Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,279 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630342 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:00am On May 26, 2019
Hardetayour:
You think it's by dishing out lyrics. Wait until u hear the real music. If you're really the son of your father, give me your real and present location, then u can buss out whatever lyrics u have on that your godforsaken tongue.

You'll forever regret that u could bring my mum into this conversation.

Check your dm.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:05am On May 26, 2019
Put up or shut up my dude. I'm still waiting.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:11am On May 26, 2019
Congrats to the Toronto Raptors on this one, particularly Masai. Well he was not wrong he initiated the process that led to this success, and Kawhi, happy for the guy too, he has revalidated himself.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:24am On May 26, 2019
Roland17:
@Birdman, do you see why I am against Giannis walking the ball up? Reggie Miller just collaborated my thoughts with that play.

It was still their best option unfortunately, given the supporting cast. Unlike Rockets where we have a HOF PG, Bucks backcourt was exposed by a more experienced team. As you saw, the team was impotent without Giannis as the initial decision maker. Giannis has a lot to work on this offseason. And the Bucks need a better PG than Hill.

Btw this loss was more painful to me than the Rockets loss. At the same time, it feels good to see some kawhi vindication.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:29am On May 26, 2019
Hardetayour:
You think it's by dishing out lyrics. Wait until u hear the real music. If you're really the son of your father, give me your real and present location, then u can buss out whatever lyrics u have on that your godforsaken tongue.

broda calm down. if u follow mad man fight, u sef don mad be dat. you acting like u didnt know he could go this low when u decided to waste ur time arguing with him.

same goes for you guys that keep encouraging him with arguments. You cant get in the gutter than be complaining someone dirtied your clothes.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:36am On May 26, 2019
Kawhi does not seem like the kind of guy that would enjoy the bright lights of LA or NY. I think he has thrived in Toronto because of the low celebrity demand especially with the media and paparazzi in comparison to the larger markets.
If he was a US market, news about his thigh injury would have been exaggerated and that would have irked him but the Canadian media have respected his privacy and not invaded his life with news about his injury. This would be almost impossible in the US.
The Raptors season can be termed successful at this point. It was important for them to end this series tonight so they can rest before Thursday.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:44am On May 26, 2019
Why is “Warriors in 4” trending right now? I’m lowkry upset, but those tweets are funny.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:46am On May 26, 2019
birdman:

broda calm down. if u follow mad man fight, u sef don mad be dat. you acting like u didnt know he could go this low when u decided to waste ur time arguing with him.

same goes for you guys that keep encouraging him with arguments. You cant get in the gutter than be complaining someone dirtied your clothes.

You have no stake in this. The man feels I insulted his honour and he feels he needs to retaliate by meeting me in person. Let the man do what he has to do if he has a death wish, it's none of your business. Just checked your profile and you wouldn't know anything about honour would you? You godless hell bound heathen!
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 6:20am On May 26, 2019
Hardetayour:

The guy is immature. Don't let him get to you.

His actions are laughable but he could also be suffering undiagnosed mental disorder.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 6:24am On May 26, 2019
steady986:
Lol. 3.6 to go, Raptors lead by 6 and Bud is calling a timeout. Even if you carry jazz from Benin, nothing wey you fit do for this game.

You dey mind am
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:32am On May 26, 2019
etidy:
If Toronto makes the finals, I don't see the warriors winning without Durant.

Kawhi, danny Green and siakam will take turns to make life hell for curry and klay.
Draymond green needs to have a monster series to get the other guys involved in the offence.
And then the warriors will lack a consistent scoring threat from inside which makes matters worse for them.
However, two big factors play into the warriors favour
1) Experience
2) Toronto's unique ability to choke grin

With championship experience and heart the warriors will makes this a series but matchup wise Toronto has the edge.

Kawhi has never been able to guard Curry. Add Danny Green and Siakam to the mix. It seems people have forgotten what GSW looked like in 2015/16. If Curry is to have a bad game, it will have to be system basketball doing the job. Since I have watched him, I have never seen individual players guard him well apart from one or two odd events like Dellavadoa. And that was one game, he got torched the next game and Cavs had to re-strategize.

Kawhi is great and all that, but he will need to be better than he has been to get over the hump. Even for him, that is a tall task.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:38am On May 26, 2019
ipledge10:
Why is “Warriors in 4” trending right now? I’m lowkry upset, but those tweets are funny.

Most people did not want Raptors in the finals because the media had hyped Bucks as GSW destroyers even though we lost both games to Raptors and split the series with the Bucks. It is just media narrative.

I know the GSW players are not taking those tweets to heart. We suffered all season with the Warriors are not the same and they can't do anything without KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 7:06am On May 26, 2019
A40 see your Boy Bledsoe with 8 points grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:12am On May 26, 2019
Eruditor:

Kawhi has never been able to guard Curry. Add Danny Green and Siakam to the mix. It seems people have forgotten what GSW looked like in 2015/16. If Curry is to have a bad game, it will have to be system basketball doing the job. Since I have watched him, I have never seen individual players guard him well apart from one or two odd events like Dellavadoa. And that was one game, he got torched the next game and Cavs had to re-strategize.

Kawhi is great and all that, but he will need to be better than he has been to get over the hump. Even for him, that is a tall task.

Not saying the raptors will win, but you seem to have forgotten that kawhi's spurs was beating GSW by 20pts before Zaza's curse struck. Kawhi's defense is just extraordinary(one of the things Nick has said recently that I agree with is that there is elite defense and above that is what kawhi can do). Imagine a scenario where they put him a Draymond from full court especially when Green is initiating the offense. The amount of steals/turnovers kawhi can force in this scenario can hurt GSW.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:22am On May 26, 2019
Khanben:

Not saying the raptors will win, but you seem to have forgotten that kawhi's spurs was beating GSW by 20pts before Zaza's curse struck. Kawhi's defense is just extraordinary(one of the things Nick has said recently that I agree with is that there is elite defense and above that is what kawhi can do). Imagine a scenario where they put him a Draymond from full court especially when Green is initiating the offense. The amount of steals/turnovers kawhi can force in this scenario can hurt GSW.
I don't know how someone will look at this series and say the warriors are the favorites. The raptors defense is legit, who on the warriors can stop kawhi? Only KD and he's injured at the moment. If KD comes back early, I see a warriors win but otherwise, it's a raptors win.

Kawhi, Lowry and Danny Green are all legit wing defenders. They will make life difficult for curry and klay.

Regardless of who wins this series will change the legacy of kawhi and curry.

If curry wins, he automatically joins the top 10 all time player and number 2 point guard ever behind only magic.

If kawhi wins, he becomes undoubtedly the best player in the league. 2 final MVPs, 2 Dpoy, 2 nba titles and he's not even 30 yet! He can win a couple of regular season MVP and we are looking at the second coming of MJ.

If the warriors lose and the curry has a shitty series which is very likely with kawhi on him +several double teams. He would be seen as the star player that keeps choking in the finals.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2019
Roland17:
Kawhi does not seem like the kind of guy that would enjoy the bright lights of LA or NY. I think he has thrived in Toronto because of the low celebrity demand especially with the media and paparazzi in comparison to the larger markets.
If he was a US market, news about his thigh injury would have been exaggerated and that would have irked him but the Canadian media have respected his privacy and not invaded his life with news about his injury. This would be almost impossible in the US.
The Raptors season can be termed successful at this point. It was important for them to end this series tonight so they can rest before Thursday.
You're under the spotlight as long as you're a star in this league, whether in Toronto or in LA. And you are addressed based on the way you expose yourself to the media. Kawhi has always been a calm guy. And everybody loves him, even the media. So, he'll be just fine in LA too. wink
Re: The NBA Begins by tallskinnyperv(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2019
etidy:

I don't know how someone will look at this series and say the warriors are the favorites. The raptors defense is legit, who on the warriors can stop kawhi? Only KD and he's injured at the moment. If KD comes back early, I see a warriors win but otherwise, it's a raptors win.

Kawhi, Lowry and Danny Green are all legit wing defenders. They will make life difficult for curry and klay.

If curry wins, he automatically joins the top 10 all time player and number 2 point guard ever behind only magic.

If kawhi wins, he becomes undoubtedly the best player in the league. 2 final MVPs, 2 Dpoy, 2 nba titles and he's not even 30 yet! He can win a couple of regular season MVP and we are looking at the second coming of MJ.

If the warriors lose and the curry has a shitty series which is very likely with kawhi on him +several double teams. He would be seen as the star player that keeps choking in the finals.
so kd is better than andre iguodala in defence lol..are u sure u watch bball at all

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2019
Eruditor:

No one ever seems to successfully guard him because when it comes to matchups, the best defenders are always thrown to KD, then Klay, before thinking about Curry. Look at Pat Beverley on KD when normally he should be guarding Curry. And against Portland, Dame didn't guard Curry, instead Seth and CJ took turns in guarding him. I don't see Kawhi guarding Curry this time around though, I think Lowry would guard him. And I believe he'll do a better job on him than his previous defenders. Curry won't be shut down by any means, but he'll be contained better.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2019
etidy:

He has to be finals MVP to achieve that
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:09am On May 26, 2019
But you seem to have forgotten Iguodala's Defence, Kawhi has to be dominant on both ends of the court for them to stand a chance.
Khanben:

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:17am On May 26, 2019
Did you say they will make life difficult?, have you forgotten they will have to score too, with green shooting bricks and Lowry shooting inconsistently, they will need vleet not to only keep his shooting form, but also make a lot of 3-pointers.
etidy:

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 11:35am On May 26, 2019
darkelf:

The guy is immature. Don't let him get to you.

His actions are laughable but he could also be suffering undiagnosed mental disorder.
Maybe I'll just start reporting all his accounts for nothing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:37am On May 26, 2019
benji93:
But you seem to have forgotten Iguodala's Defence, Kawhi has to be dominant on both ends of the court for them to stand a chance.

Is Iguodala's man to man defense better than Jimmy Butler's/giannis/brogdon/Middleton. Cause the Klaw just schooled these guys in the last two series.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 11:39am On May 26, 2019
Lol. You guys are talking like GSW are slouches on defence too. They've always had top 3 defensive until last season and even last season, the playoffs highest defensive rating is owned by GSW.

Iggy, Draymond, Klay. People seem to forget the Warriors are not just an offensive team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 11:40am On May 26, 2019
Khanben:

Is Iguodala's man to man defense better than Jimmy Butler's/giannis/brogdon/Middleton. Cause the Klaw just schooled these guys in the last two series.
For you to even compare Middleton and Brogdon to Iggy defensively sef dey one kind. Or u seem to forget Iggy won finals MVP that year all because he was guarding LeBum

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 12:26pm On May 26, 2019
So going into the finals, the talk here is that the Raptors are the favourites.. Alright. No problem. I'll take that for data.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:28pm On May 26, 2019
Khanben:

Baba, I can tell you Iggy’s defense is better than all the guys you mentioned there. The only thing holding the man back now is his age and even at that he moves his feet and is more intelligent that than those guys you mentioned when it comes to timing, deflections and one on one defense. The only person that may have a legitimate argument on that list is Butler and rightfully so.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:31pm On May 26, 2019
Hardetayour:
For you to even compare Middleton and Brogdon to Iggy defensively sef dey one kind. Or u seem to forget Iggy won finals MVP that year all because he was guarding LeBum

Lance the prankster also plays great D against Lebron. Iggy is a great defender but he cannot stop the likes of kawhi, KD, offensively.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:33pm On May 26, 2019
Roland17:

Baba, I can tell you Iggy’s defense is better than all the guys you mentioned there. The only thing holding the man back now is his age and even at that he moves his feet and is more intelligent that than those guys you mentioned when it comes to timing, deflections and one on one defense. The only person that may have a legitimate argument on that list is Butler and rightfully so.

What of Giannis
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:38pm On May 26, 2019
Are you kidding me, did you just place Middleton, Brogdon and Jimmy Buttler in the same category as Iguodala, this guy has seen it all in the finals bro, maybe you have forgotten how he own the finals MVP. And i don't know why you mentioned Giannis, i don't think you watched the series, Giannis wasn't guarding Kawhi generally. Iguodala is stronger than all those guys you mentioned, he matches well with Kawhi in strength. Did you say schooled them while shooting below 45%. Kawhi's sucess against Giannis is based on the fact that, giannis mostly backs up, after. If you are a pretty good defender with help, you should be able to handle that.He doesn't have the handles necessary to get himself out of some uncomfortable situations. Don't be deceived he couldn't have done it without Gasol and Siakam, even though the media makes it seem he handled Giannis by himself. In fact Giannis inability to shoot jump shots consistently made Kawhi even more successful, i am afraid GSW does not play that way.
Khanben:

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2019
steady986:

You're under the spotlight as long as you're a star in this league, whether in Toronto or in LA. And you are addressed based on the way you expose yourself to the media. Kawhi has always been a calm guy. And everybody loves him, even the media. So, he'll be just fine in LA too. wink

I disagree 100%. The media in the US is very invasive and owe no player any kind of loyalty. Their job is to break and exaggerate stories of any celebrity irrespective of personality.
Why do you think there has been no official diagnosis of Kawhi’s injury? It’s simply because Kawhi asked the team doctor and the Raptors not to discuss his injury and that is why Nurse and Masai continue to deflect questions about it by saying he is healthy and has no injury. Let me assure you that if Kawhi was in the US news about the leg injury would have headlined every game. The Canadian media have respected Kawhi’s private life and even during pressers there is almost no discussion about his injury. Do you think it is possible in the US especially in LA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.