Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865905 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
Oyibopepper:

Backlog! OMG. One would think the peak/rush period for tier 4 visas was over and they would have finished with most applications by now, meaning no backlog. They really should start considering making their ECOs do overtime!!! They can pay them from the 78K we all paid. Its a lot of money!!!!
Ikr. The wait is really killing me and I expect the BHC to be fast considering how much we pay for applications. I called them this morning and they said my application is still being processed and before the week ends I'll get it so I am hopeful,as for you just chill coz you'll receive a reply today or tomorrow at worse. The holiday yesterday didn't help too. Let's not be too anxious,God will see us all through.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2012
undecided
Oyibopepper:

Backlog! OMG. One would think the peak/rush period for tier 4 visas was over and they would have finished with most applications by now, meaning no backlog. They really should start considering making their ECOs do overtime!!! They can pay them from the 78K we all paid. Its a lot of money!!!!

Honestly its like you just read my mind. I thought they'd be faster now as well... undecided

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Adiahabasi: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
Hi everyone,pls hw much is d maximum one can withdraw from an ATM in UK using a Nigerian Master card,first bank to be precise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
Oyibopepper:

I guess it has to do more with d volume of docs submitted or hw fast d ECO is, 2 of my friends applied a week after mine & already got their visas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
hello everyone, please someone just told me that u.k doesn't give visa for post graduate study again can someone shed more light on this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
pls who knows what happens at the final stage of a visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
walexicant: hello everyone, please someone just told me that u.k doesn't give visa for post graduate study again can someone shed more light on this

I don't understand your question.

The person probably told you they don't give Post Study Work Visas anymore. That's true.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2012
NariJJ: pls who knows what happens at the final stage of a visa application?

They take your biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2012
walexicant: hello everyone, please someone just told me that u.k doesn't give visa for post graduate study again can someone shed more light on this

I guess you mean post study work visa. They stopped giving them out earlier this year. But they still give visas for undergraduate and post-graduate study.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sorry, rather what I mean is what happens at the final stage of the visa processing? they said my application is at the final stage and I should check back at the visa application center to collect my documents on thursday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gokeke(m): 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
justwise:

The school website will list the course requirements for any course you want to apply for, read the course requirements then you will know whether you meet the requirement or not
pls where do i get list of approved schools that i can apply to, for an undergraduate course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
gokeke: pls where do i get list of approved schools that i can apply to, for an undergraduate course?

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=NariJJ]Sorry, rather what I mean is what happens at the final stage of the visa processing? they said my application is at the final stage and I should check back at the visa application center to collect my documents on thursday.[/quote

My guess would be that your documents are about to be sent back to Lagos. smiley

If you don't mind my asking, please when did your school notify you that your CAS had been used?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=pearls777][/quote]
Hello pearls777 the latter part of your post interests me. Does my school have to inform me that my CAS has been used? The question you asked is of interest to me also because I am still waiting for my Visa and didn't get notified by my school that my CAS has been used ooo. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
@pearls777 hi, do you mean issued or used? I got my CAS letter on 7th of September in an email from the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
My school sent me an email to inform me that my CAS has now been updated to "used" and according to them, means my application is currently being processed...I thought this was a normal thing?

I asked cos I wanted to use it to gauge how long before I get my application back from BHC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
I don't think it really matters if they tell you it's used or not, when and where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2012
In ikeja 2 weeks ago.

You're probably right, they might just have wanted to inform me that I can't use that CAS again.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
your welcome, your documents should also be ready before the end of next week for collection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
donlexs:
Hello pearls777 the latter part of your post interests me. Does my school have to inform me that my CAS has been used? The question you asked is of interest to me also because I am still waiting for my Visa and didn't get notified by my school that my CAS has been used ooo. Thanks.

I think its preference thing and if your school doesn't do that, no worries. My school probably wanted to be sure I used it or something of that nature. This London metropolitan business probably has a lot of schools spooked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
donlexs:

I think its a preference thing and if your school doesn't do that, no worries. My school probably wanted to be sure I used it or something of that nature. This London metropolitan business probably has a lot of schools spooked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NariJJ(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
@pearls777 what school are u going to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
NariJJ: your welcome, your documents should also be ready before the end of next week for collection.

I really hope so o! Thank you jare
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
Adiahabasi: Hi everyone,pls hw much is d maximum one can withdraw from an ATM in UK using a Nigerian Master card,first bank to be precise.

Ask your bank. You can also request they increase the withdrawal limit if necessary.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
Adiahabasi: Hi everyone,pls hw much is d maximum one can withdraw from an ATM in UK using a Nigerian Master card,first bank to be precise.
The maximum you can withdraw with a Mastercard in a day(first bank or others) is 1000GBP they'll charge you 4GBP for the withdrawal in addition to your standard ATM charges from your issuer, Now,my advice based on personal experience,instead of using a cash machine,just buy what you want in a store and pay with d mastercard,its easy and there are no charges,if you need cash,simply ask them for 'cash back' they will give you the cash you need and add it to your purchases and debit you for the total amount.No charges,fast easy and convenient.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kayslimshady(m): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
God did it for me, I got it today!!! This forum has been wonderfl. A vry big thnk you to evry1. And for those still waiting, holdon he will surly do it for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
kayslimshady: God did it for me, I got it today!!! This forum has been wonderfl. A vry big thnk you to evry1. And for those still waiting, holdon he will surly do it for you.

Congrats friend, and AMEN!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
donlexs:
Ikr. The wait is really killing me and I expect the BHC to be fast considering how much we pay for applications. I called them this morning and they said my application is still being processed and before the week ends I'll get it so I am hopeful,as for you just chill coz you'll receive a reply today or tomorrow at worse. The holiday yesterday didn't help too. Let's not be too anxious,God will see us all through.

U are right. We all shld hear smthing within this week. And on time for everyone too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
holladapooo:
I guess it has to do more with d volume of docs submitted or hw fast d ECO is, 2 of my friends applied a week after mine & already got their visas.

U mean the more docs u submit, the longer it takes the ECO to process ur application? Is that the longest step? I was thinking it was the time taken to sort, organise and present it to the ECO. Anyway,whatever, my prayer remains that GOD shld give them supernatural SPEED with our applications, even they won't know what hit them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2012
kayslimshady: God did it for me, I got it today!!! This forum has been wonderfl. A vry big thnk you to evry1. And for those still waiting, holdon he will surly do it for you.

Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
penfold:
The maximum you can withdraw with a Mastercard in a day(first bank or others) is 1000GBP they'll charge you 4GBP for the withdrawal in addition to your standard ATM charges from your issuer, Now,my advice based on personal experience,instead of using a cash machine,just buy what you want in a store and pay with d mastercard,its easy and there are no charges,if you need cash,simply ask them for 'cash back' they will give you the cash you need and add it to your purchases and debit you for the total amount.No charges,fast easy and convenient.
O thou brainy Penfold! Never thought of this mehn. My next move grin Clarification on the bold part needed, though. Thanks!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
All my docs was perfect but I was refused under d excuse that they were unable to verify my waec certificate, cos waec didn't respond to dem. My latest start date is oct 15th, am thinking of getting a sealed confirmation from waec addressed to d embassy& then re-apply.but Am considering Time factor. Any 1 with any suggestion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.