Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,419 members, 7,958,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1724072 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:58am On Dec 12, 2018
donlittle25:
sha no go go extra time tonight with those young chikala for Southy. Na inside ambulance you go wake up.

I don comot oooo. u wan put weed for my pocket grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:08am On Dec 13, 2018
I had no doubts that Brad Stevens would figure it out.
#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
I hope the doubts about whether Kyrie can lead a team is gradually being cleared

These Raptors are a problem though! They have completely smoked the Lakers, Clippers and Warriors in LA without Kawhi. I don't get
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2018
A40:
I hope the doubts about whether Kyrie can lead a team is gradually being cleared

These Raptors are a problem though! They have completely smoked the Lakers, Clippers and Warriors in LA without Kawhi. I don't get

I don't know why I am not getting carried away with the Raptors just yet, especially since they are doing this without Kawhi. This is not any different from what they did in previous seasons (regular season). I think I am more interested in seeing it replicated in the postseason and that is more likely without Bron in the way but I will wait until then.

Kyrie and the Celtics have returned to the basics of our identity and that is why we are on a roll.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
Roland17:

I don't know why I am not getting carried away with the Raptors just yet, especially since they are doing this without Kawhi. This is not any different from what they did in previous seasons (regular season). I think I am more interested in seeing it replicated in the postseason and that is more likely without Bron in the way but I will wait until then.

Kyrie and the Celtics have returned to the basics of our identity and that is why we are on a roll.
The East would be really difficult to predict in the playoffs. The Celts are still favorites for me but Leonard would be harder to shutdown than DeRozan

Guys like Brown and Hayward are also falling my hand so I can't really be confident in the Celtics completely
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2018
Roland17:
I visited New York recently for work related purposes and my cousin drove past the Barclays Center one night while we were hanging out. Downtown Brooklyn looks very different now and this edifice makes the lights of the city even brighter.

If you are in NY or live around NY and want to get your NBA feel, you should visit the Barclays Center because tickets are very affordable for good seating positions. If the Celtics were in town on that day, I probably would have ended up inside. I checked the schedule just to be sure.lol.

No live games for me this year but I am definitely resuming next year.
you watch NBA games live at the arena!! That's great!!! How much is the average price of an NBA ticket for a large market team(teams in big cities like New York, Texas, California,georgia)?the cheap seats that are far from the court oo not the expensive ones that are very close to the court such that you can see the sweat on the players.
Re: The NBA Begins by Maljp: 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
I hope to see someone thrashing the Warriors in the finals or before that. I think that the Toronto Raptors are best suited for it. The Rockets were a Chris Paul injury away from reaching the finals last year. Who do you think is best suited for beating the Warriors in a seven match series?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Maljp:
I hope to see someone thrashing the Warriors in the finals or before that. I think that the Toronto Raptors are best suited for it. The Rockets were a Chris Paul injury away from reaching the finals last year. Who do you think is best suited for beating the Warriors in a seven match series?
My Thunder team wink grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Nostradamus:
you watch NBA games live at the arena!! That's great!!! How much is the average price of an NBA ticket for a large market team(teams in big cities like New York, Texas, California,georgia)?the cheap seats that are far from the court oo not the expensive ones that are very close to the court such that you can see the sweat on the players.

I try to see one live game every year, especially when I am out of town but this year has been an exception. My first live game was the Bucks v Bulls at the Bradley Center and it was surreal watching D. Rose when he was still healthy. Dude was a freak of nature with his speed, athletism, control, and power for his frame when I saw it live and close. That is why I have a soft spot for D. Rose because I saw what he could do when he was healthy. Some guys on this thread also watch live games. I know Donlittle, Lola and others go to games and have shared experiences. It is not complicated, it's pretty easy, parking may be the only challenge if you choose to drive into the arena because they are quite expensive especially in big cities/ NBA markets.

You can buy authentic tickets from different websites apart from NBA.com, you have StubHub, Ticketmaster, Scorebig, SeatGeek, and other secondary resellers. The prices depend on the teams playing and the stage of the season. Playoff games are more expensive than regular season tickets, that being said, there is a price for every pocket (in fact, some tickets starting at $10) in most cases. If you are in a small market or a team doing poorly and tanking, look for when the smaller teams are coming for very very cheap/ affordable tickets if you want to get your first NBA experience. e.g: If you live around NY, a home game between the Nets vs Suns will be very cheap and you can get good seating to get a great first NBA experience. If you live around LA (2 teams), Texas (3 teams), find out when small teams are coming to town and you can score cheap/ affordable tickets for your first NBA game experience. At least $50 should get you into the arena for these games.

However, if you want a closer view of the court and a better view experience, the mid-low levels of most courts in big cities, you should be ready to shell above $90-$100. Again this depends on the team coming into town. For example, I have been looking at the ticket prices for the Celtics v Lakers game at the TD Garden in February 2019 and the higher levels are starting from $190 worth more mid-low/ courtside are over $390-$1K.

All in all, it is always a great experience.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
Roland17:

I try to see one live game every year, especially when I am out of town but this year has been an exception. My first live game was the Bucks v Bulls at the Bradley Center and it was surreal watching D. Rose when he was still healthy. Dude was a freak of nature with his speed, athletism, control, and power for his frame when I saw it live and close. That is why I have a soft spot for D. Rose because I saw what he could do when he was healthy. Some guys on this thread also watch live games. I know Donlittle, Lola and others go to games and have shared experiences. It is not complicated, it's pretty easy, parking may be the only challenge if you choose to drive into the arena because they are quite expensive especially in big cities/ NBA markets.

You can buy authentic tickets from different websites apart from NBA.com, you have StubHub, Ticketmaster, Scorebig, SeatGeek, and other secondary resellers. The prices depend on the teams playing and the stage of the season. Playoff games are more expensive than regular season tickets, that being said, there is a price for every pocket (in fact, some tickets starting at $10) in most cases. If you are in a small market or a team doing poorly and tanking, look for when the smaller teams are coming for very very cheap/ affordable tickets if you want to get your first NBA experience. e.g: If you live around NY, a home game between the Nets vs Suns will be very cheap and you can get good seating to get a great first NBA experience. If you live around LA (2 teams), Texas (3 teams), find out when small teams are coming to town and you can score cheap/ affordable tickets for your first NBA game experience. At least $50 should get you into the arena for these games.

However, if you want a closer view of the court and a better view experience, the mid-low levels of most courts in big cities, you should be ready to shell above $90-$100. Again this depends on the team coming into town. For example, I have been looking at the ticket prices for the Celtics v Lakers game at the TD Garden in February 2019 and the higher levels are starting from $190 worth more mid-low/ courtside are over $390-$1K.

All in all, it is always a great experience.

Last time i attended Toyota Center was 2011, you can get a seat for as low as $5 then but those seats are way up at the ceilings but thats nothing cos empty seats are always available in the mid range and occasionally jumping seats specially after the breaks was a norm for us TSU guys...
I can't even go there no more, that thrill is gone, i best just stay at home turn on Directv, invite guys over with 6 Packs Corolla or just a bottle of tequila, blaze, argue, eat, bet...
My most memorable game was agst Lal with kobe, i cant really remember the year either 08 or 09 when Kobe shot a last sec 3pt that won the game that was just nothing but net, it was devastating cos of how We got em on the ropes from 1st - 3rd Q. It was so bad we all just marvelled at Kobe's excellence and started clapping..
If anyone has the chance to see one pls take it, its worth it, but try and go with friends..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
Maljp:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
aliondo:

My Thunder team wink grin grin

You should avoid Utah Jazz first.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Eruditor:

E go be like jazz for their body grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Eruditor:

If they make playoffs...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Eruditor:

Kawhi will prove doubters wrong...
Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Eruditor:

every year they say this grin grin grin They don't learn grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:39am On Dec 15, 2018
Kyrie has the best handles..my goodness!!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:46am On Dec 15, 2018
Williams has been very impressive over the last 2 games, we may have a future center in our hands here. He just needs to deal better with offensive cuts/drives coming to him.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:44am On Dec 15, 2018
If Westbrook doesn’t have the Athleticism that he has, nobody will consider him as top 10 pg in the league.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:23am On Dec 15, 2018
This Denver na real banana peel.. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:24am On Dec 15, 2018
ipledge10:
If Westbrook doesn’t have the Athleticism that he has, nobody will consider him as top 10 pg in the league.
I beg to disagree...The major challenge with Russ is his decision making...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 7:00am On Dec 15, 2018
aliondo:

I beg to disagree...The major challenge with Russ is his decision making...
He let Thunder down today. If PG can be consistent,he is gonnna be the best player in OKC
Re: The NBA Begins by Eyedea(m): 7:39am On Dec 15, 2018
The only team stopping the Warriors is team injury. Curry tears his ACL and KD gets one bad reoccurring ankle injury, that happens and they don't make the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:42am On Dec 15, 2018
ipledge10:
He let Thunder down today. If PG can be consistent,he is gonnna be the best player in OKC
Its just one match....we have moved on...but russ needs to work on his decision making and turn overs...lawd,so many turnovers per game..

If i was russ,i would take a cue from CP3 and assist more and shoot less.....thought he worked on his three points during the off season..he has also been awful at that..
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0arNa4wdio

Bad for NBA that average players make superstar money?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
ipledge10:
d guy is a bad 3 point shooter and he just takes shot like he is Steph. He has poor decision abilities and poor shot selections. He doesn't elevate his teammates game, almost ruined oladipo's career. Wonder y PG took a pay cut to be with him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
rotimi9:
d guy is a bad 3 point shooter and he just takes shot like he is Steph. He has poor decision abilities and poor shot selections. He doesn't elevate his teammates game, almost ruined oladipo's career. Wonder y PG took a pay cut to be with him.

PG did not take a pay cut.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
aliondo:

Kawhi will prove doubters wrong...

Who are his doubters?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
Eruditor:

Who are his doubters?
You included..
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
aliondo:

You included..

Don't think anybody has doubted The Claw's ability here before...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
aliondo:

You included..

How did I doubt him?

Abi did you forget that Jazz beat GSW a couple of times last regular season? Playoffs is a different kettle of fish. That I scoffed at Raptors is because they are simply not as good as GSW. No team I have seen in this present NBA is as good comparing peak performances. Besides, Kawhi was in Spurs when KD used to beat him and the spurs with OKC so nothing new. Kawhi is a top 5 player that is all.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
Decale:

Don't think anybody has doubted The Claw's ability here before...
I dont mean Kawhi's personal abilities...I mean his ability to carry the Raptors to the Eastern Conference finals.They(Raptors) have always been criticised for failing to reach the Conference finals after performing well in the regular season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.