Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866464 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 9:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
Adiahabasi: I sent an email to first bank asking for the max amount that can be withdrawn in d UK with their master card,the reply was surprising
"Thank you for contacting FirstContact.We refer to your mail.Please be informed there is no daily withdrawal limit. However, there is an annual limit of $20,000 and its equivalent in other currencies".
That means we can withdraw as much as we want especially if one is planning to open an account with a UK bank..........sorry for d diversion from visa issues grin
That is not true...You cannot withdraw more than 1000GBP per day with a debit Mastercard.I have tried this with a Firstbank Mastercard less than 48hrs ago,call first contact and confirm,I did before I left Nigeria,Do not mislead people.If its for account opening purposes,simply do an internet Transfer,The limit for that is 5500GBP per day.By the way,are you planning to go into money laundering/trafficking,or why this interest in cash limits?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
Atlantis85:

I use a GTB Naira Mastercard as well.No chargeg over the normal 1k. The 1k is the equivalent of the 100 naira charged back home for using 'other atms'.

No cap on cash back. its just what it is. Pay for your purchase normally and they may even ask u if u want a cash back, people do it all the time. so its just gonna be like you're paying, say 30 pounds for sumn worth 15 pounds but you'll get 15pounds back in change. simple. I did cash back in Nigeria once as well. No hassle, no cost.

One other advantage of using your ATM card to pay is you most often get Oanda conversion rate or slightly higher which is better than the Naijja black market price which is just swell.
Thanks guy, I sabi wetin "cash back" be, just never thought of using that avenue to "make withdrawals". Yh, I see whenever I make purchases with my card that they usually deduct much less than the going "black market" exchange rates, but I think the banks here use the same rates as well when you check your balance using the ATM.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
Atlantis85:

oops i was thinking more about cash back just for petty change not using cash back as a back door bureau de change.lol

grin... peeps trying to bypass/reduce the excessive bank charges that come with transferring funds from ur Naija a/c to ur UK acctount
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Manutd19: 6:22am On Oct 04, 2012
pearls777:

It depends on the school you choose. Some will request ielts from you, some might be ok with your waec result or first degree if you have one and others may decide to interview you to assess your language skills amongst other things. It could be a combination of all or either one of these.

In short, find out from the school how they want to assess you.

ok thanks. Pls do the embassy here give a student visitor visa? Or what kind of visa do they give someone going for a short course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoeja(f): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
hello house, please i applied with my statement of result and my transcript is not yet ready. i explained to the school and they agreed i come with it for registration. i hope i can still use my statement of result in applying for the visa because even my certificate is not available, jus the statement of result
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Adiahabasi: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2012
penfold:
That is not true...You cannot withdraw more than 1000GBP per day with a debit Mastercard.I have tried this with a Firstbank Mastercard less than 48hrs ago,call first contact and confirm,I did before I left Nigeria,Do not mislead people.If its for account opening purposes,simply do an internet Transfer,The limit for that is 5500GBP per day.By the way,are you planning to go into money laundering/trafficking,or why this interest in cash limits?
@ Penfold
You are free to make your comments but pls and please don't insult me. I said i wanted to know d cash limit cos each time i withdraw from an atm I'm charged,so whats wt d money laundering?? I quoted d reply I got from 1st contact. Mr ITK so u think u know better than d FBN staff that replied me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by uulove(f): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Hello every1,got my entry clearance today.thanks to justwise,donxavier,honey85 and others .goodluck to everyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
ochuko eja: hello house, please i applied with my statement of result and my transcript is not yet ready. i explained to the school and they agreed i come with it for registration. i hope i can still use my statement of result in applying for the visa because even my certificate is not available, jus the statement of result

The documents you be asked to submit for visa application will be listed in your CAS, wait until you get your CAS first
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoeja(f): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
alright thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
uulove: Hello every1,got my entry clearance today.thanks to justwise,donxavier,honey85 and others .goodluck to everyone.
Congratulations. I am happy for you. At least now that you've got yours I believe before the end of nextweek or even tomorrow I can get mine. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
uulove: Hello every1,got my entry clearance today.thanks to justwise,donxavier,honey85 and others .goodluck to everyone.

Congrat!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2012

Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
@Adiahabasi
Surprisingly, some of those Customer care guys (First Bank inclusive) mislead people with their wrong info atimes.

@Uulove
Congratulations. Have a safe trip.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whummey: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
My piple, this oyibo people Sabi confuse pple o! I logged back to my CAS system and I found this: CAS no.:xxxxxxxxx, status: used, submitted: 24th September 2012. Abeg, what does the 'submitted' part mean?( I submitted my application before the 24th at VFS).

PS: na nite school I go. Tank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
finally back from lagos and I got my visa! I'm very grateful to God! and also those of you who answered my questions, God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
NariJJ: finally back from lagos and I got my visa! I'm very grateful to God! and also those of you who answered my questions, God bless

cheesy congrats!!! Told you you had nothing to worry about. Safe trip.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
Oyibopepper: My piple, this oyibo people Sabi confuse pple o! I logged back to my CAS system and I found this: CAS no.:xxxxxxxxx, status: used, submitted: 24th September 2012. Abeg, what does the 'submitted' part mean?( I submitted my application before the 24th at VFS).

PS: na nite school I go. Tank u

I'm just speculating but I think its similar to the way I got an email notifying me that my application was with the BHC and that my CAS had now been "used". It's probably the day someone at the BHC entered your CAS number unto their system.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 10:58pm On Oct 04, 2012
NariJJ: finally back from lagos and I got my visa! I'm very grateful to God! and also those of you who answered my questions, God bless

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
pearls777:

I'm just speculating but I think its similar to the way I got an email notifying me that my application was with the BHC and that my CAS had now been "used". It's probably the day someone at the BHC entered your CAS number unto their system.

I think so too. Thank u.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
Pearl777', donlexs, You guys are next!!!!!!!!! Start preparing your thanksgiving speech.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
@oyibopepper, we are next! wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 1:41am On Oct 05, 2012
Oyibopepper: Pearl777', donlexs, You guys are next!!!!!!!!! Start preparing your thanksgiving speech.
Yes oo. Amen. God be with us. Congrats everyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by premp: 10:30am On Oct 05, 2012
Hello, i sent my application for student visa extension Tier 4 on 25th September, 2012. They have taken the money from my bank account, QUESTION: how long will it take for this whole process and ultimately my VISA to arrive? I am also troubled as now i don't have a job from 10th October, and i have no visa because its sent away for extension. Would love to know suggestions about getting part-time job or anything thats possible without VISA at least until it arrives. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2012
premp: Hello, i sent my application for student visa extension Tier 4 on 25th September, 2012. They have taken the money from my bank account, QUESTION: how long will it take for this whole process and ultimately my VISA to arrive? I am also troubled as now i don't have a job from 10th October, and i have no visa because its sent away for extension. Would love to know suggestions about getting part-time job or anything thats possible without VISA at least until it arrives. Thanks.

Did they send you an acknowledgement letter? After the acknowledge letter they will send you another letter after 3wks or up to a month for biometric, you will be given the option to do your biometric either in post office or at the immigration center in croydon (if you live close to London) or any other immigration office close to you.

After the biometric it takes upto 5months or less before you hear from them again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2012
@oyibopepper and @pearls777 thank you smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
Is it true international students must buy a return ticket for the day their course is to end when going to the UK for the first time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by premp: 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
justwise:

Did they send you an acknowledgement letter? After the acknowledge letter they will send you another letter after 3wks or up to a month for biometric, you will be given the option to do your biometric either in post office or at the immigration center in croydon (if you live close to London) or any other immigration office close to you.

After the biometric it takes upto 5months or less before you hear from them again.

Thanks for the info. That will be too much time, there has to be a way to find a job without passport and visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
premp:

Thanks for the info. That will be too much time, there has to be a way to find a job without passport and visa.

Some agency will accept the letter of acknowledgement from HomeOffice, school ID, a letter from your school, if you have a photocopy of your passport then take it as well.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
NariJJ: Is it true international students must buy a return ticket for the day their course is to end when going to the UK for the first time?

I have never heard of such a rule.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ok, I dnt bliv it, but I heard so I'm asking, is it true?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
NariJJ, I don't think so. The tier 4 visa allows you to stay in the uk for up to 3 months after ur course end date so why would they mandate u to buy a return ticket for the day ur course ends. Maybe the info u heard is for another type of visa or study duration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.