Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866535 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:36am On Nov 03, 2014
@spikesC
i have received my CAS,i found the course title written as Engineering management(180),when filling the form should i just fill the Engineering management as course title or include as written on CAS,Also during interview when asked title of course do i say Engineering management 180 or just answer Engineering management.
remain blessed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2014
percyfaya:
@justwise,and all
pls i am about to fill my form now and pay for my visa fee,do i need to do so in a cafe where i can print cos i dont have printer at home,or will the payment receipt and appointment confirmation be sent to my email.
thank you

Sure you can do that, yes such info will be sent to the email you registered with.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2014
justwise:

Sure you can do that, yes such info will be sent to the email you registered with.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2014
But that isn't supposed to be a prerogative to judge,my mum converted the 3.5million she amassed from her savings in the last 2years,converted it to euros and opened an account with the equivalent in my name,my solicitor and the registrar said it never matter so far I have the equivalent of my maintenance fee in my account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2014
pato231:

Thank you

No worries.

Good luck with your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 10:04am On Nov 03, 2014
justwise:

No worries.

Good luck with your application.
Thank you and God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2014
percyfaya:
@justwise,and all
pls i am about to fill my form now and pay for my visa fee,do i need to do so in a cafe where i can print cos i dont have printer at home,or will the payment receipt and appointment confirmation be sent to my email.
thank you
pato231:

Thank you and God bless

pato231:

Thank you

percyfaya = pato231
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2014
justwise:

percyfaya = pato231

yeah,one and same boss,one on phone,one on laptop
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2014
@justwise they didn't mention anything about running the account,besides i was told that in as much as I have paid more that half my fees and hold my maintenance fee,i am more than qualified for a visa,i even called my schools registrar about whether my mum should pay it in bulk or in splits,he said there was no where it was stated in the immigration laws that states that an intending student must run and account,he went on further to state that so far the student is able to show the equivalent of his maintenance fee for 28days,thats all that counts and not the history of the account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2014
odehbrainard:
@justwise they didn't mention anything about running the account,besides i was told that in as much as I have paid more that half my fees and hold my maintenance fee,i am more than qualified for a visa,i even called my schools registrar about whether my mum should pay it in bulk or in splits,he said there was no where it was stated in the immigration laws that states that an intending student must run and account,he went on further to state that so far the student is able to show the equivalent of his maintenance fee for 28days,thats all that counts and not the history of the account.

You have a good chance at this,but the only problem i see is your academic progression,you have a certificate in computer studies,now going for a business related course,prove your reasons beyond reasonable doubt.my own 2cent:dont allow some half baked lawyers put you in more precarious situation by submitting documents not requested.this forum has all the expert because you deal with people based on their experiences.
Best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 11:05am On Nov 03, 2014
@justwise she got it all wrong,i tendered my SSCE results and a letter from my uncle's company,where I worked as a storekeeper for 3years,before proceeding to do a one year computer programme with the delta state youth resource center,i even showed original documents for all,she is then judging me based on that when she clearly saw my school leaving certificate and result.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 11:13am On Nov 03, 2014
@justwise I tendered my SSCE results,certificate,letter from my uncle's oil firm where I worked for 2years,before proceeding to do a one year computer programme at delta states youth resource center,couldnt she have seen all the documents to back it all up in its original state,and she claims have been to just one year of school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
@justwise why is it taking so long for them to decide,though this might just be a good sign,cause a friend of mine's review was decided in just 5days but it wasn't successful,someone told me that it's cause I have a strong case,its why they haven't decided yet,that there is hope,and I was also made to understand that home office have back log of jobs at hand and it's the reason for the delays.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
@spikesC,@justwise
i have received my CAS,i found the course title written as Engineering management(180),when filling the form should i just fill the Engineering management as course title or include as written on CAS,Also during interview when asked title of course do i say Engineering management 180 or just answer Engineering management.
remain blessed[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
pato231:
@spikesC,@justwise
remain blessed

Yes, just fill and answer Engineering management. The number, 180, is probably just a reference number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
odehbrainard:
@justwise why is it taking so long for them to decide,though this might just be a good sign,cause a friend of mine's review was decided in just 5days but it wasn't successful,someone told me that it's cause I have a strong case,its why they haven't decided yet,that there is hope,and I was also made to understand that home office have back log of jobs at hand and it's the reason for the delays.

Reviews normally take 1 month so don't panic yet.
Get into something else to take your mind off it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
odehbrainard:
@spike that's my refusal form

These people have a strong case against you. How can you not be able to atleast, guess the month you completed a course of study.
And then, it was even stated on the certificate.

For the other parts, i keep wondering what led you to discussing about your future plans, source of income and all those crap in the application form. That is something you talk about, in an interview.

The refusal letter is very straight forward. You made it clear that you did not research on your program of study, your school and it's environs.
The ECO does not want someone who is being baby-fed information. They take 18+ as adults, and therefore should do what adults are supposed to do when undertaking a big step like a change of career, being Independent and spending 19 months of their mom's income.

One thing about the UK establishments is that they access with the info they have on you. You gave them too much information, and it doomed your chances of getting a VISA. Also, colleges raise eye brows when mentioned by international students.

There're so many red flags on your situation that i would be surprised if your review is successful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
spikesC:

Yes, just fill and answer Engineering management. The number, 180, is probably just a reference number
The 180 is the total credit of all modules,i still don't know why its on my CAS,as i read on this thread that all information in the CAS should be copied,don't you think its safer i input the course as stated in the CAS,or should i confirm from the international office about this?
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
pato231:

The 180 is the total credit of all modules,i still don't know why its on my CAS,as i read on this thread that all information in the CAS should be copied,don't you think its safer i input the course as stated in the CAS,or should i confirm from the international office about this?
thanks

You don't need that. Imagine telling a recruiter that you studied Engineering management 180.
Don't you think it kinda sound silly

CAS is a generated document. It doesn't really make a difference
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
spikesC:

You don't need that. Imagine telling a recruiter that you studied Engineering management 180.
Don't you think it kinda sound silly

CAS is a generated document. It doesn't really make a difference

Hahahah,yeah you are right bro,i have effected the change on the form.Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
pato231:

Hahahah,yeah you are right bro,i have effected the change on the form.Thank you
wink

Most time, those codes are UCAS codes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
@spike I was meant to cover up,the time that have been at home since my SSCE was completed in 2008,about the part where i gave out too much info,i had already given the info during the skype interview,was very surprised when they asked me the very same questions on a phone interview,as for the time of completion of my computer programmme,I was caught off guard,and I didn't wanna give a false information to the ECO,i have gone through their immigration rules and guidelines,could not find anywhere where they asked those crap they put on the refusal form,i met the educational requirements,met the financial requirements,maintainance fee and others,which is what was clearly stated in the home office website,so those other questions they asked was uncalled for,i strongly believe that my review would be successful,been that I even forgot to sign the review form,and they contacted via mobile from the embassy t fill it and send to an email they sent me.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
odehbrainard:
@spike I was meant to cover up,the time that have been at home since my SSCE was completed in 2008,about the part where i gave out too much info,i had already given the info during the skype interview,was very surprised when they asked me the very same questions on a phone interview,as for the time of completion of my computer programmme,I was caught off guard,and I didn't wanna give a false information to the ECO[b],i have gone through their immigration rules and guidelines,could not find anywhere where they asked those crap they put on the refusal form,i met the educational requirements,met the financial requirements,maintainance fee and others,which is what was clearly stated in the home office website,so those other questions they asked was uncalled for,[/b]i strongly believe that my review would be successful,been that I even forgot to sign the review form,and they contacted via mobile from the embassy t fill it and send to an email they sent me.

On the immigration website and there knowledge based articles, they would boldly tell you that meeting up with all stated requirements is not a guarantee that would get issued a VISA. It is at the discretion of the visa officer.
BTW, you also have to demonstrate that you're a genuine student. You finished SSCE since 2008, did a one year program, worked for 2 years and you're progressing this year. What happened to the other 3 years.

I am not antagonizing you, i am just putting myself in the visa officer's shoes and accessing you as he would.
Some people are not asked for the details of what they have been doing, while some are asked to present evidence. It all lies on the hands of the visa officer. He get's to decide on your fate. Heck i submitted an almost expired TB certificate and was issued a VISA.

From my point of view, your problem started from applying to a college that you didn't even research about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
@spike very well,i like what you have said,it stated on the letter from my uncle's oil firm that I worked from december 2010 to december 2012 as a store keeper,she asked me to define the course,i did,she asked me to give the course module,i stated it,she asked how the course would benefit me,i did answer correctly,the problem started from when she asked me how the course would help me relate and where would I work with my certificate when am back,she has no right whatsoever to ask me about that part,as for research on the school,my sister's friend told my sister about the school when she visited london,and I trusted her judgment,so am really yet to see what my fault was,a friend of mine was refused on almost 10points,he was successful and am keying into his miracle by faith.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
odehbrainard
The first thing that you must remember is that you have no special right to a visa.
It is at the discression of the issuing officer. They can ask ANY questions that they need to decide your case.
They are trained to pick up people who do not look genuine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
@spike when I told ECO that my sister was given info about the school by her friend when my sister visited london,she then asked me if my sister schooled in london,i said "NO"cause she just went on holidays,besides my school is a highly regarded sponsor,you can check on their status on home office's website(capitalcollege),go through the third paragraph you could very much see she wasn't making sense there as it doesn't even relate to any of the points,she was talking about my mum.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
odehbrainard:
@spike when I told ECO that my sister was given info about the school by her friend when my sister visited london,she then asked me if my sister schooled in london,i said "NO"cause she just went on holidays,besides my school is a highly regarded sponsor,you can check on their status on home office's website(capitalcollege),go through the third paragraph you could very much see she wasn't making sense there as it doesn't even relate to any of the points,she was talking about my mum.

Sorry about your situation but you look like a difficult person. I understand how you feel right now. Please have in mind that they can deny on their own basis.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
@spikec thanks for everything,you see i need them to make a decision ASAP in other to make a decision on what next to do,my registrar said if the decision doesn't favor me that they were gonna file an appeal for me over there,I can't make any decision as to if I wanna secure another CAS and reapply,it would then mean me running another account,i am not desperate,but am just disappointed at the way my case is being handled,do you know my refusal came out 23rd september and it took them over 2weeks to notify me to go pick up my package at teleperformance abuja,sorry if I sound a bit difficult,but if you were in my shoes right now,you won't do anything less,with over 3,000pounds of my money hanging somewhere now,i ought to be.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
odehbrainard:
@spikec thanks for everything,you see i need them to make a decision ASAP in other to make a decision on what next to do,my registrar said if the decision doesn't favor me that they were gonna file an appeal for me over there,I can't make any decision as to if I wanna secure another CAS and reapply,it would then mean me running another account,i am not desperate,but am just disappointed at the way my case is being handled,do you know my refusal came out 23rd september and it took them over 2weeks to notify me to go pick up my package at teleperformance abuja,sorry if I sound a bit difficult,but if you were in my shoes right now,you won't do anything less,with over 3,000pounds of my money hanging somewhere now,i ought to be.

Bro, please what was the mail address you sent your review to, I applied for an administrative review 10th of last month, and I am still waiting for a reply... Not so sure I sent it to the mail addy... And on der site, it was stated that a review takes maximum of 28days...

Need ur reply ASAP, or anybody got d email addy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
10th of last month,its not yet 28days,so let's hope they get in touch with you this week,i applied for my review on the 16th of last month and haven't been replied yet too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justabox14: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
Experts in the house,

l am just about to submit my application after filling it on-line and at the end l saw, NO VISA INTERVIEW NEEDED. Please,l would like to know if this means l wont be having a credibility interview? ,Well,l just finished a degree in the UK and l am going for another one. Please,l need your clarifications. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
odehbrainard:
10th of last month,its not yet 28days,so let's hope they get in touch with you this week,i applied for my review on the 16th of last month and haven't been replied yet too.

Hope so too, d wait can be quite frustrating at times...

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.