Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864483 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
KingRuckus:
Justwise Thanks Bro, just to be sure, let's say d rate is 265.774 on Wednesday (22nd Oct.)..my deposit shd be #3,625,200 but i credit #3.7m instead. So by uhmm, 24th Nov. I should print my Oanda & get bank statement right?

That is all you need to do, deposit complete amount of money covering your fees and maintenance money and leave it for 28days before printing the bank statement. you can't contro exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bakandow11: 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
bakandow11:

Ain't you thesame justwise...
Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10
Welcome to part 6 of Traveling to Canada thread, part 5 has reached 500 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your inquiries and contributions here.

Part 5 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

(Quote) (Report) (Like) 8 Shares (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 5:57pm On Aug 10
......Baba God Noni......

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lillaowow(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10
YAGGA!!!!!!!.... I'm moving Higher. You're all welcome to another era of good news, Medicals, TRVs, Flight booking, Ebola free Zone. God be with us all.

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Amefrica(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10
Glory be to GOD!!

Brand new part ...may God put smile on every applicant face like he did for me.. This part shall record more success stories than any part ever.

What more can I say - Na Jehova noni!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
bakandow11:

Ain't you thesame justwise...
Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10
Welcome to part 6 of Traveling to Canada thread, part 5 has reached 500 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your inquiries and contributions here.

Part 5 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

(Quote) (Report) (Like) 8 Shares (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 5:57pm On Aug 10
......Baba God Noni......

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lillaowow(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10
YAGGA!!!!!!!.... I'm moving Higher. You're all welcome to another era of good news, Medicals, TRVs, Flight booking, Ebola free Zone. God be with us all.

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Amefrica(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10
Glory be to GOD!!

Brand new part ...may God put smile on every applicant face like he did for me.. This part shall record more success stories than any part ever.

What more can I say - Na Jehova noni!!

You are really confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
Merry09:
It is all about meeting their requirement and no mistake if you have your money,you will get there !

Mind you,the actual amount has to be in your account for 28 days !

E.G

If your require amount is N2.9m and you completed the deposit into your account withing a month,you must wait till the N2.9m stays in your account for 28days before you can print it out !

You are still learning from this thread.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blank(f): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
justwise:

That is all you need to do, deposit complete amount of money covering your fees and maintenance money and leave it for 28days before printing the bank statement. you can't contro exchange rate.

I wonder why people prefer to keep the amount in naira when exchange rate can be unfavourable esp in Sept.

Why not get the money in pounds? That's what I did and didn't bother about exchange rates and stuff.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
blank:

I wonder why people prefer to keep the amount in naira when exchange rate can be unfavourable esp in Sept.

Why not get the money in pounds? That's what I did and didn't bother about exchange rates and stuff.

That will make the whole thing a lot easier
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KingRuckus: 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
blank:

You mean getting a domiciliary account? That's a great idea if it's allowed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blank(f): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
KingRuckus:

I don't know about the present rules but when I did, I had a domicilliary acct and kept the money for the 28 days. Bought over time whenever the rates favoured me.

Didn't get any queries on that and got my student visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
KingRuckus:

It is allowed but would definitely cost you more as you can only change it through black market
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
@spikesC
how are you doing,i know cool,pls i need to be certain on this,the university just sent me my CAS checking sheet,i checked and nothing was mentioned about the English language being assessed by them,as i know this is the last chance i can edit details before signing should i point this out or it will be included as B2 when the actual CAS is prepared,did you see this when you were sent your CAS checking list.
worried a bit...Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
hello the wise one in the house, please I submitted the uk student visa application and I received email from Abuja last Wednesday that my visa has been issue and it will be ready for collection in two working days. so I thought it will be ready on Friday but till now Monday is not yet ready when I track it on the teleperformance. Please does any body know how long it take to get ready for collection after the approval email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
pjonesm:
hello the wise one in the house, please I submitted the uk student visa application and I received email from Abuja last Wednesday that my visa has been issue and it will be ready for collection in two working days. so I thought it will be ready on Friday but till now Monday is not yet ready when I track it on the teleperformance. Please does any body know how long it take to get ready for collection after the approval email.

it should be ready because my spouse that applied as my dependant got approval email last week thursday and teleperfomance abuja sent her email today that its ready for pick up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
constance234:
@spikesC
how are you doing,i know cool,pls i need to be certain on this,the university just sent me my CAS checking sheet,i checked and nothing was mentioned about the English language being assessed by them,as i know this is the last chance i can edit details before signing should i point this out or it will be included as B2 when the actual CAS is prepared,did you see this when you were sent your CAS checking list.
worried a bit...Thanks

Hi, i have been ok.

They will not include your English score in the CAS. They will only say that, as a Higher Education Institution, they have accessed your English language capability and that it meets with the requirement. That is also what you would tick in your VISA application form.

Also, remember to give them the exact name of the documents you're submitting, as it was written on the document, so you won't get into unnecessary trouble with the visa officer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hydrazone: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2014
justwise:

Thanks for all your input justwise. Pls I want to know if I can submit my application using admission letter with September starting date or I have to get another admission letter? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2014
spikesC:

Hi, i have been ok.

They will not include your English score in the CAS. They will only say that, as a Higher Education Institution, they have accessed your English language capability and that it meets with the requirement. That is also what you would tick in your VISA application form.

Also, remember to give them the exact name of the documents you're submitting, as it was written on the document, so you won't get into unnecessary trouble with the visa officer
Thank you for the response...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 8:52am On Oct 21, 2014
hydrazone:

Thanks for all your input justwise. Pls I want to know if I can submit my application using admission letter with September starting date or I have to get another admission letter? Thanks
You will need a new letter, the September is invalid now.
Get new offer of admitance from your school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:50am On Oct 21, 2014
hydrazone:

Admission letter or CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello all,@justwise,@spikesC
i will be making my visa application in the coming week,i have received my CAS and all that was stated i submit is my university degree,i want to also add my academic transcripts even this was not stated,or should i just stick to the CAS document and submit just the degree certificate.
bless you guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
percyfaya:
Hello all,@justwise,@spikesC
i will be making my visa application in the coming week,i have received my CAS and all that was stated i submit is my university degree, i want to also add my academic transcripts even this was not stated,or should i just stick to the CAS document and submit just the degree certificate.[/color]
bless you guys

That is what you need to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
justwise:

That is what you need to do.
Thank you i will do just that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hydrazone: 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
justwise:

Admission letter or CAS?
Admission letter. I am yet to get the CAS though I now have ATAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
hydrazone:

Admission letter. I am yet to get the CAS though I now have ATAS.

All you need is current CAS, you don't need admission letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by obig: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello everybody, Please is it compulsory to receive a mail from tp to confirm that my application has been processed before i could go and check if my package is ready for pickup?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 6:53am On Oct 22, 2014
Hello @Justwise and other distinguished members of the House, please how do I pay my tuition. My visa debit card was declned. I contacted Diamond Bank and was told that my limit is below the 50% tuition I am supposed to pay. Since Monday, diamond bank has been posting me and have not provided a solution. I don't have online banking access Andy funds are trapped in their bank. Please what do I do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2014
MallamYahaya:
Hello @Justwise and other distinguished members of the House, please how do I pay my tuition. My visa debit card was declned. I contacted Diamond Bank and was told that my limit is below the 50% tuition I am supposed to pay. Since Monday, diamond bank has been posting me and have not provided a solution. I don't have online banking access Andy funds are trapped in their bank. Please what do I do.

Never had such experience.....please somebody with experience should help.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blank(f): 8:50am On Oct 22, 2014
MallamYahaya:

You can pay up to the amount allowed by your card and then pay the rest via international bank transfer. If the part payment is not possible, pay via international transfer. As in go to the bank and tell them that you want to make an international transfer. Have the bank sort code and other info with you. It is more expensive as the bank will charge fees and the receiving bank will also charge fees. Ensure, you know the exchange rate going to be used.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hydrazone: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2014
justwise:

All you need is current CAS, you don't need admission letter.
The University is asking that I re apply for a new admission letter bearing the January start date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2014
hydrazone:

The University is asking that I re apply for a new admission letter bearing the January start date.

Were you refused a visa before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deipiero10: 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hi Guys,
I am going to apply for a general visit visa to the Uk this October for my graduation which is set to happen in November. This is because my student visa expired before the event. I have all the necessary documents including the visa support letter from my school.
However, I am confused about the bank statement required. It says that the statement should be of the last 6 months. I have a statement from January to July. There is hardly any activity on the account but it will cover the trip. Is this OK? Please advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2014
hello @justwise
i just finished filling my form,perusing thru i saw that i have been confused all along by this 2 columns

1-Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth in the last 10 years?

2-Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK or a Commonwealth Country, in the last 10 years?

I have been to only commonwealth countries just to have second opinion and be sure which is applicable to be?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
percyfaya:
hello @justwise
i just finished filling my form,perusing thru i saw that i have been confused all along by this 2 columns

1-Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth in the last 10 years?

2-Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK or a Commonwealth Country, in the last 10 years?

I have been to only commonwealth countries just to have second opinion and be sure which is applicable to be?

Thank you

1. Have been issued any visa to the UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth in the last 10 years? Yes ......state the commonwealth country.

2.Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK or a Commonwealth Country, in the last 10 years? Yes....just like the above answer ^^^ you have visited a commonwealth country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.