Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866820 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2014
Hello everyone.Just a quick question.If the postgraduate programme in the UK is for 16 months,how many months visa will be issued? Will it be 9 months maintenance money I will need to show evidence for or more considering the fact that the program is 16 months as against the usual 12 months.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 9:32am On Nov 05, 2014
DSSHQ:
Hello everyone.Just a quick question.If the postgraduate programme in the UK is for 16 months,how many months visa will be issued? Will it be 9 months maintenance money I will need to show evidence for or more considering the fact that the program is 16 months as against the usual 12 months.Thanks

Required maintenance fund is for 9 months. The same principle applies for undergraduate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deipiero10: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Good day people,
I applied for a general visit Visa last week and got an email from abuja.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk stating that
"Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within two working days..."

This morning, I got an email from tpcontact.co.uk stating that "UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

What do these 2 seperate emails mean? Please kindly advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
deipiero10:
Good day people,
I applied for a general visit Visa last week and got an email from abuja.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk stating that
"Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within two working days..."

This morning, I got an email from tpcontact.co.uk stating that "UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

What do these 2 seperate emails mean? Please kindly advice.
simply means your visa has been approved.the email from tpcontact.co.uk is just to notify you also,you should work with the approved email received from abuja.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk....congrats and thank you for gate crashing on the UK student visa thread grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deipiero10: 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
pato231:

simply means your visa has been approved.the email from tpcontact.co.uk is just to notify you also,you should work with the approved email received from abuja.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk....congrats and thank you for gate crashing on the UK student visa thread grin
Thank you for the reply and Soz for posting in the UK student visa section grin. Thing is I actually applied for my uni graduation lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
@spikec I know you must have an idea of someone who has gone through a successful administrative review before,please could you help us find out how long it took for the embassy to call them to bring forth their passport for a visa? I remembered when my friend did his 2months ago,he submitted and was called to tender his passport after 2weeks,then after the submission it took the embassy another 2weeks to issue the visa. Mine is 2weeks and 2days today,and nothing yet,and again they said once the decision is against you,they normally tell you in 5days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hello Justwise.Just a quick question.If the postgraduate programme in the UK is for 16 months,how many months visa will be issued? Will it be 9 months maintenance money I will need to show evidence for or more considering the fact that the program is 16 months as against the usual 12 months.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
crown86:

Required maintenance fund is for 9 months. The same principle applies for undergraduate

DSSHQ:
Hello Justwise.Just a quick question.If the postgraduate programme in the UK is for 16 months,how many months visa will be issued? Will it be 9 months maintenance money I will need to show evidence for or more considering the fact that the program is 16 months as against the usual 12 months.Thanks

You will be given a visa that will cover the duration of your course plus additional 4 months.

Your second question is answered above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
justwise:

You will be given a visa that will cover the duration of your course plus additional 4 months.

Your second question is answered above.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 2:23am On Nov 06, 2014
@all, I applied for MSC management @ Salford Uni on Sunday 2nd November and they gave me a conditional admission on Tuesday 4th November. I'm a bit worried about how fast the process went and if they really accessed my application effectively. I was informed to pay 4400 British pounds to make my offer unconditional and to get ma CAS. Please is this really how long it takes? How long does it take for one to get CAS after payment? Is it advisable to pay the full tuition fee?. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 7:25am On Nov 06, 2014
ironbender101:
@all, I applied for MSC management @ Salford Uni on Sunday 2nd November and they gave me a conditional admission on Tuesday 4th November. I'm a bit worried about how fast the process went and if they really accessed my application effectively. I was informed to pay 4400 British pounds to make my offer unconditional and to get ma CAS. Please is this really how long it takes? How long does it take for one to get CAS after payment? Is it advisable to pay the full tuition fee?. Thanks

When you applied you submitted your academic qualifications online right,they sure will have assessed you based on the qualification you filled you have and submitted.Yes you have to make some deposit of your fees to guarantee your place and receive your CAS which is needed in applying for the visa.My CAS was issued same day the university confirmed payment,but i think it varies,but should be maximum 5 days,i paid my full fees,and i know lots of people here who also did,it all depends on you but either way ensure you have the remaining fees plus maintenance money in your bank account if you pay only the 4400 pounds deposit.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 9:04am On Nov 06, 2014
pato231:

When you applied you submitted your academic qualifications online right,they sure will have assessed you based on the qualification you filled you have and submitted.Yes you have to make some deposit of your fees to guarantee your place and receive your CAS which is needed in applying for the visa.My CAS was issued same day the university confirmed payment,but i think it varies,but should be maximum 5 days,i paid my full fees,and i know lots of people here who also did,it all depends on you but either way ensure you have the remaining fees plus maintenance money in your bank account if you pay only the 4400 pounds deposit.

Thanks Bro. Does making full payment count? Because logically I think it gives an upper hand, just ma view oh!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2014
ironbender101:

Thanks Bro. Does making full payment count? Because logically I think it gives an upper hand, just ma view oh!

You are welcome,i also think it shows a bit of seriousness on ones part to be a genuine student and follow thru on the course when in UK,i paid because of the 5% fee reduction on payment of complete fee and i had money in 2 accounts so it was safer i pay all with the other account and use the other to show maintenance money.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2014
ironbender101:

Making full payment to your school will allways look better when you apply for visa.
What V.O. and schools dislike is people only paying part tuition and turning up with no money to finish paying fees or accomodation.
This is why they look for people who have boosted their bank account but then loose the money before travelling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shellliver: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2014
Hi OP,

Please, I have an issue, I applied for UK Student visa some years back. The entry officer dined me and also kept back my original certificates i submitted along with the application (WASSCE, Birth Certificates amongst all).

I mailed them severally to return my certificates and have gotten no response.
Please if any other person has witnessed this and has been able to solve it, kindly contribute also.

Now, to my question: Is there a way I can retrieve my certificates, especially the WAEC certificate.

Awaiting your kind response(s).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 11:13am On Nov 06, 2014
shellliver:
Hi OP,

Please, I have an issue, I applied for UK Student visa some years back. The entry officer dined me and also[b] kept back my original certificates[/b] Is there a way I can retrieve my certificates, especially the WAEC certificate.
Awaiting your kind response(s).

This looks like they have decided that your papers were fake, that is usually why they are not returned.
(Please don't argue on here as no one can change this now.)
You now need to get copies from the place that issued the certificates. (school Etc.)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by odehbrainard: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
@spikec sorry to disturb you,but I know you have an idea of a possible outcome for administrative review,since mine is on 20days with no response,is there a need for panic? And please when do they normally request passport for the visa,is it after or before the 28days elapses?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ottoloan(f): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
worry359:

This looks like they have decided that your papers were fake, that is usually why they are not returned.
You now need to get copies from the place that issued the certificates. (school Etc.)

Alternatively you can contact the exam body if you are very sure that the certificate is original...Ask for an authentication letter from them and send it to the Embassy.. It is not that easy to collect an original certificate twice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ottoloan(f): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
[quote author=ironbender101 post=27765045]@all, I applied for MSC management @ Salford Uni on Sunday 2nd November and they gave me a conditional admission on Tuesday 4th November. I'm a bit worried about how fast the process went and if they really accessed my application effectively. I was informed to pay 4400 British pounds to make my offer unconditional and to get ma CAS. Please is this really how long it takes? How long does it take for one to get CAS after payment? Is it advisable to pay the full tuition fee?. Thanks

you can get your conditional offer letter the same day you applied, after your document is assesed. However you can not get CAS untill you pay your tuition fee. CAS can be issued after three days of payment or more, but depending on the school you applied. Note: You can pay either the full tuition fees before traveling or part payment.. You will also be required to save up some money in your personal account to help you cover expenses during your course of study..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shellliver: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
worry359:

This is the original certificate from WAEC herself. Cant get a certificate twice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shellliver: 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
ottoloan:

Alternatively you can contact the exam body if you are very sure that the certificate is original...Ask for an authentication letter from them and send it to the Embassy.. It is not that easy to collect an orinal certificate twice.

Thanks, exactly the problem, collecting the certificate twice...

Will see how requesting a letter from WAEC will end.
And will try figuring what to do out

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
shellliver:

Thanks, exactly the problem, collecting the certificate twice...

Will see how requesting a letter from WAEC will end.
And will try figuring what to do out

Thanks

Do not take this sitting down,they assumed the certificates are all fake so you should do all to prove them wrong and get it back,you should have been more proactive and resilient.You should have had a lawyer to them requesting they return the certificates,they have no right to hold on to the certificate if they are all original,and if its fake they are obligated to hand them over to the police who will arrest and prosecute.Waec will never issue you another certificate,at best you can get a ctc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
odehbrainard:
@spikec sorry to disturb you,but I know you have an idea of a possible outcome for administrative review,since mine is on 20days with no response,is there a need for panic? And please when do they normally request passport for the visa,is it after or before the 28days elapses?

I am not really sure as i have never went for a review
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by primerose: 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hello house, is it possible to visit ghana and process my tourist visa as a Nigerian. Bcus the visa process in ghana is very easy unlike Nigeria. Pls can smome answer me. Thnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shellliver: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
pato231:

Do not take this sitting down,they assumed the certificates are all fake so you should do all to prove them wrong and get it back,you should have been more proactive and resilient.You should have had a lawyer to them requesting they return the certificates,they have no right to hold on to the certificate if they are all original,and if its fake they are obligated to hand them over to the police who will arrest and prosecute.Waec will never issue you another certificate,at best you can get a ctc.

Thanks, I will get some legal advice. And get to them asap.

Thanks for the support so far. Will try keep the thread updated on this.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
@all, I'm very grateful for all yours answers. I feel more confident and guided. Please I have another question. My school fees and maintenance fees are in one account and I have started counting from 3rd of November so as to meet up with the 28days rule. I want to pay ma tuition fees in full from the same amount. Is this ok? Also I have some money fixed in another bank which is a little bit above ma maintenance money and tuition fee and it is fixed in my name for sometime now tho it dropped and I re-fixed it on the 3rd of November too. Is it wise to add all these funds while applying for a visa? Is the money not so big for a student (tho I have my own registered business and family business). Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ottoloan(f): 11:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
ironbender101:
@all, I'm very grateful for all yours answers. I feel more confident and guided. Please I have another question. My school fees and maintenance fees are in one account and I have started counting from 3rd of November so as to meet up with the 28days rule. I want to pay ma tuition fees in full from the same amount. Is this ok? Also I have some money fixed in another bank which is a little bit above ma maintenance money and tuition fee and it is fixed in my name for sometime now tho it dropped and I re-fixed it on the 3rd of November too. Is it wise to add all these funds while applying for a visa? Is the money not so big for a student (tho I have my own registered business and family business). Thanks

If you have paid your tuition fees from the money in your personal account make sure that the balance in your account is enough to cover your maintenance fund.. You can also join two accounts if the two can make up to the maintenance fund required.... There is nothing wrong if your account balance is very much higher than what is required...in fact its an advantage for you. You can also attach other documents to prove that you own your personal business, that will explain the reason for your account balance..... If you are still not convinced please seek professional advices.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:40am On Nov 07, 2014
ironbender101:

You don't have any problem at all, one account is more than enough as long as it contains all the money needed.....fees and maintenance money.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ottoloan(f): 8:58am On Nov 07, 2014
DSSHQ:

U need to show evidence of 9 months maintenance fund.... ill teach you how to calculate it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
@justwise,spikesC
I have well above the maintenance fee in my account,do I still need to include the Oanda printout?also I only have to make photocopy of documents I want the original back?
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.