Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (87665 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2012
BlueDiva:

Which oldies?
Only Drog and Lamps are the certified oldies not giving a 100%
Terry and Ivanovic are still kicking. The rest 'oldies' no longer start.

the 2 players u mention are part of the spine of the team.
to keep a balanced team, the spine has to be top-drawer.

chelsea's spine since 2004 has been cech - terry - makele - lampard - drogba.
after 7 yrs, only makelele has been absent. that spine needs to be refurbished.

this is where luiz - ramirez - mata - torres must come in.
terry is still a bloody good defender but his pace is no longer reliable. lampard is uber-useless.
drogba is hit-n-miss at best. . . . .and then you play mata as a wing forward.

it's like playing xavi as a winger!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2012
Having Gotze and mata in the middle will just make us an easy target for strong teams. Without an essien or ramires like player in there, no one to make tackles. Mata will just let the opposition run away with it. An essien or ramires will stick in there.  A strong midfield doesn't just require a good DM like Romeu
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2012
nateevs:

Mario and Mata play in CM.

I'm beginning to need glasses.
Didn't see Mario's name before. My bad.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2012
coogar:

the 2 players u mention are part of the spine of the team.
to keep a balanced team, the spine has to be top-drawer.

chelsea's spine since 2004 has been cech - terry - makele - lampard - drogba.
after 7 yrs, only makelele has been absent. that spine needs to be refurbished.

this is where luiz - ramirez - mata - torres must come in
terry is still a bloody good defender but his pace is no longer reliable. lampard is uber-useless.
drogba is hit-n-miss at best. . . . .and then you play mata as a wing forward.

it's like playing xavi as a winger!

Spine? When they are not even guaranteed starters?
You guys just need a scape goat.

Ain't they in already?
Torres will get 4 full games during the ANC. We shall see.

Agree with you that playing Mata wide is a waste.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2012
lalaboi:

Having Gotze and mata in the middle will just make us an easy target for strong teams. Without an essien or ramires like player in there, no one to make tackles. Mata will just let the opposition run away with it. An essien or ramires will stick in there.  A strong midfield doesn't just require a good DM like Romeu

Why do you think Gat2Win FC is bottom of Fantasy League? Nateevs is a well-known fantasist. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2012
lalaboi:

Lot's of sense here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
BlueDiva:

Spine? When they are not even guaranteed starters?
You guys just need a scape goat.

Agree with you that playing Mata wide is a waste.

i am sure the oldies have copped more minutes than the newbies this season.
do you need evidence?

villas-boas needs a settled team to start with first.
he should stop the hit-n-miss lottery he does. he has to choose one out of getting instant success or building for the future.
villas-boas should study fergie's transition in 04/05 and 05/06 when ronaldo/rooney were raw and many thought they wouldn't cut the mustard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2012
coogar:

i am sure the oldies have copped more minutes than the newbies this season.
do you need evidence?

villas-boas needs a settled team to start with first.
he should stop the hit-n-miss lottery he does. he has to choose one out of getting instant success or building for the future.

villas-boas should study fergie's transition in 04/05 and 05/06 when ronaldo/rooney were raw and many thought they wouldn't cut the mustard.

I like your objectivity.
Some of us here wouldn't admit to this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2012
lalaboi:

Come on man! I didn't say you have to play like that every game.
I am talking about the potential of lining up like that.

Against a stronger side, you vary your line-up. That's basic stuff.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2012
nateevs:

Come on man! I didn't say you have to play like that every game.
I am talking about the potential of lining up like that.

Against a stronger side, you vary your line-up
. That's basic stuff.

What we need is your strongest possible line up.
Who cares who we field against Bolton or Swansea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
BlueDiva:

What we need is your strongest possible line up.
Who cares who we field against Bolton or Swansea.

Your strongest line-up may not apply to every team.
What is strongest line-up when you line up to score 5 goals and concede 6.

In another game you may line up same way, score 6 and concede none.
Strongest line-up could be heavily dependent on the opponent.

Having a good squad of players is the primary goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 01, 2012
nateevs:

Your strongest line-up may not apply to every team.
What is strongest line-up when you line up to score 5 goals and concede 6.

In another game you may line up same way, score 6 and concede none.
Strongest line-up could be heavily dependent on the opponent.

Having a good squad of players is the primary goal.

Get your point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 2:10am On Jan 02, 2012
Coupla comments on DailyMail website which make me laugh:

AVB is not of managerial class, at least at this level, Seems incapable of working with the squad. It has alienated the players. Please go back and look at Anelka preseason and first 5 matches. Look at Malouda's body of work when utilized appropriately. Also let us sit out a twenty goal scorer, Lampard, who playing parttime has managed to find the back of the net SEVEN times. On your bike you piker.

- Don Davis, High River Canada, 02/1/2012 00:19

The 16 goals they have shipped at home is already more than they conceded during an entire season for 10 years. They have managed only one clean clean sheet at Stamford Bridge in the league.

More importantly, they have lost three times in front of their own fans already, having been beaten on only five occasions at home during the previous seven seasons.

The defense is absolutely a joke ,i seen David Luiz in the 70 min very very tired his no way fit to be on the first 11. ROMAN dont waste your money on buying more players for this manager ,because his not a premier league manager and is not the players fault for this situation is the manager hi has no plan B another Phil Scolari every one going forward and nobody defending ,the way he treated Alex and Anelka is disgrace an insult to our club and i hope that he gets the boot before the end of the transfer window and bring Guus Hiddink please.SAVE OUR YEAR .WE ARE CHELSEA NOT PORTO. Until his gone i will support the reserves,academy and the girls ,

- val8, waterford, 01/1/2012 18:26

When you sell or loan Lampard that will be what breaks Chelsea your perfomance this season is almost as bearable as Calos ! To young to inexperinced, to gready and a club with all the money in the world and dosent look after its players !

- Gary , Devon, 01/1/2012 16:42

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 2:44am On Jan 02, 2012
In Ibime's eyes, these faceless posters are heroes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 2:47am On Jan 02, 2012
Chelsea players hold seperate Christmas party for Anelka after Anelka was banned from Chelsea christmas party. Alex is back in Brazil.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 2:59am On Jan 02, 2012
Ibime:

Coupla comments on DailyMail website which make me laugh:

AVB is not of managerial class, at least at this level, Seems incapable of working with the squad. It has alienated the players. Please go back and look at Anelka preseason and first 5 matches. Look at Malouda's body of work when utilized appropriately. Also let us sit out a twenty goal scorer, Lampard, who playing parttime has managed to find the back of the net SEVEN times. On your bike you piker.

- Don Davis, High River Canada, 02/1/2012 00:19

The 16 goals they have shipped at home is already more than they conceded during an entire season for 10 years. They have managed only one clean clean sheet at Stamford Bridge in the league.

More importantly, they have lost three times in front of their own fans already, having been beaten on only five occasions at home during the previous seven seasons.

The defense is absolutely a joke ,i seen David Luiz in the 70 min very very tired his no way fit to be on the first 11. ROMAN dont waste your money on buying more players for this manager ,because his not a premier league manager and is not the players fault for this situation is the manager hi has no plan B another Phil Scolari every one going forward and nobody defending ,the way he treated Alex and Anelka is disgrace an insult to our club and i hope that he gets the boot before the end of the transfer window and bring Guus Hiddink please.SAVE OUR YEAR .WE ARE CHELSEA NOT PORTO. Until his gone i will support the reserves,academy and the girls ,

- val8, waterford, 01/1/2012 18:26

When you sell or loan Lampard that will be what breaks Chelsea your perfomance this season is almost as bearable as Calos ! To young to inexperinced, to gready and a club with all the money in the world and dosent look after its players !

- Gary , Devon, 01/1/2012 16:42

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 02, 2012
nateevs:

In Ibime's eyes, these faceless posters are heroes.

Not heroes. Just ordinary passionate fans who don't want to see the team destroyed.
I enjoy reading comments from every fan worldwide, it shows we ain't reasoning in isolation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 11:03am On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

Not heroes. Just ordinary passionate fans who don't want to see the team destroyed.
I enjoy reading comments from every fan worldwide, it shows we ain't reasoning in isolation.

So you don't think the comments he posted were handpicked eh.
Do you how many contrary comments on there make more sense than these?

Let's leave out all the other contrary views and comments and completely avoid a balanced point of view.
Instead let's copy the comments that support our argument, celebrate them and call them 'the views of passionate fans'.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
nateevs:

So you don't think the comments he posted were handpicked eh.
Do you how many contrary comments on there make more sense than these?

Let's leave out all the other contrary views and comments and completely avoid a balanced point of view.
Instead let's copy the comments that support our argument, celebrate them and call them 'the views of passionate fans'.

I know they were handpicked but i'm pointing out that even some season ticket holders share our views.
Most times when people on NL complain, you guys call them glory hunters.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

I know they were handpicked but i'm pointing out that even some season ticket holders share our views.
Most times when people on NL complain, you guys call them glory hunters.

One of the dudes is from Canada for heaven's sake.
He has not any wiser opinions than many on NL.

What were his views when the club was £80m in debt and on the brink of oblivion?
Now they don't want the club destroyed.
Season ticket holders my arrse!

Do they know what it'll cost the club to fire AVB, hire another manager and then buy players again?
We've been trying to break even since 2007.

Do you guys think we hire and fire these managers from the club's purse?
What happens if Roman gets bored, walks away and sells the club to a Randy Lerner sort of fella who would rather buy Stephen Ireland than Mata and hire Alec McLeish than Ancellotti? Will you lot be talking about your "self-imposed Champions League qualification rights"? No I didn't think so.

Instead of us discussing about the way forward, and more seriously, about stability - which in Roman's reign is the only thing we haven't tried - we are here celebrating the views of those who want yet another manager out. Do you guys never get ashamed of this?

You guys think this is how the club gets destroyed. I think your hire and fire strategy, your insatiable desire of looking at things from the wrong end of the spectrum will eventually destroy the club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
I like stability but please get somebody who knows his onions.

You tinker with the team and expect delivery.
You lead 1nil and begin to withdraw your effective players? Even Steve Keane wouldn't do that.
You play high line when you have slow sluggish buyers.
You play certain players out of position and you expect the best from them?
You approve the exit of good players and leave the duds behind?

Somebody should mentor this dude.
I don't want him sacked, i love his drive but he is quite clueless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
I have the feeling that our players don't have much regards for AVB.
He should learn from SAF who knows how to handle his 'big boys'.

It is understood, however, that the England international had turned up for training feeling the effects of a night out with Darron Gibson and Jonny Evans and their partners.

Rooney and Gibson trained - Evans is injured - but Ferguson was so unimpressed with their efforts that he tore into the three players and told them to report to Carrington the following day for extra work while the rest of the United first-team squad had the day off.

The trio were fined a week's wages - and removed from contention for the Blackburn game.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081097/Wayne-Rooney-rapped-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-condition-night-out.html#ixzz1iJ6KIDPE
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
I like stability but please get somebody who knows his onions.

Like who? And please don't mention Hiddink. . . He isn't coming.

You tinker with the team and expect delivery.
You lead 1nil and begin to withdraw your effective players? Even Steve Keane wouldn't do that.
You play high line when you have slow sluggish buyers.
You play certain players out of position and you expect the best from them?
You approve the exit of good players and leave the duds behind?

Somebody should mentor this dude.
I don't want him sacked, i love his drive but he is quite clueless.

Yes he is so clueless. He tinkers, he is garbage, he needs a mentor. . .
Please! Need we be reminded this guy coached Porto to a treble winning season. . . "Unbeaten in the league"?
Given the same team, 90% of the managers in the PL will not complete that feat!

You don't achieve that by accident, regardless of the team and league!
However I trust that the naysayers will be out again claiming "It's only the Portuguese League"
I don't remember the Europa League being the Portuguese league as well.  

The same competition that has hosted the likes of Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City and Spurs yet these pretenders have not come close to the final.

Instead of you to sit and research what gave him the success in the "rookie league" and ask that he be given the opportunity to replicate those ideas, you are asking for those know their onions. Who exactly? You've hired and fired all available, who do you want now . . . Roy Hodgson?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
Wolves today. These guyz are so passionate when they play at home. I hope this turns out good.

They should wrap up the deal with cahill very soon. No point for it to drag on. If he still doesnt accept terms, add a couple of quid and get Jagielka instead! Players wanna take the piss just because is chelsea!. .

Or betterstill bring back Bruma from loan! We invested so much in that dude and to see not even getting a chance is sickening!.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
Our Bench is so so so weak!! . . who can change the game amongst these? Is Kalou and Malouda injured or sumtin?
Subs: Turnbull, Ferreira, Hutchinson, Bertrand, Chalobah, McEachran, Lukaku
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
lalaboi:

Wolves today. These guyz are so passionate when they play at home. I hope this turns out good.

They should wrap up the deal with cahill very soon. No point for it to drag on. If he still doesnt accept terms, add a couple of quid and get Jagielka instead! Players wanna take the piss just because is chelsea!. .

Or betterstill bring back Bruma from loan! We invested so much in that dude and to see not even getting a chance is sickening!.

That's the consequence of years of failed policy. Players want to go to United to win things. Heck even some want to go to Arsenal because of the love of the football they play even though they know they may not win things. . . None want to come to Chelsea, those who decide to come want a last day paycheck.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
lalaboi:

Our Bench is so so so weak!! . . who can change the game amongst these?  Is Kalou and Malouda injured or sumtin?
Subs: Turnbull, Ferreira, Hutchinson, Bertrand, Chalobah, McEachran, Lukaku

Salomon Kalou and Malouda are reportedly injured and ill respectively. Which leaves us with a very beautiful looking bench.
Team playing 2nd game in 48hrs. Tired legs and minds. Many may be firing blanks. . . who's going to come in and change things?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
Livefootballol.com
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
cheers
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2012
lalaboi:

cheers

Great! No Drogba no Sturridge.
Apparently, Ramires is playing on the right of a 4-3-3.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
Torres not doing too badly so far. He's set up two chances that could have been goals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (6 - 0) On 10th February 2019 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.