Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? (12899 Views)

Solomon Dalung's Nomination, Lots Of Love From Core Northerners. / Progressive Core Northerners Beginning To Question Real Cause Of Violence(read) / 33 Reasons Why Southern and MB Nigerians Are Foolish Than The Core-northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by ocelot2006(m): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
This has got to be the most stupid proposal I've heard. Like every other Nigerian, Northerner have the constitutional right to serve in the Nation's military and security services. Hell, they're even at the fore front in the fight against BH, and a lot have paid the ultimate price.

I personally would suggest that any new intake be SERIOUSLY VETTED, regardless of the place of origin or religion. Check for affiliations with extremist sects. Also run a polygraph test monthly for every other person. It will help.

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by kettykin: 11:07pm On Dec 25, 2011
my instincts tells me that unless a Miracle happens Nigeria will be heading back to Aburi. My final warning to GEJ ( i dont care if some security personnel are viewing my posts after all they have failed to protect the innocent church goers) "GEJ avoid the path Ironsi took Pleasssssss  !!!!" (Avoid Ironsi's Mistake by all means possible )this is not the time for going from a part of the country to another having peace and security forums with traditional rulers and security officials , first rescue your self then you can rescue Nigeria
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2011
That will be the biggest mistake ever. Taking such actions will only worsen the situation and it might eventually lead to a civil war.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by eghost247(m): 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2011
Disappointed@ Op
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by aletheia(m): 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

My fear is that boko haram has sympathetic military and police backing.
^Of course they have. . .but what is needed is a calm reasoned approach that involves isolating these elements and declawing and defanging them. Not all "core-northerners" are BH sympathizers or didn't you read how in Kano local Muslims chased down and help apprehend BH operatives? So we can hardly expect that in the military and police that all "core-northerners" are BH. Besides when you read the list of names of military and police BH-induced casualties, you will find that "core-northerners" predominate.

What you suggest is a sure fire way to feeding the sense of us-against-them that is almost inbred into the average far northerner and thus providing more recruits for the BH cause. We need to learn lessons from the American mistakes in Iraq. They disbanded the Republican Guard and the Baath party and thus provided well-trained soldiers for the ensuing insurgency.

By keeping the elements sympathetic to BH within the military albeit isolated; you can control them and turn them to your advantage.

The solution to the BH problem doesn't need the drastic measures you suggest. With firm political will: BH can be eradicated within 2-3 years.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by adamaw2tuf: 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2011
LET NO BODY BE DECEIVED BY THAT COCKROACH CALLED HIMSELF "ONYOCHA", IF ANYBODY WISH TO KNOW WHO HE REALLY IS OR WHAT HE STANDS FOR,I ADVICE THEY GO INTO HIS PROFILE AND JUDGE FOR THEMSELVES.THIS IS ONE OF THOSE AGENTS WHO MASQUARED ON MANY FALSE USERNAMES.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by member479760: 11:45pm On Dec 25, 2011
This another senseless idea coming from an honorable man mouth.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 11:48pm On Dec 25, 2011
ocelot2006:

This has got to be the most silly proposal I've heard. Like every other Nigerian, Northerner have the constitutional right to serve in the Nation's military and security services. Hell, they're even at the fore front in the fight against BH, and a lot have paid the ultimate price.

I personally would suggest that any new intake be SERIOUSLY VETTED, regardless of the place of origin or religion. Check for affiliations with extremist sects. Also run a polygraph test monthly for every other person. It will help.

The boldest shows that you acknowledge that there is a problem that needs to be addressed with radical methods. From your posts on NL, I am certain that you are a soldier, and that might be why you are skittish about what I have proposed.
Guess who will be affected by the hunt for extremist tendencies? lol!

Give us the sort of background info that your military experience would have given you over the years; tell us the sorts of mountains that will require climbing to get any misfits (and their friends friends) out of the army and police.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by begwong: 11:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
@op, i dont seem to get hw yr proposal will 'ever' see d light of the day.How many states has the SE that u want to be more recruited compared to that of the core north alone? U get lopesided inequality on the number of recruits always because every state is given equal number of candidates and do u know dat the emir of zaria alone is given an extra slots of may be one third of the SE since d recruits depot is within his domain? Has the Eze-ndigbo ever been given a slot?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by sheyguy: 12:19am On Dec 26, 2011
@op, one factor i would av like to u to use in ur proposal is the religious components of the core-north and north at large, the northern muslims av oppressed and victimised their christian bros for long and i think u can use that as well in favour of ur idea.
We also have the pleateau and southern kaduna who are mostly muslims among the core-north so i think it will be wise to use the oppressed among them to favour ur proposal.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by InnoAlex: 12:20am On Dec 26, 2011
What nonsense? Innocent people are dying and the President is so concern about subsidy removal, New plate number, New Drivers license, N1b for his food. God asked Samuel to anoint his son as a King in Israel but the Elders refused saying, how can you give us a king from your wayward Children? And God was vexed and gave them a King after their heart (Saul). Is GEJ saul of today?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 12:22am On Dec 26, 2011
ocelot2006:

This has got to be the most silly proposal I've heard. Like every other Nigerian, Northerner have the constitutional right to serve in the Nation's military and security services. Hell, they're even at the fore front in the fight against BH, and a lot have paid the ultimate price.

I wonder whether some of you fellow southerners even understand what the current crisis is all about.  undecided  cry

Why are we in this round of bombings by Boko Haram, and why are ALL Northern leaders maintaining a deafening silence, as hundreds and thousands of Nigerians (mainly non-Hausa/Fulani) are butchered daily, either through bombing, or "fulani herdsmen" massacres. 

Isn't this bombing because Jonathan (a minority southerner) was voted into office, and some Northern leaders threatened violence if he was "rigged in"?

You talk as if Nigeria is some European country with solid constitution and agreement about nationhood.  undecided
Dude, BH wants total islamisation of Nigeria, and Northern leaders are keeping silent. Why do you think that is the case? Why is Jonathan completely powerless inspite of being the "commander in chief"?  

Until some of you start telling yourselves the truth, Nigeria may soon go into an all out war.
I'm sure some of you would still be looking for some crazy pie in the sky.  undecided
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nadanbata: 12:30am On Dec 26, 2011
Onlytruth:

I wonder whether some of you fellow southerners even understand what the current crisis is all about.  undecided  cry

Why are we in this round of bombings by Boko Haram, and why are ALL Northern leaders maintaining a deafening silence, as hundreds and thousands of Nigerians (mainly non-Hausa/Fulani) are butchered daily, either through bombing, or "fulani herdsmen" massacres. 

Isn't this bombing because Jonathan (a minority southerner) was voted into office, and some Northern leaders threatened violence if he was "rigged in"?

You talk as if Nigeria is some European country with solid constitution and agreement about nationhood.  undecided
Dude, BH wants total islamisation of Nigeria, and Northern leaders are keeping silent. Why do you think that is the case? Why is Jonathan completely powerless inspite of being the "commander in chief"?  

Until some of you start telling yourselves the truth, Nigeria may soon go into an all out war.
I'm sure some of you would still be looking for some crazy pie in the sky.  undecided

Cant wait to see you the battlefield bros. lmaoo
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 12:32am On Dec 26, 2011
aletheia:

^Of course they have. . .but what is needed is a calm reasoned approach that involves isolating these elements and declawing and defanging them. Not all "core-northerners" are BH sympathizers or didn't you read how in Kano local Muslims chased down and help apprehend BH operatives? So we can hardly expect that in the military and police that all "core-northerners" are BH. Besides when you read the list of names of military and police BH-induced casualties, you will find that "core-northerners" predominate.

What you suggest is a sure fire way to feeding the sense of us-against-them that is almost inbred into the average far northerner and thus providing more recruits for the BH cause. We need to learn lessons from the American mistakes in Iraq. They disbanded the Republican Guard and the Baath party and thus provided well-trained soldiers for the ensuing insurgency.

By keeping the elements sympathetic to BH within the military albeit isolated; you can control them and turn them to your advantage.

The solution to the BH problem doesn't need the drastic measures you suggest. With firm political will: BH can be eradicated within 2-3 years.

I guess you are right in some ways. The catch all thing would make it seem that the rest of the country is out to defeat the core-North in is a measure that really rough at the edges; however it can be argued that boko haram is a core-Northern weapon of war against the rest of the country and its already a we and them situation, so niceties and civilty in response will lead to defeat.
In war, there can be few niceties, so long as human rights are not infringed on.

Considering what happened in Kano though, my proposal seems rather simplistic.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 12:37am On Dec 26, 2011
Nadanbata:

Cant wait to see you the battlefield bros. lmaoo

Yes o, I can't wait. cool
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by nduchucks: 12:45am On Dec 26, 2011
Beaf: Unfortunately, boko haram is asking that the entire country becomes a sharia entity, not just the core-North. So, if they cannot be purged from the army, it would take all out war to eject them from the country. A last gasp might be found in a national conference, but the fools would want to bomb that too.

Beaf, you are getting dumber as you age o.  cheesy  

Boko Haram, is asking that the entire country becomes a sharia entity and your recommendation for dealing with this terrorist organization which is at war with Nigeria is to implemet a bigoted plan of ethnic cleansing of army??  

Listen very carefully:

(1)Boko Haram and their sympathizers are a minority of the population in the North.
(2)They've declared a war against Nigeria and are successfully killing Nigerians at will.

When will the commander in chief defend Nigerians and fight this war?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by houvest: 12:53am On Dec 26, 2011
The Solution is a split along agrred and agreeable lines. I think even GEJ knows this but the C-in-C cannot pilot the break-up of his own country. It is us that need to start demanding this from all parts of the Country and this needs to be done properly and fast like USSR instead of badly like Yugoslavia.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 12:58am On Dec 26, 2011
houvest:

The Solution is a split along agrred and agreeable lines. I think even GEJ knows this but the C-in-C cannot pilot the break-up of his own country. [/b]It is us that need to start demanding this from all parts of the Country and this needs to be done properly and fast  like USSR[b] instead of badly like Yugoslavia.

My main fear is the second bolded.
BTW thanks houvest! You are perhaps the most intuitive and consummate poster on Nairaland. cool

I haven't had the opportunity to tell you that.  wink
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 1:03am On Dec 26, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, you are getting dumber as you age o.  cheesy  

Boko Haram, is asking that the entire country becomes a sharia entity and your recommendation for dealing with this terrorist organization which is at war with Nigeria is to implemet a bigoted plan of ethnic cleansing of army??  

Listen very carefully:

(1)Boko Haram and their sympathizers are a minority of the population in the North.
(2)They've declared a war against Nigeria and are successfully killing Nigerians at will.

When will the commander in chief defend Nigerians and fight this war?  

@ndu_chucks,

The commander in chief is standing on borrowed legs, you of all people should know that.
He needs his own legs. Now, I have to admit that growing your own legs needs solid balls.
The onus is on the President to grow some too if he doesn't have any.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by houvest: 2:17am On Dec 26, 2011
Thank you Eze. This actually means a lot coming from you.

Onlytruth:

My main fear is the second bolded.
BTW thanks houvest! You are perhaps the most intuitive and consummate poster on Nairaland. cool

I haven't had the opportunity to tell you that. wink
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by oybv101: 2:36am On Dec 26, 2011
perhaps we should have purged SS natives from the navy when mend were at their peak

this is the sort of nonsense we can expect from the likes of beaf.

boko haram is bombing the north. northern soldiers have no problem with killing their own - look at damaturu

another tim eit will be cage buhari

what sort of failed human beings are these gej bootlickers that try to turn every calamity to political benefit

the insiduois thug is , like his boss, trying to us boko haram to further a sinister personal agenda

small wonder some say gej may be behind boko haram -

after all, the man has told us more than once that they know the sponsors of boko haram
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by 2mch(m): 4:58am On Dec 26, 2011
As usual the spin doctor at work trying to divert attention from his master. Tell your oga to bring the heads of those that are responsible. Stop toying with Nigerian's lives. We know he must know who these people are. He is the CEO of this country, and he is responsible. Tell him to do his job, or accept defeat and step down if he cant. ode. I support equal representation from all zones, in equal numbers. This can be achieved by retiring the officers with football age, who are too fat or sick to do any physical training due to "premature aging"
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by zebudaya(m): 6:25am On Dec 26, 2011
Beaf don't blame the North, they suffer the brunt of the bombings. Blame your boss. Goodluck Jonathan . He is very unintelligent and is out of his league. One has to make a decison. Either hunt these people down or negotiate with them if you can't beat them. Instead of hoping "it would fizzle out" one day. Goodluck is extremely useless. 9/11 Happened and Bush & Obama went after Al-Qaeda, The Taliban and Afghanistan so hard they are reduced to planning underwear bombs right now. That's what your boss needs to do declare war on Boko Haram and it's sponsors, but he won't. Your populist crap idea is to remove core northerners from the military. How would that help the situation. SPIN Doctor. It only excites people who are too lazy to think. Simple minded folks. Remind your boss he is the Commander-in-Chief and for once let him command, let him lead.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by maclatunji: 7:16am On Dec 26, 2011
This has to be the dumbest thread I have ever read on Nairaland #Seriously.

To make matters worse, OP, is a Presidential Adviser! Later, he will say his Nairaland account was hacked!

You are proving to be a waste of national resources because we are actually paying you to feed us with this insipid nonsense through GEJ.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by pingpong1: 7:19am On Dec 26, 2011
zebudaya:

Beaf don't blame the North, they suffer the brunt of the bombings. Blame your boss. Goodluck Jonathan . He is very unintelligent and is out of his league. One has to make a decison. Either hunt these people down or negotiate with them if you can't beat them. Instead of hoping "it would fizzle out" one day. Goodluck is extremely useless. 9/11 Happened and Bush & Obama went after Al-Qaeda, The Taliban and Afghanistan so hard they are reduced to planning underwear bombs right now. That's what your boss needs to do declare war on Boko Haram and it's sponsors, but he won't. Your populist crap idea is to remove core northerners from the military. How would that help the situation. SPIN Doctor. It only excites people who are too lazy to think. Simple minded folks. Remind your boss he is the Commander-in-Chief and for once let him command, let him lead.
GBAM
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by homerac7: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2011
Ds thread is disgraceful and painfully worrisome.

Op is stupiid and many other ideeots followed his brainless ideas thinking they r smart. Ds isn't in anyway different from how boko haram or al shabab thinks. Thank God for d recent posters and few other earlier ones.

@ Moderator,

Pls lock and thrash ds disgraceful thread because its a shameful display of sectional hatred and religion bigotry.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Solozzo(m): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2011
Definitely NO. This is the kind of action that triggered off the civil war in 1966. Removing northern soldiers from the army is tribalism and injustice. Most of them are not involved in what is going on. Any soldier aiding boko haram can be severely punished.

My take is that GEJ should make peace with his party. The northern pdp is angry with him because he cheated them a term when he used presidential influence to breach their agreement to rotate presidency candidate between north and south. The bombings is the terrorist response to the injustice. He got warnings about this before the elections but was too greedy for power to take caution. He needs to consider how to make it up to them.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by badmrkt(m): 8:04am On Dec 26, 2011
perhaps this would bring this menace to an abrupt end.it's high time we took a drastic steps else these animals will wipe out the entire country and it's habitats
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2011
screwwww this idi8ot beaf, please try that! was it not the same army report that indicted your useless ijaw man NSA back when he was in the army for stealing weapons for the niger/delta (google it) now appointing him nsa to cause mischief, we all know whats happening (create a divide in the north to make thingds look bad right?) bring it on!!

we pray for the day shyt like that will happen and then dude advice all your bros to pack up and leave the north even the so called army so that we can shout hurray while the ibos kill all you stupid south south drunken monkey fokrs down there. nonesense!!
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by dayokanu(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2011
What a Retardeed opinion, How can you stop a section of the country from joining the army?
Like someone said, Were the SS barred from joining the navy during the MEND menace?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Pain(m): 8:22am On Dec 26, 2011
This is clearly a childish proposition and a recipe for anarchy. The civil war was fought because of the deep seated division and mistrust within the army. A distrust largely created by the selective justice of Nzeogwu and his cohorts. To propose this is to take us back by 50 years. What we need now is an assertive and purposeful leadership of which we lack in DumbJoe aka Mr Ibu.

What we have now is a slowpoke who failed to honor a gentleman's agreement but lacks the balls to hold the center as anarchy is now set loose upon the land.
Talk of things fall apart!
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Gbawe: 8:47am On Dec 26, 2011
homerac7:

Ds thread is disgraceful and painfully worrisome.

Op is stupiid and many other ideeots followed his brainless ideas thinking they r smart. Ds isn't in anyway different from how boko haram or al shabab thinks. Thank God for d recent posters and few other earlier ones.

@ Moderator,

Pls lock and thrash ds disgraceful thread because its a shameful display of sectional hatred and religion bigotry.

Indeed. Very regretable and ugly thread but not unexpected given the flip-flopping and clannish "dem vs us" nature of the OP. He would rather ask for the Sun to be destroyed than ask a person with sensitive skin to stay indoors when it is very sunny.

Everything OP suggests is usually foolish because it is always driven by a desire to shift blame away from GEJ. I have not commented on these Christmas day bombings because I am still too mad at the FG to even say anything. This is insane !!!! They threatened they would bomb Churches and they did it successfully !!! Where else would this happen in the world without the President and security chiefs , in view of all we have seen to date, stepping down immediately? On top of that we now have to now read sycophantic garbage touting intolerance, outright discrimination and ugly sectionalism. What next? Ethnic cleansing?

When GEJ insisted he must be President by all means, OP , when we warned of this scenario, bragged shamelessly of the "might" of the Presidency to do and undo. The silly bigot even naively boasted somewhere that Ihejirika is "our son" . He showed total ignorance in assuming , as GEJ and all those behind him did, that once the Presidency is in the bag then everything would by OK. Many of us told him otherwise. If he is a man , worthy of being called such, he should admit GEJ is weak instead of talking like an emotional wreck who wants oxygen banned for humanity because one weird individuals prefers carbon dioxide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest By Keke Operators In Aba Over Alleged Police Extortion / Governor Fayemi Reinstates Kolawole Olaiya, TUC Boss Removed By Fayose / Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Receives Maduka, Offers Prayers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.