIV test result even when they know that its very common in nija. Nigerian govt is bad yes i know that and so what?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
mrkossy:
oga if you honestly believe what you are saying then you will believe anything. UK govt is nothing compared with Nigerians no doubt but that does not mean that if something is not right i lk agree with it cos they ve got good govt. Its bad enough to ask students to go for a Tb test as if that's not enough they ask them to pay 20000 naira for a Tb test. Something you and i know its very wrong! I wonder why they never ask them to submit a HIV test result even when they know that its very common in nija. Nigerian govt is bad yes i know that and so what?

Why are you complaining because the UK govt wants people coming into their country to get checked up for diseases like TB which is problem in Nigeria? Canada started it years before the UK and the same case with Australia. South Africa ask for yellow fever certificate and its not free, they are trying to protect their own people and foreigners leaving in their country, so why are you complaining?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
justwise:

Why are you complaining because the UK govt wants people coming into their country to get checked up for diseases like TB which is problem in Nigeria? Canada started it years before the UK and the same case with Australia. South Africa ask for yellow fever certificate and its not free, they are trying to protect their own people and foreigners leaving in their country, so why are you complaining?
If that's what you honestly believe then that's alright..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mrkossy's issue is more of the cost.

@Mrkossy; everything is business these days.
As IOM has gotten monopoly of the service, they have the sole disposition to set the cost wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mukykaffe: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pls am to go to the embassy on tuesday for interview so must I do d tb test first?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
spikes C: Mrkossy's issue is more of the cost.

@Mrkossy; everything is business these days.
As IOM has gotten monopoly of the service, they have the sole disposition to set the cost wink
well that's alright..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gonelsystems: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
I am applying to UKBA and want to know if its okay to have funds in my personal account and to also present my legal Guardians account with a court statement showing that he is my Legal guardian. Also, if my program is for 2yrs, do i need to show the total amount for the cost of living for the entire 2 yr period or one year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
gonelsystems: I am applying to UKBA and want to know if its okay to have funds in my personal account and to also present my legal Guardians account with a court statement showing that he is my Legal guardian. Also, if my program is for 2yrs, do i need to show the total amount for the cost of living for the entire 2 yr period or one year

To avoid making things difficult for yourself leave the money in your account and forget about the legal guardians and court statement thing.

You are only expected to have maintenance money for the first year of your course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
gonelsystems: I am applying to UKBA and want to know if its okay to have funds in my personal account and to also present my legal Guardians account with a court statement showing that he is my Legal guardian. Also, if my program is for 2yrs, do i need to show the total amount for the cost of living for the entire 2 yr period or one year

You need to show your maintenance for just the first nine months of your stay too. Yes if the money in your account is not complete, and you have no better options, then you can show your legal guardian's account too, its left for them to believe whether he really is your legal guardian or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
mukykaffe: Pls am to go to the embassy on tuesday for interview so must I do d tb test first?
yup u must do d tb test before goin to d Embassy else dey wil not collect ur documents...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
kellyemms: yup u must do d tb test before goin to d Embassy else dey wil not collect ur documents...

Please does the visa appointment have a date and time? Because I'm trying to book an appointment and mine is showing just my name, date of birth and the visa application centre. Is this proper?

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.