Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866557 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 6:10am On Oct 30, 2014
@spike the wise one,I paid 1510pounds which was stated on my CAS,they did their own conversion and even stated it on the refusal letter,the ECO was able to state that the equivalent of 16500 euros was around 12500pounds,and yes it stayed in my account for more than 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 6:55am On Oct 30, 2014
@odehbrainard:
sorry to hear about the visa denial,from my follow ups here and experiences i have read i think you have a very good chance at the appeal if
1-the 12500pounds you have in your account does not include maintenance money and fees balance remaining or have you paid all your fees prior?
2-you made the right calculations on the location of your university,if its inside or outside the inner London boroughs.
3-dont compound the review process,deal with only the questions raise by the ECO and try as much as possible to prove you are a genuine student.
Best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hydrazone: 8:32am On Oct 30, 2014
justwise:

You will get answers from this link. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/364762/T4_Guidance_10-14.pdf Read from 49
Good morning. Please do I still need to wait for 28days even if I have a sponsorship letter from my employer. They are paying the money for the first year into my account though that may take a while. I have a start date of 1st February. The sponsorship letter states that they are paying for tuition, bench fees, living expenses, travel.
Again I also intend going with family (wife and a baby) how feasible is that?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Oct 30, 2014
hydrazone:

Good morning. Please do I still need to wait for 28days even if I have a sponsorship letter from my employer. They are paying the money for the first year into my account though that may take a while. I have a start date of 1st February. The sponsorship letter states that they are paying for tuition, bench fees, living expenses, travel.
Again I also intend going with family (wife and a baby) how feasible is that?
Thanks

Is your employer a multinational company?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hydrazone: 8:51am On Oct 30, 2014
justwise:

Is your employer a multinational company?
It's a University. The sponsorship is coming from tetfund.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:55am On Oct 30, 2014
hydrazone:

It's a University. The sponsorship is coming from tetfund.

If the sponsorship is not covering your wife and the baby then you need to show maintenance money for them but all you need is the sponsorship letter no need for 28days counting.

There are people here who are going with tetfund scholarship as well, they have applied and got their visas as well.

They will give you advice based on personal experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

Hmmmm...are you for real? At least 4hrs journey? Have you tried Kent or even Luton which is about an hr away from London?

What is your budget for accommodation?

Hello @Justwise, my budget is 450 pounds per month. I need a double room anywhere in London or near London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bishopie: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Please I need an urgent answer. Is public holiday inclusive when counting the 28 days period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bishopie: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
Justwise and other gurus in the forum. Pls will I count public holidays if it falls within the 28 days period. Please treat as urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bishopie: 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
Pls will I count public holidays within the 28 days for funds held in the bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bishopie: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
Anybody in the house. Pls how do i contact just wise. I have a question oooo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:45am On Oct 31, 2014
Bishopie:
Pls will I count public holidays within the 28 days for funds held in the bank.

Yes, even weekends
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Akadas: 6:16am On Oct 31, 2014
Please Justwise and SpikesC,

I have been reading this thread as a guest but I want to get these issues bothering me ironed out, I got admission to do Msc in the UK. My tuition is 10+ pounds and i have paid 8k pounds but my problem is the maintenance fee. I have about 7million in my savings account which I intend to present at the UKHC in lagos, what i want to know is, must the maintenance be what is stipulated in the CAS or above that, also must the money be in the bank for 28 days as mine is above 3 months in the bank.

Please note that 8k pounds i have paid is not from the mentioned 7million.

thanks as you help me out here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 7:26am On Oct 31, 2014
odehbrainard:
@spike the wise one,I paid 1510pounds which was stated on my CAS,they did their own conversion and even stated it on the refusal letter,the ECO was able to state that the equivalent of 16500 euros was around 12500pounds,and yes it stayed in my account for more than 28days.

Please, was this the email you sent your review to? Visasheffield@homeoffive.gsi.uk
I also applied for an administrative review early this month, and I haven't heard from them since then, just received an automated mail immediately I sent the mail...

And you said something about receiving a call before you applied, can u explain this please.. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2014
Akadas:
Please Justwise and SpikesC,

I have been reading this thread as a guest but I want to get these issues bothering me ironed out, I got admission to do Msc in the UK. My tuition is 10+ pounds and i have paid 8k pounds but my problem is the maintenance fee. I have about 7million in my savings account which I intend to present at the UKHC in lagos, what i want to know is, must the maintenance be what is stipulated in the CAS or above that, also must the money be in the bank for 28 days as mine is above 3 months in the bank.

Please note that 8k pounds i have paid is not from the mentioned 7million.

thanks as you help me out here.

The fund in ur bank must not be less than the maintenance fund plus the remaining unpaid school fees. Therefore, it can be as much as anything but not less.

It must be atleast on a consecutive 28days and not more than 30days of the day you're applying. Therefore, count 28days backward from the day u want to apply and print those days but making sure that in those days, it never went below that.

Hope its all clear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bishopie:
Justwise and other gurus in the forum. Pls will I count public holidays if it falls within the 28 days period. Please treat as urgent

It is 28 consecutive days not working days. Public holidays and weekends are include in the 28 consecutive days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Akadas: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
SpikeC, Thanks very much for this clarification.

Please when you mean the day I want to apply, do you mean the DAY i am submitting my online application and making payment or the DAY of interview. Thanks once again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
Akadas:
SpikeC, Thanks very much for this clarification.

Please when you mean the day I want to apply, do you mean the DAY i am submitting my online application and making payment or the DAY of interview. Thanks once again.

Any of them, it doesn't really matter any more
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Finafina(f): 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
lay86 post=265341i am a student of bangor university 84:
Abeg who dey go Bangor University or knows who is going there, it will be really helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Finafina(f): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
100likes!!!!!! comment got me lollll
mizGene:

Ask what? undecided your questions show u hvnt bothered to do ur homework b4 asking for any clarification on points u don't understand. Before you know it, some1 somewhere will feed u wrong info n you'll swallow it hook, line and sinker.
So oga, always do some research so u don't sound totally foolish when u open ur mouth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Finafina(f): 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
u can also work ere in canada
jcaribie:

Well, schooling in Canada and in the UK have almost the same financial costs. However, due to the weight of the pounds, schooling in the UK is more expensive than in Canada. The only advantage with schooling in the UK is that you can work as you school.... I'm not sure it's the same in Canada. I stand to be corrected tho!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2014
Finafina:
u can also work ere in canada

I am aware...due to the recent laws which came into force. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 2:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hi,

I applied for my visa here in the UK using a UK account statement in my name. My wife and baby want to apply to join me. I intend to use my nigerian account which is in my name as proof of their maintenance funds. Is this OK or does my wife have to use an account in her own name? Also, when using my account should the money in the account only reflect there maintenance funds or theirs plus mine (keep in mind, I am in the UK and already have my visa)?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hi @thewiseone, tomorrow makes 16days of which have submitted my review,but no response yet other than the friday of the week i submitted the review when they called me from abuja to demand my signature on the review for I filled,they sent me an email,which i scanned it to,please my solicitor claims she sent my passport along with the hard and soft copies of my documents,is it possible,isnt it when they've made a decision that you are asked to bring your passport for visas?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
odehbrainard:
Hi @thewiseone, tomorrow makes 16days of which have submitted my review,but no response yet other than the friday of the week i submitted the review when they called me from abuja to demand my signature on the review for I filled,they sent me an email,which i scanned it to,please my solicitor claims she sent my passport along with the hard and soft copies of my documents,is it possible,isnt it when they've made a decision that you are asked to bring your passport for visas?

Yes that is the case, no need including the passport or any other document.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muami(m): 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Amdan:
Hi,

I applied for my visa here in the UK using a UK account statement in my name. My wife and baby want to apply to join me. I intend to use my nigerian account which is in my name as proof of their maintenance funds. Is this OK or does my wife have to use an account in her own name? Also, when using my account should the money in the account only reflect there maintenance funds or theirs plus mine (keep in mind, I am in the UK and already have my visa)?.

They can use a statement of account in your wife's name or in your name to apply. Any of them is acceptable. On your second question, the rule is not so clear. The rules states that if they are applying at the same time as you, then you should show maintenance for everyone including yourself. However, there is nowhere in the rules where it is expressly stated that if they applying after you are already in the UK, they do not need to show maintenance for yourself. There is also nowhere that states otherwise. What I however advice people to do is to show maintenance for everyone including the student, and also include a copy of your tuition fees receipt, if paid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
@spike

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
@spike that's my refusal form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 12:28am On Nov 03, 2014
odehbrainard:
@spike

I'm sorry about this Bro. About the statement, were expecting u to keep depositing money? They said it's just one deposit in July.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 6:55am On Nov 03, 2014
@justwise,and all
pls i am about to fill my form now and pay for my visa fee,do i need to do so in a cafe where i can print cos i dont have printer at home,or will the payment receipt and appointment confirmation be sent to my email.
thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.