Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,300 members, 7,957,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:25 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1723598 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
Eruditor:

How did I doubt him?

Abi did you forget that Jazz beat GSW a couple of times last regular season? Playoffs is a different kettle of fish. That I scoffed at Raptors is because they are simply not as good as GSW. No team I have seen in this present NBA is as good comparing peak performances. Besides, Kawhi was in Spurs when KD used to beat him and the spurs with OKC so nothing new. Kawhi is a top 5 player that is all.
I mean his ability to carry the Raptors to the Eastern Conference finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
aliondo:

I mean his ability to carry the Raptors to the Eastern Conference finals.

I don't doubt him. Never did. I called him top 4/5 that means I rate him. I don't believe he is better than KD as some people claim though.

Raptors can get to ECF. Will they beat Celtics? Jury is still out.
I am not buying the regular season hype. They barely beat GSW with Curry out and on their ground but blew us out in oracle with Curry playing. So I am not yet convinced they were not lucky.

Time will tell.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
bout time Ariza got paid. All these huge contracts flying around for tomorrow supposed superstars...somebody drop something for a player playing with heart
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
birdman:
bout time Ariza got paid. All these huge contracts flying around for tomorrow supposed superstars...somebody drop something for a player playing with heart

Worrrrrddddd!!!!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
birdman:

Chandler Parsons is sipping zobo somewhere reading this...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2018
Don't care what anyone says. James Harden and those refs need to be investigated. You literally can't breath around him. And he shouldn't even breath around you too cos it's a f*cking foul against you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Don't care what anyone says. James Harden and those refs need to be investigated. You literally can't breath around him. And he shouldn't even breath around you too cos it's a f*cking foul against you.
the ability to get to d line is a skill. The ability to sell fouls is something not every superstar can do. James harden is an offensive genius he uses dat skill and it works,,,it's become part of his game,the Lakers shot 29 free throws while d rockets shot about 34 if Im correct,but the lakers I think made about 13,with LeBron converting only 2 out of 6.and James harden converting 18 out of 19.with that aside lebron has proved to be a poor free throw shooter,even if he gets to d line as much as harden does, I doubt he would do as well as harden does. Harden hard 50 points last game,take the 18 free throws out hez left with 32...still has a 30 point triple double. Rockets are currently 13th on the ladder hez got do everything to win bro.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:33am On Dec 16, 2018
rotimi9:
the ability to get to d line is a skill. The ability to sell fouls is something not every superstar can do. James harden is an offensive genius he uses dat skill and it works,,,it's become part of his game,the Lakers shot 29 free throws while d rockets shot about 34 if Im correct,but the lakers I think made about 13,with LeBron converting only 2 out of 6.and James harden converting 18 out of 19.with that aside lebron has proved to be a poor free throw shooter,even if he gets to d line as much as harden does, I doubt he would do as well as harden does. Harden hard 50 points last game,take the 18 free throws out hez left with 32...still has a 30 point triple double. Rockets are currently 13th on the ladder hez got do everything to win bro.
Uncle, all those epistle no concern me. All the other NBA superstars are idiōts abi? Nobody wants to watch refs blow the fúcking whistle every 5secs. I don't know how you guys watch him flop his way out of everything. Not like Houston's game is fun to watch to begin with and then you add a whistle blowing like a 5secs metronome.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:53am On Dec 16, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Uncle, all those epistle no concern me. All the other NBA superstars are idiōts abi? Nobody wants to watch refs blow the fúcking whistle every 5secs. I don't know how you guys watch him flop his way out of everything. Not like Houston's game is fun to watch to begin with and then you add a whistle blowing like a 5secs metronome.

If I posted this they will say I complain too much.

The other game when Spurs played Lakers, Jesus. DeRozan was untouchable. I am not a Lebtard but I felt for him that day.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:37am On Dec 16, 2018
Eruditor:

If I posted this they will say I complain too much.

The other game when Spurs played Lakers, Jesus. DeRozan was untouchable. I am not a Lebtard but I felt for him that day.
I don't know who in their right senses brought in that "don't breath rule near this guy" rule or who supports it. You literally can't touch some guys in the league and they can't touch you either. Harden surely gets fouled everytime his shower blows hot. That rule ruins the game for me.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:06am On Dec 16, 2018
Decale:

he played cuban, whom i hate deeply. so... i forgive grin
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 8:08am On Dec 16, 2018
LebronZo with the triple-dub.....

Lmaooooooo....too freaking easy. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2018
4th seed and we haven't even scratched the surface. grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2018
Decale:

The finesse gawd! Jabari Parker is his new student. Who is that your GM sef?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:29am On Dec 16, 2018
birdman:

he played cuban, whom i hate deeply. so... i forgive grin
He played Cuban? Well I'm sure the Grizzlies will have something to say about that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2018
birdman:
Are the Wizards paying him long term? He turns 34 next year though so I don't know how smart that would be. What's doing the Wizards sef ehn it remains to be seen if Ariza can fix it but they were smart to offload Oubre. They badly overpaid for Porter Jr and it's part of why they are in salary cap hell atm.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:48am On Dec 16, 2018
A40:
The finesse gawd! Jabari Parker is his new student. Who is that your GM sef?

The guy dey do wealth distribution

In other news, we beat Spurs at AT&T center without our overpaid guys. Spurs are really shïtttt grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:51am On Dec 16, 2018
Decale:

The guy dey do wealth distribution

In other news, we beat Spurs at AT&T center without our overpaid guys. Spurs are really shïtttt grin grin
Lol I've now seen why Masai traded DeRozan. This his phobia for shooting 3's is becoming nauseating. I don't like when a player continuously chooses not to improve on his weaknesses.

Last night 21 points on 23 shots. He is a big part of their problems atm
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
BykeLaByke:
4th seed and we haven't even scratched the surface. grin grin grin
not for long wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
Roland17:

I try to see one live game every year, especially when I am out of town but this year has been an exception. My first live game was the Bucks v Bulls at the Bradley Center and it was surreal watching D. Rose when he was still healthy. Dude was a freak of nature with his speed, athletism, control, and power for his frame when I saw it live and close. That is why I have a soft spot for D. Rose because I saw what he could do when he was healthy. Some guys on this thread also watch live games. I know Donlittle, Lola and others go to games and have shared experiences. It is not complicated, it's pretty easy, parking may be the only challenge if you choose to drive into the arena because they are quite expensive especially in big cities/ NBA markets.

You can buy authentic tickets from different websites apart from NBA.com, you have StubHub, Ticketmaster, Scorebig, SeatGeek, and other secondary resellers. The prices depend on the teams playing and the stage of the season. Playoff games are more expensive than regular season tickets, that being said, there is a price for every pocket (in fact, some tickets starting at $10) in most cases. If you are in a small market or a team doing poorly and tanking, look for when the smaller teams are coming for very very cheap/ affordable tickets if you want to get your first NBA experience. e.g: If you live around NY, a home game between the Nets vs Suns will be very cheap and you can get good seating to get a great first NBA experience. If you live around LA (2 teams), Texas (3 teams), find out when small teams are coming to town and you can score cheap/ affordable tickets for your first NBA game experience. At least $50 should get you into the arena for these games.

However, if you want a closer view of the court and a better view experience, the mid-low levels of most courts in big cities, you should be ready to shell above $90-$100. Again this depends on the team coming into town. For example, I have been looking at the ticket prices for the Celtics v Lakers game at the TD Garden in February 2019 and the higher levels are starting from $190 worth more mid-low/ courtside are over $390-$1K.

All in all, it is always a great experience.
hmm!!nice one boss, please when next you're in a live game, please create a thread about it,so that we can also experience an NBA game through your eyes.But there's one question that's always bugging me,these NBA teams always spend money as if they have a machine that prints dollars for them(most NBA teams have a payroll that run into hundreds millions of dollars, especially nowadays that a lot of players have contract worth $40m and above) how do these teams get such insane amount of money to throw around?i have realised that American basketball teams spend more than some of the biggest european teams on player's salary alone. Lebron contract with Lakers is worth $154m(that's just a player for the Lakers oo), Clint capela's with Houston is $80m.how do they get such money?i know ticket sales can never generate such amount and basketball has not really taken over the globe like soccer.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2018
rotimi9:
not for long wink
Stay there na.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2018
A40:
Are the Wizards paying him long term? He turns 34 next year though so I don't know how smart that would be. What's doing the Wizards sef ehn it remains to be seen if Ariza can fix it but they were smart to offload Oubre. They badly overpaid for Porter Jr and it's part of why they are in salary cap hell atm.

I doubt it is long term, considering they want to blow the team up. Or maybe Ariza whoops Wall once in practice and the young(er) man comes to his senses and Wizards magically get better grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2018
aliondo:

I dont mean Kawhi's personal abilities...I mean his ability to carry the Raptors to the Eastern Conference finals.They(Raptors) have always been criticised for failing to reach the Conference finals after performing well in the regular season.

Raptors are the favorites imo. No Lebron means no fear. Plus no more bromance in d middle of a game. I agree Kawhi still needs to show he can carry a team come playoffs, but that last game as a Spur against Warriors is tantalising.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2018
birdman:

I doubt it is long term, considering they want to blow the team up. Or maybe Ariza whoops Wall once in practice and the young(er) man comes to his senses and Wizards magically get better grin
Too much is being made about this John Wall matter. He's doing his part IMO. They just haven't always surrounded him with the best guys.

Letting Gortat walk and signing bumbum boy is another example
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
A40:
Too much is being made about this John Wall matter. He's doing his part IMO. They just haven't always surrounded him with the best guys.

Letting Gortat walk and signing bumbum boy is another example

shocked. u cold mehn
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 7:06am On Dec 19, 2018
Roland17:

I try to see one live game every year, especially when I am out of town but this year has been an exception. My first live game was the Bucks v Bulls at the Bradley Center and it was surreal watching D. Rose when he was still healthy. Dude was a freak of nature with his speed, athletism, control, and power for his frame when I saw it live and close. That is why I have a soft spot for D. Rose because I saw what he could do when he was healthy. Some guys on this thread also watch live games. I know Donlittle, Lola and others go to games and have shared experiences. It is not complicated, it's pretty easy, parking may be the only challenge if you choose to drive into the arena because they are quite expensive especially in big cities/ NBA markets.

You can buy authentic tickets from different websites apart from NBA.com, you have StubHub, Ticketmaster, Scorebig, SeatGeek, and other secondary resellers. The prices depend on the teams playing and the stage of the season. Playoff games are more expensive than regular season tickets, that being said, there is a price for every pocket (in fact, some tickets starting at $10) in most cases. If you are in a small market or a team doing poorly and tanking, look for when the smaller teams are coming for very very cheap/ affordable tickets if you want to get your first NBA experience. e.g: If you live around NY, a home game between the Nets vs Suns will be very cheap and you can get good seating to get a great first NBA experience. If you live around LA (2 teams), Texas (3 teams), find out when small teams are coming to town and you can score cheap/ affordable tickets for your first NBA game experience. At least $50 should get you into the arena for these games.

However, if you want a closer view of the court and a better view experience, the mid-low levels of most courts in big cities, you should be ready to shell above $90-$100. Again this depends on the team coming into town. For example, I have been looking at the ticket prices for the Celtics v Lakers game at the TD Garden in February 2019 and the higher levels are starting from $190 worth more mid-low/ courtside are over $390-$1K.

All in all, it is always a great experience.
Timberwolves sell $10 ticket for students in many of the regular season games, I can’t believe I haven’t find time to go watch one game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
ipledge10:
Timberwolves sell $10 ticket for students in many of the regular season games, I can’t believe I haven’t find time to go watch one game.
pls do find time and go to one and also open a thread here about it, I'd love to know what the experience's like.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
Watching the game live is sweet, but i am telling you, going to go watch a game during the playoffs is sweeter. Watching bron hit a game winner made me sick to my stomach, but i swear, seeing the crowd standing up as he got the ball and move, crowd looking as the ball moved, and the same crowd getting up on their sit and yelling as the ball went into the net is like no other.

I want to go to another playoffs game this year but i just moved back to Atlanta and let's just say, I do not think this team deserves to be in the Nba not to talk of making the playoffs

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:23am On Dec 21, 2018
donlittle25:
Watching the game live is sweet, but i am telling you, going to go watch a game during the playoffs is sweeter. Watching bron hit a game winner made me sick to my stomach, but i swear, seeing the crowd standing up as he got the ball and move, crowd looking as the ball moved, and the same crowd getting up on their sit and yelling as the ball went into the net is like no other.

I want to go to another playoffs game this year but i just moved back to Atlanta and let's just say, I do not think this team deserves to be in the Nba not to talk of making the playoffs

wetin u dey do for atl. yup the hawks suck grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:24am On Dec 21, 2018
Harden on d floor...egbami lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:06am On Dec 21, 2018
Here we go with CP3 again. He is out indefinitely with the same hamstring that shut him down last season. Oh well, its still early, the Rockets would rather it happens now than the postseason.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2018
That hamstring is made from Charmin tissue paper. Rockets will smell their yansh for sacrificing depth and giving Paul that max deal

(1) (2) (3) ... (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.