Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644295 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2019
benji93:
No i am not, Olajuwon played till 2002, when he was 39, do you know how many points he averaged that year? In fact his decline became more drastic after 1997, when he was 34. Perhaps his body could no longer hold the weight of carrying a team. So you can play till 50, but how impactful can you be be at 50. Do you know how long Lebron has been in his prime? that is unlike most other superstars, he is probably in his own category on that note. Kareem's longevity was particularly enhanced by the fact that he played with some other beasts, one superstar comes to mind, so he didn't have to carry much load, he got carried sometimes.
Paul Pierce averaged 19 points at age 34, 35 and 36, which is not exactly a steep decline
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:57pm On May 25, 2019
Good point, who would you expect to decline more at that age, Olajuwon or Pierce. Again you confirmed my point strengths are not evenly distributed. Meanwhile Paul pierce played with Garnett and Ray Allen at a point, so he didn't have ot carry a lot of load for lon periods either.
steady986:

Paul Pierce averaged 19 points at age 34, 35 and 36, which is not exactly a steep decline
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2019
benji93:
Good point, who would you expect to decline more at that age, Olajuwon or Pierce. Again you confirmed my point strengths are not evenly distributed. Meanwhile Paul pierce played with Garnett and Ray Allen at a point, so he didn't have ot carry a lot of load for lon periods either.
There's no parameter to determine who should decline faster.

And Jordan had Pippen and co so he didn't do it alone as well, as you saw that he couldn't do it all alone in Washington. Likewise LeBron. He did it with the Heat and Cave because he had support, but he couldn't do it with the Lakers because he lacked support.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:14pm On May 25, 2019
I never stated there was any specific parameter, hence the Olajuwon vs Pierce example, and i agree Jordan had Pippen, hence his extended career of winning. For instance in 2007/2008 season Jason Kidd averaged 8.6 points, 6.8 assists and 6.4 TRB in the playoffs, do you consider that good?
steady986:

There's no parameter to determine who should decline faster.

And Jordan had Pippen and co so he didn't do it alone as well, as you saw that he couldn't do it all alone in Washington. Likewise LeBron. He did it with the Heat and Cave because he had support, but he couldn't do it with the Lakers because he lacked support.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:11pm On May 25, 2019
benji93:
Oh i see, maybe they will take turns running like headless chickens. If the Raptors go big, it will be an easy sweep. The GSW team is not the stagnant Bucks team. Which useless match up, even the chief haters still thinks GSW wins this one. We will see if Kawhi can handle running around for long stretches of time. I love Kawhi, but i predict, he will play one game, miss the next game, like he did in the regular season. The wall will be practically ineffective against GSW.Guard the ghosts in the post, and we will take our chances form outside. The naive Giannis cannot even make the best of the fact that his drive converges at least 3 players into the post, the guy only kicks the ball out when it's too late. I don't understand why Budenhozer's keeps allowing his superman run into the same setup everytime. You prevent Curry him from driving he kicks it to the wings for an open shot . In fact i honestly think, it will be more difficult with Durant, given that there is a potential Kryptonite in Kawhi. If Lebron was a better defender in those series he got swept, the result might have been different.
The match up part go me thinking, if I watched different Raptors team. I just hope they come with different tactics against GSW. If they run same tactics they playing Buck with against GSW, nothing will stop the sweep.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:21pm On May 25, 2019
benji93:
I never stated there was any specific parameter, hence the Olajuwon vs Pierce example, and i agree Jordan had Pippen, hence his extended career of winning. For instance in 2007/2008 season Jason Kidd averaged 8.6 points, 6.8 assists and 6.4 TRB in the playoffs, do you consider that good?
And in 2012 playoffs he averaged 11.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and assists and 3.0 steals. Is it that he became better at 40 than he was at 35? I thought he was supposed to be declining?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 25, 2019
Roland17:

Totally unnecessary!

Ooh boohoo! You get all up in your feelings over the slightest things but when it's about me it's funny yeah? I wipe my arse with your feelings.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Ooh boohoo! You get all up in your feelings over the slightest things but when it's about me it's funny yeah? I wipe my arse with your feelings.

I will rebuke anyone who goes that far at you or anyone for that matter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 25, 2019
Roland17:

I will rebuke anyone who goes that far at you or anyone for that matter.
Really? Cause I don't remember you protesting when these happened. Hypocrite!

donlittle25:

Diversity hire or not, I work at one of the biggest company in the world. Your illegitimate mum still has to beg the emir to send you pocket money once in three months.

Like @a40 said, you have all the traits of an illegitimate child.

Omo ale.

donlittle25:

Still 5 inches deep in your Mum

tongue

same way your mum isn't in your pops rotation tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:45pm On May 25, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Really? Cause I don't remember you protesting when this happened. Or when these happened. Hypocrite!

Show me where I acknowledged or encouraged such level of trolling against you. There is no reason why anyone should hit that low, it is unnecessary and uncalled for.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 25, 2019
Hardetayour:
Leeeeemmmmmaaaaaaooooo.

You brought mum into this shit. Just so you know, whenever and wherever I meet you, we have beef and I'll do all my best to do damage to you physically and mentally.

Peace

LOL!

"
Man are dishing out threats, putting money on my head
then they see me on the roads then they screw me.
How can I be scared? Big man like me with a beard
I buss two two jokes, now they think I'm a prick, little nigga beware
"
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 25, 2019
"Just last week I heard a couple man want me dead. So I went out bought a Gucci Hat and put money on my own head."
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:00am On May 26, 2019
Roland17:

Show me where I acknowledged or encouraged such level of trolling against you. There is no reason why anyone should hit that low, it is unnecessary and uncalled for.

I don't remember you sending for him like you sent for me either. undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:42am On May 26, 2019
That's an outlier, you no do statistics for school? Meanwhile padding your stats in the face of a sweep is Lebronesque. Although OKC was a more talented team.
steady986:

And in 2012 playoffs he averaged 11.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and assists and 3.0 steals. Is it that he became better at 40 than he was at 35? I thought he was supposed to be declining?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:51am On May 26, 2019
D. Green continues to stink up the joint. He belongs in the G-League at this point.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:58am On May 26, 2019
The bucks dont want to go home today.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:33am On May 26, 2019
The newly born brought Vleet some good fortune, the guy is in shooting form.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:22am On May 26, 2019
5 point game. 1 quarter to go.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:38am On May 26, 2019
Raptors lead by 8. Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:39am On May 26, 2019
How many times will Kawhi dunk on Giannis? shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:43am On May 26, 2019
The Claw is just schooling Gianis
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:52am On May 26, 2019
Giannis needs to seriously expand his offensive game.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:54am On May 26, 2019
Giannis needs to learn how to shoot...He was so free there to get a jumpshot..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:56am On May 26, 2019
@Birdman, do you see why I am against Giannis walking the ball up? Reggie Miller just collaborated my thoughts with that play.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:11am On May 26, 2019
The Bucks just choked a 2-0 lead.

It is all about the CLAW!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:11am On May 26, 2019
So happy for the Raptors and Lowry....They've paid their dues...

The smile on Masai's face is priceless... wink
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:12am On May 26, 2019
Lol. 3.6 to go, Raptors lead by 6 and Bud is calling a timeout. Even if you carry jazz from Benin, nothing wey you fit do for this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:13am On May 26, 2019
This Milwaukee team getting out rebounded when it matter the most.

Kawhi first season in Toronto, and they are making their first NBA finals. I think Kahwi is gonna sign extension with raptors.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:13am On May 26, 2019
Big shout out to Fred Van Vleet but this one is for the Claw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md15-bpJpdY
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:18am On May 26, 2019
ipledge10:

Kawhi first season in Toronto, and they are making their first NBA finals. I think Kahwi is gonna sign extension with raptors.
Taah, Kawhi to the Lakers. He's coming home.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:29am On May 26, 2019
ipledge10:

No one can confidently say they know what Kawhi is going to do but Masai and the Raptors definitely have something to pursue their cause in keeping him in Toronto.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 4:49am On May 26, 2019
KarnThornheart:

LOL!

"
Man are dishing out threats, putting money on my head
then they see me on the roads then they screw me.
How can I be scared? Big man like me with a beard
I buss two two jokes, now they think I'm a prick, little nigga beware
"
You think it's by dishing out lyrics. Wait until u hear the real music. If you're really the son of your father, give me your real and present location, then u can buss out whatever lyrics u have on that your godforsaken tongue.

You'll forever regret that u could bring my mum into this conversation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.