Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (86596 Views)

Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here / Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 9:05am On Jan 26, 2012
Where are all the physicists?

Oh, yeah. On the CFA thread grin
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by sleekcm(m): 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2012
Pencils posed a hazard to the electronics,there cld be a fire as the wood flakes cld easily ignite and Ball-point pens don't in zero gravity. Some1 had to pay for d research,it's more like a legend.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Teemanny: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2012
Hello its so great meeting people with great mind here, i also studied physics and I'm so glad i was trained to do everything. I'm a solution to every problem in my company and that what physics is all about. All the created problems we were meant to solve while is school is now more than useful. I'm presently with SIEMENS and I'm trusting God to go higher. but wherever you find yourself working make sure you ass value to yourself get more certifications in line with your profession.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by bukkytroni: 9:00pm On Feb 15, 2012
What happened to the Nigerian Institute of Physics sef,
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by CareTaker1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2012
B.Ed Physics job dey so?
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2012
Care-Taker:

B.Ed Physics job dey so?

Go and teach.
One area my high school suffered from in the 80s was a lack of physics teachers. We mostly had youth corpers, engineering grads, teaching physics. There was only one permanent physics teacher in the whole school.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Olaone1: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Go and teach.

And earn peanuts.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2012
Great Physicist! Is it possible for a Bsc physics degree holder to go for masters in Elect/Elect without PGD? I have great interest in the I.T industry and i'm currently doing MCITP programme. Also, can anyone suggest any good options in masters degree that relates with I.T? Thanks
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 10:07am On Feb 22, 2012
Ola one:

And earn peanuts.

Na somebody teach you oo shocked

Meanwhile, physicists, I have a physics quiz for you.
When is the best time of day to buy petrol, and why? Justify your answer with physics. No long story pls.
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Olaone1: 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Na somebody teach you oo shocked

Meanwhile, physicists, I have a physics quiz for you.
When is the best time of day to buy petrol, and why? Justify your answer with physics. No long story pls.
grin grin grin grin
hahahaaa
Me ke? Petro ke? I stand no chance for this kain thing oo.

The guy wants telecomm pay. The real koko
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Taiw(m): 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
d best time to buy fuel is in d evenin when d sun has come down,if you buy it any other time,u'll b cheated cos d density will b low n d rate of evaporation will be high.do i make sense?
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by yamakuza: 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2012
^ How far with the NASA pencil?
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by violent(m): 1:01am On Mar 02, 2012
***peeps in thread, picks race!!!*** grin grin

1 Like

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 8:03am On Mar 02, 2012
Taiw:

d best time to buy fuel is in d evenin when d sun has come down,if you buy it any other time,u'll b cheated cos d density will b low n d rate of evaporation will be high.do i make sense?

Ogbeni,
U a physicist? You gbagaun o shocked
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Raxxye(m): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2012
violent:

***peeps in thread, picks race!!!*** grin grin

Come back, dear. We are visitors-friendly!
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Gword: 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2012
To Reply to Taiw (m) Inquiry

Every professional is trained for a purpose and will always find that answer within himself.
Employment is not the preserve of some professionals, we all have to make ourselves competitive.

I know of a friend who works in a telecom company and he read zoology. what happened? He empowered
himself. Someone said he's doing a certification course, very good strategy. Employers are looking for ready-made
employees, the better you are closed to a finished product, the more you can get that job from them.

So the question is what do you do?

upgrade your value.

Find ways to add to your Physics degree - you need to be multi-tasking in this age and time.
It's sad that our leaders are not looking at the development of this country, where people like you
would be key players, but life must go on - find areas you would like to get a job in and get the necessary
value that will be needed there.

Not just you, many courses are facing job extinction in this country.

No need to bemoan any course.
There are companies looking for people like you everyday.
You need to find them.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Wallie(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
Nice thread!

Two cars, a Porsche Panamera Turbo S and a BMW M5, were raced on a 1 km track. Here are the results:

Porsche - 239.43 km/h @ 21,65s
BMW - 243.8 km/h @ 22,15s

1. How far behind was the BMW when the Porsche reached the finish line?
2. If the race started at 50 km/h, who would reach the 1 km end line first?
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TaoDammy: 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
I am Very Happy to see this
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2012
^^
Don't just be happy. Tackle the question bros. Are you a physicist, or a waka-thru? tongue
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by 8ightball: 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hello guys,
I am a physicist but I currently work in a bank. I am at a cross road on how to advance myself. Due to my job schedule, going for a masters degree is really out of the picture now and I dont really feel like doing any finance related certification exams because I dont feel banking is really for me. I would like to have some advice on what I can do right now. I know this is an open ended question but I would like to hear what people in my shoes are doing right now. thanks
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Jayc123: 4:19pm On May 03, 2012
Im sorry but if an object was dropped into a two way tunnel right through the earth, it would never make it through the otherside, impossible. It would spin on its axis in the centre of the earth. BUT, if the object was not free falling and was thus propelled along via rocket engine for example, the object emerge from the otherside!
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by bouncing82: 5:40pm On May 07, 2012
Nice 1 physicists
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 11, 2012
Nice thread.
Buy your fuel in the morning o! the lowest temperature is always around six, seven in the morning(I did my final year project along that line, so I know), that would ensure highest fuel density and low ambient temperature resulting in low fuel evaporation rate.
Why are most Physics graduate runing away from teaching? I have always wanted to teach since my days in the University, though I opted for core Physics rather than Physics education, because I beleive Phy Edu, will be too simple! After my service I started teaching in a private school in the north and was earning 11000naira as a salary. In the school I was teaching mathematics, futher mathematics, besides physics, invariably I used to teach Int science and Intro Tech!
Apart from my salary work, I used to have a lot of private teachings around town.
Since the town I was residing then is a University town, I simply enrolled for my master in physics after finishing my MSc, I got an appointment in a state government tertiary institution in another state. Presently Im in the tertiary institution and my salary is now well above 100,000naira a month and I have also enrolled for my PhD in physics again with the hope of getting appointment in a University!

3 Likes

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:56am On May 13, 2012
I saw one general vacancy advert by UNILORIN, in the DailyTrust of 7th of April 2012. Its like their Physics dpt. is looking for Grad Assit, Assoc. Prof, and Profs.
Physics Education seems to be looking for staff too!
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Taiw(m): 9:37am On May 13, 2012
physicist lets share our twitter handle.mine is @http://www.twitter.com/taiwomix.follow me and i'll follow u back
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by gbolad: 1:53am On May 17, 2012
Hello evry1. I studied Physics & jst finishd my service ds yr. I've bn invited for an aptitude test at shell and its comg up nxt tuesday. Can any1 help me out with any material i can lay my hands on or have an idea of wot the test usually luk lyk. Pls inbox 'azeezgboladele@yahoo.com'. Thanks
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:09am On May 17, 2012
Sorry I dont have help for you! But I can only encourage you to brace up for the challenge. Whatever they are going to ask there will not be more than what you know, seek for for the materials you need in other section of the nairaland and the web in general, relax your mind and you definitly will succeed!
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by gbolad: 12:41pm On May 17, 2012
Thanks bro
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 22, 2012
@gbolad, how was the aptitude test?
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by gbolad: 9:23pm On May 22, 2012
It was simple but the time was not enough
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by gbolad: 9:24pm On May 22, 2012
It was kul but technical
Re: Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TaoDammy: 1:28pm On May 24, 2012
@all. Pls any Physicist in the house that have soft copy of university physics or PN Okeke physics should pls send it to my mail: dats_4me@yahoo.com.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / CEO Back Home Now Cleaning Nyash In UK - Curvy Nigerian Lady Breaks Down In Tear / Woman Working At A Building Site In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.