Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625318 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
Roland17:
We have started games very slow this season and we were punished playing catch up against the Magic.
What is happening to Jaylen Brown? He looks to have regressed horribly thus far, Hayward clearly isn't at a 100% but it has to be said that the offense isn't clicking as it should.

Scoring has been on the high side this new season but be like una still dey sleep
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:
Bron misses the midrange jumpshot grin grin grin
Anothe L for Bron and the Lakers... Pop and Aldridge won this one!!
DeRozan just faded out of the game when it mattered most, good thing others stepped up. Aldridge was big in this one, Lakers had no answer for him
Only God fit cure am from him Bronophobia. He can be quite a mental midget sometimes and it's tragic cos he's a really good player
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:03am On Oct 24, 2018
birdman:

He has to play d old man game...too many playoff miles. Coast until all star break. By then team should have gelled some
Lmaooo coast for West? 3 games separated 3rd seed to 9th last year. Every game counts and LeNomad is playing with fire

HouseOfWine:

Lol hell yeah! At least CP can know his fight wasnt futile, unlike some ppl grin

But damn, half a milli fine! Thats outrageous.
Owo pampers. Is he not getting $40m this year?
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:57am On Oct 24, 2018
This na Drummond vs Embiid.. Battle of the Bigs grin
na Drummond dey bully Embiid here tho
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 1:23am On Oct 24, 2018
This Pelicans team looks scary in defense sha. AD and Mirotic just dey bully everyone here
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:31am On Oct 24, 2018
I would never understand people that make 3 pointers, contested with hands on their faces and buzzer beaters; but find it hard to make simple free throws.

Those players belong in a vault...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:17am On Oct 24, 2018
A40:

Lmaooo coast for West? 3 games separated 3rd seed to 9th last year. Every game counts and LeNomad is playing with fire

Boss u wicked small grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:22am On Oct 24, 2018
Decale:
I would never understand people that make 3 pointers, contested with hands on their faces and buzzer beaters; but find it hard to make simple free throws.

Those players belong in a vault...

Some people focus better when you pressure them. Bball is a mind game indeed
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:50am On Oct 24, 2018
A40:
What is happening to Jaylen Brown? He looks to have regressed horribly thus far, Hayward clearly isn't at a 100% but it has to be said that the offense isn't clicking as it should.

Scoring has been on the high side this new season but be like una still dey sleep

Bob, some fans think the rookie wall, typically after the all-star and sophomore slump are myths, not me. I was one of the few fans who were worried about Brown going into this season because he did not experience the latter last season which was his sophomore season. I think it is also important for us to note that this is the first season he is actually playing with the Celtics at full strength. Last season without Hayward and Kyrie he improved numerous aspects of his game and showed it on the court. I think the return of Hayward, Tatum's continuous surge and the dominance of Kyrie may have affected his psyche about his role with this team.
Good thing, we have a good coach in Stevens who I believe will help him get back to his groove. It is still early days, but it is obvious Brown is not in sync and is struggling. I have been impressed with Hayward's contribution to be honest, he has good rhythm and is finding his shot and space on the court. I believe he will build momentum as the season goes on, don't forget, his minutes are heavily restricted and he is not allowed to play back to back when games are on consecutive days.
The Celtics need to start early, we seem to come out lethargic and end up playing catch. We need to assert our game early and build from there. We also need to improve rebounding efforts on both ends. If you analyze out losses to the Magic and the Raptors, you will notice we could not grab the rebounds and this is abnormal for this team. I love the transition offense especially when Kyrie is around the bucket.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:00am On Oct 24, 2018
A40:

The Lakers have only 1 season, 2 max to get anything out of LeBum. Since he won his last ring, he stopped playing defense, this was very obvious last season and we are seeing it this season. Father time may grant him this season but that is it. The Lakers have not done themselves any good either because they lack perimeter scoring. Lonzo is streaking but that is only for a short while until the players begin to actually pay attention to his perimeter shooting.
Countering their interior offense is very simple because it is actually built around McGee. Take McGee out and they have no replacement or presence under the rim. Teams will look to get McGee in foul trouble and take it from there.
When he walked up to take the free throws, I knew his demons were coming to haunt him again and that is why it is difficult to move him past Kobe, worth more MJ for me. Kobe walks to that free throw line and drains both throws without blinking because he is clutch.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:46am On Oct 24, 2018
Roland17:

The Lakers have only 1 season, 2 max to get anything out of LeBum. Since he won his last ring, he stopped playing defense, this was very obvious last season and we are seeing it this season. Father time may grant him this season but that is it. The Lakers have not done themselves any good either because they lack perimeter scoring. Lonzo is streaking but that is only for a short while until the players begin to actually pay attention to his perimeter shooting.
Countering their interior offense is very simple because it is actually built around McGee. Take McGee out and they have no replacement or presence under the rim. Teams will look to get McGee in foul trouble and take it from there.
When he walked up to take the free throws, I knew his demons were coming to haunt him again and that is why it is difficult to move him past Kobe, worth more MJ for me. Kobe walks to that free throw line and drains both throws without blinking because he is clutch.
Kobe drilled it with a torn Achilles tendon and walked off the floor. Kanye said it first; NO MORE PARTIES IN L.A.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
Roland17:

Bob, some fans think the rookie wall, typically after the all-star and sophomore slump are myths, not me. I was one of the few fans who were worried about Brown going into this season because he did not experience the latter last season which was his sophomore season. I think it is also important for us to note that this is the first season he is actually playing with the Celtics at full strength. Last season without Hayward and Kyrie he improved numerous aspects of his game and showed it on the court. I think the return of Hayward, Tatum's continuous surge and the dominance of Kyrie may have affected his psyche about his role with this team.
Good thing, we have a good coach in Stevens who I believe will help him get back to his groove. It is still early days, but it is obvious Brown is not in sync and is struggling. I have been impressed with Hayward's contribution to be honest, he has good rhythm and is finding his shot and space on the court. I believe he will build momentum as the season goes on, don't forget, his minutes are heavily restricted and he is not allowed to play back to back when games are on consecutive days.
The Celtics need to start early, we seem to come out lethargic and end up playing catch. We need to assert our game early and build from there. We also need to improve rebounding efforts on both ends. If you analyze out losses to the Magic and the Raptors, you will notice we could not grab the rebounds and this is abnormal for this team. I love the transition offense especially when Kyrie is around the bucket.
I have seen a bit of Brown and I observed he is a bit rigid compared to say a Jayson Tatum. His style is borderline robotic. With ball dominant guys like Kyrie, Hayward back Brown needs to find a way to be effective without the ball

It's on Stevens as well to try and make the offense work. Something is a bit off
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
Roland17:

I think LeNomad would always thrive as a facilitator, that will probably never leave him plus it's a style that ages well.

As a defender though I have always told people that LeNomad is a blehh one on one defender he relies mainly on athleticism not fundamentals. His strength has always been his help and weakside defense, I liken him to an NFL safety

Once the athleticism declines even a bit the lack of fundamentals would become worse and of course you invariably start taking plays off.

I think overall minus the lack of outside shooting the team is pretty good, they lack of quality bigs but their size and length on the wings make up for that. However the way analysts were falling over themselves tagging them a playoff team cos of LeNomad I found a bit odd. Teams especially from the West would be fired up to play against them just for that. Look at all their 3 games so far and you would almost think the playoffs have started
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:34am On Oct 25, 2018
Is this Luka Doncic really 19? Cos I can see him do some grown moves.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:48am On Oct 25, 2018
A40:

I think LeNomad would always thrive as a facilitator, that will probably never leave him plus it's a style that ages well.

As a defender though I have always told people that LeNomad is a blehh one on one defender he relies mainly on athleticism not fundamentals. His strength has always been his help and weakside defense, I liken him to an NFL safety

Once the athleticism declines even a bit the lack of fundamentals would become worse and of course you invariably start taking plays off.

I think overall minus the lack of outside shooting the team is pretty good, they lack of quality bigs but their size and length on the wings make up for that. However the way analysts were falling over themselves tagging them a playoff team cos of LeNomad I found a bit odd. Teams especially from the West would be fired up to play against them just for that. Look at all their 3 games so far and you would almost think the playoffs have started

3 games into the season and you are writing epistles. Where is roland17, make im gist you how Lebron snatched the heart out of the celtics team in d playoffs with that KING KONG roar last year angry

The king is not worried, you will all bow, las las
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:50am On Oct 25, 2018
birdman:

3 games into the season and you are writing epistles. Where is roland17, make im gist you how Lebron snatched the heart out of the celtics team in d playoffs with that KING KONG roar last year angry

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:59am On Oct 25, 2018
A40:
Is this Luka Doncic really 19? Cos I can see him do some grown moves.

Bobz,

That is because the kid already played 3 seasons of professional basketball in Europe with Real Madrid. You can see his calmness and composure with the ball. He does not seem fazed by anything. This may resurrect the argument about rookie of the year again if he is in the mix, which I have no doubt he will be.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:06am On Oct 25, 2018
birdman:

You no like Bow Wow

Lmaooo. You think this is the East? You must be having a laugh if you think LeNomad can come out West and pull those yeye stunts. He is going to need a marquee free agent or two for the Lakers to compete. His best option for now is to rack up wins against rubbish Eastern conference teams to try and stay afloat

Jokes apart what have I said that is inaccurate about LeNomad and the Lakers? Isn't he a defensive sieve especially right now. Aren't they deep in the wings department but could use some outside shooting?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:15am On Oct 25, 2018
Roland17:

Bobz,

That is because the kid already played 3 seasons of professional basketball in Europe with Real Madrid. You can see his calmness and composure with the ball. He does not seem fazed by anything. This may resurrect the argument about rookie of the year again if he is in the mix, which I have no doubt he will be.
Still lacking some physicality but it's rare to see 'rookies' with such a soft floater and step back J's that are this polished. And his ball-handling! Did you see that gbe lo gbe bo vs the Bulls?

He already has go-to moves this early in the league which is quite rare. Anyway make we dey continue to observe.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:18am On Oct 25, 2018
birdman:

Are you seriously comparing the Celtics to the Warriors? Don’t forget, the short handed Celtics (without Kyrie and Hayward) took Bron to game 7 and this was after Bron and the Cavs were down 2-0. No western conference contender will allow Bron come back from 2-0 down to win a 7 game series.

Bron dominated the eastern conference but this is a totally different conference at a different stage in his career.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 1:41am On Oct 25, 2018
Arrgghhhh....A bit of Kawhi GOATnard. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:42am On Oct 25, 2018
A40:
Still lacking some physicality but it's rare to see 'rookies' with such a soft floater and step back J's that are this polished. And his ball-handling! Did you see that gbe lo gbe bo vs the Bulls?

He already has go-to moves this early in the league which is quite rare. Anyway make we dey continue to observe.

European players are better prepared for the NBA as far as fundamentals and skills because those are emphasized early on, so I am not surprised Doncic has these attributes for his position.

I agree he needs to build some meat, I would hope it is nothing serious though because I love how he effortlessly glides through pick and rolls even though he lacks the pace and power.

He is currently torching the Hawks. Funny thing is, Doncic has taken the attention away from Dennis Smith who were all ready to watch this season but the arrival of Doncic seem to have cooled the attention on Dennis Smith.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 2:11am On Oct 25, 2018
KAT stinking up the whole Toronto. lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:12am On Oct 25, 2018
You let your best player go but kept the worst coach in the NBA??

Make my Bulls play this Cavs first before dem sack am...grin
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 2:19am On Oct 25, 2018
aARRRGGHHHH....OG ANUNOBEEEAAASSSST.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 2:36am On Oct 25, 2018
This Raptors team is Scary mehn grin grin Meanwhile, Spurs the understand the meaning of DeRozan the choker
Jazz with defense like rock, this Mitchell dey ball.. Rockets no know wetin hit them, no motivation grin grin They need CP3
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 2:36am On Oct 25, 2018
Meanwhile, Cavs no get coach
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 2:38am On Oct 25, 2018
Kawhit in MVP mode!
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 2:41am On Oct 25, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:
Kawhit in MVP mode!
Kawhi na BEAST!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:44am On Oct 25, 2018
Roland17:

European players are better prepared for the NBA as far as fundamentals and skills because those are emphasized early on, so I am not surprised Doncic has these attributes for his position.

I agree he needs to build some meat, I would hope it is nothing serious though because I love how he effortlessly glides through pick and rolls even though he lacks the pace and power.

He is currently torching the Hawks. Funny thing is, Doncic has taken the attention away from Dennis Smith who were all ready to watch this season but the arrival of Doncic seem to have cooled the attention on Dennis Smith.
On the dennis smith matter, the guy just stunked it up against hawks in the 4th quarter. Him matter don tire me.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:45am On Oct 25, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:
Meanwhile, Cavs no get coach

Lol. We have been preaching this sermon for years. Wind don blow, ynash don open. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:55am On Oct 25, 2018
Vince Carter may as well never retire. It is not even the fact that he is 41 and playing in his 20th season but the man is still on the rotation and playing in good minutes for his teams. I know many veterans who are even younger and can not even manage a single appearance on the court.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.