Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625979 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
A40:
It's a damn shame. Even Luis Ortiz turned down $7m. He wanted $10m. Pray tell what's the difference between $7m and $10m

Especially for someone like ortiz who will probably never see that kind of money. Its possible the drugs cycle rumor is true too. Makes sense.

And screw all the people saying Wilder is being classless. This is boxing, if you want class go watch croquet. And didnt joshua just say this a few days ago

"People have realised Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder have been professional 11 years, yet in their whole career they were fighting cab drivers and bin men."

Hearn and his team have sh-t on wilder and his manager at any opportunity they could get. Their online minions have been harassing wilder calling him a duck and all sort of names. Now they want him to show class? LOL! Besides, he has every right to be pissed off that joshua just threw potentially the biggest heavyweight pay day ever down the drain for them.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Especially for someone like ortiz who will probably never see that kind of money. Its possible the drugs cycle rumor is true too. Makes sense.
Andy Ruiz took the fight with 4 weeks notice. Granted he is much younger but unless you're trying to flush PEDs out your cycle why turn down a guaranteed $7m regardless of the outcome.

People forget that the suprise element also works for the fill-in fighter

KarnThornheart:

And screw all the people saying Wilder is being classless. This is boxing, if you want class go watch croquet. And didnt joshua just say this a few days ago

"People have realised Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder have been professional 11 years, yet in their whole career they were fighting cab drivers and bin men."

Hearn and his team have sh-t on wilder and his manager at any opportunity they could get. Their online minions have been harassing wilder calling him a duck and all sort of names. Now they want him to show class? LOL! Besides, he has every right to be pissed off that joshua just threw potentially the biggest heavyweight pay day ever down there drain for them.
I have zero issues with Wilder's rants. I have always felt AJ has lacked that edge and nastiness with that clean boy/gentleman spiel he is always up to. This is Heavyweight boxing ma nigga! And I was very happy with that trash talk on First Take. It's a pity he didn't back it up

On the other hand Wilder can go fck himself. He turned down good money for a chance at the belt. Maybe he would be Undisputed by now if he didn't let his ego get in the way

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
KarnThornheart:

The fight was at MSG New York. And theres no way a -2500 favorite should be concerned about home advantage even if the fight was at Ruiz's house. If we are going to list the boxers that lost at home we will crash nairaland. The most important thing fighting at home is if it goes judges and in this case, again with what we saw just earlier with katie holmes who is also under DAZN and is probably the most popular female boxer in the world right now bar maybe claressa shields, it was definitely not a concern. You pointed to the povetkin fight, maybe that should have told you theres no way a heavyweight was going to keep getting away with getting hit like that and eventually someone was going to take him to pound town. Jarrett Hurd isnt even a heavyweight and look what happened to him.

Here I was thinking it was in Vegas. I am not saying he would have won at home but I think he would have gained from the inspiration boxing at home while underperforming. Remember he knocked Ruiz down in the 3rd round and that was his chance to take control of the fight. Like I said earlier, this type of loss was bound to happen soon.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Jadsy01(f): 6:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Tennis Champion Serena Williams has been knocked out of the French Open. Reports have it that Williams‘ bid to win a record-equalling 24th Grand Slam title never came to pass on Saturday after she was knocked out of the French Open 6-2, 7-5 by 20-year-old Sofia Kenin in …

Read more via Ekomiami the Lagos household blog

https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2019/06/02/serena-williams-knocked-out-of-the-french-open-by-20-year-old-american-sofia-kenin-information-nigeria/

Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
A40:
It's a damn shame. Even Luis Ortiz turned down $7m. He wanted $10m. Pray tell what's the difference between $7m and $10m
$3m shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
CuteRedd:
$3m shocked
Hehehehe. If you were worth $10m and I $7m there is nothing you can buy that I cannot buy
Re: The NBA Begins by CuteRedd(f): 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
A40:
Hehehehe. If you were worth $10m and I $7m there is nothing you can buy that I cannot buy
you can’t buy something worth $10m. Why say no to more money? More money is always “more”

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
CuteRedd:
you can’t buy something worth $10m. Why say no to more money? More money is always “more”
I could pay in installments for that thing you have that's supposedly worth $10m. Secondly $7m beats $0 which is what he wound up getting for not fighting AJ never mind the belts
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 03, 2019
Drake is such an insufferable dweeb!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:38am On Jun 03, 2019
D. Green is playing his heart out.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:47am On Jun 03, 2019
At least the refs are calling the holding fouls on Curry. That should deter FVV from continuing to guard him that way.

Couple offensive boards we let them get at the end there but good D all game.

Warriors!
Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 1:51am On Jun 03, 2019
Toronto has been able to hold on so far
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:52am On Jun 03, 2019
These rotations Kerr. There is no spacing with it. They know you want the ball in Klay's hands. I think we can try Boogie in the post a little.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:56am On Jun 03, 2019
FVV repping the “815”
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 03, 2019
Steph Curry needs some milk.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:57am On Jun 03, 2019
Kawhi just put McKinni on skates with that crossover shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 03, 2019
This warriors bench is filled with bums.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:59am On Jun 03, 2019
Please Mckinnie and Jerebko, make those open 3s. Curry will still get his. I don't mind when he misses.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:02am On Jun 03, 2019
Now Curry is missing defensive assignments.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:02am On Jun 03, 2019
The Warriors can not generate any kind of offense. They are shooting 29% but they are getting to the freebie line and that has kept them close.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:02am On Jun 03, 2019
Demarcus looking like Boogie today. Good for him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:04am On Jun 03, 2019
The high pick and roll with Gasol has been a problem for the Warriors to defend throughout this series. Just look at how high he is but still creates offense with his passing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:05am On Jun 03, 2019
Missed Draymond layup. Dunk for Powell. Missed wide open 3 for Jerebko. And 1 for Kawhi. 11pt lead for Raptors.

No, the role players have to shoot better in this.
Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 2:05am On Jun 03, 2019
looking not too good for the warriors
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:09am On Jun 03, 2019
Curry missing layups.

Okay.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 2:10am On Jun 03, 2019
KD is needed. Raptors playing the Warriors far better than I expected.
Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 2:12am On Jun 03, 2019
iguodala just fainted
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:12am On Jun 03, 2019
Okay. Hard screen by Gasol but it was not intentional. I hope Iggy is okay.

This half was down to extremely bad shooting on wide open shots. The shots FVV is making are the types Mckinnie, Jerebko and Cook missed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 03, 2019
Eruditor:
Curry missing layups.

Okay.

Why is it that a lot of times when your man is needed the most hes either sick, injured or AWOL?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:12am On Jun 03, 2019
Please who saw the call they gave to Kawhi now?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:13am On Jun 03, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Why is it that a lot of times when your man is needed the most hes either sick, injured or AWOL?

He will come good.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:14am On Jun 03, 2019
Eruditor:
Okay. Hard screen by Gasol but it was not intentional. I hope Iggy is okay.

This half was down to extremely bad shooting on wide open shots. The shots FVV is making are the types Mckinnie, Jerebko and Cook missed.

A hard screen but it was not an illegal screen. His teams mates should have called out the screen for Iggy to avoid the result, that is what team mates do, it is part of court communication.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.