Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631206 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
This is glorious! I was hoping you could break your pact and show up so we can troll you Apostates. Hahahaha from 8 straight Finals to no playoffs at all.

Watching the horde of LeNomad fans from Shannon to Nick to the ones I know personally moan and wince and drop every excuse known to man has been so hilarious.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 11:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=A40 post=77047771][/quote]

Fvck the lakers man, we wouldnt be in the mess if lebron didnt sign for the friggin lakers. SMH
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Spicy
Of course he's wrong but I like what he said anyway. Considering he dragged a worse Lakers team to the playoffs. This season sheds more light on what Kobe had to do in the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons when he had to drag Smush Parker and Kwame Brown to the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Fvck the lakers man, we wouldnt be in the mess if lebron didnt sign for the friggin lakers. SMH
Bahahahahaha. Welcome Son! Your LeNomad wanted to hang with 2chainz and all. Where would you have had him go?
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
A40:
This is glorious! I was hoping you could break your pact and show up so we can troll you Apostates. Hahahaha from 8 straight Finals to no playoffs at all.

Watching the horde of LeNomad fans from Shannon to Nick to the ones I know personally moan and wince and drop every excuse known to man has been so hilarious.

Troll me? Ohh please!

He loses in the finals you b-tch, he doesnt go to the finals you b-tch. its obvious he cant do right in your eyes so your opinion doesnt even matter.

And the last time i saw you werent you trying to lure me into a bet. Imagine betting against Canelo, the best pound for pound boxer in the world (Bud and Loma dont have his resume, no active boxer comes close except pac mans cadaver)! LOL. Wonder how that ended for you, hope you didnt bet your life savings knowing you're as addicted to gambling as your bald he-goat.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
A40:
Bahahahahaha. Welcome Son! Your LeNomad wanted to hang with 2chainz and all. Where would you have had him go?

Anywhere but the friggin lakers and their toxic fan base. And dont even get me started on the kobtards. cry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Troll me? Ohh please!

He loses in the finals you b-tch, he doesnt go to the finals you b-tch. its obvious he cant do right in your eyes so your opinion doesnt even matter.
Lmaooo dry your eyes mate. I credit your LeNomad for showing some chutzpah to migrate to the West where the 8th seed is 11 games over .500 and not 1 game <500

Now he has to radio for backup as usual when things get sticky. Better pray and fast for Anthony Davis and another all-star to join next season or you would have to be more creative with your excuses

YulisCromwell:

And the last time i saw you werent you trying to lure me into a bet. Imagine betting against Canelo, the best pound for pound boxer in the world (Bud and Loma dont have his resume, no active boxer comes close except pac mans cadaver)! LOL. Wonder how that ended for you, hope you didnt bet your life savings knowing you're as addicted to gambling as your bald he-goat.
Lmaooo Negro shush it! Why would any OG bettor stake with a sport that's clearly rigged? I knew better after the first fight. GGG was robbed again same way Fury was robbed vs your windmill merchant Wilder. Boxing is borderline WWE nowadays.

I would have loved to take you on the Lakers missing the playoffs like I predicted so you would not just be wailing but a few pesos lighter too
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:52pm On Mar 27, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Anywhere but the friggin lakers and their toxic fan base. And dont even get me started on the kobtards. cry
Must hurt knowing core Lakers fans don't give a damn about your Nomadic herdsman. He's even got booed and barely got a reaction when he passed MJ. Truth be told the way the Lakers surrendered so tamely spoiled the fun for some of us. 18 games to go and the season was already over. Damn
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 11:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
A40:
Must hurt knowing core Lakers fans don't give a damn about your Nomadic herdsman. He's even got booed and barely got a reaction when he passed MJ. Truth be told the way the Lakers surrendered so tamely spoiled the fun for some of us. 18 games to go and the season was already over. Damn

i dont even care anymore, at least not as much as i used to. I have other things on my plate. I know its improbably but I just hope they trade him. The NBA sucks with him there and the playoffs will be even worse. Spoiler alert, the warriors destroy everyone on their way to another worthless ring. Wont even bother watching.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11am On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

i dont even care anymore, at least not as much as i used to. I have other things on my plate. I know its improbably but I just hope they trade him. The NBA sucks with him there and the playoffs will be even worse. Spoiler alert, the warriors destroy everyone on their way to another worthless ring. Wont even bother watching.
Yeah adulting will do that to you.

There's something that doesn't feel right about the Warriors. I don't think it will be as straightforward as everyone thinks
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 12:12am On Mar 28, 2019
A40:

Lmaooo dry your eyes mate. I credit your LeNomad for showing some chutzpah to migrate to the West where the 8th seed is 11 games over .500 and not 1 game <500

Now he has to radio for backup as usual when things get sticky. Better pray and fast for Anthony Davis and another all-star to join next season or you would have to be more creative with your excuses
LOL Again he has a winning record against western teams. The lakers were derailed by a series of unfortunate events but they would have made noise this year. I am yet to see who can win in the NBA without help so what is wrong with getting some?

Lmaooo Negro shush it! Why would any OG bettor stake with a sport that's clearly rigged? I knew better after the first fight. GGG was robbed again same way Fury was robbed vs your windmill merchant Wilder. Boxing is borderline WWE nowadays.

I would have loved to take you on the Lakers missing the playoffs like I predicted so you would not just be wailing but a few pesos lighter too
LOL Canelo won the second fight fair and square, i know pundits and fans hate him and predicted hed lose, i know many lost their money but be honest with yourselves. Even Abel admitted that Canelo took it to GGG, they wanted mexican style, he met them at the middle of the ring and your GGG couldnt do shit but take the plastic surgery canelo inflicted on him. Canelo won that clearly in my eyes. Andre Ward, Sugar Ray Leonard, Floyd and many others saw it the same way too.

And as for Fury, you cant get put on your a-s twice and cry about the decision. A draw is a fair result in my eyes. Thats how the british judge scored it as well.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:12am On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

LOL Again he has a winning record against western teams. The lakers were derailed by a series of unfortunate events but they would have made noise this year. I am yet to see who can win in the NBA without help so what is wrong with getting some?
Yes because he padded his wins record with the dross of the Conference. A combined 11-3 against the dross that weren't sniffing the playoffs like Dallas, Pelicans, Sacramento and Phoenix

What I would expect a skilled analyst to point out at all times is that the Lakers were still in contention to make the playoffs with 31 games left when LeNomad returned.

YulisCromwell:

LOL Canelo won the second fight fair and square, i know pundits and fans hate him and predicted hed lose, i know many lost their money but be honest with yourselves. Even Abel admitted that Canelo took it to GGG, they wanted mexican style, he met them at the middle of the ring and your GGG couldnt do shit but take the plastic surgery canelo inflicted on him. Canelo won that clearly in my eyes. Andre Ward, Sugar Ray Leonard, Floyd and many others saw it the same way too.
Ohhhh no no no I would have to be really naïve to stake on that fight after it became clear that a Knockout was the only shot GGG had at scoring a win. I'm a logical bettor now not an emotional one.

GGG outlanded Canelo in 8 of the 12 rounds, 18 media houses and only 1 had Canelo winning. It was another heist

YulisCromwell:

And as for Fury, you cant get put on your a-s twice and cry about the decision. A draw is a fair result in my eyes. Thats how the british judge scored it as well.
Lmaooo you call that first slip a knockdown? That's desperate. I was actually rooting for Wilder but he let me down with his agricultural boxing. He put Fury on his a$$ in the 12th yet Fury got up and still outboxed him and almost knocked him out. It's a pity the boxing gods didn't bless Fury with KO power.

Even Americans thought Wilder lost that fight. Teddy Atlas, Max Kellerman, I've not seen a credible American boxing pundit that didn't hand Wilder the L for that fight

Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 1:39am On Mar 28, 2019
A40:

Yes because he padded his wins record with the dross of the Conference. A combined 11-3 against the dross that weren't sniffing the playoffs like Dallas, Pelicans, Sacramento and Phoenix

What I would expect a skilled analyst to point out at all times is that the Lakers were still in contention to make the playoffs with 31 games left when LeNomad returned.
LOL but a tough conference shouldnt have "bad teams". Besides, if you beat the bottom teams, lose to the top teams and clear out the "weaker" east you still make the playoffs so that really isnt an excuse.

He came back wen they were out of rhythm, lost momentum, then the whole trade fiasco.

Ohhhh no no no I would have to be really naïve to stake on that fight after it became clear that a Knockout was the only shot GGG had at scoring a win. I'm a logical bettor now not an emotional one.

GGG outlanded Canelo in 8 of the 12 rounds, 18 media houses and only 1 had Canelo winning. It was another heist
Thats not how boxing is scored, canelo landed far more power shots. Again even GGGs trainer was complaining about how triple G fought.

You mean the media houses that all predicted canelo would lose? surprise surprise they sided with their pick in a close fight.

Lmaooo you call that first slip a knockdown? That's desperate. I was actually rooting for Wilder but he let me down with his agricultural boxing. He put Fury on his a$$ in the 12th yet Fury got up and still outboxed him and almost knocked him out. It's a pity the boxing gods didn't bless Fury with KO power.
LOL! Call it what you want that was a 10-8 round on every score card. Plus a few close rounds early on. Again a draw is certainly not a robbery like you sensitive boxing fans always like to claim after a fight that doesnt go your way.

Even Americans thought Wilder lost that fight. Teddy Atlas, Max Kellerman, I've not seen a credible American boxing pundit that didn't hand Wilder the L for that fight
Nope, everyone expected wilder to knock him out, he performed below par and that made fury look good. But ask Fury why he blatantly ran away from a rematch with wilder, he knows. Like wilder said, when he hit him in the 12th, he "touched his soul". He knows the bermaine stiverne treatment awaits him in the rematch.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:22am On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

LOL but a tough conference shouldnt have "bad teams". Besides, if you beat the bottom teams, lose to the top teams and clear out the "weaker" east you still make the playoffs so that really isnt an excuse.

He came back wen they were out of rhythm, lost momentum, then the whole trade fiasco.
What are the odds a 15 team conference wouldn't have bad teams? I'm telling you your perennial stat padder padded his records against the dross of the division. However playing in a tougher conference means you need to be 10 games over .500 to make it to the dance. Their weak record against the playoff contenders put them at a distinct disadvantage

When he came back they had a soul lifting win vs the Clippers. Why didn't they build on it? Even in the East trades happened and they made noise come playoffs time. If LeNomad was as much a leader as Bronsexuals claim then why couldn't he lead this bunch to the playoffs instead of pouting like a teenager. Kobe led trasher teams to the playoffs

YulisCromwell:

Thats not how boxing is scored, canelo landed far more power shots. Again even GGGs trainer was complaining about how triple G fought.
Naah. His shots were mostly to the body. That was where he had his real edge

By the rounds GGG outlanded him 8 times while Canelo made up for it by landing disproportionate shots in the other 4. It's pretty much the same trick Sugar Ray used vs Hagler

YulisCromwell:

You mean the media houses that all predicted canelo would lose? surprise surprise they sided with their pick in a close fight.
You mean 18 media houses picked Canelo to lose or what are you saying sef?

YulisCromwell:

LOL! Call it what you want that was a 10-8 round on every score card. Plus a few close rounds early on. Again a draw is certainly not a robbery like you sensitive boxing fans always like to claim after a fight that doesnt go your way.
A draw is a robbery when there was a clear winner. Everyone and their dog knows this. It's why boxing and it's credibility is at an all-time low

YulisCromwell:

Nope, everyone expected wilder to knock him out, he performed below par and that made fury look good. But ask Fury why he blatantly ran away from a rematch with wilder, he knows. Like wilder said, when he hit him in the 12th, he "touched his soul". He knows the bermaine stiverne treatment awaits him in the rematch.
Yes I agree. Wilder should be knocking out a guy that was out of the sport for almost 3 years, borderline obese and took warm-up fights with a bunch of pizza delivery guys. Instead he was thoroughly outclassed and his fellow Americans boxers like Mayweather, pundits like Max, Stephen A and legends like Atlas all gave Wilder the L

I was not expecting Wilder to be taught a boxing lesson and almost getting knocked out after scoring a KO. It's a pity Fury punches like a fairy else Wilder would have been knocked out

Wilder is making the usual noise he made for the AJ fight till we found out it was all a ruse. Scoring a controversial draw in your own country is a polite way of telling you you lost the fight. Everyone in boxing knows this except you
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:27am On Mar 28, 2019
steady986:
Still watching that Lance Stephenson crossover on Jeff Green. Damn. That's what you call the Lance dance. R.I.P Jeff Green
He stepped on his foot bruhhhhh. Anyway no need to bash the highlight of the Lakers season

Look at the bench shamelessly celebrating like they won Game 7. A crying disgrace grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:13am On Mar 28, 2019
A40:
He stepped on his foot bruhhhhh. Anyway no need to bash the highlight of the Lakers season

Look at the bench shamelessly celebrating like they won Game 7. A crying disgrace grin

That celebration was disgraceful to watch, how the entire Lakers bench did not get a technical for stepping on the court is beyond me. I think that is the highlight of their season sufficient enough for them to bring some sort of closure.

Miles Turner is only 23!!!!! A lot of upside for the kid and with Nate he will get better especially now that he has been paid.

PG3 has to be consistent if the Thunder team hope to go deep in the post season, this is because they lack offensive depth and Brodie is not a volume scorer the team can depend on. They would have to force teams to play under 100 or 105 to get comfortable victories.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:52am On Mar 28, 2019
steady986:

I've heard a lot about you FAM. These mofos have been ganging up against me. Glad to have you back. Just know that you're not alone on the Lebron train.

Thank God say you kuku know your brother.. Birds of a feather grin grin grin

This thread is about to BLOW now... We dey manage 1 before, now him boss don show

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 6:25am On Mar 28, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

This thread is about to BLOW now... We dey manage 1 before, now him boss don show
Someone that's talking to himself. JI!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2019
A40:

Lol. Haters gon hate.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2019
Roland17:

That celebration was disgraceful to watch, how the entire Lakers bench did not get a technical for stepping on the court is beyond me. I think that is the highlight of their season sufficient enough for them to bring some sort of closure.
Dude, why u acting like the Lakers are the first team to celebrate a good play. Every other team does it, that's the joy of the game, those special moments.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:36am On Mar 28, 2019
KCP goes from scoring 35 points while playing with LeBron, to scoring 7 without him. What is it they say about this LeBron man?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:54am On Mar 28, 2019
Devin booker getting back to back 50 games. SAS might be right this dude needs to get kidnapped out of Arizona
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 11:08am On Mar 28, 2019
A40:

What are the odds a 15 team conference wouldn't have bad teams? I'm telling you your perennial stat padder padded his records against the dross of the division. However playing in a tougher conference means you need to be 10 games over .500 to make it to the dance. Their weak record against the playoff contenders put them at a distinct disadvantage

When he came back they had a soul lifting win vs the Clippers. Why didn't they build on it? Even in the East trades happened and they made noise come playoffs time. If LeNomad was as much a leader as Bronsexuals claim then why couldn't he lead this bunch to the playoffs instead of pouting like a teenager. Kobe led trasher teams to the playoffs
LOL So maybe the west isnt as stacked as you claim it is after all. Again, if a team wins against those teams in his conference where you are required to play them in some cases more than twice then loses to the top teams and then clears the eastern teams he should qualify for the playoffs. The funny thing is the lakers have a horrible record against the so called eastern weak conference but you confused lot keep talking about the west just to suit your dumb narrative.

Naah. His shots were mostly to the body. That was where he had his real edge

By the rounds GGG outlanded him 8 times while Canelo made up for it by landing disproportionate shots in the other 4. It's pretty much the same trick Sugar Ray used vs Hagler
LOL! Like i said, you lot are all biased because you hate canelo. Apart from the legends i mentioned many others felt the same way too, just dont remember their names.

Hagler vs SRL, now that was a robbery.

You mean 18 media houses picked Canelo to lose or what are you saying sef?
As a matter of fact, yes they did.

A draw is a robbery when there was a clear winner. Everyone and their dog knows this. It's why boxing and it's credibility is at an all-time low
LOL Keep lying to yourselves, if you sore losers are just going to cry about the judges when you lose you have no business watching boxing in the first place i guess since it seems your fighters cant lose.

Yes I agree. Wilder should be knocking out a guy that was out of the sport for almost 3 years, borderline obese and took warm-up fights with a bunch of pizza delivery guys. Instead he was thoroughly outclassed and his fellow Americans boxers like Mayweather, pundits like Max, Stephen A and legends like Atlas all gave Wilder the L

I was not expecting Wilder to be taught a boxing lesson and almost getting knocked out after scoring a KO. It's a pity Fury punches like a fairy else Wilder would have been knocked out

Wilder was never going to outbox fur, what are you smoking. Wilder was only supposed to KO him and anything less than that was why everyone was unimpressed by wilder and so impressed by fury especially after getting up. Wilder won 5 rounds including 2 10 8 rounds, fury won 7. 113-113 like the BRITISH judge saw it was a fair result, everything else was hyperbole by the british fans who cant just shut their mouths, the AJ lovers and the wilder haters like you.

Wilder is making the usual noise he made for the AJ fight till we found out it was all a ruse. Scoring a controversial draw in your own country is a polite way of telling you you lost the fight. Everyone in boxing knows this except you
LOL Fury literally admitted he refused to accept the wilder rematch but wilder was down for it. Fury even said wilder is now so pissed at him hes refusing to pick his phone calls. Fury ran and signed a contract with ESPN and now hes fighting some german tomato can, its embarrassing! One judge was american, one canadian another british, if the brit had scored it for fury then fury would have won, stop speaking out of sentiments!

As for wilder refusing the 100m DAZN offer, heres why hes fully justified. Just a few months ago you lot said 15m was more than he ever made and he should accept it to fight AJ but now theyre offering him 40M? Hes the american with punching power, hes the one with star potential, and why was DAZN hiding what AJ was going to make? Like he said, hes with the people that made mayweather who he is so he should stick by them, very soon 100m will seem too little as well.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 11:10am On Mar 28, 2019
A40:

Bohoo party pooper! Harden pushed off on his crossover last year and we couldnt hear the end of it for a few weeks. Leave him alone!

You lot are just mad cause the lakers arent in a state of melancholy or havent gone into depression like you want them too.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 11:13am On Mar 28, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Manage what? you and who? it is my understanding you cant string together a decent paragraph and you're talking about managing someone? LOL! All these damn 10 year old currysexuals. I forgot how many of you there are.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 11:17am On Mar 28, 2019
Roland17:

LMAO If it isnt the celtics fan who hates lebron because he owns their franchise. Hows life treating you? werent you guys supposed to take over the east after the king went west? hows that working out for you? grin

if you think its bad now just wait until kyrie goes and joins lebron in LA and AD gets traded to the lakers. We'll see how jason tatum being just 20 will win you a ring. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
Just waiting to eat what you have to say concerning your the Cavs been swept in the last finals since you disappeared before after all the promises you made in LeBron's name. Oh! Let me guess. It wasn't you. It was your alter ego.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Just waiting to eat what you have to say concerning your the Cavs been swept in the last finals since you disappeared before after all the promises you made in LeBron's name. Oh! Let me guess. It wasn't you. It was your alter ego.

Seems you need to lay off the chink liquor. I never predicted anything less than a gentlemans sweep in those finals, especially after the refs and JR robbed us in game 1. And your memory deceives you, i was here when the series ended.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2019
YulisCromwell:

Seems you need to lay off the chink liquor. I never predicted anything less than a gentlemans sweep in those finals, especially after the refs and JR robbed us in game 1. And your memory deceives you, i was here when the series ended.
Oh!! I doubt you were here. It's alright.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Oh!! I doubt you were here. It's alright.

We debated the finals MVP, the whole hand injury thing plus where he should head next? you know better than everyone else there isnt a cowards bone in my body.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
steady986:

Dude, why u acting like the Lakers are the first team to celebrate a good play. Every other team does it, that's the joy of the game, those special moments.

I don't mean to act all sanctimonious about celebrations, but that one was exaggerated and over the top especially if you consider "Born Ready" trapped Green's right leg with his own. I mean, compare that to CP3's cross over that sent D.J Wilson on an errand on the court.
Re: The NBA Begins by YulisCromwell: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2019
Update: Lebron the washed old man who plays zero defense has a better defensive rating than Kawhi, Klay and KD and is ranked 42nd in the league in defensive win shares.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.