Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631242 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

LMAO If it isnt the celtics fan who hates lebron because he owns their franchise. Hows life treating you? werent you guys supposed to take over the east after the king went west? hows that working out for you? grin

if you think its bad now just wait until kyrie goes and joins lebron in LA and AD gets traded to the lakers. We'll see how jason tatum being just 20 will win you a ring. grin grin grin grin grin

OOOOOO Lord!!!! Ersan Ilyasova abi na Yusuf Cochran you carry come this season grin grin You are way too predictable but honestly, it is good to have you back. I detest conforming arguments, it is good to have handles with dissenting opinions.

My Celtics have been very disappointing this regular season and its a big shame considering the level of talent on that team. I know you have been following this thread religiously even in your hiatus and must have read pages where I argued that I am not interested in any player that would hold the Celtics hostage, now or in the future. If Kyrie moves on, I will have no problems with that, if he chooses to stay, fine and good.

Of course, LeBum needs all the help he can get, at this point his team needs 6 players on the court to balance the level of competition. Bron is no longer Bron and you know it. Father time has knocked this season and this is buttressed by the fact that he got injured this season, the number of games he sat out because of that injury. I have no problems with him needing help at his old age because that would be a fair need. So yes, Bron can have AD, Kyrie, Adam Silver and KD to help wheel him around the court next season grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
Of course he's wrong but I like what he said anyway. Considering he dragged a worse Lakers team to the playoffs. This season sheds more light on what Kobe had to do in the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons when he had to drag Smush Parker and Kwame Brown to the playoffs.

nah. the league was not that loaded then. If your winning pct was just under .5, you still made the playoffs in the west.

on another note, all the rule changes talent infusion from abroad makes this league s different beast. Talent is no longer enough, like it was when Kobe was the leagues MVP.. Everyone has talent now.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Bohoo party pooper! Harden pushed off on his crossover last year and we couldnt hear the end of it for a few weeks. Leave him alone!

You lot are just mad cause the lakers arent in a state of melancholy or havent gone into depression like you want them too.
Lmaooo mad? I'm anything but mad. Actually amused that such a meaningless move would generate such a childish reaction

Depression lmao. Stop being so sensitive mate! The goal for the Lakers shouldn't be celebrating meaningless moves with your team 8 games under 500 especially a team with so many veterans
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
birdman:

nah. the league was not that loaded then. If your winning pct was just under .5, you still made the playoffs in the west.

on another note, all the rule changes talent infusion from abroad makes this league s different beast. Talent is no longer enough, like it was when Kobe was the leagues MVP.. Everyone has talent now.
Where did you get this fake news? At no time did you get into the playoffs with under .5, there was even a year a 48 win team failed to get into the playoffs

That's neither here nor there since these present Lakers are more talented than the Lakers Kobe was saddled it. LeNomad had time and talent but was more interested in Anthony Davis than making do with what was available. There is no excuse that can justify LeNomad's team being out of playoffs contention with 15 games to go. We ain't buying that shyte grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
Roland17:

OOOOOO Lord!!!! Ersan Ilyasova abi na Yusuf Cochran you carry come this season grin grin You are way too predictable but honestly, it is good to have you back. I detest conforming arguments, it is good to have handles with dissenting opinions.

My Celtics have been very disappointing this regular season and its a big shame considering the level of talent on that team. I know you have been following this thread religiously even in your hiatus and must have read pages where I argued that I am not interested in any player that would hold the Celtics hostage, now or in the future. If Kyrie moves on, I will have no problems with that, if he chooses to stay, fine and good.

Of course, LeBum needs all the help he can get, at this point his team needs 6 players on the court to balance the level of competition. Bron is no longer Bron and you know it. Father time has knocked this season and this is buttressed by the fact that he got injured this season, the number of games he sat out because of that injury. I have no problems with him needing help at his old age because that would be a fair need. So yes, Bron can have AD, Kyrie, Adam Silver and KD to help wheel him around the court next season grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2019
Roland17:

I don't mean to act all sanctimonious about celebrations, but that one was exaggerated and over the top especially if you consider "Born Ready" trapped Green's right leg with his own. I mean, compare that to CP3's cross over that sent D.J Wilson on an errand on the court.
Man, Green was already having it before his foot got trapped.
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Ohhh seems we have ourselves a boffin here, or could it be naismiths reincarnation? FOH dummy, all insults with not one single proper take on basketball yet you are questioning someones intellect. Seems this fella is too humble to go into a war of words with you, I am not.

Oh and what the hell kind of a stupid name is yomi? Lol, a stupid name for a stupid stupid man!
kid is that all you got?YOU ARE NOT ONLY
GULLIBLE, BUT DELUSIONAL,
BIASED, CLOSED-MINDED, AND
VERY FOOLISH AS WELL.
I no dey for people wey you fit bully o. It’s like u are
suffering from one mental
disorder, if not how do u
choose to come to my
mention to insult me. Lbj has always being an mj wanna be, he has said it himself, the only people that see him as the goat are kids who dont know nothing about the game or biased asswipes like you that take turns to ride his D.
Seriously u need to go and
have a rethink, if u come at me, i will eat u alive. u are sick in
the brain.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

LOL So maybe the west isnt as stacked as you claim it is after all. Again, if a team wins against those teams in his conference where you are required to play them in some cases more than twice then loses to the top teams and then clears the eastern teams he should qualify for the playoffs. The funny thing is the lakers have a horrible record against the so called eastern weak conference but you confused lot keep talking about the west just to suit your dumb narrative.
15 teams in a Conference can't possibly be stacked. Get real please!

Your argument still doesn't make any sense. So he beat the weak teams in the West, which his competition likely also did, struggled with the top teams in the West and teams from the East but more importantly didn't make the playoffs. How does LeNomad and the rest of you Apostates come out with anything but egg on your faces?

Did LeNomad come to make the playoffs and win titles or just beat up the dross of the Western Conference to prove a laughable point

YulisCromwell:

LOL! Like i said, you lot are all biased because you hate canelo. Apart from the legends i mentioned many others felt the same way too, just dont remember their names.

Hagler vs SRL, now that was a robbery.
I don't hate Canelo. Had he won fair and square I'd say so. I'm not on GGG's payroll so why should I defend him blindly

Ohhhh so you know Hagler and SRL was a robbery. Maybe there's hope for you after all

YulisCromwell:

As a matter of fact, yes they did.
Where is your proof mate?

YulisCromwell:

Wilder was never going to outbox fur, what are you smoking. Wilder was only supposed to KO him and anything less than that was why everyone was unimpressed by wilder and so impressed by fury especially after getting up. Wilder won 5 rounds including 2 10 8 rounds, fury won 7. 113-113 like the BRITISH judge saw it was a fair result, everything else was hyperbole by the british fans who cant just shut their mouths, the AJ lovers and the wilder haters like you.
Dude I expected Wilder to win going into the fight. However he was completely outboxed. Did you even see the Final round? Fury got up and wiped the floor with Wilder with Wilder having to hang on to him for dear life. Stop it! If the best he could get in his own country was a controversial draw then technically he lost the fight

And had the British judge ruled in favor of Fury it's still guys like you that would claim favoritism and that he was being partial to his compatriot. What pundits are asking is what fight did the Mexican judge watch that made him award a 115-111 score

The Mexican judge had Wilder 4-0 in the first 4 rounds. Lmaooooo! Who would watch that match with functioning eyes and give Wilder all 4 rounds

Last I checked Mayweather, Teddy Atlas and Max Kellerman are all Americans and not AJ lovers, try another excuse

YulisCromwell:

LOL Fury literally admitted he refused to accept the wilder rematch but wilder was down for it. Fury even said wilder is now so pissed at him hes refusing to pick his phone calls. Fury ran and signed a contract with ESPN and now hes fighting some german tomato can, its embarrassing! One judge was american, one canadian another british, if the brit had scored it for fury then fury would have won, stop speaking out of sentiments!
Fury wanted a tune up fight before taking on Wilder. Nothing wrong with that. There is no rule that says Wilder must be his next opponent

It could be argued that the Brit was overcompensating and not trying to look biased it explains why nobody attacked him. The question is how did Alejandro Rochin arrive at that scorecard? This is what everyone in Professional Boxing is asking till today. His reputation is in tatters as we speak

YulisCromwell:

As for wilder refusing the 100m DAZN offer, heres why hes fully justified. Just a few months ago you lot said 15m was more than he ever made and he should accept it to fight AJ but now theyre offering him 40M? Hes the american with punching power, hes the one with star potential, and why was DAZN hiding what AJ was going to make? Like he said, hes with the people that made mayweather who he is so he should stick by them, very soon 100m will seem too little as well.
Story for the gods. If he's serious about unifying the belts then he should take the offer. For now it's pretty clear Wilder is ducking AJ unless he can show us proof that Showtime are offering him a better deal. DAZN are not obliged to show Wilder what AJ is making. What's his business with another man's pockets?

Your windmill merchant has successfully ducked AJ for the second time. #NoSmokeWanted
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2019
yomi96:
kid is that all you got?YOU ARE NOT ONLY
GULLIBLE, BUT DELUSIONAL,
BIASED, CLOSED-MINDED, AND
VERY FOOLISH AS WELL.
I no dey for people wey you fit bully o. It’s like u are
suffering from one mental
disorder, if not how do u
choose to come to my
mention to insult me. Lbj has always being an mj wanna be, he has said it himself, the only people that see him as the goat are kids who dont know nothing about the game or biased asswipes like you that take turns to ride his D.
Seriously u need to go and
have a rethink, if u come at me, i will eat u alive. u are sick in
the brain.

Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
Lmaooo mad? I'm anything but mad. Actually amused that such a meaningless move would generate such a childish reaction

Depression lmao. Stop being so sensitive mate! The goal for the Lakers shouldn't be celebrating meaningless moves with your team 8 games under 500 especially a team with so many veterans

Yeah right this is the first time a crossover has garnered a reaction from the bench in the NBA.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2019
Roland17:

I know, i know, you all missed me, what i can i say? i have a charming personality.

Yeah well you lot might turn things up in the playoffs. You have kyrie who knows what it takes to go all the way and a young team with playoff experience. Personally i hope you lot crash and burn and get swept in the first round. This way i know kyrie is definitely out of there.

Kyrie and KD? You say that as if i'll object. I'll take them all. No shame whatsoever.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
steady986:
KCP goes from scoring 35 points while playing with LeBron, to scoring 7 without him. What is it they say about this LeBron man?
Ugggggh. Nothing to do with the fact that it's the 2nd night of a back to back in Utah of all places. And you wonder why people troll with glee when LeNomad loses. As if Bron was not there when same team lost to the Knicks and Suns. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Yeah right this is the first time a crossover has garnered a reaction from the bench in the NBA.
It was OTT for a team not going to the playoffs. Who was that sitting and rolling on the floor like he was being exorcized
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:

15 teams in a Conference can't possibly be stacked. Get real please!

Your argument still doesn't make any sense. So he beat the weak teams in the West, which his competition likely also did, struggled with the top teams in the West and teams from the East but more importantly didn't make the playoffs. How does LeNomad and the rest of you Apostates come out with anything but egg on your faces?

Did LeNomad come to make the playoffs and win titles or just beat up the dross of the Western Conference to prove a laughable point
Top teams in the east? which top teams? And there are bad teams in the west? do the warriors count as well? cause i can remember the lakers spanking them on christmas day. But wait... i thought you lot said the east was weak and all the teams are bottom feeders in the west? Stop changing the goal post.

I don't hate Canelo. Had he won fair and square I'd say so. I'm not on GGG's payroll so why should I defend him blindly

Ohhhh so you know Hagler and SRL was a robbery. Maybe there's hope for you after all
Because you rooted for GGG and wanted him to win period. Whether you stan him or not youre biased, admit it.

Where is your proof mate?
Most media houses i personally checked predicted Canelo would lose mostly because they felt he lost the first one.

Dude I expected Wilder to win going into the fight. However he was completely outboxed. Did you even see the Final round? Fury got up and wiped the floor with Wilder with Wilder having to hang on to him for dear life. Stop it! If the best he could get in his own country was a controversial draw then technically he lost the fight
So wilder was out boxed, i'm sorry were you expecting a different outcome? in case you missed the memo, wilder cant box, hes a KO artist/slugger. Fury is an outboxer so when it comes to the sweet science fury obviously outboxed him, but he didnt win.

And had the British judge ruled in favor of Fury it's still guys like you that would claim favoritism and that he was being partial to his compatriot. What pundits are asking is what fight did the Mexican judge watch that made him award a 115-111 score

The Mexican judge had Wilder 4-0 in the first 4 rounds. Lmaooooo! Who would watch that match with functioning eyes and give Wilder all 4 rounds

Last I checked Mayweather, Teddy Atlas and Max Kellerman are all Americans and not AJ lovers, try another excuse

Fury wanted a tune up fight before taking on Wilder. Nothing wrong with that. There is no rule that says Wilder must be his next opponent

It could be argued that the Brit was overcompensating and not trying to look biased it explains why nobody attacked him. The question is how did Alejandro Rochin arrive at that scorecard? This is what everyone in Professional Boxing is asking till today. His reputation is in tatters as we speak

Why would there be any controversy over bias if it was as clear as you claimed especially if the other judges or one other judge scored it the same way

Why would he need a tune up to beat a guy he just beat? Lol! Fury was scared and decided to secure the bag before fighting again period.

Story for the gods. If he's serious about unifying the belts then he should take the offer. For now it's pretty clear Wilder is ducking AJ unless he can show us proof that Showtime are offering him a better deal. DAZN are not obliged to show Wilder what AJ is making. What's his business with another man's pockets?
Why would he under price himself going into the biggest heavyweight bought of the decade? Like i said, wilder has the biggest money making potential out of all of them. Hes the american KO artist.

Your windmill merchant has successfully ducked AJ for the second time. #NoSmokeWanted
LOL He wasnt ducking the guy you lot claimed beat him when he wanted the rematch with fury. When AJ asked for 50m and got what he asked for then refused the fight, he wasnt ducking Wilder. Keep deceiving yourselves, wilder isnt scared of anyone. Just look at their current opponents Breazale though a can himself is the best out of them. But screw these heavyweights trying to be business men instead of fighting the best. Theyre all shameless. Thats why the heavyweight division is the desert of boxing now. Zero excitement. Fury wilder AJ theyre all a pack of bums! Me defending wilder doesnt change that, you lot just need to be consistent.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
It was OTT for a team not going to the playoffs. Who was that sitting and rolling on the floor like he was being exorcized

Were they celebrating the crossover or beating the team
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Were they celebrating the crossover or beating the team
The score was like 32-29 when it happened. It hadn't been determined who would win or lose at that point so clearly they were celebrating the crossover
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
The score was like 32-29 when it happened. It hadn't been determined who would win or lose at that point so clearly they were celebrating the crossover

So again, whats wrong with celebrating a crossover
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Top teams in the east? which top teams? And there are bad teams in the west? do the warriors count as well? cause i can remember the lakers spanking them on christmas day. But wait... i thought you lot said the east was weak and all the teams are bottom feeders in the west? Stop changing the goal post.
Didn't he get blasted by Philly, Toronto and Milwaukee?

Yes bad teams like Memphis and Phoenix that took the piss on your king and hastened their demise and surrender each time they tried to mount a revival.

Anyway stop obfuscating. The crux of the whole gist is LeNomad came back to a team in playoff contention before All-star break and yet by first week of March they were already out of contention. I'm not interested in the rest of your banal arguments and nitpicking stats like Beans. It serves no purpose

I had the Lakers missing the playoffs and I wound up right

YulisCromwell:

Because you rooted for GGG and wanted him to win period. Whether you stan him or not youre biased, admit it.
All I asked was for the fight to be called down the middle. GGG was robbed for both fights. Simple

YulisCromwell:

Most media houses i personally checked predicted Canelo would lose mostly because they felt he lost the first one.
Surely they must have a name

YulisCromwell:

So wilder was out boxed, i'm sorry were you expecting a different outcome? in case you missed the memo, wilder cant box, hes a KO artist/slugger. Fury is an outboxer so when it comes to the sweet science fury obviously outboxed him, but he didnt win.
Stop repeating this stale retort. We know what Wilder is. The point is that with 1 and a half knockdowns (that ninth round slip don't count) the overwhelming majority didn't think Wilder even deserved a draw! Do you know how badly you have to have performed for even your own people to not believe you deserved a draw?

YulisCromwell:

Why would there be any controversy over bias if it was as clear as you claimed especially if the other judges or one other judge scored it the same way
Because of people like you. However the important thing here to note is people are attacking the Mexican judge not the Brit. There is no way a Brit judge handing Fury the win will not also cause controversy solely based on his nationality. What matters is everyone jumped on the Mexican judge for his scandalous scorecard.

Let me ask you. Do you believe Wilder won the first 4 rounds?

YulisCromwell:

Why would he need a tune up to beat a guy he just beat? Lol! Fury was scared and decided to secure the bag before fighting again period.
Because it was argued that he took the Wilder fight prematurely to start with. You ought to be ashamed that a guy that was almost 3 years out of boxing outshone Wilder to the point even his fellow Americans didn't believe he deserved a draw in a fight held in his own country

YulisCromwell:

Why would he under price himself going into the biggest heavyweight bought of the decade? Like i said, wilder has the biggest money making potential out of all of them. Hes the american KO artist.
If you want to be the Undisputed Heavyweight King then that's a small price to pay knowing you hold the aces once you win the belt.

Wilder can't generate as much money as AJ. Not in this life! Wilder on a very good day cannot fill out 15k arenas without a major name like Fury or AJ in his own country

YulisCromwell:

LOL He wasnt ducking the guy you lot claimed beat him when he wanted the rematch with fury. When AJ asked for 50m and got what he asked for then refused the fight, he wasnt ducking Wilder. Keep deceiving yourselves, wilder isnt scared of anyone. Just look at their current opponents Breazale though a can himself is the best out of them. But screw these heavyweights trying to be business men instead of fighting the best. Theyre all shameless. Thats why the heavyweight division is the desert of boxing now. Zero excitement. Fury wilder AJ theyre all a pack of bums! Me defending wilder doesnt change that, you lot just need to be consistent.
Lmaooooo. Where was the contract for this so-called $50m monopoly money. Where the heck is Wilder going to see $50m. No one over 5 years
old believed that ruse. Wilder was asked to forward the contract of said $50m which he is yet to do till this day

Wilder ducked AJ twice refusing to agree to an April date in Wembley

The Breazale Wilder wants to fight now AJ beat 4 years ago. After all the noise AJ has been vindicated

Anyway it's a shame the way boxing has gone. I miss the good old days where the best actively sought out each other and fought with no TV drama or network circus. Now it's borderline WWE
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2019
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1111340707690749953

Bare facts! I was thinking the exact same thing. Like kobe was literally never the best player in the NBA and he thinks hes the GOAT. Mamba Mentality = Delusions of grandeur.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
Roland17:

That celebration was disgraceful to watch, how the entire Lakers bench did not get a technical for stepping on the court is beyond me. I think that is the highlight of their season sufficient enough for them to bring some sort of closure.

Miles Turner is only 23!!!!! A lot of upside for the kid and with Nate he will get better especially now that he has been paid.

PG3 has to be consistent if the Thunder team hope to go deep in the post season, this is because they lack offensive depth and Brodie is not a volume scorer the team can depend on. They would have to force teams to play under 100 or 105 to get comfortable victories.
The refs didn't want to compound the woes of the Lakers.

My problem with Myles Turner is he can be a bit too passive on offense. He settles for too many jumpshots instead of attacking the rim and utilizing his size

OKC are a weird conundrum of a team. Their offense can grind to bottom level at the most inopportune time. It's why I question their ability to offer any type of threat to the Warriors
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Bare facts! I was thinking the exact same thing. Like kobe was literally never the best player in the NBA and he thinks hes the GOAT. Mamba Mentality = Delusions of grandeur.
Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant destroyed the San Antonio Spurs? Lmaooo! He was well known as the Spurs killer. I'm tired of you indomie generation fans I swear
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:

Didn't he get blasted by Philly, Toronto and Milwaukee?

Yes bad teams like Memphis and Phoenix that took the piss on your king and hastened their demise and surrender each time they tried to mount a revival.

Anyway stop obfuscating. The crux of the whole gist is LeNomad came back to a team in playoff contention before All-star break and yet by first week of March they were already out of contention. I'm not interested in the rest of your banal arguments and nitpicking stats like Beans. It serves no purpose

I had the Lakers missing the playoffs and I wound up right
Those teams are in the east so they are obviously weak. At least thats what you lot have been telling us.

Wow i guess youre nostrodamus then and foresaw all the injuries and trade talks because thats the only thing that stopped their playoff bid.

All I asked was for the fight to be called down the middle. GGG was robbed for both fights. Simple
Maybe the first fight, but the second? LOL! Stop kidding yourself.

Surely they must have a name
Bloody elbow, cbs, espn, forbes off the top of my head.

Stop repeating this stale retort. We know what Wilder is. The point is that with 1 and a half knockdowns (that ninth round slip don't count) the overwhelming majority didn't think Wilder even deserved a draw! Do you know how badly you have to have performed for even your own people to not believe you deserved a draw?
Slip? cheesy Run tell the judges it doenst count. His people never sided with him to begin with.

Because of people like you. However the important thing here to note is people are attacking the Mexican judge not the Brit. There is no way a Brit judge handing Fury the win will not also cause controversy solely based on his nationality. What matters is everyone jumped on the Mexican judge for his scandalous scorecard.
But you said the result was clear, if it was that clear and the canadian saw it that way, why would the brit be attacked as well? That literally makes zero sense. He cant hand him a win because another judge will have to agree with him and if it is as clear as you claim there is no controversy then. The Brit scored it a draw because thats what it was period!

Let me ask you. Do you believe Wilder won the first 4 rounds?
Nope, dont remember how it went but i gave him a few rounds in the first half.

Because it was argued that he took the Wilder fight prematurely to start with. You ought to be ashamed that a guy that was almost 3 years out of boxing outshone Wilder to the point even his fellow Americans didn't believe he deserved a draw in a fight held in his own country
LOL, he had a couple of 12 round warm up fights. Worked hard, he looked like didnt miss a beat. kudos to him, no one has heart like a pikey.

If you want to be the Undisputed Heavyweight King then that's a small price to pay knowing you hold the aces once you win the belt.

Wilder can't generate as much money as AJ. Not in this life! Wilder on a very good day cannot fill out 15k arenas without a major name like Fury or AJ in his own country
You think al haymon finkel and co are dummies and wont cash on this if they know wilder cant make more? LOL

If wilder can become half the draw mayweather was which is very attainable given his excitement then hes already twice the draw AJ is. Fury is boring, so is AJ to an extent. They both need wilder.

Lmaooooo. Where was the contract for this so-called $50m monopoly money. Where the heck is Wilder going to see $50m. No one over 5 years
old believed that ruse. Wilder was asked to forward the contract of said $50m which he is yet to do till this day
But even Hearn admitted the offer was on the table but they couldnt accept it due to "legalities".

Wilder ducked AJ twice refusing to agree to an April date in Wembley
Why agree to a fight when you are being offered chump change?

The Breazale Wilder wants to fight now AJ beat 4 years ago. After all the noise AJ has been vindicated
Lol vindicated while hes trying to fight big baby miller? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Breazale has improved and has serious punching power, at least his fight with wilder will be exciting. Big baby miller.... SMH!

Anyway it's a shame the way boxing has gone. I miss the good old days where the best actively sought out each other and fought with no TV drama or network circus. Now it's borderline WWE
Thats why love or hate canelo, he doesnt duck anyone, man has no fear. From Floyd to Cotto to lara to GGG and now jacobs to name a few. Thats why i have him at number 1. And big up to Mikey Garcia for doing what he did even though it back fired grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
Ugggggh. Nothing to do with the fact that it's the 2nd night of a back to back in Utah of all places. And you wonder why people troll with glee when LeNomad loses. As if Bron was not there when same team lost to the Knicks and Suns. Smh
I'm just talking strictly player performance here. Honestly everybody plays like crap when the king ain't playing. No leadership, everyone seems confused.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant destroyed the San Antonio Spurs? Lmaooo! He was well known as the Spurs killer. I'm tired of you indomie generation fans I swear

So because the warriors beat the cavs in 2015 curry is better than lebron? cheesy

I loved Kobe as a kid but the man is one of the most overrated players in NBA history all thanks to good marketing (Mamba mentality aka brick mentality). I guess like everything else he got his marketing team from MJ. this man legit never shot over 47% from the field. Boot leg MJ and thats saying something. I have him in my top ten though.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:57pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

So because the warriors beat the cavs in 2015 curry is better than lebron? cheesy

I loved Kobe as a kid but the man is one of the most overrated players in NBA history all thanks to good marketing (Mamba mentality aka brick mentality). I guess like everything else he got his marketing team from MJ. this man legit never shot over 47% from the field. Boot leg MJ and thats saying something. I have him in my top ten though.
When will you stop using awful analogies mate?

Kobe beat the Spurs being the best player in the Series on 4 different occasions. With and without Shaq

45% shooting is par for the course for a high volume Shooting Guard especially in that era. He would have slightly higher numbers if he played now that there's a higher emphasis on efficiency. James Harden is arguably the best player in the league and he also shoots sub 47%. Nothing new
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
steady986:

I'm just talking strictly player performance here. Honestly everybody plays like crap when the king ain't playing. No leadership, everyone seems confused.
Even with him they still play like crap else they would be in the playoffs so what gives?

What yeye leadership has he provided this season?
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
When will you stop using awful analogies mate?

Kobe beat the Spurs being the best player in the Series on 4 different occasions. With and without Shaq

45% shooting is par for the course for a high volume Shooting Guard especially in that era. He would have slightly higher numbers if he played now that there's a higher emphasis on efficiency. James Harden is arguably the best player in the league and he also shoots sub 47%. Nothing new

How is that an awful analogy? You literally just claimed a player is better than another player because his team beat the other players team?

Off the top of my head Drexler, Gervin, Miller and Mj are all high volume shooting guards and i can bet my left nut theyve all shot better than that. Efficiency has always been a part of the game, the bloody brick layer just never had it period. Glad you brought up Harden, theyre in the same ship. Harden is even better because he shoots more 3s.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
Even with him they still play like crap else they would be in the playoffs so what gives?

What yeye leadership has he provided this season?

Stop pushing this narrative that has been refuted many times. Are you really trying to deny the lakers play better with lebron on the court? Real talk, did lebron shag your girlfriend or something?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Firstly, he was not asked who the GOAT was, he was asked to rank the 3 (Kobe, MJ & LeBum) from best to worst. Pay close attention from 31-35 seconds and you would get his real thoughts about the question because everybody knows the answer. When forced, I did expected him to mention his name 1st and that was the right thing to do.

Of course, sports media ran away with his comments on a James Corden show grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYdXB7fbioI
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

How is that an awful analogy? You literally just claimed a player is better than another player because his team beat the other players team?
No. I said so because he was the better player in 4 out of 6 playoff series they dueled. They are pretty much dead even on other stuff. This slander and Kobe disrespect must stop.

I get on Twitter and see Faux Lakers fans who are actually LeNomad fans slandering Kobe and downplaying his greatness

YulisCromwell:

Off the top of my head Drexler, Gervin, Miller and Mj are all high volume shooting guards and i can bet my left nut theyve all shot better than that. Efficiency has always been a part of the game, the bloody brick layer just never had it period. Glad you brought up Harden, theyre in the same ship. Harden is even better because he shoots more 3s.
Still only one player in that list is better than Jordan. 47% shooting to 45% is the statistical hairsplittin apostates like Nick Wright and others like to dance on to push nonsense propaganda

None of this perceived lack of efficiency stopped Kobe from being the second best SG of all time. Go and ask the teams Kobe slaughtered including the Spurs in the playoffs whether Kobe was efficient or not

Harden better than Kobe? Lmaooo.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Stop pushing this narrative that has been refuted many times. Are you really trying to deny the lakers play better with lebron on the court? Real talk, did lebron shag your girlfriend or something?
Nonsense! What's their record since he returned. I refuted the notion because this nonsense you people do and give LeNomad all the credit when things go well and shift the blame to the teammates when things go South needs to die.

KCP a well known streaky player scores 35 and reverts to mean the next day and next thing it's because LeNomad didn't play as if LeNomad playing guarantees a win in Utah
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2019
A40:

No. I said so because he was the better player in 4 out of 6 playoff series they dueled. They are pretty much dead even on other stuff. This slander and Kobe disrespect must stop.

I get on Twitter and see Faux Lakers fans who are actually LeNomad fans slandering Kobe and downplaying his greatness
So telling the truth about him is disrespecting him? no one ever denied that hes great but he doesnt belong anywhere near the GOAT discussion.

Still only one player in that list is better than Jordan. 47% shooting to 45% is the statistical hairsplittin apostates like Nick Wright and others like to dance on to push nonsense propaganda
You said high volume shooting guards had low efficiency, i just refuted that claim. The man was just a brick layer with a green light.

None of this perceived lack of efficiency stopped Kobe from being the second best SG of all time. Go and ask the teams Kobe slaughtered including the Spurs in the playoffs whether Kobe was efficient or not
Granted, but the second greatest at any position bar the center you'll find doesnt belong in mount rushmore.

2nd greatest PG Oscar/Isaah/maybe even curry
SF Bird/KD/Dr J
PF Dirk/KG/Malone

None of these guys belong in mount rushmore.

Harden better than Kobe? Lmaooo.
I'm talking about their efficiency. At least harden can say he shoots more 3s, whats kobricks excuse?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.