Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,888 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868384 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
@spikesc @justwise and @all. I have about 27,000 pounds in my savings account which is about 7million Naira. My tuition fee is 11,700 pounds and I want to pay from this account. I want to transfer about 3million naira to my exchanger's account to buy pounds. I'm a bit worried if this could raise a red flag in my statement if I make this withdrawal should I source for other money else where and pay ma tuition fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tshegs19: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
My funds + balance wud equal £13,680. Is this d Oanda page I'd print?
& can someone pls help with a link where I can download Vaf8 appendix form

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
ironbender101:
@spikesc @justwise and @all. I have about 27,000 pounds in my savings account which is about 7million Naira. My tuition fee is 11,700 pounds and I want to pay from this account. I want to transfer about 3million naira to my exchanger's account to buy pounds. I'm a bit worried if this could raise a red flag in my statement if I make this withdrawal should I source for other money else where and pay ma tuition fee?

No, it will not.
BTW, why exchanging from blackmarket when u can pay directly either with your debit card or through bank transfer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
pato231:
@justwise,spikesC
I have well above the maintenance fee in my account,do I still need to include the Oanda printout?also I only have to make photocopy of documents I want the original back?
Thank you

You're advised to include it.
yes, only make photocopies you cannot reproduce the original easily
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
spikesC:

No, it will not.
BTW, why exchanging from blackmarket when u can pay directly either with your debit card or through bank transfer

Please how do you mean? I want to create a new pounds account and then fund it and transfer. Can my school charge my card? or is there any other way? banks here dont bid anymore apart from BDC's....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by weezyana07(m): 11:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
My graduation is next month, I just obtain invitation letters for my mom, brother, sister and friend. What procedure do the need to follow and how much do they have to get in their account for the visa to be granted please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
ironbender101:

Please how do you mean? I want to create a new pounds account and then fund it and transfer. Can my school charge my card? or is there any other way? banks here dont bid anymore apart from BDC's....

Most schools allow you to pay with your debit card online or via phone. Just ask them
The money gets converted with CBN exchange rate and no charges apply.

If your school does not allow card payments, go to your bank and tell them you need to pay school fees in the UK. There's a new procedure for that now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
spikesC:

Most schools allow you to pay with your debit card online or via phone. Just ask them
The money gets converted with CBN exchange rate and no charges apply.

If your school does not allow card payments, go to your bank and tell them you need to pay school fees in the UK. There's a new procedure for that now.

Thanks I will ask my school (Salford). Please is our normal master card a debit card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:48am On Nov 09, 2014
ironbender101:

Thanks I will ask my school (Salford). Please is our normal master card a debit card?

Yes, infact all mastercards, visa cards and most internationally accepted cards are allowed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
@spikeC
Thanks,so I just fill in the fees I need for my maintenance and convert or I fill the total money in my account,my account has way over my maintenance fee which is just the money I need to show cos I have paid my full tuition fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
pato231:
@spikeC
Thanks,so I just fill in the fees I need for my maintenance and convert or I fill the total money in my account,my account has way over my maintenance fee which is just the money I need to show cos I have paid my full tuition fee.

Fill the total money in the account or just 1 in the GBP box
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tshegs19: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
tshegs19:
@SpikesC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by primerose: 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
primerose:
Hello house, is it possible to visit ghana and process my tourist visa as a Nigerian. Bcus the visa process in ghana is very easy unlike Nigeria. Pls can smome answer me. Thnx
justwise:

You don't have any problem at all, one account is more than enough as long as it contains all the money needed.....fees and maintenance money.
primerose:
Hello house, is it possible to visit ghana and process my tourist visa as a Nigerian. Bcus the visa process in ghana is very easy unlike Nigeria. Pls can smome answer me. Thnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by primerose: 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
@justwise and @spikes I'm still waiting 4 a reply frm u guys. Thanx a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
primerose:
@justwise and @spikes I'm still waiting 4 a reply frm u guys. Thanx a lot

I don't think its a good idea because you don't have any tie to Ghana and you don't live there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
tshegs19:

It doesn't really matter but that would do

Link to document
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-uk-visa-under-tier-4-general-form-vaf9-appendix-8
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
SpikeC, I got my administrative review today, and it came out negative again, after treating all the issue they raised in my refusal letter... Does it make sense reapplying Wish I can send the mail to u...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
countsparrow:
SpikeC, I got my administrative review today, and it came out negative again, after treating all the issue they raised in my refusal letter... Does it make sense reapplying Wish I can send the mail to u...

When is your course start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
spikesC:

When is your course start date?

normally, i was to resume september, but due to the refusal, i coudnt meet up so i decided to use the review for the next admission which is january, but now after not overturning their decision, i am not so confident with the whole process and all....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
countsparrow:

normally, i was to resume september, but due to the refusal, i coudnt meet up so i decided to use the review for the next admission which is january, but now after not overturning their decision, i am not so confident with the whole process and all....

Na wa ooo

Well, you can organize yourself and apply for the January intake as your scchool has openings for that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
@spikeC
Pls do you know if those passport photo stands operate around teleperformance ikeja,I will be submitting tomorrow,took passports already from 2 different passport shop around my area but I am just not convinced they got the dimensions correct.it will best to snap around the VAC cos they are more updated with the spec.wish me luck bro.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
pato231:
@spikeC
Pls do you know if those passport photo stands operate around teleperformance ikeja,I will be submitting tomorrow,took passports already from 2 different passport shop around my area but I am just not convinced they got the dimensions correct.it will best to snap around the VAC cos they are more updated with the spec.wish me luck bro.
Thanks

I wish u luck bro. I will be applying on the 4th of December I hope its not late. lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
ironbender101:

I wish u luck bro. I will be applying on the 4th of December I hope its not late. lol
Thanks bro,I don't think 4th december will be too late,when is your resumption date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 10:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
pato231:

Thanks bro,I don't think 4th december will be too late,when is your resumption date?

26th January and urs?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
weezyana07:
My graduation is next month, I just obtain invitation letters for my mom, brother, sister and friend. What procedure do the need to follow and how much do they have to get in their account for the visa to be granted please

They need to submit a copy of your visa page and passport data page with a personal letter from you. They will also need evidence of accommodation such as booking a hotel or letter from your landlord that they can stay with you. Don't commit any money to hotel yet though as visa is not guaranteed.

Finally, they will need evidence of funds + payslip to support their whole travel expense. No specific money is required but it must be well above the travel expense and there shouldn't be any unexplainable lodgement in the 6-month statement. Refer to your school's webpage/Student Services for further advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:56am On Nov 11, 2014
pato231:
@spikeC
Thanks

There must be so many of them there.
Take the ones you already have and check if it looks like the ones they snap. Normally, your face should cover most of the picture frame.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 4:48am On Nov 11, 2014
[quote author=ironbender101 post=27901318]

26th January and urs?[/quote
Dec 4 is eary enough,mine is january 5th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 4:50am On Nov 11, 2014
spikesC:

There must be so many of them there.
Take the ones you already have and check if it looks like the ones they snap. Normally, your face should cover most of the picture frame.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
I have submitted my application today,the wait begins.for the benefit of those about to apply these are some of the questions I was asked during the interview,it doesn't follow in the sequence and I guess I don't remember all also.
Name and date of birth.
Course
Level of course
Start date and end date.
Why the university.
Why study in UK.
How did I get to know about the uni.
How did I come to the decision to study at the uni.
When did I apply.
When did I get my offer letter and when did I send my documents over.
When did I pay my fees.
Where do I hope to live in the uk.
How will I commute to school.
Location of my campus and how will I arrive there.
Hope this helps someone.
Is there no university in nigeria where I can study the same course.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
pato231:
I have submitted my application today,the wait begins.for the benefit of those about to apply these are some of the questions I was asked during the interview,it doesn't follow in the sequence and I guess I don't remember all also.
Name and date of birth.
Course
Level of course
Start date and end date.
Why the university.
Why study in UK.
How did I get to know about the uni.
How did I come to the decision to study at the uni.
When did I apply.
When did I get my offer letter and when did I send my documents over.
When did I pay my fees.
Where do I hope to live in the uk.
How will I commute to school.
Location of my campus and how will I arrive there.
Hope this helps someone.

I hope u answered very well? Wish you all the best. I will apply soon in Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tshegs19: 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
pato231:
I have submitted my application today,the wait begins.for the benefit of those about to apply these are some of the questions I was asked during the interview,it doesn't follow in the sequence and I guess I don't remember all also.......
Bro. How did you answer that ^ ?
I don't wana be cheesy, whn answering any of dem questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.