Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live (19032 Views)

Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! / Senate Approved N143bn For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget / No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Emekamex(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2011
Sanusi talking sense but corruption is the major factor hindering nigeria's growth
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by olawalebabs(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2011
Hate him or love him, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is saying the right things right now. I don't agree with him entirely though #fuelsubsidy
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2011
"Will it cause inflation?  Yes.  But not by much (I disagree).  But the benefits of deregulation exceed that."
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2011
His conclusion is correct but some of his figures are subtly messed up.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by thirdi(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2011
The analogy is like that of a farmer that plants yam sells it in the market, gets hungry buys roasted yam at higher price and tells the children that they have to buy the yam at some price but he has paid some amount to reduce the effects of the price on them. Where is the subsidy ?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by peelovee(f): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2011
Sanusi's point are ideal
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2011
olawalebab:

Hate him or love him, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is saying the right things right now. I don't agree with him entirely though #fuelsubsidy

SLS is right and we anti-subsidies HAVE ALWAYS CLAMOUR FOR THE REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY

But build the refinaries first before the removal
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by heynew: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2011
are these crowd rented, why clapping for supporting team and opposition team with the same energy
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2011
Murray-Bruce is playing a Fela song to describe Nigeria.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Dgunnerz(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2011
Baba Fela oooooooo
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2011
Damn my Ngozi got big head as she dey shake it!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by jmaine: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2011
Okonjo Iweala dey form active to keep awake . .lol
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2011
While he speaks well (SLS i.e) I am just wondering how you can put the Horse before the Cart and expect progress - Subsidize Local production if you wish to remove Subsidies on imported products.   Nigeria has not met her OPEC Quota on local output in the past 15 years  shocked Why are you side-stepping that obvious gap - What is the real problem with local production? damn it!!  angry
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Mobinga: 11:59am On Dec 22, 2011
heynew:

are these crowd rented, why clapping for supporting team and opposition team with the same energy

!!!!!!!!!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2011
He wants the government to subsidize transporters to keep transport fares low. I feel him but hate subsidies
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by leighcon(m): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
This Ben is making sense!!!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by femzy(m): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
Why is that Iwela dancing like a demon; She really looks like a maggot
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ben bruce, is on point so far smiley
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by jmaine: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ben bruce bubbling very well . . .
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by ochukoccna: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2011
Trust Ben Bruce the entertainer
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ben bruce quote

100 billion is what Nigerians use for transport

double the price of fuel would cost Nigeria 200 billion Naira

No nigerian have that money

Thanks ben bruce smiley
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2011
Yeparipa NEPA ooo! Why now. Wetin I go do now.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ben Bruce; 'u must subsidies the transport services'. Erm, Ngozi already included dat in the alternative to fuel subsidy. Hot head. grin
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
He wants the government to subsidize fuel-efficient transport which can actually reduce transport costs.  He is in fact wrong, because you have to consider the cost of the vehicles in your ROI calculation. His ideas are pretty smart but simply wrong due to subtle errors.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
I would start campaigning for ben bruce

The dude is too good
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by mrjingles(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
BIGER BOY:

Yeparipa NEPA ooo! Why now. Wetin I go do now.

That's d result of government trying to provide things that private enterprise should. oya go and buy your subsidized petrol to fuel gen LOL
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ben bruce, you are right and you have good ideas

but as u rightly said, the government would not do their job
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by dmainboss: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2011
alj_harem:

Ben bruce quote

100 billion is what Nigerians use for transport

double the price of fuel would cost Nigeria 200 billion Naira

No nigerian have that money

Thanks ben bruce smiley

Assumptions of Ben bruce:

1. That the price of transport will double when you double frice of fuel. Many parts of Nigeria, like the SE, buy fuel at over N100 already. So that wont make much difference
2.  That the price of fuel will double when you remove fuell subsidy. Well half truth that is. The price will increase but the coming in of private refineries will create competition and drive prices down
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by blacksta(m): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2011
Rubbish - Energy efficient vehicles are only efficient when the roads are not clogged up or riddled with pot holes.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by jmaine: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ben Business Bruce . . .Good talk so far, but na still long thing . . .
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by sledge406: 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
Time time time!!!  angry

Good one Ben Bruce!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by fashizie(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
the labor dude was so slow n dull.mr olisa rily tried.such a shame dat the opposition culdnt bring sumbody articulated to dis forum.the govt crooks seem to be flawin dem bad.i wonder if ngozi,madison n oshiomole were earnin 200k a month,dey will be runnin dia mouth like dis.such a shame.useless govt.repentance no dey dia plans attall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

3 Soldiers, Gunmen Killed In Daura Attack – Army / Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... / Fayose Employs 10 Physically-Challenged & Gives Out 35 Wheelchairs (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.