Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live (19031 Views)

Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! / Senate Approved N143bn For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget / No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
good femi falana
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by olawalebabs(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
thanks. Femi falana (the new SAM)
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by femzy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
Oh No thank God My mama name me Femi. wink
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by eghost247(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
nice speech by ben bruce
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
dmainboss:

Assumptions of Ben bruce:

1. That the price of transport will double when you double frice of fuel. Many parts of Nigeria, like the SE, buy fuel at over N100 already. So that wont make much difference
2.  That the price of fuel will double when you remove fuell subsidy. Well half truth that is. The price will increase but the coming in of private refineries will create competition and drive prices down

private companies would not build refinaries in NIGERIA !!!!!!

why are my people talking like this embarassed

ordinary ajeokuta steel mill, is still dying
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by jmaine: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
This Femi Falana blood dey always hot  grin . . .
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by sledge406: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
Talk is cheap.

Naija Government are really learning from their Western counterparts. . .and we the masses are crying.

Good one Femi Falana!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by dmainboss: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
I hope some of you are not judging based on rhetoric but facts?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by rman: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ben Bruce's points are good, but will be very difficult to implement.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
falana quote

[size=13pt]"the Nigeria government is the most subsidies in the world"[/size]

very good
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by dmainboss: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
alj_harem:

private companies would not build refinaries in NIGERIA !!!!!!

why are my people talking like this embarassed

ordinary ajeokuta steel mill, is still dying

and where did you get that from? The only reason there are no private refineries in Nigeria is because they will not make profit based on the policies we currently have. They will rush in as soon as the environment is made open to them. Nigeria is a gold mine
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by werepeLeri: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
I wonder what policies some of the people on this thread will make if given the chance to wear the shoes of any of the people in there.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by freecocoa(f): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
We no kuku get light sef,abeg keep us updated.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by jmaine: 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
Baba Falana good points on the plan by the Government to bring back the tolls it spent millions to demolish . .all policy somersault of the Government should be reduced
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by sledge406: 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
If only WE have held our government accountable for every action good or bad to the public view, then we would have been ahead.

Never too late to make a move but the question is WHEN DO WE START THIS FORCEFUL QUESTIONING?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
dmainboss:

and where did you get that from? The only reason there are no private refineries in Nigeria is because they will not make profit based on the policies we currently have. They will rush in as soon as the environment is made open to them. Nigeria is a gold mine

I tire for Nigerian I no go lie

Listen and listen very good.

NO PRIVATE COMPANY WOULD BUILD OUR NATIONAL REFINARY FOR US.

The current laws to ensure fraud is stop in the so called sector has not been addressed yet and you want to remove subsidy ?

The only refinary Nigeria would ever have is the one built by the government (fake private company for them to steal)
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by chakula: 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
Watching. . . . . . . .
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
Does Femi Falana have to shout? My God, we are losing the message with all the shouting.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by peelovee(f): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
freecocoa:

We no kuku get light sef,abeg keep us updated.

same as We. I dey use my laptop to watch, but the bad news is that the battery don dey give me signal. sad
I just they pray for light to come before this battry kukuma rundown.  sad
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by jmaine: 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Does Femi Falana have to shout? My God, we are losing the message with all the shouting.

Passion . . . an amiable trait
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
These labor people are economically ignorant.  I don't know how government can bear to negotiate with them.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
BEST QUOTE OF THE DAY BY FALANA

" we are not saying you should not remove subsidy, we are saying give it some time prior to the refineries are built"
The current law are not even implemented in abuja

"Nigeria is the only country in the world where government are given a lot of money, medical health check up abroad"

"Today we are spending 1 billion Naira per day on the government, why are we not stopping that"
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Sundayademola(m): 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
ourra dis world
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

He needs to shout so people can get it into their thick skulls that has no brain in it.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by dmainboss: 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

You shout when you dont have a good grasp of the issues. Femi Falana is a good lawyer but he is very clueless when it comes to economic debates. It is wrong for you to discuss economic policies just because you are a popular public commentator and government critic. I would have preferred some opposition party's economic gurus than a Femi Falana
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by sledge406: 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
. . .As soon as you get to Abuja, call Shell and demand for 20 billion US dollars - Femi Falana
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
Next: Oshiomole.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
Seun:

These labor people are economically ignorant.  I don't know how government can bear to negotiate with them.

Seun abeg go rest

ignorant when the government spends 1 billion a day for governance ?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by jmaine: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
alj_harem:

He needs to shout so people can get it into their thick skulls that has no brain in it.

Oga Harem abeg easy jare . .you sef no get thick skull  tongue
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
sledge406:

. . .As soon as you get to Abuja, call Shell and demand for 20 billion US dollars - Femi Falana

+ 10 smiley
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by babaowo: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
i love this very hot debates,
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
jmaine:

Oga Harem abeg easy jare . .you sef no get thick skull  tongue

the thing they pain me  angry I no go lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... / Jonathan Denies Buying $15M Property In United kingdom / Governor Adeleke, Aides Escape Air Crash - Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.