Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

She Missed My Proporsal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Missed My Proporsal (1130 Views)

''I Missed My Period'': Why Are Some Guys Surprised When They Hear That? / A Banker Said She Missed Me, Took Permision 4rm My Boss And Gave Me Her No. / I Missed My Best Friends Wedding because I Dnt Have A Job.is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Missed My Proporsal by sammieone(m): 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2011
how do we see this. i had plan to proporse marriage to my girlfriend (suprise) on my friends wedding day and despite all my effort to make sure she attends the wedding, she gave an excuse for not coming(what a mess). To me the excuse was not cogent enough, since then i have been thinking of what i can do. Should i call this a signal that we are not meant to be together or what?
i need candid opinions pls.[color=#006600]
[/color]
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2011
- what was the excuse?
- why didnt you propose to her the next time you saw her?
- why do you believe that it must be in a special place?
- dont you think proposing at someone's wedding is the WRONG place to propose? i dont know about you but it will feel that you just get "wedding blues" because of where you at.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2011
Why would you want to propose to her on your friend's wedding day, and right at the wedding too? A proposal's supposed to be a special moment between the two of you. Of the 365 days in a year, I'm sure you can pick another day, and location. You initially said it was a surprise, meaning she wasn't aware of what you were planning to do. Then you said she gave you an excuse for not coming. So could it be that she had an idea of what you were going to do and decided not to show up? That's the big question. If Yes, then you would have to find out her true reasons for not showing up and where you stand in the relationship. If No, then maybe her reason for not showing up was an honest one and you've nothing to be concerned about.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by bamosagie(m): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2011
Maybe she think it should be your friend attending your wedding & not the other way round.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

- what was the excuse?
- why didnt you propose to her the next time you saw her?
- why do you believe that it must be in a special place?
- dont you think proposing at someone's wedding is the WRONG place to propose? i dont know about you but it will feel that you just get "wedding blues" because of where you at.
he has got good points. Provide answers! smiley
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by slimyem: 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2011
what if she just wasnt interested in attending the party?
what's wrong with proposing another day??
why are you looking for trouble when there's none??
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by iice(f): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2011
She isn't available for the 'scene' of your proposal. Mind you, she doesn't know you're proposing. And you're flying of tangent undecided
Instead of you thinking of another place or 'scene' to construct being that 'marriage' is your end game, what you are trying to achieve with this person, you're busying wondering about the not cogent excuse she gave you for not playing into your planned scenario. Una well so? undecided
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by Goldieluks: 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2011

She missed your friend's wedding > she is not the right person for you.
She didn't gave a cogent reason> something is not right with your relationship,maybe its karma?

Will you grow up fast and make arrangement for another proposal,instead of rooting for faults where there is none. What the hell is going through some guy's head. I keep wondering.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by MrsChima1(f): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2011
Why would you propose to your girl at someone's wedding?  That's their special day and let them have that limelight for a day! 

You should come up with something more personal and make it special for YOU GUYS without an audience.

Remember it is just a proposal not an introduction nor a wedding. undecided
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by indoorlove(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2011
Nollywood new film tittle " the proposal". U better make another arrangement quickly b4 your neighbour will.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by sammieone(m): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2011
my best friends wedding is very special to me. her excuse was that her brother is sick and she has to be around him. i understand the place of forgiveness but her brother illness is not cogent enough for me (cuz her brother is not a teeneger and should able to take care of himself). talking about xpecial place and another time i will sure think of that.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by MrsChima1(f): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2011
sammie one:

my best friends wedding is very special to me. her excuse was that her brother is sick and she has to be around him. i understand the place of forgiveness but her brother illness is not cogent enough for me (cuz her brother is not a teeneger and should able to take care of himself). talking about xpecial place and another time i will sure think of that.

She is not required to come to your friend's wedding and if you really love her you wouldn't make a big deal about the fact that she wanted to be with her ill brother regardless if it is a lie or not.

I am beginning to think that you are dealing with the embarrassment after telling your friends you are going to propose and your girl didn't show up.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2011
good one mbj.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by iice(f): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I am beginning to think that you are dealing with the embarrassment after telling your friends you are going to propose and your girl didn't show up.

Highly possible.
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by chines4(m): 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2011
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by sammieone(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
i handled my friends side very well. no matter what happened i protected my babe cuz i really love her, moreover its just one person i told. its all good now. though i have not seen her till now but we are cool,
Re: She Missed My Proporsal by itiswell1(m): 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
Bros, are all your friends married now? Pls wait for another wedding day of another friend.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Guy To Date The Friend Of His Ex / Nigerian Men Why Do You Dump Some Of Your Foreign Kids / My Friends Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.