Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644394 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 1:45am On May 25, 2019
Now they'll say their almighty Max Kellerman is wrong. cheesy grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:00am On May 25, 2019
LeBron is flirting with uncle Drew and I love it!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:01am On May 25, 2019
You know in the good old days when you had a problem with someone you track his IP address, show up to their house and place a bomb in it you don't report him to the mods! What is wrong with this generation? SMH
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:58am On May 25, 2019
If Kyrie join Lebron, it’s gonna be the weakest move in nova history. Weakest than Lebron joining 2 all stars in Miami and KD joining 73 win team. Imagine leaving Cleveland cos u want to have your own team, you got your own team but couldn’t get pass 2nd round in the playoffs. Now you going back to be second option of the same Man U despise 2 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:16am On May 25, 2019
Are you comparing Kidd to Jordan or Lebron. You don't get it bro. Players are different. Kidd at 34 is not the same as Jordan at 34. Some players fade away earlier than others, it usually becomes obvious as their careers unfold. So when he says Kidd at 34, he meant Kidd didn't have much left in his tank at 34.
steady986:

LeBron is 34, Jordan was 35 when he won his 5th MVP, so quit all these age excuses.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:25am On May 25, 2019
benji93:
Are you comparing Kidd to Jordan or Lebron. You don't get it bro. Players are different. Kidd at 34 is not the same as Jordan at 34. Some players fade away earlier than others, it usually becomes obvious as their careers unfold. So when he says Kidd at 34, he meant Kidd didn't have much left in his tank at 34.

Kidd was an all-star in 2007, was an all-star two more times after that. I know you started watching basketball last month but Kidd as far as longevity goes is up there with Karl Malone and Kareem.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:27am On May 25, 2019
ipledge10:
If Kyrie join Lebron, it’s gonna be the weakest move in nova history. Weakest than Lebron joining 2 all stars in Miami and KD joining 73 win team. Imagine leaving Cleveland cos u want to have your own team, you got your own team but couldn’t get pass 2nd round in the playoffs. Now you going back to be second option of the same Man U despise 2 years ago.

Keep crying mate. That doesn't even begin to compare to KDs legendary you can't beat them you join them move. Doesn't even matter. Just know the Lakers are going to obliterate the golden State Warriors into irrelevance again. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:31am On May 25, 2019
That guy never sticks to one thing, he makes a bold statement,then turns around and makes a different one when the first one doesn't seem realistic. The same guy that named Giannis as the best player, even though he is well aware he does not have a jumpshot(it surprises me he couldn't see the facts here), later mentioned that, the winner of the eastern conference determines the best player. One of the few times i have supported his contribution was when he used probability to prove to Stephen A smith that , the GSW can still win without KD. He claims Curry cannot be re-introduced into the best player in the world category because he choked in 2016, well, you learn from the best, you can't choke better than Lebron. I guess Lebron should never be in the conversation after his choke job against Dallas.
smoosh20:
Now they'll say their almighty Max Kellerman is wrong. cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:31am On May 25, 2019
Only time will tell.
KarnThornheart:

Keep crying mate. That doesn't even begin to compare to KDs legendary you can't beat them you join them move. Doesn't even matter. Just know the Lakers are going to obliterate the golden State Warriors into irrelevance again. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:48am On May 25, 2019
You do't get it, this was a match up against Lebron, making the all star team does not mean you are capable of driving a team to later stages of the play offs. A lot of stuffs drives the selection, making the all-star team does not mean you are still as impactful.
KarnThornheart:

Kidd was an all-star in 2007, was an all-star two more times after that. I know you started watching basketball last month but Kidd as far as longevity goes is up there with Karl Malone and Kareem.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:01am On May 25, 2019
benji93:
You do't get it, this was a match up against Lebron, making the all star team does not mean you are capable of driving a team to later stages of the play offs. A lot of stuffs drives the selection, making the all-star team does not mean you are still as impactful.

In his absolute prime year he averaged 17 11 7 in 2007 he averaged 13 9 8 and 15 11 11 in the playoffs. Small fry, like I told you, you don't know basketball. Allow it.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:02am On May 25, 2019
benji93:
Invalid point. Are they not all athletes? Or was Jason Kidd a farmer? Jason Kidd is a hall of famer for crying out loud. So as KG and PP. Jason Kidd played till he was 41, he couldn't have been washed up at 34.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:06am On May 25, 2019
benji93:
You didn't get the part where I said Jordan was MVP at 35, and still was finals MVP and won the ring.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:06am On May 25, 2019
Mahn remember when people were actually saying curry is better than LeBron in 2016 and LeBron beat the bejeezus out of the cockroach? He beat the little bitch so bad he had to go cry to the serpent to save him from their abusive dad? LOOOOL! Good times!

Mark me, A king will always laugh at a jester just like a Porsche will always pass a fiesta.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:14am On May 25, 2019
Remember when uncle drew was sodomizing wardell so hard his wife tried to save him? I don't know who's a bigger bitch, Wardell or his wife? grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:17am On May 25, 2019
Hardetayour:
No. It's just u and your cousin that finally achieved orgasm. Look at both of you go. grin

I did jizz. All over your mum's face too. I intend to do it again today, after iftar of course. I have no remorse.

So I edited this post, just know it could've been worse small fry so stop crying.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:20am On May 25, 2019
Hardetayour:
Me I don't have power again to reply them like our Oga A40. I'm just sitting and watching

Like anyone cares what this bozo has to say. The clown can barely string together a coherent sentence and he thinks people care about what he has to say. Please don't respond, as a matter of fact don't post at all. Spare people from having to pity your wretched life and your epic dumbosity.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:30am On May 25, 2019
Wardell Curry is great and all until he gets to the finals and turns into Damon Jones . cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:51am On May 25, 2019
With the king injured and trying to regroup. Many imposters arise. is it the serpent of oakland? Or maybe its the Claw of LeBronto? Why do you people blaspheme so easily?

We all know there's only one true King. King James of house lakers, ruler of all 30 teams, slayer of the 73 win Warriors, Father or Wardell curry and Kevin Durant, Mayor of Lebronto and owner of the Boston Celtics.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:13am On May 25, 2019
ZenHallewell:
Mark me, I'm going to troll the warriors so hard on this thread next season i'm going to make so many people stop watching basketball.

WE are going to troll the Warriors so hard.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:33am On May 25, 2019
smoosh20:
I'm actually making a good amount of money from it. You should try it too. grin cheesy

I knew it!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:58am On May 25, 2019
darkelf:

Hi, Karnthornheart, it's me your friend. It ain't smoosh cheesy

I know you're not smoosh. Dwight Howard thinks he's slick.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 11:15am On May 25, 2019
KarnThornheart:

I did jizz. All over your mum's face too. I intend to do it again today, after iftar of course. I have no remorse.

So I edited this post, just know it could've been worse small fry so stop crying.
Leeeeemmmmmaaaaaaooooo.

You brought mum into this shit. Just so you know, whenever and wherever I meet you, we have beef and I'll do all my best to do damage to you physically and mentally.

Peace

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:20am On May 25, 2019
If Toronto makes the finals, I don't see the warriors winning without Durant.

Kawhi, danny Green and siakam will take turns to make life hell for curry and klay.
Draymond green needs to have a monster series to get the other guys involved in the offence.
And then the warriors will lack a consistent scoring threat from inside which makes matters worse for them.
However, two big factors play into the warriors favour
1) Experience
2) Toronto's unique ability to choke grin

With championship experience and heart the warriors will makes this a series but matchup wise Toronto has the edge.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:50am On May 25, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Totally unnecessary!
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 12:06pm On May 25, 2019
Roland17:

Totally unnecessary!
Stop Roland17. Did you expect anything better when he's on the wrong side of any conversation?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:24pm On May 25, 2019
Are you kidding me, it's like saying we all have the same level of intelligence or we all have the same level of athletism. We can all be athletic, but some are definitely more athletic than others, and in terms of durability, longevity and an extension of superstardom, a lot of factors come into play, including previous injuries, personal care(Lebron can give you some advice, if he is not taking steroids). So i am afraid, if jason Kidd was a farmer, then there were better farmers.
steady986:

Invalid point. Are they not all athletes? Or was Jason Kidd a farmer? Jason Kidd is a hall of famer for crying out loud. So as KG and PP. Jason Kidd played till he was 41, he couldn't have been washed up at 34.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:58pm On May 25, 2019
Oh i see, maybe they will take turns running around like headless chickens. If the Raptors go big, it will be an easy sweep. The GSW team is not the stagnant Bucks team. Which useless match up, even the chief haters still thinks GSW wins this one. We will see if Kawhi can handle running around for long stretches of time. I love Kawhi, but i predict, he will play one game, miss the next game, like he did in the regular season. The wall will be practically ineffective against GSW.Guard the ghosts in the post, and we will take our chances from outside. The naive Giannis cannot even make the best of the fact that his drive converges at least 3 players into the post, the guy only kicks the ball out when it's too late. I don't understand why Budenhozer keeps allowing his superman run into the same setup everytime. You prevent Curry from driving, he kicks it to the wings for an open shot . In fact i honestly think, it will be more difficult with Durant, given that there is a potential Kryptonite in Kawhi. If Lebron was a better defender in those series he got swept, the result might have been different.
etidy:
If Toronto makes the finals, I don't see the warriors winning without Durant.

Kawhi, danny Green and siakam will take turns to make life hell for curry and klay.
Draymond green needs to have a monster series to get the other guys involved in the offence.
And then the warriors will lack a consistent scoring threat from inside which makes matters worse for them.
However, two big factors play into the warriors favour
1) Experience
2) Toronto's unique ability to choke grin

With championship experience and heart the warriors will makes this a series but matchup wise Toronto has the edge.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:01pm On May 25, 2019
benji93:
Are you kidding me, it's like saying we all have the same level of intelligence or we all have the same level of athletism. We can all be athletic, but some are definitely more athletic than others, and in terms of durability, longevity and an extension of superstardom, a lot of factors come into play, including previous injuries, personal care(Lebron can give you some advice, if he is not taking steroids). So i am afraid, if jason Kidd was a farmer, then there were better farmers.
Like I said, all these players in question are hall of famers. Or are you telling me that only MJ and LeBron have the right to be athletic at 34. Like they have some sort of super powers that the rest of the NBA players don't have?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:05pm On May 25, 2019
That is the thing, life is not fair. If you don't understand that, then you have a lot to learn. The distribution of strengths in nature is not exactly fair, or perhaps, some are enhancing their abilities. It's not about rights, "human rights no dey share talent" grin . The reason for which there is a difference between an average player and an all star-level player, is the same reason for which there is a difference between an all star and a superstar. It is what it is.
steady986:

Like I said, all these players in question are hall of famers. Or are you telling me that only MJ and LeBron have the right to be athletic at 34. Like they have some sort of super powers that the rest of the NBA players don't have?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:08pm On May 25, 2019
benji93:
That is the thing, life is not fair. If you don't understand that, then you have a lot to learn. The distribution of strengths in nature is not exactly fair, or perhaps, they are just enhancements. It's not about rights, "human rights no dey share talent" grin . It is what it is.
You're making this claim just to favour your argument. You were not in their bodies to know that they weren't athletic after the age of 34. How can somebody be thrash at 34 and still play till he is 41? That doesn't make sense. Even Jordan didn't play till 41. Not to talk about all the years he missed in between.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:27pm On May 25, 2019
No i am not, Olajuwon played till 2002, when he was 39, do you know how many points he averaged that year? In fact his decline became more drastic after 1997, when he was 34. Perhaps his body could no longer hold the weight of carrying a team. So you can play till 50, but how impactful can you be be at 50. Do you know how long Lebron has been in his prime? that is unlike most other superstars, he is probably in his own category on that note. Kareem's longevity was particularly enhanced by the fact that he played with some other beasts, one superstar comes to mind, so he didn't have to carry much load, he got carried sometimes.
steady986:

You're making this claim just to favour your argument. You were not in their bodies to know that they weren't athletic after the age of 34. How can somebody be thrash at 34 and still play till he is 41? That doesn't make sense. Even Jordan didn't play till 41. Not to talk about all the years he missed in between.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: dadrenaline(m), etidy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.