Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865889 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
holladapooo: All my docs was perfect but I was refused under d excuse that they were unable to verify my waec certificate, cos waec didn't respond to dem. My latest start date is oct 15th, am thinking of getting a sealed confirmation from waec addressed to d embassy& then re-apply.but Am considering Time factor. Any 1 with any suggestion.

Call your school on phone and speak to them (dont do email). You might get further extension in writing, then go ahead an apply again with your extenstion letter and sealed confirmation from WAEC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
kunlewoye:
O thou brainy Penfold! Never thought of this mehn. My next move grin Clarification on the bold part needed, though. Thanks!!
Laffs...What I mean is that some Banks,back in Nigeria,charge their customers for the issuance of a Mastercard on their account,First Bank for example normally issues a Verve card free of charge,but if you request for a Mastercard I think they charge a fee of 2K NGN annually.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:05am On Oct 03, 2012
penfold:
Laffs...What I mean is that some Banks,back in Nigeria,charge their customers for the issuance of a Mastercard on their account,First Bank for example normally issues a Verve card free of charge,but if you request for a Mastercard I think they charge a fee of 2K NGN annually.
I use my GTB Naira Mastercard here and thought they charged fees over the normal 1k from your previous post. Do you know if there's cap on the "cash back" thingy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 9:12am On Oct 03, 2012
Hey guys, I called the British High Comission yesterday concerning my visa application and they say it's at the final stage of processing, does anyone know what happens at the final stage? They also said I should check the application center tomorrow to collect my documents but I haven't gotten any text directly from vfs center but I'm expecting it today, so do you think it is advisable for me to travel tomorrow morning to lagos if I don't get the text today? Also, as at yesterday, I emailed vfs and they said my application is undergoing verification at the visa section. what does that mean? Please let me know what you think about this and what I should do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2012
kunlewoye:
I use my GTB Naira Mastercard here and thought they charged fees over the normal 1k from your previous post. Do you know if there's cap on the "cash back" thingy?

I use a GTB Naira Mastercard as well.No chargeg over the normal 1k. The 1k is the equivalent of the 100 naira charged back home for using 'other atms'.

No cap on cash back. its just what it is. Pay for your purchase normally and they may even ask u if u want a cash back, people do it all the time. so its just gonna be like you're paying, say 30 pounds for sumn worth 15 pounds but you'll get 15pounds back in change. simple. I did cash back in Nigeria once as well. No hassle, no cost.

One other advantage of using your ATM card to pay is you most often get Oanda conversion rate or slightly higher which is better than the Naijja black market price which is just swell.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 9:26am On Oct 03, 2012
NariJJ: Hey guys, I called the British High Comission yesterday concerning my visa application and they say it's at the final stage of processing, does anyone know what happens at the final stage? They also said I should check the application center tomorrow to collect my documents but I haven't gotten any text directly from vfs center but I'm expecting it today, so do you think it is advisable for me to travel tomorrow morning to lagos if I don't get the text today? Also, as at yesterday, I emailed vfs and they said my application is undergoing verification at the visa section. what does that mean? Please let me know what you think about this and what I should do.

If they say its at the final stage, then take their word for it. Also, you could try tracking online as the online status gets updated first before the sms, at least that's how it was in my case. My status changed same day i got an email from vfs saying my application was undergoing verification, so try track and be ready to go to lagos. All the best smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 9:30am On Oct 03, 2012
@Atlantis85 I hope so o! Thank you very much for the reply smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2012
kunlewoye:

There will be a cap on cash back, i doubt if you will be given above ATM limit which is between £250-£300
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Atlantis85(f): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2012
justwise: [/b]

There will be a cap on cash back, i doubt if you will be given above ATM limit which is between £250-£300

oops i was thinking more about cash back just for petty change not using cash back as a back door bureau de change.lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 10:17am On Oct 03, 2012
holladapooo: All my docs was perfect but I was refused under d excuse that they were unable to verify my waec certificate, cos waec didn't respond to dem. My latest start date is oct 15th, am thinking of getting a sealed confirmation from waec addressed to d embassy& then re-apply.but Am considering Time factor. Any 1 with any suggestion.

I was very curious yday after reading ur post (curiousity being only one of the many emotions I felt, anger included). How could WAEC not have responded to them? Was ur WAEC cert not the original copy? Sounded flimsy to me. Anyhow, I think ur plan is a good one, especially talking to ur school, starting with the regional officer in Nigeria. A friend said they can be very helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 03, 2012
............ smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 11:03am On Oct 03, 2012
Please who knows what the BHC means by 'turn around point'? I called them yesterday and the gentleman I spoke to said my application is still being processed and that before the end of the week I'll get it but when I called today because today makes it my 15 working days,a lady picked and told me that its still being processed. I asked when I should be expecting to get it since its 15 working days already and I even referenced the man I spoke to yesterday but she said its still being processed and that my application hasn't reached a turn around point. Can someone help me clarify what she meant? The wait is killing me and my extension is to the 8th of October. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2012
@Teebabie I applied on the 10th of September, today is the 16th working day...where did u apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2012
@donlexs It means they haven't reached a final decision yet on your application, it's still being processed, don't worry b4 the week runs out, ur documents should be ready for collection
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 03, 2012
smiley...........
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
@teebabie I applied in Lekki, they said I should go and collect my documents tomorrow but I'm still waiting for the text to confirm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
NariJJ: @donlexs It means they haven't reached a final decision yet on your application, it's still being processed, don't worry b4 the week runs out, ur documents should be ready for collection
Thanks so much for the clarification. I hope it comes through this week. God will do it for us all. Wish you the best as you go collect your documents tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
@holadapoo, I'm really sorry. I would have suggested an appeal since, like oyibopepper said, it seems to be a very flimsy excuse cos it's not your fault that waec didn't respond to their enquiries but I'm sure you're anxious to just get this all behind you and begin school asap. Just get in touch with school and I hope they give you a positive response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
NariJJ: @pearls777 what school are u going to?
Teesside.

Good luck with your collection tmrw.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Manutd19: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pls can someone with a good knowledge of this help me out. Do one need a IELTS to do a short course in U.K? Want to do a short fashion course in u.k......pls someone with the knowledge of this help me out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
Manutd19: Pls can someone with a good knowledge of this help me out. Do one need a IELTS to do a short course in U.K? Want to do a short fashion course in u.k......pls someone with the knowledge of this help me out

It depends on the school you choose. Some will request ielts from you, some might be ok with your waec result or first degree if you have one and others may decide to interview you to assess your language skills amongst other things. It could be a combination of all or either one of these.

In short, find out from the school how they want to assess you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
....... smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
teeebabie: Can someone help me wt the correct BHC phone nos.. Al dr mtn nos dt I av is switched.. Nt sure weda those r authentic
Waiting........
Tanx y'all.....

Hi. They only take calls between 10am-12pm according to their website. Perhaps try again tomorrow?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SirP1: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
i know this isn't related to the thread but pls who knows how long it takes to get a gtb master card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
teeebabie: Can someone help me wt the correct BHC phone nos.. Al dr mtn nos dt I av is switched.. Nt sure weda those r authentic
Waiting........
Tanx y'all.....
These are the numbers I have been able to reach them on,but like pearls777 said they only pick calls from 10am to 12noon so call them during that time frame tomorrow.
BHC: 08036591145 and 07034062883. Wish you all the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
pearls777: @holadapoo, I'm really sorry. I would have suggested an appeal since, like oyibopepper said, it seems to be a very flimsy excuse cos it's not your fault that waec didn't respond to their enquiries but I'm sure you're anxious to just get this all behind you and begin school asap. Just get in touch with school and I hope they give you a positive response.
My school said no extension, appeal will take time, my best bet was to defer(which I already did). Its not a do or die affair. God has a reason for everything. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
Sir P!:
i know this isn't related to the thread but pls who knows how long it takes to get a gtb master card

A week. In Lagos Head Office, could be same day (depending)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whummey: 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
donlexs: Please who knows what the BHC means by 'turn around point'? I called them yesterday and the gentleman I spoke to said my application is still being processed and that before the end of the week I'll get it but when I called today because today makes it my 15 working days,a lady picked and told me that its still being processed. I asked when I should be expecting to get it since its 15 working days already and I even referenced the man I spoke to yesterday but she said its still being processed and that my application hasn't reached a turn around point. Can someone help me clarify what she meant? The wait is killing me and my extension is to the 8th of October. Thanks.
Pls which number did u call....my extension too is to 8th of october
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
holladapooo:
My school said no extension, appeal will take time, my best bet was to defer(which I already did). Its not a do or die affair. God has a reason for everything. Thanks

I love your mindset. We will surely meet at the top smiley

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
whummey:
Pls which number did u call....my extension too is to 8th of october
I called this number today: 07034062883. But you can also call this: 08036591145. But you'll have to call between 10am and 12noon. I'll still call them tomorrow to get updates on my application. By the way,when and where did you apply please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Adiahabasi: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
I sent an email to first bank asking for the max amount that can be withdrawn in d UK with their master card,the reply was surprising
"Thank you for contacting FirstContact.We refer to your mail.Please be informed there is no daily withdrawal limit. However, there is an annual limit of $20,000 and its equivalent in other currencies".
That means we can withdraw as much as we want especially if one is planning to open an account with a UK bank..........sorry for d diversion from visa issues grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.