Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865893 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
donlexs: Was just wondering if it will be a good idea calling the BHC before the 15 working days elapse? Thanks.

I dont think there would be any harm in trying. Worst is they tell u they are still working on it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2012
Oyibopepper:

I dont think there would be any harm in trying. Worst is they tell u they are still working on it.
Thanks very much. I will call them on Monday to know how far with my application. Thanks very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hi, I submitted my application for a UK tier 4 student visa at the vfs center in Lagos on the 10th of September. It usually takes 15 working days for the application to be processed. I have been tracking mine online and the status for thirteen working days was "your visa application dispatched to the british deputy high commission for processing" but on the 14th day the status became ''your visa application has been forwarded to the british high commission'' which is in Abuja. Does this mean that the descion is to be made in Abuja? And if so do you think my visa would be ready within the next 1 or 2 days for collection? my course also started on the 24th of September and today is 29th. please I'll like to see your replies, thank you. Also has anyone else experienced this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
NariJJ: Hi, I submitted my application for a UK tier 4 student visa at the vfs center in Lagos on the 10th of September. It usually takes 15 working days for the application to be processed. I have been tracking mine online and the status for thirteen working days was "your visa application dispatched to the british deputy high commission for processing" but on the 14th day the status became ''your visa application has been forwarded to the british high commission'' which is in Abuja. Does this mean that the descion is to be made in Abuja? And if so do you think my visa would be ready within the next 1 or 2 days for collection? my course also started on the 24th of September and today is 29th. please I'll like to see your replies, thank you. Also has anyone else experienced this?
My situation is quite similar to yours. I submitted however on the 12th and on the 14th got a text saying my application has been forwarded to the British Deputy High Commission. However when I checked the tracking platform,it said its been dispatched to the British High Commission. When I posted a question about this two different messages I was told my a reliable source that that is the normal message they send. So I was rest assured. Just my own opinion on your issue,I think its a problem with their system and the new message was supposed to be updated earlier. I believe you should call and check with the BHC on Monday to know the progress on you application. Hope I helped.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
OK, I'm very grateful for the info, but would I be able to call them on monday since it's independence day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2012
NariJJ: OK, I'm very grateful for the info, but would I be able to call them on monday since it's independence day?

It's a public holiday so I don't think you'll be able to
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
@pearls777's thanks smiley, did you make your visa application in Lagos and if so, what does the current status say when you track it online? does it say "your application has been dispatched to the british deputy high commission for processing'', pls let me know asap, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 2:06am On Sep 30, 2012
NariJJ: @pearls777's thanks smiley, did you make your visa application in Lagos and if so, what does the current status say when you track it online? does it say "your application has been dispatched to the british deputy high commission for processing'', pls let me know asap, thank you.

Yes, I applied at ikeja. Got a text saying "dispatched to deputy high commission" but when I track online says my application has been forwarded to british high commission so I think its vfs's system. Nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whummey: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2012
My visa was refused because I forgot to include my statement of result in my application and it was mentioned on my CAS. Pls what can I do now. Do I reapply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 30, 2012
whummey: My visa was refused because I forgot to include my statement of result in my application and it was mentioned on my CAS. Pls what can I do now. Do I reapply?

Yes, Reapply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by narioo: 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hi, I applied for a UK student visa recently and when I tracked it online last week, the status was ''your application has been dispatched to the british deputy commission for processing''. Please does anyone else have this as their status because what most people say they see is ''you application has been forwarded to the british high commission''. Please let me know ASAP, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whummey: 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
Donxavier:

Yes, Reapply.
I'll do dat on tuesday but the challenge is I av a limited time frame. My extension ends on the 8th of october.....pls I need help on ow to fast track my reapplication.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
narioo: Hi, I applied for a UK student visa recently and when I tracked it online last week, the status was ''your application has been dispatched to the british deputy commission for processing''. Please does anyone else have this as their status because what most people say they see is ''you application has been forwarded to the british high commission''. Please let me know ASAP, thank you.

It's no cause for worry. Either way it is being processed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
whummey:
I'll do dat on tuesday but the challenge is I av a limited time frame. My extension ends on the 8th of october.....pls I need help on ow to fast track my reapplication.

Can you differ till January? If you can, that's your best bet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
yh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 12:30am On Oct 01, 2012
NariJJ: I'm a sponsored student by rssda, is there any other sponsored student still waiting for his/her UK student visa? I applied on the 10th, never expected it to take this long and my school even resumed on the 24th and lectures start 2moro

Narijj, I expect your documents should be ready for collection this week so try not to fret. Besides like it has been mentioned, most schools understand that there will be delays due to visa processing so there's usually some allowance made for this. Just make sure to inform your school so that they know what's going on.

I know it's hard not to worry but if you've claimed your 40 points and filled your form correctly, you'll be just fine. wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whummey: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2012
Donxavier:

Can you differ till January? If you can, that's your best bet
Thanx soo much for ur concern, bt I can't defer till january....pls I just need ur prayers and I knw God will do it.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gokeke(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2012
Donxavier: @gokeke

Going through an agent is an entirely personal decision,That's your call sir. The reason for this thread is so we don't have to go through agents,INFACT that's the sole purpose of this thread. To self educate us on all UK student Visa issues.

I would suggest you do it yourself if that is possible.
so hw do i start?hw do i apply?..tnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2012
whummey:
Thanx soo much for ur concern, bt I can't defer till january....pls I just need ur prayers and I knw God will do it.

Goodluck, so apply first thing Tuesday. And this time make sure all required documents are provided. You will need a lot of prayers.

I hope you know it takes minimum 3 weeks for the visa to be processed. That's why i said you will need a lot of prayers cause your extension ends on the 8th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 01, 2012
gokeke: so hw do i start?hw do i apply?..tnx

Start by going through the FAQ on the first page. Go through some pages, state your situation and then we can take it from there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2012
whummey:

Hey whummey. Sorry to hear your application was not successful. Good thing is now you know where you went wrong and can rectify it.

I see that you'll like to re-apply again on monday. Pls keep in mind that you'll have to get a new CAS which will take at least 24hrs to get because your school will have to apply for a new one on your behalf. You should also take into consideration that most of visa processing time is your application waiting to be attended to by an ECO and this depends on how much workload/volume of applications they have to sort through.

Whatever you eventually decide to do, I hope it works out well for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 11:44am On Oct 01, 2012
I think there's a lot of care on this forum and that's great. It has become like my family. Keep it up.
Whummey dear, sorry bout the refusal. Its just a small setback. So I too think u should reapply, pray but believe that its going to work out how God wants it to. Hand everything over to HIM. I also think u should really talk with your school, there might be smthing they could do from their end, u never know. Pls don't worry.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whummey: 11:49am On Oct 01, 2012
Oyibopepper: I think there's a lot of care on this forum and that's great. It has become like my family. Keep it up.
Whummey dear, sorry bout the refusal. Its just a small setback. So I too think u should reapply, pray but believe that its going to work out how God wants it to. Hand everything over to HIM. I also think u should really talk with your school, there might be smthing they could do from their end, u never know. Pls don't worry.
Thanx soo much, I'll do just dat.I pray they give me a good reply.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whummey: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2012
pearls777:

Hey whummey. Sorry to hear your application was not successful. Good thing is now you know where you went wrong and can rectify it.

I see that you'll like to re-apply again on monday. Pls keep in mind that you'll have to get a new CAS which will take at least 24hrs to get because your school will have to apply for a new one on your behalf. You should also take into consideration that most of visa processing time is your application waiting to be attended to by an ECO and this depends on how much workload/volume of applications they have to sort through.

Whatever you eventually decide to do, I hope it works out well for you.

Thanx, I've done all that, I have a new CAS already so I'm submitting a new application tomorrow. I pray it works out well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
To be honest the wait is killing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gokeke(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
Donxavier:

Start by going through the FAQ on the first page. Go through some pages, state your situation and then we can take it from there.
i have gone thru d FAQs.i av a Diploma in banking which i wrk wit. i want to go 4 Bus admin or Finance in Uni like Sunderland Uni.can i apply directly 2 d Uni online and wat are d usual requirements 4 such applications?tnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
gokeke: i have gone thru d FAQs.i av a Diploma in banking which i wrk wit. i want to go 4 Bus admin or Finance in Uni like Sunderland Uni.can i apply directly 2 d Uni online and wat are d usual requirements 4 such applications?tnx

The school website will list the course requirements for any course you want to apply for, read the course requirements then you will know whether you meet the requirement or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
holladapooo: To be honest the wait is killing.

Don't worry u will hear smthing tmr or atmost wednesday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
Oyibopepper:

Don't worry u will hear smthing tmr or atmost wednesday.
I believe so too...thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 9:05am On Oct 02, 2012
holladapooo: To be honest the wait is killing.

I sincerely pray you get your visa soon. Its taking so long, its probably cos of the backlog of applications, nothing else. so long as you had your 40 points, all should be well... keep calm and prepare for school wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2012
Atlantis85:

I sincerely pray you get your visa soon. Its taking so long, its probably cos of the backlog of applications, nothing else. so long as you had your 40 points, all should be well... keep calm and prepare for school wink

Backlog! OMG. One would think the peak/rush period for tier 4 visas was over and they would have finished with most applications by now, meaning no backlog. They really should start considering making their ECOs do overtime!!! They can pay them from the 78K we all paid. Its a lot of money!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.