Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,969 members, 7,952,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1718584 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2012
@A-40
Hey bro,i told u am not buying that Knicks circus and they proved me right last night against the Grizzs, i know u might be tempted to excuse them for one game, but if u look deeply u would realize what i mean, the Knicks live and die by 3 the points and when that is not going for them, they are rattled, they do not have a post game(save for R. Wallace), which is critical in post season, although i agree they are sharing the ball better than they did last season but their defense is still erratic..

Am not buying this Circus, they remain first rounders, at best second rounders in the post season for me.

November 17 2012
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
Roland17: @A-40
Hey bro,i told u am not buying that Knicks circus and they proved me right last night against the Grizzs, i know u might be tempted to excuse them for one game, but if u look deeply u would realize what i mean, the Knicks live and die by 3 the points and when that is not going for them, they are rattled, they do not have a post game(save for R. Wallace), which is critical in post season, although i agree they are sharing the ball better than they did last season but their defense is still erratic..

Am not buying this Circus, they remain first rounders, at best second rounders in the post season for me.
I swear, the fell apart this morning. they had no answers to the questions Memphis asked them. It was just SMH
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
Roland17: @A-40

Ninja chill! I never said they would go all the way all I said is They may be on to something.
Losing to the Grizzlies aint no shame! Arguably the best frontcourt in the league (Z-Bo,Marc Gasol,Rudy Gay) stop it man didn't they beat the Heat as well some days back?
Lol so Melo doesn't have a post game? Remember they are still missing Amare as well

Smh @ Mavs losing to a Danny Granger-less Pacers
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
A-40:

Lol so Melo doesn't have a post game? Remember they are still missing Amare as well

Smh @ Mavs losing to a Danny Granger-less Pacers

Don't tell me u have high expectations of an injury prone Amare this season? besides, Amare does not fit the Knicks, he fights to get space to post up cos of Chandler and Melo thus ends up shooting a jumper which the Knicks would prefer, so am not even buying the return of Amare as something huge.

As for the Mavs, i gave my predictions about them before the season commenced and it still remains same, they would suffer and would barely make the playoffs, Mark Cuban killed this team himself and pls no one should expect anything from Dirk when he comes back, i just feel sad for one of my favourite coaches Rick. Carlisle, he's just helpless.

Meanwhile, big ups to the Bobcats and Jordan for a 3 game winning streak and getting above the 500 pct, they have improved soo much.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2012
Roland17:

Don't tell me u have high expectations of an injury prone Amare this season? besides, Amare does not fit the Knicks, he fights to get space to post up cos of Chandler and Melo thus ends up shooting a jumper which the Knicks would prefer, so am not even buying the return of Amare as something huge.
He would help. The Lakers had Gasol,Odom,Bynum and Phil Jackson made it work. Size can be an advantage if well utilized. I don't remember saying the Knicks would win the title so chill bruh

Roland17:
As for the Mavs, i gave my predictions about them before the season commenced and it still remains same, they would suffer and would barely make the playoffs, Mark Cuban killed this team himself and pls no one should expect anything from Dirk when he comes back, i just feel sad for one of my favourite coaches Rick. Carlisle, he's just helpless.
Lol the team should expect nothing from the best player it has? I'm not saying the Mavs are going all the way but its Early days men!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2012
The Lakers must be counting their stars/ luck by selling Bynum, that Kid might never attain his potentials, he's just too injury prone, he went bowling last night and messed up his other leg, now the December target is unrealistic, Wishing him quicker recovery, i don't envy the Sixers right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 8:05am On Nov 19, 2012
Apart from the Celtics, I guess this morning's games went as expected.

Roland. What's happening na. My eastern team ain't impressing me
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2012
Honestly i feel worse than anyone here, Poor rebounding has made this season traumatic to say the least for me, we looked very tired against the pistons, shots were not falling in, rebounding the ball has been our problem and most athletic teams have taken advantage of this problem, we have been out-rebounded (Defensive and Offensive) even when we won games, weak side defense is worse.

Last season we were punished by Greg Monroe and Maxil and i was not surprised they did the same thing yesterday..
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 8:38am On Nov 19, 2012
I have to say, they looked weak. I mean it was just sad watching them play like that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Roland17: Honestly i feel worse than anyone here, Poor rebounding has made this season traumatic to say the least for me, we looked very tired against the pistons, shots were not falling in, rebounding the ball has been our problem and most athletic teams have taken advantage of this problem, we have been out-rebounded (Defensive and Offensive) even when we won games, weak side defense is worse.

Last season we were punished by Greg Monroe and Maxil and i was not surprised they did the same thing yesterday..
You people better start cheering for the Knicks! At the moment they look like the only team that can stop Miami in the East

Spurs vs Clippers should be live time to see how well they matchup after the Clips playoff sweep
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
A-40:

You people better start cheering for the Knicks! At the moment they look like the only team that can stop Miami in the East

Spurs vs Clippers should be live time to see how well they matchup after the Clips playoff sweep
That is one game I am looking forward to. I hope we do well against them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:42am On Nov 20, 2012
“The Clippers took it with their aggressiveness and their toughness, both mentally and physically.” – Coach Pop

Truth!!!!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mynd_44: “The Clippers took it with their aggressiveness and their toughness, both mentally and physically.” – Coach Pop

Truth!!!!!!!!!
And Billups isn't even back yet. I'd like to see how they handle OKC although I find that team really dangerous

Irving and Captain Jack out for at least a month potentially really bad news for the Cavs
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
A-40:

And Billups isn't even back yet. I'd like to see how they handle OKC although I find that team really dangerous

Irving and Captain Jack out for at least a month potentially really bad news for the Cavs
I hope so we survive oo.
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2012
1-4 with brown and 4-1 without him now u tell me what's up? Go Lakers and new coach!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2012
r231: 1-4 with brown and 4-1 without him now u tell me what's up? Go Lakers and new coach!!!!!
I am glad sha
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lol I'm convinced Cuban is planning a mega-trade somewhere along the line this season! Losing to the Warriors? These niggas can't be serious men

Lakers are looking good but would like to see how they fare against OKC,Clippers,Grizzlies just to be sure they've turned the corner
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
A-40:
Lol I'm convinced Cuban is planning a mega-trade somewhere along the line this season! Losing to the Warriors? These niggas can't be serious men

Lakers are looking good but would like to see how they fare against OKC,Clippers,Grizzlies just to be sure they've turned the corner
They better make a trade
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
And D'Antoni cops his first loss against the worst team in the West! Seems the Lakers are going back to them early post-shaq days when only Kobe played ball. Even at 34 ninja is still comfortably leading the scorer's chart
Somebody tell Dwight to stop clowning and take off that headband grin grin

That Clippers vs Thunder game was live!
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
A-40:
And D'Antoni cops his first loss against the worst team in the West! Seems the Lakers are going back to them early post-shaq days when only Kobe played ball. Even at 34 ninja is still comfortably leading the scorer's chart
Somebody tell Dwight to stop clowning and take off that headband grin grin

That Clippers vs Thunder game was live!
Dont make me die laughing abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
Dont make me die laughing abeg

laugh now grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
r231:

laugh now grin
Message for you

Its R231 4 me,if he isn't interested den I dey sit down look mode & share popcornwit mynd
https://www.nairaland.com/1110552/wooing-challenge-season-2-reloaded#13069250
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
Message for you

Its R231 4 me,if he isn't interested den I dey sit down look mode & share popcornwit mynd
https://www.nairaland.com/1110552/wooing-challenge-season-2-reloaded#13069250

got it boss.......good looking out grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:58am On Nov 23, 2012
I don't know which is worse Bynum's Afro or seeing Dwight on a headband
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 2:37am On Nov 23, 2012
A-40:
I don't know which is worse Bynum's Afro or seeing Dwight on a headband

All of the above grin

For some reason, he doesn't look too happy with the Lakers undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:27am On Nov 23, 2012
r231:

All of the above grin

Maybe he is happy and he has a bad way of showing it
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:00am On Nov 23, 2012
r231:

All of the above grin

Shoulda waited till Kobe retired! I mean just look at how Kobe is still balling! And Duncan too. Puts a lot of younger guys in this league to shame including Dwight
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:39am On Nov 23, 2012
Whoever told Bynum a head band looked good on him simply hated him angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:57am On Nov 23, 2012
Roland17: Whoever told Bynum a head band looked good on him simply hated him angry angry
Y'all are just being mean
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:21am On Nov 24, 2012
18 points 9 rebounds and 4 assists, for K.G tonight against a younger and more athletic Thunder bench really gladdened my heart, a first round Hall of Fame ballot without any doubt, we came out with a good fight, our bench outscored the thunders bench, am glad our rebounding improved especially offensively, i hope we can rectify that aspect of our game.

Good win tonight, guys, i think Memphis are on a mission this season, i just hope they can put it together in the post season.
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 4:26am On Nov 24, 2012
Another bad night for the lakers smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:12am On Nov 24, 2012
Lakers why na?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.