Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864456 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
justwise:

1. Have been issued any visa to the UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth in the last 10 years? Yes ......state the commonwealth country.

2.Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK or a Commonwealth Country, in the last 10 years? Yes....just like the above answer ^^^ you have visited a commonwealth country.
thank you so much, on the second column its excluding to the UK and commonwealth country
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
percyfaya:

thank you so much, on the second column its excluding to the UK and commonwealth country

Sorry I missed that. The answer is No then since you haven't traveled to any other country apart from commonwealth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
justwise:

Sorry I missed that. The answer is No then since you haven't traveled to any other country apart from commonwealth

Thank you so much,it just had to come from you for me to be comfortable...God bless you and keep you going from grace to grace
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
percyfaya:

Thank you so much,it just had to come from you for me to be comfortable...God bless you and keep you going from grace to grace

No worries. All the very best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jaydacorsair: 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
@Justwise and other gurus in the house. I. just applied for a Taught postgraduate course and would love to apply for a visa immediately. I am a business man, graduated 2012, sponsoring myself and 23years old. I have a registered COY incorporated in 2012 with a CAC certificate and tax Clarance certificate showing the commencement date of trade as July 2014. I have a savings account that covers both my maintenance fee and also Tuition fee with extra sum. I have few questions to ask:
1. Do I need to provide proof of source of funds?
2. Do I need to submit all the above listed company documents?
3. I have a property that gives me about 1.3million Naira annually. Should I submit the agreements I had with my tenants as proof?
4. I have an inherited landed properties, should I add them too?

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
@justwise
Pls what do you advise,I want to submit my online form and print and pay for visa, but my 28 days will mature upper week,I just want to beat the November rush and get an interview date fast.can I proceed or do I wait till after the 28 days has elapsed then I can.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
percyfaya:
@justwise
Pls what do you advise,I want to submit my online form and print and pay for visa, but my 28 days will mature upper week,I just want to beat the November rush and get an interview date fast.can I proceed or do I wait till after the 28 days has elapsed then I can.thanks

Wait for your 28days to avoid mistake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
justwise:

Wait for your 28days to avoid mistake
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
percyfaya:

Thank you

Is your course Jan starter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jaydacorsair: 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
@Justwise and other gurus in the house. I just applied for a Taught postgraduate course. I am a business man, graduated 2012, sponsoring myself and 23years old. I have a registered COY incorporated in 2012 with a CAC certificate and tax Clarance certificate showing the commencement date of trade as July 2014. I have a savings account that covers both my maintenance fee and also Tuition fee with extra sum. I have few questions to ask:
3. I have a property that gives me about 1.3million Naira annually. Should I submit the agreements I had with my tenants as proof?

Do I need this document when applying for a visa?

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 6:57am On Oct 23, 2014
jaydacorsair:
@Justwise and other gurus in the house. I just applied for a Taught postgraduate course. I am a business man, graduated 2012, sponsoring myself and 23years old. I have a registered COY incorporated in 2012 with a CAC certificate and tax Clarance certificate showing the commencement date of trade as July 2014. I have a savings account that covers both my maintenance fee and also Tuition fee with extra sum. I have few questions to ask:

Do I need this document when applying for a visa?

thanks

You don't need to include your company document, property document and source of income,all you need to do is to put the document stated on your CAS and make sure the total money needed stays in your account for 28 days then you can print the statement for 28 days and submit

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 7:59am On Oct 23, 2014
justwise:

Is your course Jan starter?
Yes my course starts January
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
MallamYahaya:
Hello @Justwise and other distinguished members of the House, please how do I pay my tuition. My visa debit card was declned. I contacted Diamond Bank and was told that my limit is below the 50% tuition I am supposed to pay. Since Monday, diamond bank has been posting me and have not provided a solution. I don't have online banking access Andy funds are trapped in their bank. Please what do I do.

I hope this is not too late but you can pay as many times as you want. You can devide the payment into 2, pay today and pay the rest the next day. They will all count
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by teeewai(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
For guys coming to Birmingham........

I have a very spacious/clean double room in a shared detached house --
4minutes walk from Birmingham city University and 2 minutes walk to PerryBarr train station/good access to bus stations and shopping centers.

Post code is B20 3JH if you want to look it up. Rent is £165 pcm.

Hit me up if you're interested.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 1:14am On Oct 26, 2014
MallamYahaya:
Hello @Justwise and other distinguished members of the House, please how do I pay my tuition. My visa debit card was declned. I contacted Diamond Bank and was told that my limit is below the 50% tuition I am supposed to pay. Since Monday, diamond bank has been posting me and have not provided a solution. I don't have online banking access Andy funds are trapped in their bank. Please what do I do.
I use Zenith. I told my account officer. He initiated a process and I have now been notified that the maximum amount I can pay will increase for a particular period on monday to enable me pay my fees. I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 1:21am On Oct 26, 2014
percyfaya:
@justwise

That's what I did. I submitted, paid for and printed my application on the 12th, but my 28th day was on the 23rd, did my final transaction and submitted on the 24th. all in September. Visa was issued in a week. I think some other people here did that too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
kemkem30:

That's what I did. I submitted, paid for and printed my application on the 12th, but my 28th day was on the 23rd, did my final transaction and submitted on the 24th. all in September. Visa was issued in a week. I think some other people here did that too.
Thank you,I will do same cos I know once it's November the dates are more taken
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello

Please is there any NL, Africa, White,mixed race, Male or Female who needs accommodation that is schooling around Chester, Warrington or nearby environs. I have a 2bedflat and i want to share the other one. pls reply me if interested or u know somone who might be interested feel free to rply me n i will provide further details.

Post code: WA1 2TE. D flat is in Warrington town centre. £250pcm

thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
@justwise
pls i have a little issue worrying me,on my last visit to south Africa i overstayed by 3 months my last visa date,but i did apply fopr a visa extension in SA to undergo a short course,i left soon after but didnt complete the course because i found out the school was bogus,i dont have a over stay stamp or fine stamp on my passport as immigration saw i applied for an extension with the decision still pending when i traveled back to Nigeria...how best do i explain this to the VO cos i know they will peruse my previous visas to see how long i stayed in each country.
thank you sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:29am On Oct 28, 2014
percyfaya:
@justwise
pls i have a little issue worrying me,on my last visit to south Africa i overstayed by 3 months my last visa date,but i did apply fopr a visa extension in SA to undergo a short course,i left soon after but didnt complete the course because i found out the school was bogus,i dont have a over stay stamp or fine stamp on my passport as immigration saw i applied for an extension with the decision still pending when i traveled back to Nigeria...how best do i explain this to the VO cos i know they will peruse my previous visas to see how long i stayed in each country.
thank you sir

.....just the way you explained it here, the most important thing is telling the truth, you may not be able to remember all the details but tell the truth if asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 9:38am On Oct 28, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

.....just the way you explained it here, the most important thing is telling the truth, you may not be able to remember all the details but tell the truth if asked.

ok but should i write it in the extra information section or wait until i am asked during the interview.below is my writeup in the application

I APPLIED FOR A PERMIT WHEN IN SOUTH AFRICA TO UNDERGO A SHORT PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA COURSE,BUT AFTER 2 MONTHS I CANCELLED THE VISA APPLICATION AFTER I FOUND OUT THE COURSE IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA AS I WAS TOLD BUT JUST A CERTIFICATION NOT APPROVED AS THE PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA DOESNT HAVE APPROVAL SO I WILL BE AWARDED A DIPLOMA,I REPORTED THE DECEPTION TO AUTHORITIES,GOT MY FEES REFUNDED AND TRAVELED BACK TO NIGERIA,HENCE I DIDNT OVER STAY IN SOUTH AFRICA THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO OVER STAY STAMP AND FINE STAMP ON MY PASSPORT.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
percyfaya:

ok but should i write it in the extra information section or wait until i am asked during the interview.below is my writeup in the application

I APPLIED FOR A PERMIT WHEN IN SOUTH AFRICA TO UNDERGO A SHORT PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA COURSE,BUT AFTER 2 MONTHS I CANCELLED THE VISA APPLICATION AFTER I FOUND OUT THE COURSE IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA AS I WAS TOLD BUT JUST A CERTIFICATION NOT APPROVED AS THE PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA DOESNT HAVE APPROVAL SO I WILL BE AWARDED A DIPLOMA,I REPORTED THE DECEPTION TO AUTHORITIES,GOT MY FEES REFUNDED AND TRAVELED BACK TO NIGERIA,HENCE I DIDNT OVER STAY IN SOUTH AFRICA THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO OVER STAY STAMP AND FINE STAMP ON MY PASSPORT.

Thank you

Only provide such explanation when asked in the form or during the interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
justwise:

Only provide such explanation when asked in the form or during the interview.
Ok thank you,guess i have to take it out from the form cos it wasn't asked i just wanted to clear it up incase the VO see i stayed longer than the visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hi, justwise and everybody in the house, please I want some advice from you. I have just been issued a uk visa for my PhD study in UK. They gave me 4 years visa for study. But I have my family in Nigeria, my wife and two children. Please can you advise me on what document I need to apply for their visa to join me and also how much my money should be in my bank statement, and if I need to hold the fund for 28 days. Please I look forward to your advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
pjonesm:
Hi, justwise and everybody in the house, please I want some advice from you. I have just been issued a uk visa for my PhD study in UK. They gave me 4 years visa for study. But I have my family in Nigeria, my wife and two children. Please can you advise me on what document I need to apply for their visa to join me and also how much my money should be in my bank statement, and if I need to hold the fund for 28 days. Please I look forward to your advice.

You will get answers from this link. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/364762/T4_Guidance_10-14.pdf Read from 49
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2014
teeewai:
For guys coming to Birmingham........

I have a very spacious/clean double room in a shared detached house --
4minutes walk from Birmingham city University and 2 minutes walk to PerryBarr train station/good access to bus stations and shopping centers.

Post code is B20 3JH if you want to look it up. Rent is £165 pcm.

Hit me up if you're interested.

Hello I'm interested but I have a wife and a six months old son. Is that okay with you? I'm a Phd student and my school is in London but I've not been able to secure cheap accommodation in London. I don't mind commuting from Birmingham to London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2014
MallamYahaya:

Hello I'm interested but I have a wife and a six months old son. Is that okay with you? I'm a Phd student and my school is in London but I've not been able to secure cheap accommodation in London. I don't mind commuting from Birmingham to London

Hmmmm...are you for real? At least 4hrs journey? Have you tried Kent or even Luton which is about an hr away from London?

What is your budget for accommodation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 9:47am On Oct 29, 2014
MallamYahaya:

If you can afford to even think about commuting from Birmingham to London
then you can find accomodation close to your school.
Plus one sight of that kind of idea and UKBA will say you are a fake student and refuse visa.

Train fare Bham to London below!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
I applied for a tier4 student visa to study at capital college eltham london,I was refused on the ground that my maintainace fee wasn't sufficient enough to cover my accomodation even when my mum deposited 16500euros.the equivalentof 3.6million in my account for 33days,that apart,was also told that I didn't do research on other school before applying,that they weren't sure I was a genuine student due to one or two mistake I encountered on a phone interview,I applied for an administrative review,was called last week friday to fill the review form and send to an email the embassy gave me,eventhough my review has been sent on an earlier date before the call,its been approximately 2weeks now,and I haven't heard from them yet,my school was able to send me an accomodation letter after the refusal,and my fees is just 3500pounds of which have made a down payment of 1500pounds,not withstanding the 3.6million approximately 12500pounds in my account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
@spike the wise one,just so to convince them when I applied,I added my mums pay slips,promotion letters and appointment letter,just so they won't doubt the source of income of my sponsor,made a mistake of not attaching the slips of the last 6months of 2013 instead of the first 6months slips of 2014,so the ECO said the slips I tendered weren't recent and that what if my mum isn't in service anymore,so for the review,the solicitor rquested I sent him a copy of my mums bank statement of the last 6months of her salary account,and I was also lucky to get her recent 6months pay slip,so with my accomodation now covered and my mums been able to prove that she is well in service to sponsor my studies,what are my chances for a successful review?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:34am On Oct 30, 2014
odehbrainard:
I applied for a tier4 student visa to study at capital college eltham london,I was refused on the ground that my maintainace fee wasn't sufficient enough to cover my accomodation even when my mum deposited 16500euros.the equivalentof 3.6million in my account for 33days,that apart,was also told that I didn't do research on other school before applying,that they weren't sure I was a genuine student due to one or two mistake I encountered on a phone interview,I applied for an administrative review,was called last week friday to fill the review form and send to an email the embassy gave me,eventhough my review has been sent on an earlier date before the call,its been approximately 2weeks now,and I haven't heard from them yet,my school was able to send me an accomodation letter after the refusal,and my fees is just 3500pounds of which have made a down payment of 1500pounds,not withstanding the 3.6million approximately 12500pounds in my account.

odehbrainard:
@spike the wise one,just so to convince them when I applied,I added my mums pay slips,promotion letters and appointment letter,just so they won't doubt the source of income of my sponsor,made a mistake of not attaching the slips of the last 6months of 2013 instead of the first 6months slips of 2014,so the ECO said the slips I tendered weren't recent and that what if my mum isn't in service anymore,so for the review,the solicitor rquested I sent him a copy of my mums bank statement of the last 6months of her salary account,and I was also lucky to get her recent 6months pay slip,so with my accomodation now covered and my mums been able to prove that she is well in service to sponsor my studies,what are my chances for a successful review?

You are tackling your problem from an angle not required. You're supposed to address the questions raised ONLY, and not add more.

First of all, are we talking euro here or pounds cos that might be your mistake.
Also, did you clear your school fees? if not, how much is left to be paid? and did the full amount clock 28 days?

Then, you have to address the other question raised, being that you're not a genuine student. You can start by accurately answering the failed interview questions. And possibly, detailing what you have been doing a few years ago that leads up to you applying to school in the UK.

Nevertheless, being that you've already submitted, we can only hope that all will be well and turn out successful.
And then, note that you cannot produce new or different documents for an Administrative Review. They would only access you with the old documents you submitted, unless of course, they asked you for more documents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.