Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live (19030 Views)

Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! / Senate Approved N143bn For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget / No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:00am On Dec 22, 2011
The guy talking now doesn't have any facts. Just confusing people.  We need more facts. Dude's trying to present himself as an ordinary Nigerian. He believes he can mobilize people to raise 7 trillion naira. Olisa Agbakoba
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by yomifoster: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2011
As long as we continue to live by emotion and not reality, then Nigeria will never progress. Subsidy is not a new thing in Nigeria. I believe this govt is trying to put an end to this subsidy once and for all. No matter how difficult at the beginning, I believe removal of subsidy is the best for Nigeria at this time. The price will eventually come down later. When we were rescued from NITEL, I bought my 1st GSM line for 31,000 naira. Now its almost free. Lets reason together and stop this subsidy once and for all.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by scopusng(m): 11:02am On Dec 22, 2011
Seun:

The guy talking now doesn't have any facts. Just confusing people. We need more facts.

Shut up Seun, Agbakoba is not confusing people.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2011
Seun:

The guy talking now doesn't have any facts. Just confusing people.

The man Agbakoba is ON POINT !!!!!!

watch him properly. He is saying the reality. FACTS !!!!!!!!!!!

Seun:

If you had the money, would you invest in a refinery selling fuel at less than 50% of the cost of production?

What cost of production. Don't let Iweala lie to you

the cost of refining One barrel of oil is less than 5 dollars Fact !!!!

I have a friend from aramco the largest saudi araba oil company
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2011
Seun:

If you had the money, would you invest in a refinery selling fuel at less than 50% of the cost of production?

Do we need outside investors to build our refineries? More than 80% of OPEC members build their own refineries (public), so u tell me?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2011
BIGER BOY:

Do we need outside investors to build our refineries? More than 80% of OPEC members build their own refineries (public), so u tell me?

Are you minding seun
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2011
BIGER BOY:

What makes you think the same government responsible for NITEL and NEPA and Ajaokuta can build anything?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2011
Am I the only one who hates listening to the petroleum minister talk. Shes so fake!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by olawalebabs(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2011
Olisa, you talk well, Aunty Ngozi, powerpoint no fit convince us
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by sheyguy: 11:06am On Dec 22, 2011
@seun
the case of GSM was more of a newer and cheaper technology (wireless) replacing an older, costlier, and highly mismanaged cable comm. technology.
Dont also forget that GSM had the option of a roaming which was irresistible to most pple.
Copying and pasting privatisation policies of GSM sector to oil sector wouldn't solve our problem 100%.
Or what happens when the new private hands collude behind the scene to regulate the price of the oil product like some Nigerians did in south africa with the vehicle tyre business?
We need NNPC to be operating at the efficiency level of NCC b4 anything meaningful can be done. The Govt is at the centre of it all.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 11:06am On Dec 22, 2011
Seun:

What makes you think the same government responsible for NITEL and NEPA and Ajaokuta can build anything?

Good! That's our problem not subsidy.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:07am On Dec 22, 2011
BIGER BOY:

Am I the only one who hates listening to the petroleum minister talk. Shes so fake!
Aunty Ngozi has set the bar very high by providing relevant facts in a very down-to-earth way.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by ochukoccna: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2011
What does the moderator mean by 'Madueke is just a minister executing govt policy'?
Who then formulates the policy?
Is the minister not supposed to be involved?
Just asking questions.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:09am On Dec 22, 2011
What's the cost of building the refineries.  I suspect that the cost of building enough refineries to satisfy 100% of our local requirements is very close to the cost of providing the subsidy. Such huge funds are best sourced in self-sustaining private sector
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by werepeLeri: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2011
Abeg - we are all watching. Stop talking crap. None of you makes any sense. Just criticising those who makes effort. Shio.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2011
Mrs Madueke

Please and please those refianries ARE OUT DATED

Build a new one with the billions allocated to ur sector instead of buying 20 million euro house for urself angry
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2011
werepeLeri:

Abeg - we are all watching. Stop talking crap. None of you makes any sense. Just criticising those who makes effort. Shio.

abeg keep it to urself
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:11am On Dec 22, 2011
Ms Alison-Madueke is talking and all I hear is blah blah. We need more educated but down-to-earth people.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by kizito96(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2011
Academic Excercise
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2011
werepeLeri:

Guy, it is supposednto be a discussion btw govt and us and not to take the govts stance hook line and sinker! So we r just humbly begging to differ.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by mrjingles(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2011
I fear this debate is a dialogue of the deaf. The positions are entrenched and no side is ready to change. Its like a debate between democrats and republicans, capitalists and communists.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by werepeLeri: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2011
alj_harem:

abeg keep it to urself

You particularly havent made any sense - so keep mute.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2011
why are some ppl walking around in such national programme.  I like this woman tho she is in point but doesnt mean i support he motion
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by ochukoccna: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2011
It is not in the interest of govt to run refineries-Madueke.
Really?!
Correct me if am wrong,but 90% of refineries globally are public owned.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by werepeLeri: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2011
BIGER BOY:

Guy, it is supposednto be a discussion btw govt and us and not to take the govts stance hook line and sinker! So we r just humbly begging to differ.

if you say those at the authority are not making sense and you differ with them, how come you want others also to listen to you without differing to what crap people say?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:14am On Dec 22, 2011
terrible comparison with china

are this people talking to mumu s ?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by MAYOWAAK: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2011
No subsidy removal but subsidy transfer-Minister of Petroleum.

What does that mean?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Seun(m): 11:15am On Dec 22, 2011
Only South Africa and Ivory Coast have working refineries in Africa.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2011
@alj_harem

There is no way anyone will like to invest in refinery at the current low subsidized rate. The system needs subsidy remocal to entice private sectors participation. Govt has no business in refineries building, they can only hold equity in it for security.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2011
Alison is merely reading out, outdated classical economic theory as she was told, boring. Economics has transcended that, and if u can't adapt economics to your peculiar situation on ground then you are waisting ur time
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2011
When i hear people compare telecoms and oil, i cant help but laff such Ignorance at its highest peak! Their level of reasoning is abysmally poor! The two products are nt d same and they dnt hav d same value to d lifes of poor citizens! A village old woman can do without a phone, but she need oil product in many aspects of her life! Think! Think! Think! Nigerians think!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2011
Ivory coast and south africa are the only countries with refining capacity.

Where is Nigeria ?

Can people see that Madueke thinks she is talking to mumu people ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... / Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose / ''Ibrahim Magu Is Going Nowhere'' - Osinbajo Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.