Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live (19039 Views)

Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! / Senate Approved N143bn For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget / No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by SSaemoenl(m): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2011
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2011
I am starting to like Sanusi. People like Alj and Nam should stop doing that man a disservice. He is smart.  cool
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by werepeLeri: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2011
Why are people no more talking when Sanusi is talking?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by fashizie(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2011
i pity nigerians sha.nobody is sayin removal is outrightly bad,but the circumstances around it is shady n not clear.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2011
fool clapping at everything                   grin
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by mrjingles(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2011
alj_harem:

Quote of the Day by NLC

"Why should be pay higher for imported product, when we should pay lower for locally produced product"

God bless Mr Aremu

If you buy the crude @ international prices, you would not necessarily pay less, the only savings would be shipping costs. Local Private refineries will not get crude at concessionary rates like NNPC. Feedstock accounts for about 70% of refining cost. The only way it will definitely be cheaper is if ALL new refineries are government owned and we ignore the opportunity cost of "dashing" them crude to refine. Government's record in owning commercial concerns is abysmal.

Also please STOP spreading this story that 90% of refineries are govt owned. That's a dangerous fallacy.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2011
SLS has truly disappointed me today

He is talking of exchange rate and the government absrobing it angry

why would the exchange rate affect price of petrol in Nigeria if we have our refinery ?

What is SLS talking about ?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2011
Toaskarity:

fool clapping at everything                   grin

+ 10
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:40am On Dec 22, 2011
SLS, we know how subsidy benefit works and they steal it.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by fashizie(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2011
and why is the moderator so full of bias?has anyone noticed?in a debate he is supoze to be on the fence
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Mobinga: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2011
Another waste of life from the Nigerian Government
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2011
Sanusi:
Corruption thrives on opportunities you create for people to be corrupt, so let's shut off the opportunities.

Honestly I expected better from him. More figures, more facts, more insights.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by UyiIredia(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2011
This is bad coming from Iweala, what gives you grounds to think that deregulation in the petroleum industry (by fuel subsidy removal) will have the same effect it had on the telecoms sector.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by gokuu(m): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2011
SLS to the rescue. I love this man!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by rman: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2011
Sanusi is smart!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2011
Well he says he is against rent not subsidy
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2011
I think Sanusi is making sense! now I that I see him talking. I am sorry for the poor but keeping subsidy is like letting those corrupt politicians push out subsidized oil to foreigners.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2011
8 billion dollars sold to petroleum marketers.  Another 8 billion in subsidies. 
Government spent more money paying for subsidy than what they earned from the oil sector.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:43am On Dec 22, 2011
mrjingles:

If you buy the crude @ international prices, you would not necessarily pay less, the only savings would be shipping costs. Local Private refineries will not get crude at concessionary rates like NNPC. Feedstock accounts for about 70% of refining cost. The only way it will definitely be cheaper is if ALL new refineries are government owned and we ignore the opportunity cost of "dashing" them crude to refine. Government's record in owning commercial concerns is abysmal.

That is what I am talking about
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2011
SLS is saying the samething Madueke is saying

subsidy needs to be removed. We know that
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2011
33% on subsidy. 70% of the remainder is spent on salaries, yet they say don't sack civil servants.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Emperoh(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2011
I have only one and just one stance on this argument. If there is subsidy and government is hell bent on removing, then, they should bring our refineries to at least 90% capacity. Once that is done, they can take their subsidy. I just can't factor in why our politicians are soooo dumb, stupid, idiotic and intellectually crass. How can u produce something yet u can't process it? U sell the white man and he refines and resells to you at a price 2-3 times higher than he bought it. Who is fooling who? Abeg!!!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2011
If subsidy continues, the Greek situation will be nothing compared to where we are by 2015.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by olawalebabs(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2011
Once again SLS is falling into the same trap, is PMS the only derivative from crude oil? what happened to other derivatives
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2011
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is napping on national TV smiley
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2011
from now on im in suport of subsidy
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by thirdi(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2011
Those Clapping are they listening ? What are they clapping for; they should be crying on the horror movie situation being painted by SLS
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2011
Who is paying the subsidy?  Our children are the ones who will pay for the subsidy (loans)
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2011
Emperoh:

I have only one and just one stance on this argument. If there is subsidy and government is hell bent on removing, then, they should bring our refineries to at least 90% capacity. Once that is done, they can take their subsidy. I just can't factor in why our politicians are soooo dumb, silly, idiotic and intellectually crass. How can u produce something yet u can't process it? U sell the white man and he refines and resells to you at a price 2-3 times higher than he bought it. Who is fooling who? Abeg!!!

[size=16pt]
THAT IS IT THANK YOU !!!!!!!!
[/size]

Shekena
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2011
thirdi:

Those Clapping are they listening ? What are they clapping for; they should be crying on the horror movie situation being painted by SLS

thank you
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2011
Well the only I can say

The guy make sence but I know want gree
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Mobinga: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2011
thirdi:

+1

You should by now know the kind of idiots we have as Nigerians. If you watched the presidential debate, you'd know that some idiots were jumping and clapping to every supposedly "funny" thing Dele Momodu said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Shettima Has The Best 2019 Campaign Dance? Scatters Rally With Dancing Steps / FG Budgets N10.6bn For Transportation Of COVID-19 Vaccine Across Nigeria / Tinubu & CSU: We Don’t Have Time For Frivolous Issues – Yusuf Tuggar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.