Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,977 members, 7,956,649 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:17 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1722517 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
Hardetayour:
Rockets been stale since they got Paul. Paul and Harden iso the hell out of everybody and the remaining 3 players stand and watch. The only difference between this season and last is they lost the defensive presence they had. Now thier defence is pants. It's very very obvious. Then when an u drafted rookie is one of your best defenders and 6th man, then u know something is wrong
Plus all their star players have been shooting terribly. It's like that Game 7 slump followed them into this season

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
rotimi9:
wink

Lol.. Bron no fit win am. Na Kawhi be the real MVP.
But these young Lakers would have won 13 from their 15 games without Bron grin. KCP, Hart, Kuz.... even their bench is playing amazingly well.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
rotimi9:
wink

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8281931_img20181207180049700_jpeg4e95efa55a808ad3e8d622236076fd90

Lmao...

The way you buttress my point is what I like about you

A guy supposedly came back from injury and within a week has climbed from no 7 to 2 on the ladder after 3 games is who you're saying Bron is having a better season than? You do know the only reason keeping him from the top is that he's played fewer games than Bron?

You've not answered the question I directly gave you. Who's having a better season? Curry or LeBron? Simple...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 4:14am On Dec 08, 2018
Raptors losing to the nets whew almost put a large sum on raptors win

Lakers balling......
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:11am On Dec 08, 2018
Ten turnovers in one game?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 6:07am On Dec 08, 2018
aliondo:
Ten turnovers in one game?? shocked shocked shocked

More like Westbrook with a quadruple double grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:27am On Dec 08, 2018
Looks like normal service has resumed in Golden State country.

I'm not a Lakers fan but it almost felt like if you breathe on DeRozan the refs would whistle a foul. It was almost farcical honestly
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
I visited New York recently for work related purposes and my cousin drove past the Barclays Center one night while we were hanging out. Downtown Brooklyn looks very different now and this edifice makes the lights of the city even brighter.

If you are in NY or live around NY and want to get your NBA feel, you should visit the Barclays Center because tickets are very affordable for good seating positions. If the Celtics were in town on that day, I probably would have ended up inside. I checked the schedule just to be sure.lol.

No live games for me this year but I am definitely resuming next year.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2018
Roland17:
I visited New York recently for work related purposes and my cousin drove past the Barclays Center one night while we were hanging out. Downtown Brooklyn looks very different now and this edifice makes the lights of the city even brighter.

If you are in NY or live around NY and want to get your NBA feel, you should visit the Barclays Center because tickets are very affordable for good seating positions. If the Celtics were in town on that day, I probably would have ended up inside. I checked the schedule just to be sure.lol.

No live games for me this year but I am definitely resuming next year.
Do you live in Boston?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2018
Watching some of the Sixer's past few games I noticed that Joel has not been his usual dominant self. Now it seems that reports are saying that its coach Brown's idea for him to spend that much time on the perimeter. I still cannot wrap my head round on the idea that any NBA coach will have an embid on his team and instead of just letting him give opponent's the business on the low post said coach is calling plays and sets that makes him in essence a stretch 5. I'm starting to believe that coach Brown us just like j Kidd, both do not have any idea on how to bring out the best in their star big nen

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2018
Khanben:
Watching some of the Sixer's past few games I noticed that Joel has not been his usual dominant self. Now it seems that reports are saying that its coach Brown's idea for him to spend that much time on the perimeter. I still cannot wrap my head round on the idea that any NBA coach will have an embid on his team and instead of just letting him give opponent's the business on the low post said coach is calling plays and sets that makes him in essence a stretch 5. I'm starting to believe that coach Brown us just like j Kidd, both do not have any idea on how to bring out the best in their star big nen
Heard he and Butler have already started having beef. This soap opera would be interesting to watch.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
CuteRedd:
Do you live in Boston?

Nope.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2018
Khanben:

"I haven't been myself lately," Embiid told Philly.com. "I think it's mainly because of the way I've been used, which is I'm being used as a spacer, I guess, a stretch-5, which I'm only shooting [29] percent" from 3-point range.

"But it seems like the past couple games, like with the way I play, our setup, [coach Brett Brown] always has me starting on the perimeter ... and it just really frustrates me."

"My body feels great, and it's just I haven't been playing well," he said.

"We sometimes have to space the floor," Embiid told Philly.com. "A lot of time, actually, with the way our plays are set up, I tend to spend a lot of time on the perimeter. So it's an adjustment."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25481105/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-frustrated-role-jimmy-butler-trade
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

More like Westbrook with a quadruple double grin grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:22am On Dec 09, 2018
@Decale

Are you even watching? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 09, 2018
Houston with an L again damn
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:13am On Dec 09, 2018
@Decale

No bother check scores because na record we break on top una ground oh.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:00am On Dec 09, 2018
Roland17:
@Decale

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2018
Roland17:
@Decale

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2018
Roland17:
@Decale

Are you even watching? grin

We were without Kris Dunn, Felicio, Valentine, Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan...

Count yourselves lucky...

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2018
Decale:

We were without Kris Dunn, Felicio, Valentine, Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan...

Count yourselves lucky...

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
Wish the NBA season go just end now,make playoffs start.. grin grin grin grin
I'm sure you know why.. wink wink
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2018
Lakers trying to add Trevor Ariza. Na wa oh! These people dey vex
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
A40:
Naah I no too agree with this submission. If you want to talk about one of the most adaptable coaches the league has ever seen Pop is one of them.

I have seen the Spurs morph from a ground and pound team that would pound you into submission into the John the Baptist of the current Golden State we are seeing now.

Their problem right now is the playing style of Aldridge and DeRozan are not ideal for a team trying to compete at the top of the West. Ironically they have managed to play even worse on defense (Aldridge the biggest suspect) I still maintain that this present DeRozan style is not sustainable. When you need 27 shots and a ton of FT attempts to get to 32 pts there is a problem.

Wait oh which Tony Parker you dey talk? The one they drafted? I'd say Tony Parker's lack of outside shooting is why he isn't one of the greatest PG's ever (I think he's top 10-15 anyway)

my brother, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. spurs coaching dna including Pops is ground n pound aka ugly ball. They keep trying to get born again into the current kingdom of warriors style bball. buuuut, you cannot put new wine in old wineskins. Under pressure, they revert and this confusion makes aldridge and derozan hesitate. That split second is huge in the nba.

T parker was never a shooter, but before his stint with the spurs, he was an athletic freak in addition to being nba ready. I would have loved to see a younger Parker in this era.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
birdman:

my brother, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. spurs coaching dna including Pops is ground n pound aka ugly ball. They keep trying to get born again into the current kingdom of warriors style bball. buuuut, you cannot put new wine in old wineskins. Under pressure, they revert and this confusion makes aldridge and derozan hesitate. That split second is huge in the nba.

T parker was never a shooter, but before his stint with the spurs, he was an athletic freak in addition to being nba ready. I would have loved to see a younger Parker in this era.
Lmaooo bruh. The Spurs were Golden State before Golden State was Golden State. Go and watch the 2014 Finals and see how Coach Pop led Spurs bludgeoned LeNomad and the Heat to submission.

I agree that you cannot put new wine in old bottles but that is largely on Aldridge and DeRozan who has embarrassingly refused to work on his 3pt game. No wonder he always gets sussed out during playoff time.

Tony Parker was 19 when he entered the league. How much professional experience could he have had? Based on his skill set and limitations Pop got the most out of him

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 6:56am On Dec 11, 2018
Heard Nuggets have picked up Swaggy P.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
Necessary addition. The injuries were getting too much.
Where is donlittle? The Mavs have won ten straight at home.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
A40:

I am happy we are winning A40.

But we aren't good enough to challenge for WCF or even the Semis. I was thinking we should have tanked to have a chance at ZION WILLIAMSON coming out of duke.

Nonetheless, Doncic has been amazing to watch, and i am happy rick carlirse has a few good players to get him back into the playoffs.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2018
donlittle25:
I am happy we are winning A40.

But we aren't good enough to challenge for WCF or even the Semis. I was thinking we should have tanked to have a chance at ZION WILLIAMSON coming out of duke.

Nonetheless, Doncic has been amazing to watch, and i am happy rick carlirse has a few good players to get him back into the playoffs.
Naah just making the playoffs with this team will be progress and shows what Carlisle can do with even half decent talent. I am not really a fan of tanking. It doesn't guarantee anything! I would have issues rooting for a team openly trying to tank.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:33am On Dec 12, 2018
crazy when you think about it. dwade and melo, both are basically retired. Lebron is still closing out games on a young team. Greatness...I feel inspired smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:40am On Dec 12, 2018
A40:

no allow make im head swell abeg. e go tink sey im okpo don dey work.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:47am On Dec 12, 2018
birdman:
crazy when you think about it. dwade and melo, both are basically retired. Lebron is still closing out games on a young team. Greatness...I feel inspired smiley
sha no go go extra time tonight with those young chikala for Southy. Na inside ambulance you go wake up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.