Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631012 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 11:19am On Jun 30, 2019
steady986:

Then don't be upset if the Lakers go for Kawhi. It's even.
Nobody really cares. You keep screaming 'parity' just to suit your own desire.

U can take James Harden and Giannis too. Nobody cares
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
steady986:

That means if LeBron wins with the Lakers, he's king of LA right?
If he wins as the best player on the team. AD might outshine him if he stays healthy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Bruh!! I no understand o. It's worse when the bad happens and they have no remorse for their stubbornness.

Took me a while to find out this happens. grin grin

Can I identify as an attack helicopter? cry cry
I just think Branch Dravidians when I see them tbvh
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2019
DeeMain:

Nevertheless, still stand with all my expressed 'medical' views in that debate.

Don't take this place too seriously though.

It's just a game.
Nah! No one takes a public forum seriously. You were wrong though. I understand you didn't like how things turned out for KD with the Warriors and I still hold the team responsible for all that happened however, we're grown men here. Of course we argue and all that but there's no harm in learning a thing or two. Being open minded does no harm.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2019
A40:
I just think Branch Dravidians when I see them tbvh
I see the similarities. grin

But Collison meant to say he couldn't play ball and practice his religion? Maybe I'm thinking it too much sha.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Nah! No one takes a public forum seriously. You were wrong though. I understand you didn't like how things turned out for KD with the Warriors and I still hold the team responsible for all that happened however, we're grown men here. Of course we argue and all that but there's no harm in learning a thing or two. Being open minded does no harm.

I actually I'm open to others opinions and to learn.

If you noticed I kept using the words, 'possibility', 'might', probably especially as to why he got a career threatening injury . Even gave the link where one medical opinion strongly supported my view and the other didn't.

The other things I said about doctors not being omniscient and having emotions and the possibility of them being affected by pressure are just also commonsensical and human psychology not only medical.

If we really got down to medicine or your expertise, I will be the first to bring out my writing pad.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
DeeMain:

I actually I'm open to others opinions and to learn.

If you noticed I kept using the words, 'possibility', 'might', probably especially as to why he got a career threatening injury . Even gave the link where one medical opinion strongly supported my view and the other didn't.
The other things I said about doctors not being omniscient and having emotions and the possibility of them being affected by pressure are just also commonsensical and human psychology not only medical.

If we really got down to medicine or your expertise, I will be the first to bring out my writing pad.
I strongly agreed with you on the coloured however it's very unlikely when there's MRI and X-rays available. It's more than 5 people on different sides with different interests looking at the whole thing.. Anyways, back to basketball, I hope KD comes back even better. It's easy for someone like him.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2019
A40:
If he wins as the best player on the team. AD might outshine him if he stays healthy
Lol, we all know there's only going to be one best player in a team containing LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
Hardetayour:
Nobody really cares. You keep screaming 'parity' just to suit your own desire.

U can take James Harden and Giannis too. Nobody cares
I Smell fear in your tone. Not to worry, we'll only do a 3 peat.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I strongly agreed with you on the coloured however it's very unlikely when there's MRI and X-rays available. It's more than 5 people on different sides with different interests looking at the whole thing.. Anyways, back to basketball, I hope KD comes back even better. It's easy for someone like him.
No, it's harder for someone like him. He's a high usage player, not a catch and shoot type like Klay. Klay would do much better coming off an Achilles injury. Well, what do I care, I'm preparing for my 3 peat.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
steady986:

No, it's harder for someone like him. He's a high usage player, not a catch and shoot type like Klay. Klay would do much better coming off an Achilles injury. Well, what do I care, I'm preparing for my 3 peat.

How is KD a high usage player. He has never had the highest usage rate in his own team ever.
He is a beast in Iso situations but most of those leads to him shooting over the his defender.
KD's injury as long as there is no complications will not slow him down cause he is not a Skywalker like Westbrook or Drose.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2019
Dame dollar about to get the super max (196 mil for 4 years)........

Good move for you?? Some be arguing that he will never win a ring. ..he will just waste away his prime years..

What you think? wink
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2019
Khanben:

How is KD a high usage player. He has never had the highest usage rate in his own team ever.
He is a beast in Iso situations but most of those leads to him shooting over the his defender.
KD's injury as long as there is no complications will not slow him down cause he is not a Skywalker like Westbrook or Drose.

Personally I don't see KD going down like the way D.Rose went down..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
Khanben:

Because he hasn't topped his team is usage doesn't mean he's not a high usage player. Come on, he's KD
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2019
SmooshCHN:

I understand that part and agree largely to an extent. To an extent because it brings me to my other point which is: because the organization is there employer, under pressure, like during the Warriors playoff injury crisis, the medical team might be inclined to protect their employers best interest more than the players. Key word is under pressure.

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, this is one of the reasons players often consult independent medical consultants.

And I hope KD gets well and leaves the Warriors to get his first real ring grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
KD, Kyrie, and Deandre Jordan going to the Net

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2019
ipledge10:

shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
steady986:

I Smell fear in your tone. Not to worry, we'll only do a 3 peat.
You can make out my tone from texts? Goodluck to you then
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
Crazy move...next season about to be interesting... to be sincere, I think Kawhi should stay in Toronto
aliondo:

shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 10:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
ipledge10:

Lol. This is interesting
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
Can't say I did not see it coming.

#slimreaper
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2019
I pray his haters would get off his back now. He has endured for a really long time but it wasn't for nothing tho.

I wish he comes back 100% and be the kind of player he has always been
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2019
Middleton $178million 5years contract...Bucks just wasted lot of cash
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2019
We had to watch people call him a loser for playing his heart out and losing to one of the strongest teams ever assembled. "Le 3-6 is a loser, He can't be the GOAT if he doesnt have 6 championships they said". And when he joined a team with the worst record over the last five years in the NBA they all said he was done, and he only went there for Hollywood. Now, they're all running helter skelter trying to hide from his wrath. By God, they will all pay for their slander. We will unleash a reign of terror on this league like none you've ever seen before. For my king is a vengeful king and retribution is inexorable. Do you not see that this was the kings plan all along? This is the will of GOD.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
Hardetayour:
I pray his haters would get off his back now. He has endured for a really long time but it wasn't for nothing tho.

I wish he comes back 100% and be the kind of player he has always been
Too sad, that won’t happen. After i read on ESPN that KD and Kawhi are trying to play together. I shared it with my friend. His reply reminds of what Erudior or Smoochn said, that nothing will make people stop hating on him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
As the kings deluded adversaries, the serpent and the black sheep, converge in Brooklyn ready to make one final assault on the chosen one's legacy. The Golden State warriors have faded into irrelevancy and their bandwagon of reprobate fans are scrambling for a new haven. Mark me, if i find anyone of you with the kings banner i will smite thee through the internet. For though we are all witnesses, you do not get to bask in the kings glory if you were never with him to begin with and all who blasphemed will pay dearly for their heresy!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
ipledge10:
Middleton $178million 5years contract...Bucks just wasted lot of cash

This is in addition to signing Lopez for $52 million, already committed to Bledsoe (poverty numbers, shout out A40), losing Mirotic, Hill and you have Giannis due for the supermax next year. I have some hesitation about how this team is being assembled but I tell you if Brogdon stays healthy, Connaughton continues to develop and Giannis develops more offense other than the monotonous agbero gra-gra to the bucket style, they may just be good enough to fight for the conference title.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2019
And in this moment do you know who comes to mind? Kevin Durant! Do you know whose fault this is? Kevin Durant! Kevin Durant! Do you know who i blame for this? Kevin Durant! Do you know who must pay for this? Kevin Durant! You can run serpent, but mark me, you can't hide from the kings wrath.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2019
Roland17:

This is in addition to signing Lopez for $52 million, already committed to Bledsoe (poverty numbers, shout out A40), losing Mirotic, Hill and you have Giannis due for the supermax next year. I have some hesitation about how this team is being assembled but I tell you if Brogdon stays healthy, Connaughton continues to develop and Giannis develops more offense other than the monotonous agbero gra-gra to the bucket style, they may just be good enough to fight for the conference title.
Nets enter chat...

If what I’m hearing about Kawhi to lakers is true, then Lakers already heavy favorite, unless they can’t get the right supporting cast cos at it stands now they only have 3 or 4 players
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
I warned you of a day the coming of which there is no doubt! Repent now for the rapture is upon us!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2019
ipledge10:
Nets enter chat...

If what I’m hearing about Kawhi to lakers is true, then Lakers already heavy favorite, unless they can’t get the right supporting cast cos at it stands now they only have 3 or 4 players

The Nets have no shot until after the "Slimreaper" returns because Kyrie cannot carry them all the way especially since he would be on heavy load management next season because of his history with injuries. The Nets will come into play during 2021/2022 season when KD returns.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2019
Give me joy in my heart, keep me praising! Give me joy in my heart, i pray! i pray!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.