Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? (12894 Views)

Solomon Dalung's Nomination, Lots Of Love From Core Northerners. / Progressive Core Northerners Beginning To Question Real Cause Of Violence(read) / 33 Reasons Why Southern and MB Nigerians Are Foolish Than The Core-northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2011
EzeUche:

Nigeria needs to be split.

You all are trying to repair a leak in a ship, that has a much bigger hole.

I do not care how it is split, all I want to be is in a separate nation away from these parasites.

I believe you should care HOW, because you are Igbo. The last time, someone tried to fix Nigeria (without consulting us of course), he failed and thousands of Igbo were killed.
When Ojukwu declared Biafra after due consultations, some of our people still worked FULL TIME with these same Northerners to even be mapping Ojukwu's location, and giving bombing co-ordinates to the same Northern officers against Ojukwu's locations.

We the youths of Eastern Nigeria cannot afford to be unconcerned as things unfold.
Let us bear that in mind.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by pingpong1: 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

And where did you learn that I advise GEJ? From your okija shrine?
There are too many sicko's on NL. embarassed
sorry o. I thought you are the Senior Special Adviser on Anti-North, Subsidy Removal and a.ss licking.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2011
ping pong:

sorry o. I thought you are the Senior Special Adviser on Anti-North, Subsidy Removal and behind licking.

Sir, it is because you are daft.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Why are people holding back and scared. I bet the victim of today bombings were amongst the many applying caution whilst in a house on fire.

Poo is already on the fan faces and we have passed the caution stage. Right now it should be action with no fear. We need to remove armoury to the south preferably Umuahia, Abia.

All new equipment purchased for the Armed forces docked in the Abia Armoury. Secondly, Muslim officers should not participate in the JTF and should be on secret 24/7 surveillance.

Thirdly, mercenary should be brought in from Gabon, Congo, Equatoria Guinea and Sao Tome Principe. Fourthly, Army recruitment centre should be set up in locally affected areas in the middle-belt, southeast and southwest to prop up their numbers in the force since the Hausa fulani have reached full capacity of Army conscription.

And let the war games begin.

SE/SS should make sure we have enough well trained mercenaries from gabon,congo,equitorial guinea,sao tome and principe ready to support us in battle at short notice.Contracts for procurement of fighter jets should be in place with friendly nations and activated immediately.These fighter jets should be kept for us by friendly neighbouring nations.Meanwhile GEJ should urgently de-arm all military installations in northern nigeria and move all these weapons to the south and put these arms/weapons under the control of SS/SE officers.military officers from the core north should be systematically eased out of the army.Most junior army personell from the north should be summarily retired from the army and paid their entitlements.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by pingpong1: 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

Sir, it is because you are daft.
No I am not. Being daft is reserved for GEJ and his co travellers in perfidy.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by honour6(m): 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
You should know that that os against the army constitution, A soldier according to the code has no ethnicity, he is the property of Nigeria and his family is his fellow soldiers, so they are not to be sympathetic towards any particular tribe. Do you know the most of the soldiers sent to Niger-delta are also from same. What I am trying to say is that while this may be a temporary solution, It would destroy that trust these soldiers have among themselves and the anarchy it would create believe me would be far worse than this boko haram crises

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by aloyemeka1: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
chima12:

SE/SS should make sure we have enough well trained mercenaries from gabon,congo,equitorial guinea,sao tome and principe  ready to support us in battle at short notice.Contracts for procurement of fighter jets should be in place with friendly nations and  activated immediately.These fighter jets should be kept for us by friendly neighbouring nations.Meanwhile GEJ should urgently de-arm all military installations in northern nigeria and move all these weapons to the south and put these arms/weapons under the control of SS/SE officers.military officers from the core north should be systematically eased out of the army.Most junior army personell from the north should be summarily retired from the army and paid their entitlements.

Do you have the funds to undertake these measures. If yes, why haven't you supported Becomerich since he has been preparing for war single handedly?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by aloyemeka1: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
honour6:

You should know that that os against the army constitution, A soldier according to the code has no ethnicity, he is the property of Nigeria and his family is his fellow soldiers, so they are not to be sympathetic towards any particular tribe. Do you know the most of the soldiers sent to Niger-delta are also from same. What I am trying to say is that while this may be a temporary solution, It would destroy that trust these soldiers have among themselves and the anarchy it would create believe me would be far worse than this boko haram crises

What is worse than terrorism?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by naijaking1: 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2011
Decapitating Hausa/Fulani's strong hold on the army should have been started and almost at a final stage by now if GEJ knows what he's doing. I hope he does, and not another Ironsi type who will open his nyash for Hausa guys and hope they'll behave.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onyocha: 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2011
[b]it is like the OP is drunk!

are you trying to make Nigeria another Bahrain? In Bahrain the sunni totalitarian monarchy exclude the Shia majority from key positions including the military positions.that is racist and very extremist.is the OP trying to randomly target a section of the country? okay if you would have said we send troops into these areas from southern parts of nigeria,i could understand a little.but even at that,do you that would be disastrous? the northerners would see it as southerners attacking them.this issue of boko haram is very sensitive.any mistake could win them sympathy and popularity.

what is really funny is that fools like Beaf are tribalistic bigots from the southern part of the country.boko haram has being killing northerners both christians and muslims.on eid al kabir,they attacked muslims.the muslims themselves do not support them.so why is the fool trying to make it look as if its a north v/s south thing?does he not also know that the southern part of nigeria is not homogenous?the north is more homogenous than the south as hausa is the widely spoken language.

the people who can face boko haram are the northerners themselves because boko haram is killing both muslim and christian northerners.so they should stop the menace without the government taking any out of place decision that could favor boko haram.[/b]
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by rekeson: 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2011
In the Land of Nigeria and a Time of Boko Haram , The destiny of a great nation rests on the shoulders of a confused and clueless President, his name??
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2011
We all know that seccession of Nigeria into 2 or more countries will result in a war. We know it. The best approach is true federalism as practice in USA.

1. 100% taxable resource control. Each State control their national resources, with a certain % of tax paid to the central government.
   A single parliament is okay, why do we have House of Reps and Senate, na same work dem they do.

2. State Police

3. Establishment of Federal Police

Each state will exist independently, and manage its security, these mallam soldiers and police.

The Center will become less juicy so IBB and Atiku and Buhari sympathizers and Kaduna mafia wont make the country ungovernable.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2011
LeoMax:

We all know that seccession of Nigeria into 2 or more countries will result in a war. We know it. The best approach is true federalism as practice in USA.

1. 100% taxable resource control. Each State control their national resources, with a certain % of tax paid to the central government.
   A single parliament is okay, why do we have House of Reps and Senate, na same work dem they do.

2. State Police

Each state will exist independently, and manage its security, these mallam soldiers and police.

The Center will become less juicy so IBB and Atiku and Buhari sympathizers and Kaduna mafia wont make the country ungovernable.

With all due respect, these are what we have been doing since 1967. These "states" are part of the problem, and even Gowon is regretting creating them. These states defeat our ability to solve our problems.
I personally would stop recognizing them soon.  cool
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by TomFord: 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
Onlytruth,
Your statement about hitting the lower ranks is absolutely true,case in point:the Obama-Clinton primaries Clinton literally bought the establishment(the power brokers)Their(clintons) belief been that with the top echelon fully in support of her,it was a done deal but they neglected the grassroots.Forgetting that the vote of a poor man with that of a multimillionaire is one and same.

Obama on the other hand went for the grassroot and they saw hope in him,the rest we all know.Truth be told the guys at the lower cadre know things,see things and are equally a force of reckon.If you observe the organogram of the  Nigerian Customs one may be swayed into thinking the top hierarchy run things(which they do to some extent)but make no mistake the lower cadre actually control stuff(lots of stuff)

Enough digression @beaf don't be shocked some elements within other tribes may voice out against such action.Purging the Army of core northerners isn't that a breach of the constitution?How can this be carried out without taking the country into further abysmal?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by aloyemeka1: 9:59pm On Dec 25, 2011
LeoMax:

2. State Police

If you create state police, then get ready to be brutalized by the police when you are not from that region or tribe. Nigeria is not yet mature to have state police.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 25, 2011
I strongly believe if we create State police, the governors will take responsibilities for securities of their states, and the local police will know their fellow citizens. Seriously, Nigeria is not a baby. If we are mature enough to face terrorism and to make IEDs, we are matured enough for State Police. Have you ever heard blames on Governors for security lapses in their states even when they receive huge security votes ?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by publisher(m): 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2011
I guess most of us here are mis-informed. I can authoritatively tell u guys that the Nigerian Army of today is dominated by christian northerners from Benue,Plateau,Nassarawa,Taraba and co. Even in the lower ranks you have more of  yorubas(from Kogi and Kwara)-most of the ground troop battling Boko haram in Yobe are from these regions. Nigerian army understands the strategic nature of each ethnic groups,remember most of the soldiers that fought Niger delta militants were core northerners.

And please,lets get something straight,most hausa fulanis are against Boko haram,see what happened in Kano last week. On the longrun,a fine blend of military and political solutions will lead to an end to these crisis. Every Nigerian tribe is important,its the individual politicians that are useless.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Gayigaskia(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2011
Did these criminals not bombed the core north  northerners and muslims alike? This is a failure of leadership at it best, BH indicated that they will hit again and they did; Someone failed to act.  stop blaming the North and all muslims, and this idea of BEAF divide and conquer the North is not working. There is no core north BEAF, instead you should ask your Odechuku Presidio to get his acts together or get hell out of Aso rock.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2011
@publisher

You sound like an "insider", can you help me deliver this message to the military. To decimate every mosque in the north that preaches Jihad and infiltrate the Boko Haram network with informers. Its not fucking hard to establish bars with listeners and cameras to eavesdrop on their communications.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by aletheia(m): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

Such a purge will be temporary, but necessary.
^I never expected such a poorly thought out and hysterical post from you.  
Beaf:

The other alternative would be more blood to split the nation.
How does your suggestion reduce bloodshed? It pretty much guarantees an even bloodier conflict involving soldiers. Ask the residents of Obalende their experience on April 22, 1990.

You need to calm down.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by publisher(m): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2011
LeoMax:

@publisher

You sound like an "insider", can you help me deliver this message to the military. To decimate every mosque in the north that preaches Jihad and infiltrate the Boko Haram network with informers. Its not bleeping hard to establish bars with listeners and cameras to eavesdrop on their communications.

Trust me,what we witnessed today was child's play compared to BH's original plan. The Yobe and Kano assaults by the army really hit BH below the belt but the war is far from over.

PS: I'm no insider,just a regular journalist.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
@publisher

Borno and Yobe State are the gate way which the bombs from Libya are delivered into this country through Niger and Chad. I need a strategic warning to be issued to the governments of Chad and Niger republics. The era of Nigeria acting as a big brother is over. If we start a war with Chad or Niger it will serve as a great distraction. Enough is enough.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by aletheia(m): 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2011
publisher:

Trust me,what we witnessed today was child's play compared to BH's original plan.
^I concur. It's easy to see that if one can reads the tea leaves. The spate of bomb "factories" blowing up over the last few days (I suspect some sort of covert ops involved) plus the army's offensive in Yobe pretty much tells the story.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by PHIPEX(m): 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2011
LeoMax:

@publisher

Borno and Yobe State are the gate way which the bombs from Libya are delivered into this country through Niger and Chad. I need a strategic warning to be issued to the governments of Chad and Niger republics. The era of Nigeria acting as a big brother is over. If we start a war with Chad or Niger it will serve as a great distraction. Enough is enough.

Guy, i dey enjoy ur analysis
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by stagger: 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2011
The percentage of soldiers of core Northern extraction ad the South is about 70% - 30%.

How is such an exorcism going to be carried out?

Read up how the July 1966 coup, the accompanying pogrom and the civil war played out; we are heading exactly the same way.

So whether you talk of cutting off the core-North soldiers or splitting the country; either way there is going to be a significant amount of bloodshed.

Because now this is not going to be Nigeria versus the Igbos; this is going to be a lot worse. The Niger Delta region will definitely secede to protect its oil; that is a no-brainer.

Then there will be a scramble for who controls the various mineral resources everywhere and where it cannot be negotiated, ethnicities will want to take it by force.

Do we want another Yugoslavia here? Have we forgotten the carnage in Bosnia? Boy! The scenario does not look good.

We need to look at the declaration of the US that Nigeria will split in 2015; given the role of the CIA in Nicaragua, Angola, Mozambique and several other places, how are we sure that the American government does not know more about the Boko haram group than they are claiming?

So Beaf, the issues are much larger than simply exorcising a select few!
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Maisuya1: 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2011
Kai my people instead of discussing how to get solutions to this terrorist menace, we are here discussing how to start a civil war, if I may ask a war in who's interest?

The BH phenomenon like many other social menace that plague our society today didn't just start yesterday or last year! It is as a result of serial policy failures and government insincerity by successive administrations in the past, and it hasn't changed for the better under this administration too. In other words it was our myopic and short sighted perspective to corruptly enriching ourselves with public fund at the expense of providing public service and amenities that created this hydra headed societal ills, from BH to armed robery, kidnaping, militancy etc.
Now are we still going to be myopic in charting our future course by settling scores of old and reviving the fights of our fathers, or are we going to find long lasting solutions that do not further polarise and entrench the mistrusts that already exist in the society. Please guys let's not use this unfortunate act to promote sentiments over common sence.

And if I may ask is it even conceivable to purge the military of an entire section of the country. You can ask the Nepalese for an answer to that.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Maisuya1: 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2011
stagger:

The percentage of soldiers of core Northern extraction ad the South is about 70% - 30%.

How is such an exorcism going to be carried out?

Read up how the July 1966 coup, the accompanying pogrom and the civil war played out; we are heading exactly the same way.

So whether you talk of cutting off the core-North soldiers or splitting the country; either way there is going to be a significant amount of bloodshed.

Because now this is not going to be Nigeria versus the Igbos; this is going to be a lot worse. The Niger Delta region will definitely secede to protect its oil; that is a no-brainer.

Then there will be a scramble for who controls the various mineral resources everywhere and where it cannot be negotiated, ethnicities will want to take it by force.

Do we want another Yugoslavia here? Have we forgotten the carnage in Bosnia? Boy! The scenario does not look good.

We need to look at the declaration of the US that Nigeria will split in 2015; given the role of the CIA in Nicaragua, Angola, Mozambique and several other places, how are we sure that the American government does not know more about the Boko haram group than they are claiming?

Nice analysis. How I wish there were more of this kind of analogical deductions and a few other intelligent post by others.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by naijaking1: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^
Total purge of core islamist Hausa/Fulani may not be possible, but strategic units such as the brigade of guards have been known to be for the exclusive reserve of loyalist hausa/fulanis when their man was in power.
Why can't GEJ do that without raising questions, or he still thinks "IBB is like a father to me" lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by dellnet: 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2011
NL your prayers will do more to the victims than all these political nonsense you are spewing. This is a national tragedy not a north or south thing or christain or muslim thing. Mind you most of the casualties are hausa/gwari speaking people.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2011

[quote][/quote]

Forget about blaming the USA and all conspiracy theories. There will be no Boko Haram, if there are no sponsors. Dry up the resources to the core North. Listen buddies, I dont know if Jonathan Ebele Goodluck understands that he is the only hope the Niger Delta has to liberate the region. If Obasenjo could agree on 13% derivation formula, I don't know why Jonathan Ebele can not influence a 100% resource control. Listen, once the North knows that the goldmine is not available, they will channel their energies into explorations and generation of income to develop their place. There will be no free cash to sponsor terror and there will be nothing for all the tribes to struggle to be President, which is the core issue here.  True Federalism is solution to this. Its greed and parasitism that keeps us together. We know it. Its why Danjuma owns oil wells, He wanted to be president and Obasanjo compensated him with oil wells. He also allowed Atiku to own private jetties where illegal contraband are delivered. This country is shitty, and we know it. Soon and very soon, it will boil and I have nothing to lose.  Jonathan, you have opportunity to right the wrongs, if you come out of presidency without doing the right thing, it may take 50 yrs to see a Niger-Deltan at Aso Rock again.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2011
aletheia:

^I never expected such a poorly thought out and hysterical post from you.  How does your suggestion reduce bloodshed? It pretty much guarantees an even bloodier conflict involving soldiers. Ask the residents of Obalende their experience on April 22, 1990.

My fear is that boko haram has sympathetic military and police backing.
I am concerned that condemnation of boko haram by the core-Northern leadership has been inaudible at best; that in itself leads to the weighty interpretation that there is organised support for boko haram at the highest echelon. During the recent Yar Adua saga, several references were made by the core-Northern elite to their strategic advantages in the armed forces; indeed these advantages were so great that they were able to move the Presidential guard outside of the authority of the Vice President and that of the 3rd in our leadership hierachy, the Senate President.

In my opinion, the worry is a real one that needs addressing. This is even more so with the levels of sophistication displayed by boko haram.
Military officers (including a General) have been caught helping boko haram, so the suggestion for some sort of temporary separation is not far fetched and should go a long way to reducing bloodshed. The alternative would be to spill more blood.

aletheia:

You need to calm down.

Lol!
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by nku5: 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
@ OP- Good idea but i would derive a lot more satisfaction from seeing northern christian security operatives empowered and given the assignment of wiping out the leadership of these scumbags as well as their financiers.

Goodluck will not be able to do much because the security agencies are heavily compromised in favour of boko haram along religous lines. Northern christians are the ones who are really supposed to be the arrow head of the campaign against these animals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

75,000 Children Could Die In Nigeria In 2017 - UNICEF / APC Convention: Oshiomhole Apologises For Past ‘sins’ / Lai Mohammed To Atiku: You Can’t Become President Through Backdoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.