Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626224 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
SmooshCHN:
You really followed this dude and pushing for a follow back??

Jesus wept grin cheesy

What? Dont be deceived by the childish banter. Donlittle25 and i are obviously best friends.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
A40:
Truth be told from a basketball standpoint KD has no reason to stay in Golden State after this season. If he stays it would likely be from a business standpoint. If I were him I'd call Kyrie up and we would go play for the Clippers.

Yuup, i actually believe this is whats going to happen. They're teaming up either in NY or LA.
Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 12:06am On Apr 04, 2019
A40:
Truth be told from a basketball standpoint KD has no reason to stay in Golden State after this season. If he stays it would likely be from a business standpoint. If I were him I'd call Kyrie up and we would go play for the Clippers.
could care less if he goes. Happy while it lasted. He tried for us but we tried more for him!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:46am On Apr 04, 2019
CuteRedd:
could care less if he goes. Happy while it lasted. He tried for us but we tried more for him!

The media just want the player to leave GSW sha. They are forcing the narrative from all angles. KD got more ejections last season than this one. And the ejection of last game or the Timberwolves game are on the refs who wanted us to lose by fire and by force against Minnesota. There is nothing much to read into it. KD is in his feelings because some media people still refer to Bron as the best player in the NBA (their excuse being KD is in GSW). Some even went as far as saying it is now Harden. With the type of person KD is, those things will get to him (remember him complaining about always being 2nd).

As for all those KD, Kyrie rumors, they are all null and void. Same media were cock-sure Paul George was heading to LA to join Bron. LOL. How did that work out? A.D and Kawhi nko? LMAO. How many people here can beat their chests and say they knew Kyrie would demand a trade from Cavs when he did? None. Because players generally hide their intentions. So if KDs movement feels obvious, that is because there is most likely going to be none.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
Khanben:
Westbrook just continues to pad stats. I really cannot understand his rationale for staying in this Lakers game

That's why he may never won a championship ring.

Very selfish guy. Just like kyrie and harden
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
Ocon:
I think most guys here are US based...

But me dey use Sportybet App to stream Live match for our 9ja here

You'll be surprised that they are Naija based like you grin

With the internet, the world is a global village. See some of them talking white/black, race etc when they may never have crossed Muritala International.

Me, I just dey look them in 3D

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
darkelf:

You'll be surprised that they are Naija based like you grin

With the internet, the world is a global village. See some of them talking white/black, race etc when they may never have crossed Muritala International.

Me, I just dey look them in 3D

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2019
[quote author=SmooshCHN post=77261496][/quote]

They say misery loves company. Leave the sad man to his assumptions.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
jairo01:
how do you guys watch games?
Download this app. They stream from football, basketball, tennis and Formula 1. You'd need like 1gb per game of basketball cos it streams in 720p.
https://www.apkmonk.com/download-app/com.navixsport.app/5_com.navixsport.app_2018-04-10.apk/
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
RexBarkridge:

They say misery loves company. Leave the sad man to his assumptions.
You still haven't followed me back on Twitter. grin cheesy grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Download this app. They stream from football, basketball, tennis and Formula 1. You'd need like 1gb per game of basketball cos it streams in 720p.
https://www.apkmonk.com/download-app/com.navixsport.app/5_com.navixsport.app_2018-04-10.apk/
Navixsport is the app o. That's how I watch my games too.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
SmooshCHN:
You still haven't followed me back on Twitter. grin cheesy grin grin

Whats your handle?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hardetayour:
Navixsport is the app o. That's how I watch my games too.
All they need right now is to out up quality options. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
darkelf:

That's why he may never won a championship ring.

Very selfish guy. Just like kyrie and harden
wrong
Re: The NBA Begins by oginniboy(m): 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
rotimi9:
wrong
he is right bro they are all selfish.....what do u think is the secret of harden shooting 40+ in a game
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 7:30am On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
All they need right now is to out up quality options. cheesy
True.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:12am On Apr 05, 2019
A40:
No! He is not better anything, he is simply going closer to the rim. And his 3P % is still down so he has not even improved as a shooter. Try again
I'd believe you if you showed me stats supporting your claim.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:29am On Apr 05, 2019
Woke up this morning surfing IG then I saw this. I almost ran mad. This dude Stephen was the last person to ever drag with thief. Always cool and easy going. He was in the nephrology unit in LUTH when I joined them there. I spent a month in that unit with this guy and two other House Officers (Dr Ike and Dr Damilola) they all were perfect like siblings. We would tease him when he's getting tired and asks us when ward rounds or clinic would be over. I'd be the first to lie and tell him we still have like 4-6 patients to see. His reaction was always priceless. He couldn't live without his glasses, the SR would make fun of it and we would all laugh about it. Even after leaving the unit, I'd see him and he wouldn't recognize me from a distance until he was really close because of his eye sight. I teased him about looking so tired from working last week Friday and talked about his glasses 2 days ago. He was to finish his House Job in few months. He was young, calm and collected and worked hard like many Doctors who are never appreciated because no one sees what's happening behind the scene in this damaged healthcare system. And this morning, I'm hearing he was stabbed to death by armed robbers. I left the hospital around 9:15pm yesterday and it never looked like anything dangerous would have taken place outside the hospital where he was stabbed. One thing I know is, this country is f*cked. The government is f*cked up, Security including police, SARS is f*cked up. After stealing from the innocent man, you proceed to take his life. This is f*cked up.

I pray for his family.
If you have the opportunity, leave Nigeria.
The most useless statement I keep hearing is "if you all keep running away, who will fix Nigeria?".
I don't totally regret deciding to come back but I regret every single minute I spend each day and won't hesitate to leave once I'm done.
If the government policy isn't against you, poverty stricken people are against you. People have been so damaged even a perfect government right now won't fix it.

Tomorrow is never promised to an average citizen even when you live diligently.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:57am On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Woke up this morning surfing IG then I saw this. I almost ran mad. This dude Stephen was the last person to ever drag with thief. Always cool and easy going. He was in the nephrology unit in LUTH when I joined them there. I spent a month in that unit with this guy and two other House Officers (Dr Ike and Dr Damilola) they all were perfect like siblings. We would tease him when he's getting tired and asks us when ward rounds or clinic would be over. I'd be the first to lie and tell him we still have like 4-6 patients to see. His reaction was always priceless. He couldn't live without his glasses, the SR would make fun of it and we would all laugh about it. Even after leaving the unit, I'd see him and he wouldn't recognize me from a distance until he was really close because of his eye sight. I teased him about looking so tired from working last week Friday and talked about his glasses 2 days ago. He was to finish his House Job in few months. He was young, calm and collected and worked hard like many Doctors who are never appreciated because no one sees what's happening behind the scene in this damaged healthcare system. And this morning, I'm hearing he was stabbed to death by armed robbers. I left the hospital around 9:15pm yesterday and it never looked like anything dangerous would have taken place outside the hospital where he was stabbed. One thing I know is, this country is f*cked. The government is f*cked up, Security including police, SARS is f*cked up. After stealing from the innocent man, you proceed to take his life. This is f*cked up.

I pray for his family.
The most useless statement I keep hearing is "if you all keep running away, who will fix Nigeria?".
I don't totally regret deciding to come back but I regret every single minute I spend each day and won't hesitate to leave once I'm done.
If the government policy isn't against you, poverty stricken people are against you. People have been so damaged even a perfect government right now won't fix it.

Such a promising young man...This is sad!!! angry sad angry sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:

I pray for his family.

RIP. Prayers for his family.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
Regular season is ending soon. End of season award time.

MVP: In this category I really do think this year's situation is a great reason why the modalities of awards like this, should have allowance for two players sharing the award. But if I have to pick just one I'll give it to Giannis.

ROY: Luka Doncic honourable mention to Trae Young

DPOY: I have Joel Embid ahead of PG13

6MOY: Lou Williams

MIP: Pascal Siakam

COY: Mike Budenholzer
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2019
aliondo:

Such a promising young man...This is sad!!! angry sad angry sad
He was stabbed in his thigh to the femoral vessels. Apparently, a common occurrence outside LUTH gate. They then went on to rob hostels in the compound. All these and no security operatives to call.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
@SmooshCHN

I am very sorry for the loss. Do you remember earlier in the year when I said I had no regrets calling Nigeria a “shiiithole”? Well, stupid stuff like this.

After his family have gone through hell to raise a doctor with hopes they would soon reap the rewards of some of their labor, Nigeria strikes and takes the boy away.

I am never going to say it is perfect where I am but anyone who has the opportunity to leave for greener pastures, should please do. Do not hesitate in taking a shot at it. Life in Nigeria is abnormal.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:19pm On Apr 05, 2019
steady986:

I'd believe you if you showed me stats supporting your claim.
Enter Basketball Reference and update yourself. The stats are there waiting for you
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:

I pray for his family.

I saw this man. I don't even know what to say. I'm just tired. One of my Medilag smallie has been in tears since this broke out. I just wonder when we plan on being our brother's keeper. Simple commandment and God knows why he charged us with that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2019
Lmaooooo I lost count of how many times Giannis blocked Embiid last night. If I were voting he'd be my MVP abeg. This dude is the most dominant two way force in the league as we speak.

MVP and DPOY - Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
CuteRedd:
Lol I think he needs to see a shrink. I've never seen KD this upset. He has picked up more techs this year than in his 11 years in the league combined. When Boogie is coming to play peacemaker then water don pass garri.

Lmaooo una relationship was symbiotic tbh.
Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
A40:
Lol I think he needs to see a shrink. I've never seen KD this upset. He has picked up more techs this year than in his 11 years in the league combined. When Boogie is coming to play peacemaker then water don pass garri.

Lmaooo una relationship was symbiotic tbh.
exactly, his demeanor has been subpar lately...He has this brusque attitude I have noticed. I really think he would leave...it was fun while it lasted maybe we pay boogie the max, keep the core and let KD go grin and get a solid SF! We will be alright cool
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
He was stabbed in his thigh to the femoral vessels. Apparently, a common occurrence outside LUTH gate. They then went on to rob hostels in the compound. All these and no security operatives to call.

Security in this country is so porous... sad sad
Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
A40:
Lmaooooo I lost count of how many times Giannis blocked Embiid last night. If I were voting he'd be my MVP abeg. This dude is the most dominant two way force in the league as we speak.

MVP and DPOY - Giannis Antetokounmpo
He would surely get MVP. DPOY i doubt
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
CuteRedd:
exactly, his demeanor has been subpar lately...He has this brusque attitude I have noticed. I really think he would leave...it was fun while it lasted maybe we pay boogie the max, keep the core and let KD go grin and get a solid SF! We will be alright cool

Ona don spoil my K.D for me..abi?? grin grin When he was with us,dude was so meek and quiet...You will never think he could hurt a fly.. wink wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
aliondo:

Security in this country is so porous... sad sad
we don’t have security at all...we can only say something is porous if it’s there. In this case nothing is there at all. Just Sad!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Skrrrrrrr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.