Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626169 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2019
CuteRedd:
we don’t have security at all...we can only say something is porous if it’s there. In this case nothing is there at all. Just Sad!

SO true..Thanks for correcting me..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2019
Roland17:
@SmooshCHN

I am very sorry for the loss. Do you remember earlier in the year when I said I had no regrets calling Nigeria a “shiiithole”? Well, stupid stuff like this.

After his family have gone through hell to raise a doctor with hopes they would soon reap the rewards of some of their labor, Nigeria strikes and takes the boy away.

I am never going to say it is perfect where I am but anyone who has the opportunity to leave for greener pastures, should please do. Do not hesitate in taking a shot at it. Life in Nigeria is abnormal.
I've been weak throughout the whole day. It scares me staying in this country. Shit Hole is an understatement
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2019
A40:
I saw this man. I don't even know what to say. I'm just tired. One of my Medilag smallie has been in tears since this broke out. I just wonder when we plan on being our brother's keeper. Simple commandment and God knows why he charged us with that
I don't know why those f*ckers don't just take what they want and leave.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
CuteRedd:
exactly, his demeanor has been subpar lately...He has this brusque attitude I have noticed. I really think he would leave...it was fun while it lasted maybe we pay boogie the max, keep the core and let KD go grin and get a solid SF! We will be alright cool
KD has the thinnest skin of all athletes I've ever seen, even thinner than LeNomad. I mean this was someone creating burner accounts to reply faceless people. I mean you're Kevin goddamn Durant FFS why should you even care??

Lol are you sure you want to pay Boogie max?? Honestly sha if I'm Durant the key would be linking up with another star and going to the Clippers. Imagine if he gave the Clippers their first ring. Even his worst detractors would have no coherent retort against his legacy anymore
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Why would you even rob a Doc? Their pay is so poor I can't even understand.
Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2019
aliondo:

Ona don spoil my K.D for me..abi?? grin grin When he was with us,dude was so meek and quiet...You will never think he could hurt a fly.. wink wink
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
CuteRedd:
He would surely get MVP. DPOY i doubt
Who else is more deserving of DPOY? Giannis can probably guard all 5 positions. Dude is a monster and wants all the smoke
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
Sorry for loss SmooshCHN. The insecurity is everywhere jare last last na God hand we must dey to be truly secure. It is a shame though and never a day goes by where I don't say a prayer for my people back home.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Sometimes they do stuff like that to scare people. Since you said he was stabbed in the thighs I am guessing the fools did not think it could lead to that kind of finality. My thoughts are with his people through this harrowing time. During my NYSC, friend of mine was accosted for his car, he ceded the keys to the robbers who still shot him and he passed 3 days after. I made up my mind to leave Nigeria at that time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
aliondo:

Ona don spoil my K.D for me..abi?? grin grin When he was with us,dude was so meek and quiet...You will never think he could hurt a fly.. wink wink

It was KD himself who said he was tired of the good boy image. He will be fine. The media want to force him to leave because he is an easy target- mentally.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
Khanben:
Regular season is ending soon. End of season award time.

MVP: In this category I really do think this year's situation is a great reason why the modalities of awards like this, should have allowance for two players sharing the award. But if I have to pick just one I'll give it to Giannis.

ROY: Luka Doncic honourable mention to Trae Young

DPOY: I have Joel Embid ahead of PG13

6MOY: Lou Williams

MIP: Pascal Siakam

COY: Mike Budenholzer

Giannis will win DPOY as compensation for not winning MVP which they will give to Harden. Trae Young deserves the ROTY IMHO. But it won't be wrong if Doncic wins it. I am leaning with Trae because the odds were firmly stacked against him but everyone else knew Doncic was legit. I agree with every other thing here.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2019
A40:
Lmaooooo I lost count of how many times Giannis blocked Embiid last night. If I were voting he'd be my MVP abeg. This dude is the most dominant two way force in the league as we speak.

MVP and DPOY - Giannis Antetokounmpo

Been saying this forever and a day now. Adetokunbo is the MVP. I could careless how many 50points triple doubles Harden puts up, this Guy is the MVP.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Eruditor:

Sometimes they do stuff like that to scare people. Since you said he was stabbed in the thighs I am guessing the fools did not think it could lead to that kind of finality. My thoughts are with his people through this harrowing time. During my NYSC, friend of mine was accosted for his car, he ceded the keys to the robbers who still shot him and he passed 3 days after. I made up my mind to leave Nigeria at that time.
Deliberately killing another human still shocks me. The sad thing is, that place has a canal where those miscreants stay and it happens from time to time. Knowing Nigeria, nothing will be done. I'm pack my bags once I'm done.
A40:
Why would you even rob a Doc? Their pay is so poor I can't even understand.
Upon their meagre salary, I can't count how many times I've seen them pay for patients bills. From common #4500 chest x-ray to CT scan of like #60000. They sometimes contribute when patients can't afford CT scan. It's not even doctors alone. The average decent Nigerian deserves a better life and that life is outside Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2019
Giannis is taking MVP. No question.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
Eruditor:

It was KD himself who said he was tired of the good boy image. He will be fine. The media want to force him to leave because he is an easy target- mentally.

I am suspecting peeps like Draymond that gingered him and told him to put away that good boy image so he could look and sound tough
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Deliberately killing another human still shocks me. The sad thing is, that place has a canal where those miscreants stay and it happens from time to time. Knowing Nigeria, nothing will be done. I'm pack my bags once I'm done.
Upon their meagre salary, I can't count how many times I've seen them pay for patients bills. From common #4500 chest x-ray to CT scan of like #60000. They sometimes contribute when patients can't afford CT scan. It's not even doctors alone. The average decent Nigerian deserves a better life and that life is outside Nigeria.
I think say na China you dey. Wetin carry you come back? Far as I know health practitioners here are doing charity work. The bare minimum security and healthcare we don't prioritize at all.

My friend in pharmacology na so them owe her till she go do her Youth service. Salary of less than $300 they can't pay comfortably. I dunno again mehn

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2019
Khanben:
Regular season is ending soon. End of season award time.

MVP: In this category I really do think this year's situation is a great reason why the modalities of awards like this, should have allowance for two players sharing the award. But if I have to pick just one I'll give it to Giannis.

ROY: Luka Doncic honourable mention to Trae Young

DPOY: I have Joel Embid ahead of PG13

6MOY: Lou Williams

MIP: Pascal Siakam

COY: Mike Budenholzer
MVP - Divide it into two between Giannis and Harden

ROY - Luka Doncic. Trae Young didn't wake up till after All-star Break. Assists is the only department Trae Young tops Luka

DPOY - Giannis Antetokounmpo. Can guard all 5 positions. Go and ask Embiid's back if you're in doubt

MIP - Pascal Spicy Siakam

6MOY - Lou Williams.

COY - Who had the Bucks as a top 4 seed never mind best record in the league. Honorable mention to Doc Rivers and Nate McMillan but Mike Budenholzer all the way

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DammyOlu123(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Woke up this morning surfing IG then I saw this. I almost ran mad. This dude Stephen was the last person to ever drag with thief. Always cool and easy going. He was in the nephrology unit in LUTH when I joined them there. I spent a month in that unit with this guy and two other House Officers (Dr Ike and Dr Damilola) they all were perfect like siblings. We would tease him when he's getting tired and asks us when ward rounds or clinic would be over.

My guy. You're closer to me than I anticipated. I had no idea you'd even come to Nigeria for house job. Dr Dami was my classmate. And I'm trying to get into LUTH for house job(you can imagine the turmoil in my mind right now. I have half a mind to cut my losses and just go to UCH). I've been to Idi Araba several times, and that area always seemed so dissimilar to the hospital. I've always known accommodation in LUTH would be nonexistent for the first few months, so I'd have to commute daily. Now this just shows how real my apprehension was about the neighbourhood that hospital is in.

This news was very traumatic to me, so I can only imagine the effect it would have on you and others close to Stephen. I pray his family and friends get closure.

Nobody is safe in this country. Get out as soon as you can. Don't listen to any trash about building bla bla. One can only build when he has the resources and the SECURITY to build.

I normally don't comment on here, talk less of writing epistles, but this really touched me. It really did.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DammyOlu123(m): 9:54pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
He was stabbed in his thigh to the femoral vessels. Apparently, a common occurrence outside LUTH gate. They then went on to rob hostels in the compound. All these and no security operatives to call.

Wow. Just wow. With all the gra gra that the security form during the day? This is just sickening. I heard a rumor that the CMD is denying everything, and he used security to scatter the peaceful protest. I just hope it's not true. Because that just affirms that our leaders are our own undoing.

And don't be perturbed. Nothing will be done about the security situation.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:

bro man, take heart. I have never met this guy, but the way you describe him makes him real to me. Unfortunately, everyone has enough stories of vibrant, good people just dying like fowls because nothing works in the country.

After convocation? Kai! May God comfort the mother and family.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
A40:

MVP - Divide it into two between Giannis and Harden

ROY - Luka Doncic. Trae Young didn't wake up till after All-star Break. Assists is the only department Trae Young tops Luka

on ROY, Luka is not really a rookie, which is why he didnt have to "wake up". Dude was a pro already. Trae Young is a real rookie, and you can see as his NBA mind has been developing all season. Having watched many Hawks games this year, Trae is no longer just an assists guy. It is scary how much PG skills he has developed in a season. This guy will at least be as good as Jason Kidd. And he is now comfortable stroking the long ball. And Im saying this as someone who really didnt care for Hawks or Trae.

On MVP, Im partial to Harden of course. I think Giannis takes it, but Harden has a strong case - for a good chunk of the season, CP3 and Capella were out. Harden held the fort and kept Rockets in the hunt in the Westeros conference.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:06am On Apr 06, 2019
A40:
I think say na China you dey. Wetin carry you come back? Far as I know health practitioners here are doing charity work. The bare minimum security and healthcare we don't prioritize at all.

My friend in pharmacology na so them owe her till she go do her Youth service. Salary of less than $300 they can't pay comfortably. I dunno again mehn

I wanted raw experience man. China makes everything so easy of which what I needed raw experience. For like #9000 you could do a CT scan and like 20k for MRI. Unlike Nigeria where you'd have to hone your clerking skills because most patients can't afford to splash #60000 on CT scan only for it to come out negative for what you were suspecting. In China, they'd just run a routine tests from cross matching to CT, MRI or PET CT. Learning in an environment where there isn't easy Access to technology would be a blessing when you've mastered the suffer head type of learning and then get the luxury of technology.
Besides there's nothing bad in learning the Nigerian way if I needed a nigerian license. You could pass USMLE and fail the Nigerian MDCN exam (I'm kidding. However, Medicine in Africa is just different from Asia or Europe.)

Not gonna lie I'm not fully regretting the decision but, I don't feel safe, happy or as free as I was back there. And with every passing day, I feel I took those times for granted. This Nigeria isn't it Bro. My first day in the hospital was chaos. Nigerians are suffering. People leaving their families to the hands of doctors because they couldn't afford #50000 and when they come back seeing their loved ones getting better, they'll thank God not knowing how these doctors contributed money for their bills or how someone donated money. Of course they go back home to give testimonies about how the doctors were wrong.
DammyOlu123:

My guy. You're closer to me than I anticipated. I had no idea you'd even come to Nigeria for house job. Dr Dami was my classmate. And I'm trying to get into LUTH for house job(you can imagine the turmoil in my mind right now. I have half a mind to cut my losses and just go to UCH). I've been to Idi Araba several times, and that area always seemed so dissimilar to the hospital. I've always known accommodation in LUTH would be nonexistent for the first few months, so I'd have to commute daily. Now this just shows how real my apprehension was about the neighbourhood that hospital is in.

This news was very traumatic to me, so I can only imagine the effect it would have on you and others close to Stephen. I pray his family and friends get closure.

Nobody is safe in this country. Get out as soon as you can. Don't listen to any trash about building bla bla. One can only build when he has the resources and the SECURITY to build.

I normally don't comment on here, talk less of writing epistles, but this really touched me. It really did.
Wow!! I've met Dami and another girl in her final year. Her name is Awe. We were in A&E triage together. Nigerian students are too bright for this country. I'd recommend LUTH to anyone. The pros is, you'd learn so much as most of the SRs and consultants are willing to help. Accommodation is still an issue but I think you might be lucky to get a place before the new batch comes in as some house officers are leaving. If not, commuting daily is the only solution. I had to do that for like 4 months before getting accommodation outside. It doesn't feel safe at all so I'd recommend being patient till you get an apartment inside the hospital compound. You can even stay with some fellow house officers. They are that nice.
DammyOlu123:

Wow. Just wow. With all the gra gra that the security form during the day? This is just sickening. I heard a rumor that the CMD is denying everything, and he used security to scatter the peaceful protest. I just hope it's not true. Because that just affirms that our leaders are our own undoing.

And don't be perturbed. Nothing will be done about the security situation.
The CMD is just trying to control damage. Majority of the consultants and SRs spent the night with Stephen. Some left their homes at midnight just to help. He went into cardiac arrest twice before giving up. There's no denying it. The protest would continue to hold not only because of Stephen but because of the doctors safety. Let's not forget that the female hostels were robbed. The boys hostel got lucky. I've been attacked by patients relatives. Other doctors have had it worse. Security there is a joke. The management can act ignorant for the media but not in reality. The protest will stop soon but I'm sure the management will have stupid meetings. It's just sad cases like these have to happen frequently before they'd take it seriously. If Doctors don't get easy access to gloves to work with, you for sure can forget about security. The whole country is a mess. From the healthcare sector to banking to education. Everything is messed up.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:08am On Apr 06, 2019
A40:
Enter Basketball Reference and update yourself. The stats are there waiting for you
I no see am, show me
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:16am On Apr 06, 2019
birdman:

bro man, take heart. I have never met this guy, but the way you describe him makes him real to me. Unfortunately, everyone has enough stories of vibrant, good people just dying like fowls because nothing works in the country.

After convocation? Kai! May God comfort the mother and family.
another day in this shîthole.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:17am On Apr 06, 2019
steady986:

I no see am, show me
you're still on this? Let it go na grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:24am On Apr 06, 2019
A40:
Enter Basketball Reference and update yourself. The stats are there waiting for you
Let me help you. Last season, KCP attempted 2.5 shots per game from less than 10 ft and made 1.6. This season, he's attempting 1.9 per game and making 1.2. As you can clearly see from the photos. If you were a pundit you'd just be feeding your audience with nothing but made up lies.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:12am On Apr 06, 2019
steady986:

Let me help you. Last season, KCP attempted 2.5 shots per game from less than 10 ft and made 1.6. This season, he's attempting 1.9 per game and making 1.2. As you can clearly see from the photos. If you were a pundit you'd just be feeding your audience with nothing but made up lies.
Unku. You're just nitpicking stats like beans!

The whole premise of your argument is based on a paltry .7 uptick in Field Goal percentage. Smh

It might look like it but truth be told I don't have time for your tales by moonlight. All I know is he is taking 44% of his 2P at the rim compared to last year's 40%

It also helps that he cut down (from 32 to 26%) on taking probably the most useless shot in basketball. Those long two's beyond 17ft and just short of the 3pt line. Happy? Or we should give LeNomad credit for a player simply using his common sense
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:13am On Apr 06, 2019
It's so much fun watching OKC and San Antone playing Avoid Golden State
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:31am On Apr 06, 2019
birdman:

on ROY, Luka is not really a rookie, which is why he didnt have to "wake up". Dude was a pro already. Trae Young is a real rookie, and you can see as his NBA mind has been developing all season. Having watched many Hawks games this year, Trae is no longer just an assists guy. It is scary how much PG skills he has developed in a season. This guy will at least be as good as Jason Kidd. And he is now comfortable stroking the long ball. And Im saying this as someone who really didnt care for Hawks or Trae.
Naah. Not buying that argument at all. I don't care if he was a pro, he was stepping up from a lower competition at age 19. Age 19

Older players take time to adjust in new environments never mind a 19 year old. So as much as Trae has exceeded the ceiling I set for him what he's been doing since after the All-star break is what Luka had been doing since October

birdman:

On MVP, Im partial to Harden of course. I think Giannis takes it, but Harden has a strong case - for a good chunk of the season, CP3 and Capella were out. Harden held the fort and kept Rockets in the hunt in the Westeros conference.
I agree in large part to this but just for the sheer fact that no one saw the Bucks coming. For his two-way impact (just ask Embiid) and the fact that he's doing it at such a much more efficient level whether the refs blow their whistle or not I'm leaning ever so slightly towards Giannis
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:47am On Apr 06, 2019
A40:
It's so much fun watching OKC and San Antone playing Avoid Golden State

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:50am On Apr 06, 2019
KCP torching the Clippers with 23 pts sans LeNomad. Someone will soon come here and tell us how the earth revolves around the sun faster when LeNomad plays
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:52am On Apr 06, 2019
A40:
Lmaooooo I lost count of how many times Giannis blocked Embiid last night. If I were voting he'd be my MVP abeg. This dude is the most dominant two way force in the league as we speak.

MVP and DPOY - Giannis Antetokounmpo

Giannis had 5 blocks in that game, 4 on Embiid alone

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.