Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,284 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624551 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:11am On Oct 26, 2018
Could not score before, now cannot miss. Gotta love basketball
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:13am On Oct 26, 2018
I hope Celtics have a plan to pay Marcus Morris.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:37am On Oct 26, 2018
Uncle Drewww
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:42am On Oct 26, 2018
A40:
I hope Celtics have a plan to pay Marcus Morris.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:44am On Oct 26, 2018
We continue to come out of the gate lethargic. Once we figure out our energy and intensity from the start we will get the chemistry.

Morris is definitely an important player for us on both ends and I am always excited to see him come in. He brings some control and toughness to our game. We must improve our rebounding.

It may take a while but I expected this situation considering the players returning from injury.
#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:51am On Oct 26, 2018
Lool same way Boston robbed OKC last year. Same Marcus Morris. That city is charmed!

OKC now 0-4. Westbrook can be such a donkey at times always making poor decisions in the clutch. Paul George is also a 4th quarter bottler so there's is a match made in choking heaven

Actually I saw somewhere

There are 125 players in NBA history that have attempted at least 2500 three-pointers. Russell Westbrook is 124th in three-point percentage.

Is he unaware of these stats? Because that's the only explanation for what he did tonight
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:52am On Oct 26, 2018
aliondo:
What a time to play the Celtics,when we never get our selves yet...Roland and Co.,have mercy!!!! grin grin grin cheesy
You guys threw this game away
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:56am On Oct 26, 2018
Kristi Ledlow and Allie LaForce no go kukuma kill me.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:27am On Oct 26, 2018
McGee ti wa di Ebora ba yi oo
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:32am On Oct 26, 2018
birdman:

Mercy no dey im dictionary. Jus get ready lol
Your Rockets really want to mortgage their future for Jimmy Butler? Really?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2018
A40:
grin grin like this is another Celtics fleecing the nets move. 4 freaking first rounders.

Jimmy butler is due for a renewal next yr. How do dy renew when they just gave big contracs to harden, Chris Paul, capela. To compound things PJ and Eric Gordon are vital pieces.
This is a "turrible move" like Chuck would say.
Its either going to be a one year rental for butler or they gut their depth to renew him.

Despite this, their window to beat the warriors and win the NBA is probably one season because the Celtics are going to figure it out sooner than later or they will simply trade for Anthony Davis.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2018
Reports say that after Lonzo's performance against the Nuggets,in the dressing room,He said to his coach-I hope I have managed to convince you,and not confuse you...that Rajon Rondo should definitely not be starting over me.(WOJ)
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2018
BykeLaByke:
Reports say that after Lonzo's performance against the Nuggets,in the dressing room,He said to his coach-I hope I have managed to convince you,and not confuse you...that Rajon Rondo should definitely not be starting over me.(WOJ)
This Wan na BykeBomb
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2018
etidy:

grin grin like this is another Celtics fleecing the nets move. 4 freaking first rounders.

Jimmy butler is due for a renewal next yr. How do dy renew when they just gave big contracs to harden, Chris Paul, capela. To compound things PJ and Eric Gordon are vital pieces.
This is a "turrible move" like Chuck would say.
Its either going to be a one year rental for butler or they gut their depth to renew him.

Despite this, their window to beat the warriors and win the NBA is probably one season because the Celtics are going to figure it out sooner than later or they will simply trade for Anthony Davis.

I still want to believe it's fake news sha or maybe it's because I no too rate Jimmy Butler but I want to believe no actual GM can be that stewpid

Let's see how it turns out. Can't blame the Rockets for being desperate after coming so close last year but they need to avoid a Nets situation

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2018
Hardetayour:
This Wan na BykeBomb
grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
BykeLaByke:

Woj ko, Woss wobi ni...
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
LeBron ruined Cleveland. He ruined the whole city.

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
Giannis Freaking Antetokounmpo!
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
SmooshCHN:
LeBron ruined Cleveland. He ruined the whole city.
d guy dey smoke pot, see him lips.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
A40:
I still want to believe it's fake news sha or maybe it's because I no too rate Jimmy Butler but I want to believe no actual GM can be that stewpid

Let's see how it turns out. Can't blame the Rockets for being desperate after coming so close last year but they need to avoid a Nets situation

It's like some evil spirit has possessed our GM. This deep need to pickup up "statistically efficient" players will get us in trouble.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
etidy:

The Celtics are going to figure it out sooner than later or they will simply trade for Anthony Davis.

This is the trade I am waiting for and I have a gut feeling the Celtics will give it a shot, especially considering we have the pieces. I understand some low key moves have already started. Everyone who bleeds green spares thoughts about this possibility.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2018
I will be shocked if Minny bites on the deal for 4 first round picks. I know KAT is whining but I don't see much benefit in mortgaging a present great team for future low draft picks.

The only way the butler trade happens if KAT refuses to shoot the ball until Butler is gone grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
Roland17:

This is the trade I am waiting for and I have a gut feeling the Celtics will give it a shot, especially considering we have the pieces. I understand some low key moves have already started. Everyone who bleeds green spares thoughts about this possibility.

Davis would be too expensive in terms of the marquee players they would give up, no?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
A40:

To Morey's defense, we probably get lousy draft picks for the foreseeable future. Which is why I think the wolves won't bite
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
birdman:

Davis would be too expensive in terms of the marquee players they would give up, no?

Would it be expensive? Yes, do we have the pieces? Absolutely yes and we may have to make some tough decisions. We are definitely going to give up one of Tatum or Brown, my suspicion is Brown because D. Ainge and the owners have made it clear Tatum is untouchable.

We have 3 first round picks and 2 second round pick in the upcoming draft, pieces include Rozier, Ojeleye and Robert William. That is more than enough even though it will not take all of them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2018
birdman:
I will be shocked if Minny bites on the deal for 4 first round picks. I know KAT is whining but I don't see much benefit in mortgaging a present great team for future low draft picks.

The only way the butler trade happens if KAT refuses to shoot the ball until Butler is gone grin

The Wolves have invested long term with KAT and Wiggins. Don't forget they still have to figure out Teague and T. Gibson's contract situations after this season.

While offering 4 1st round picks is a lot in my opinion, I think it makes the Rockets way better than they are now. I think they are desperate and are pushing hard considering the realities of their roster and the conference. You have to also realize that the owner wants Butler out even though Tibs thinks differently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2018
Roland17:

Would it be expensive? Yes, do we have the pieces? Absolutely yes and we may have to make some tough decisions. We are definitely going to give up one of Tatum or Brown, my suspicion is Brown because D. Ainge and the owners have made it clear Tatum is untouchable.

We have 3 first round picks and 2 second round pick in the upcoming draft, pieces include Rozier, Ojeleye and Robert William. That is more than enough even though it will not take all of them.

What you just outlined is expensive, sure. But it is not painful. I should have used the word sacrificial instead. Trading away Davis is like giving away your first born, so a reciprocal is needed grin

Celtics will likely have to part with Kyrie or Hayward in addition to a Tatum or Brown for example. Considering how coach Brad makes ok players look great, I think they ask for even more just to be sure they don't get another IT
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
Roland17:

The Wolves have invested long term with KAT and Wiggins. Don't forget they still have to figure out Teague and T. Gibson's contract situations after this season.

While offering 4 1st round picks is a lot in my opinion, I think it makes the Rockets way better than they are now. I think they are desperate and are pushing hard considering the realities of their roster and the conference. You have to also realize that the owner wants Butler out even though Tibs thinks differently.

Desperate really?

So U consider adding at best an A+ ( or A- to most) player to challenge a team that can possibly post an all USA team or a team considered to be the best in the past 3-6 years..

At what point do U consider a trade to challenge the Warriors now is a good transfer?

Are the Rockets being oversighted or undersighted with the consideration they do get Butler conceding those picks and they just win WCF this season?

Pls answer that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
HouseOfWine:

Desperate really?

So U consider adding at best an A+ ( or A- to most) player to challenge a team that can possibly post an all USA team or a team considered to be the best in the past 3-6 years..

At what point do U consider a trade to challenge the Warriors now is a good transfer?

Are the Rockets being oversighted or undersighted with the consideration they do get Butler conceding those picks and they just win WCF this season?

Pls answer that.

Baba, your first paragraph is incomplete. I don’t understand the main idea of that paragraph.

That being said, we may be making the same argument. If you read closely you will observe that I said adding Butler makes the Rocker way better than they are now. You are not getting to the western conference with just Harden, Capela, Cp3 and Gordon, not after you lost Ariza and M‘bah Moutte. Where is the depth? You also have to consider teams like the Jazz, Pelicans Nuggets and Spurs would have strong says and have gotten better.

So I am not questioning the addition of Butler and that is why I said the realities of the conference which represents the Warriors and other teams that have gotten better. Truth be told, the Rockets with this current roster can not get to western conference. If they did they will arrive burnt and spent.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
Roland17:

You are not getting to the western conference with just Harden, Capela, Cp3 and Gordon, not after you lost Ariza and M‘bah Moutte. Where is the depth

You skipped Melo...

Why did you skip Melo? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2018
Decale:

You skipped Melo...

Why did you skip Melo? grin

It was intentional like you must have guessed. He has no value as far as I am concerned. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:42am On Oct 27, 2018
Shey everybody is happy now..Minny playing like crap. Butler come home jare grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.