Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1070) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618799 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2019
Decale:

All Star is for entertainment. Not World Cup.

They've interfered enough...

This is the comment of the page for me, we share similar thoughts. The league must be very careful with how much it interferes with the All-Star games. If it gets too competitive, teams would start restricting their players from active participation. Players will accept the All-Star invitations, however, they or their respective teams will distance them from on-court participation by feigning injuries/ need for rest. There is a reason it is called a break. The league's biggest asset is the players and while you want to entertain the fans, you must ensure you are protecting your assets.

Abeg help me confirm the nominations of R. Lopez and LaVine to the All-Star games. Shey na to hold towel for others abi na to carry their bags? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
The Rockets almost blew last night's game, not sure what Gordon was thinking when he took that 3 with seconds to go.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2019
Roland17:

Abeg help me confirm the nominations of R. Lopez and LaVine to the All-Star games. Shey na to hold towel for others abi na to carry their bags? grin

If your ever come back to Lagos again, no near mainland...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2019
Roland17:

This is the comment of the page for me, we share similar thoughts. The league must be very careful with how much it interferes with the All-Star games. If it gets too competitive, teams would start restricting their players from active participation. Players will accept the All-Star invitations, however, they or their respective teams will distance them from on-court participation by feigning injuries/ need for rest. There is a reason it is called a break. The league's biggest asset is the players and while you want to entertain the fans, you must ensure you are protecting your assets.

You just had to do that?? grin grin grin .....Make Oga Decale no catch you..

Good to hear from you bro...

Abeg when next you dey naija,hala boys wink wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:47am On Jan 27, 2019
Too many TOs from Kyrie. He has been spectacular but the TOs are hurting us.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:49am On Jan 27, 2019
Come on man!! We have seen refs turn a blind eye to those plays. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:53am On Jan 27, 2019
Good performance but a win could have been rewarding. We had opportunities to win this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:03am On Jan 27, 2019
aliondo:

You just had to do that?? grin grin grin .....Make Oga Decale no catch you..

Good to hear from you bro...

Abeg when next you dey naija,hala boys wink wink

Happy new year Baba. Decale and him tanking Bulls are making a mockery of the game of basketball.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:44am On Jan 27, 2019
Kyrie is just mental! His bad 3rd quarter really hurt the Celts. A pity the Celtics didn't win that one, Golden State tried all its possible best to hand them the win in the closing sequence.

Those that thought Boogie would struggle. Welp
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:39am On Jan 27, 2019
Roland17:

First of all, i recall that the main reason for changing the West, East format was because the ratings for the all-star game was falling, due to the fact that the games were boring and one way traffic (the west always won).
Now for the nominations allowing the fans to just choose means a starter's place for players like Zaza Pachulia (this season D wade & D rose, would have stared ahead of exceptional players like Harden, Kemba, Beal, Ben Simmons, D mitchell, etc).
For as long as we continue to use all-star appearances to judge a player's career after he retires then it is a deservice to them if the all-star voting is just a popularity contest, not about how well a player has performed in the first half of the season.
PS: IMO, its for the benefit of the league if the all-star game is based on merit, it makes it something young players can work towards inspiring better work ethic. Lets not forget that for most of these players they get bonuses for apperances in the all-star game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:57am On Jan 27, 2019
The all-star starters are already known, was just thinking about the seven reserves in each conference. This is my list.
East:
B Beal
Ben Simmons
D Russell
N Vucecic
K Middleton
K lowry
Blake Griffin

West:
AD
Jokic
Westbrook
Dame
D Mitchell
Tobias Harris
Any one of (Luka, aldrigde, derozan, gorbert, KAT & jrue holiday)
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:46am On Jan 28, 2019
PG13 is an attitude!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Anthony Davies has requested a trade from the Pelicans. He wants to be traded to a contender.

Let the war begin. I understand the Celtics can not trade for him until after July 1st because of Kyrie’s contract.

Come on Celtics!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
Roland17:
Anthony Davies has requested a trade from the Pelicans. He wants to be traded to a contender.

Let the war begin. I understand the Celtics can not trade for him until after July 1st because of Kyrie’s contract.

Come on Celtics!!!!
That dinner with LeBron wasn't just a dinner afterall.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:
That dinner with LeBron wasn't just a dinner afterall.

When I was screaming they say na nothing. But here is the thing, the Lakers would have to drain their roster to get AD and he would have an aged Lebron to play with and no assurances he would sign long terms if he signs in the next 10 days. Bron is not getting any younger and in my opinion based on his recent injuries, he is going to slow down so I don't know if it would be best for AD to commit long term with the Lakers, he may end up in the same situation he left in New Orleans.

I know D. Ainge is looking at this situation and while there is attention the Celtics are going to wait AD out until July as we are best positioned to offer New Orleans the best and still assure AD of a competitive team long term.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2019
Khanben:
The all-star starters are already known, was just thinking about the seven reserves in each conference. This is my list.
East:
B Beal
Ben Simmons
D Russell
N Vucecic
K Middleton
K lowry
Blake Griffin

West:
AD
Jokic
Westbrook
Dame
D Mitchell
Tobias Harris
Any one of (Luka, aldrigde, derozan, gorbert, KAT & jrue holiday)

Kat before Donovan mitchell
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
Lonzo about to be traded. cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2019
BykeLaByke:
Your best friend
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
BykeLaByke:

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
Roland17:

When I was screaming they say na nothing. But here is the thing, the Lakers would have to drain their roster to get AD and he would have an aged Lebron to play with and no assurances he would sign long terms if he signs in the next 10 days. Bron is not getting any younger and in my opinion based on his recent injuries, he is going to slow down so I don't know if it would be best for AD to commit long term with the Lakers, he may end up in the same situation he left in New Orleans.

I know D. Ainge is looking at this situation and while there is attention the Celtics are going to wait AD out until July as we are best positioned to offer New Orleans the best and still assure AD of a competitive team long term.

Celtics have more assets, but will you throw all that in if the trade ends up becoming just a one year rental. This might happen if AD categorically states he is only resigning with LA.
So this trade is a bit more complicated than it seems. The fit between kyrie and AD might also be an issue in LA there is a Rondo with whom AD had his best season ever, plus another superstar though ball dominant is still regarded as a pass first player
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
If I was Magic, i would just tell the pelicans to just name their price and give them whatever they ask for at first time of asking. Kuzma, Lonzo, Ingram, Zubac, KCP, and one first round pick.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
Khanben:

Celtics have more assets, but will you throw all that in if the trade ends up becoming just a one year rental. This might happen if AD categorically states he is only resigning with LA.
So this trade is a bit more complicated than it seems. The fit between kyrie and AD might also be an issue in LA there is a Rondo with whom AD had his best season ever, plus another superstar though ball dominant is still regarded as a pass first player

Problem is, the Lakers would have to clear their young core to get AD, in comparison to the Celtics. The Celtics can offer more and keep some of the core while keeping the Celtics competitive. Don't forget the Celtics have 2 first round picks to spare from the upcoming draft, so we are well grounded if we choose to pursue the AD sweepstakes. Superstars find a way to make it work, especially if they share a common goal and that is why a Kyrie, AD combination does not bother me. The allure of moving to LA is there but I don't think it would benefit AD longterm in comparison to the Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:09am On Jan 29, 2019
When is Kyrie contract and AD contract expiring?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:01am On Jan 29, 2019
Roland17:

AD would be crazy to go green. Same for any other all star.
There are reasons for star players to NOT want to come up to Boston. Ainge may be a whiz at building rosters, but there is something too cold and business like about the way you guys shop marquee players. Within one season, names start popping up in trades. I know its business, but there is something smelly about how you guys think about these trades
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:20am On Jan 29, 2019
donlittle25:
When is Kyrie contract and AD contract expiring?

Kyrie becomes a a free agent this summer, while AD enters free agency in the summer of2020
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:28am On Jan 29, 2019
birdman:

AD would be crazy to go green. Same for any other all star.
There are reasons for star players to NOT want to come up to Boston. Ainge may be a whiz at building rosters, but there is something too cold and business like about the way you guys shop marquee players. Within one season, names start popping up in trades. I know its business, but there is something smelly about how you guys think about these trades

No one holds the Celtics to ransom, no one is too big for the TD Garden. The Celtics are not just any type of team, we are an institution and we don’t need to roar for others to acknowledge our presence, they only need to use their sense of smell and good luck to those who don’t have it.

From time immemorial, we have set standards especially as the NBA transitioned into a monetized league. We had to become brutish and sometimes ruthless in managing the modern NBA player who reeks of the sense of entitlement. The funny thing is this, we will pitch and give the AD sweepstakes our best shot like we did KD and he acknowledges we came second but the Celtics will never go overboard with hyping players or situations just to lure them and that is the cold business approach in Boston. The TD Garden is a citadel of NBA knowledge and we must carry ourselves accordingly.

The Lakers can do all the PR, butttt licking and noise about AD, we would pitch our plans quietly and if it does not pan out, we move on keeping our assets.

#Celticpride

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:46am On Jan 29, 2019
I think the Celtics were waiting for Summer to go for A.D and didn't see his trade request coming.

I think Magic has some tough decision to make cos i feel Kuzma,Ingram,Lonzo,Zubac(which somehow explains why he has been getting playing time to showcase his potential),Hart and maybe a first round pick will have to be included in the package for A.D..
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 10:18am On Jan 29, 2019
The only place I see AD going is the Lakers.

Let's have

AD + Bron in LAL
Westbrook + PG in OKC
KD + Kawhi in LAC
Curry + Klay in Warriors
Lillard + MCcollum in Portland
Harden + CP in Houstons

Suddenly it gets interesting again.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
Looking at next season, would not be surprised to see Lebron, AD and Kyrie forming their own super team in LA.
Re: The NBA Begins by akinstobi1987(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2019
Get access to free daily football bet predictions... To get access to our expert's predictions: 1. Follow me on Twitter @slimCASE 2. Add me on WhatsApp +2348172257758. Our week days daily predictions are daily double done with very careful selections by a team of individuals experienced with stats for different leagues. Weekends however has a comprehensive bet list for a token of N2,500. Try your luck and you won't regret. Please feel free to send in all questions here or on what'sapp. NB: To participate follow on twitter & Add 08172257758 on what's app.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
Manutd19:
The only place I see AD going is the Lakers.

Let's have

AD + Bron in LAL
Westbrook + PG in OKC
KD + Kawhi in LAC
Curry + Klay in Warriors
Lillard + MCcollum in Portland
Harden + CP in Houstons

Suddenly it gets interesting again.

Where is KD in all of these permutations?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) ... (2201) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.