Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

What Movie Made Your Car Popular? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Movie Made Your Car Popular? (1578 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud / Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
We buy cars based upon different scenarios - brand loyalty, the looks, performance, ease of maintenance etc.

But sometimes, our choices are based on the use of a particular vehicle in movies, or TV series. There are even cases whereby our choice of vehicle wasn't even known to us, till they became popular through their use on the big screen. My current car, 2002 Audi S8 was definitely known to me, prior to me seeing it on screen, but I never really thought of it as a car I'd buy. This changed after I watched[i].[/i]..

..[i].[/i]RONIN. The Audi S8 featured extensively in the mad chase through Paris. Featuring Robert De Nero, Sean Bean, Jean Reno, Stellan Skarsgård, Skipp Sudduth and Natascha McElhone, the Audi S8, a '97 4,2 32V model was the weapon of choice. It was a 6-speed manual, better than the nasty 5-speed Tiptronics that were the only option in the UK. Despite it being just a movie, it showed how agile the Audi S8 could be, for a full-sized luxury sedan!

A couple of shots of the Ragusa Green Audi S8 during the Paris chase in Ronin:

What movie did your current car feature in? Please share!
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Ikenna351(m): 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
The movie that made my car, Peugeot 605, popular is RONIN too  grin grin grin

As you can see on the image you posted. The car chasing the Audi, which is by the left side of the Audi on the image, is Peugeot 605 series 2. They were more than one 605s on the chase. It was an interesting movie. Of course, its Robert de Niro. What do we expect.

Ikenna.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by jodeci(m): 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2011
the[b] transporter[/b] made my Bimmer popular.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ikenna351:

The movie that made my car, Peugeot 605, popular is RONIN too  grin grin grin  
As you can see on the image you posted. The car chasing the Audi, which is by the left side of the Audi on the image, is Peugeot 605 series 2.
Ikenna.

Brilliant!

But, the Audi S8 was chasing the Peugeot 605. The Audi eventually ran the Peugeot off the road.  smiley
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Ikenna351(m): 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2011
jodeci:

You mean Transporter 1? Transporter 2 was Audi.

Ikenna.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by jodeci(m): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
sorry, transporter 1
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
jodeci:

Another brilliant movie.

It also featured the Audi S8 V10.  smiley
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by jodeci(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
Siena:

Another brilliant movie.

It also featured the Audi S8 V10.  smiley

sometimes i wonder who those cars are designed for.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2011
jodeci:

sometimes i wonder who those cars are designed for.

I don't follow. Designed for in what sense bruh?
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by jodeci(m): 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
i mean as in aesthetics,power and cost
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2011
jodeci:

i mean as in aesthetics,power and cost

They're designed for those who appreciate the looks, performance and can afford to run them. smiley
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
Point of correction: the audi A8 in transporter 2 was not a V10 powered S8 (the v10 in d s8 also powers the lamborghini Gallardo, ). It was a W12 quattro. Get ur facts right.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
platinumricky:

Point of correction: the audi A8 in transporter 2 was not a V10 powered S8 (the v10 in d s8 also powers the lamborghini Gallardo, ). It was a W12 quattro. Get your facts right.

My mistake, it was an Audi A8L 6,0 W12. For a new member, with just 4 posts, you come across as quite aggressive over something that's just meant to be a fun exercise. Is it such a big deal? It's not like I'm trying to sell someone a car with the wrong engine. I just like my Audis, both A and S variants.

You've probably had a bad day, so I'll overlook your aggression. Enjoy your time on these boards.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2011
Am sorry if my tone sounded rude, don't be offended. i just wanted to make a lil clarification, I appreciate posts like this. I wud want to see the spec. Sheet of the next audi S8, its lyk audi intends to drop d v10 in favour of a twin turbo v8. By the way, how do U̶̲̥̅̊ cope with a performance car like that in naija?
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
^^^ That's okay bruh. Yes, the Audi S8 D4 is losing two cylinders, and 200 cc's less than the D2 S8 (so 4,0 litre). But will be Biturbo, apparently it'll be more efficient than the outgoing 5,2 V10 in the D3. smiley

I don't reside in Nigeria.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
Am impressed with ur knowledge, keep it up. i hardly find geeky car guys around, what's ur fav. Automaker?
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
Some would call me biased, but I would go for Audi any day. cool
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
Audi fanboy! We belong to opposing camps, Am a die hard mercedes benz fan. I also lyk bmw,porsche and the prancing horse, ferrari. Ferrari engine sounds are awesome,
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2011
BMW's are cool. I've had three - a 1976 1602, a 1989 E30 325i M-Tech Sport and a 1990 E30 M3 Cabrio.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2011
Interesting, U̶̲̥̅̊ are a genuine enthusiast. Do U̶̲̥̅̊ knw if audi has launched the  S6 (which is supposed to battle the benz E63 amg, M5 and jaguar XfR).
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
^^^ Not yet. It's still the C6-based 5,2 V10 430 bhp. I believe this ended production a few months back. The replacement will undoubtedly be a detuned version of the forthcoming 4,0 V8 Biturbo in the D4 S8. Or highly tuned naturally aspirated 4,0 V8.
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
I saw d new A8L a few months ago, men! Dat ride is one cute lukn thng, but i thnk almost all current gen. Audis luk alike (with d exception of the R8) .The main reason i lyk audi performace cars is their rear-biased awd set-up. Have U̶̲̥̅̊ seen the all new mercedes SL dat was unveiled a few days ago? Wat do U̶̲̥̅̊ thnk abt d design?
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 08, 2013
Transporter 2 made my new car, the Audi A8 D3 popular. Awesome full-size family sedan!
Re: What Movie Made Your Car Popular? by yungboss(m): 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
"The chase" charlie Natalie's BMW 325 coupe, (e36 325is). Though it didn't inspire me to get the car but my love for the car grew watching the Movie...

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Reliable German / How Can I Process My Driver's License Myself / I Need Help On My Nissan Tiida 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.