Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635643 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
donlittle25:
Lakers squad is legit.
That's the truth man. That team is deep and I'll never underate a LeBron led team. My only issue is they'll find some sort of excuse if things don't work out as usual.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
yomi96:
stop it. Dont let the media fool you. They fooled everybody into the lakers getting klaw. If & when the lakers fail, they will look for an excuse, to save face. They would rather trade those farmers, they recently acquired to have kwahi. P.S i am a spurs fan, league is wide open.
Lol, the angry man is back
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
SmooshCHN:
That's the truth man. That team is deep and I'll never underate a LeBron led team. My only issue is they'll find some sort of excuse if things don't work out as usual.
There's always an excuse if things don't work out. But you guys never ever accept any excuses from Bron. Like he's infallible or something. Even when he injured his groin last year you folks didn't want to hear anything. But that's in the past now, brace yourselves for a three peat

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
steady986:

Lol, the angry man is back
make i save this post, cause i will be back to laugh at you. Highest the lakers can get is second rounds playoffs(barring injuries).
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
yomi96:
make i save this post, cause i will be back to laugh at you. Highest the lakers can get is second rounds playoffs(barring injuries).

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
[quote author=steady986 post=80100059][/quote]

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
yomi96:

You're right, i think the lakers arent very good. I just need eruditor to tell us in depth just how many teams are better than them and how they rank. I trust him in that regard.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
OHHH MMMMYYYY GAWWWWDD...

76 points per game in one picture. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
BykeLaByke:

You mean 76 bricks per game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
steady986:

There's always an excuse if things don't work out. But you guys never ever accept any excuses from Bron. Like he's infallible or something. Even when he injured his groin last year you folks didn't want to hear anything. But that's in the past now, brace yourselves for a three peat
Same way you guys don't take any excuses for the Warriors. Karma?? Anyways, some excuses don't hold water. He missed 17 games and even in his return, they still lost games they should win so it makes a bit of sense if people don't buy the excuse. I feel chemistry issue was to blame for not making the playoffs. Besides you see how everything you said was about LeBron and not the team? That's the problem right there and it's the LeMinions causing this nonsense. No one will buy your excuses when you guys give LeBron the glory if the team succeed and blame his teammates when things go wrong. It's a team sport. Anyways, y'all have a legit team and there's no tangible excuse apart from long term injury to Bron or AD.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
BykeLaByke:

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
RiskelWillow:
Eruditor

I think you're right. The Lakers suck. They're a really bad team right now. How bad though? How many teams do you think are better than them in the NBA right now?

The lakers do not suck. They are better than they were last season how much better is what I don't agree with most journalists or even people here.

The best team in the NBA currently is the Clippers. The next best team, as things stand, between Philly and the Rockets. The third best team is most likely the Bucks. The long and short of it is, even in the west, the Lakers are at best 4th or 5th.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
yomi96:
stop it. Dont let the media fool you. They fooled everybody into the lakers getting klaw. If & when the lakers fail, they will look for an excuse, to save face. They would rather trade those farmers, they recently acquired to have kwahi. P.S i am a spurs fan, league is wide open.

I 100% agree with you.

The thing is, a lot of people get swayed by the media and in a way they direct the fear factor teams command. See how everyone feared the Bucks last season or the Lakers before the season began.

Nobody said that Lakers squad was not good. Shows ran themes asking if the Lakers team could take GSW to game 7. A useless team that did not even make the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
Eruditor:

The lakers do not suck. They are better than they were last season how much better is what I don't agree with most journalists or even people here.

The best team in the NBA currently is the Clippers. The next best team, as things stand, between Philly and the Rockets. The third best team is most likely the Bucks. The long and short of it is, even in the west, the Lakers are at best 4th or 5th.
Lol. Just listen to yourself. And when we don't do well you'll be the first to say we had the best team in the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Eruditor:

Seeing as the lakers are the 5th best team in the west after they win it all and i call Lebron the GOAT you have no right to protest. You can't claim its because of his team. I have you right where i want you eruditor. I set the bait and i can't believe you fell for it, the other guy i didn't even have to set a bait for. You lot are so gullible LMAO!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Eruditor:

I 100% agree with you.

The thing is, a lot of people get swayed by the media and in a way they direct the fear factor teams command. See how everyone feared the Bucks last season or the Lakers before the season began.

Nobody said that Lakers squad was not good. Shows ran themes asking if the Lakers team could take GSW to game 7. A useless team that did not even make the playoffs.
You're changing the narrative. Before last season began the media was talking about how our team had so many strong-headed players like Lance, Rondo, Beasley and Bron, and they all felt the team won't be coachable. Don't act like you don't know. And most people said we might make the playoffs quite alright, but they said the WC semis at most.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
RiskelWillow:

Seeing as the lakers are the 5th best team in the west after they win it all and i call Lebron the GOAT you have no right to protest. You can't claim its because of his team. I have you right where i want you eruditor. I set the bait and i can't believe you fell for it, the other guy i didn't even have to set a bait for. You lot are so gullible LMAO!

The difference between me and you is you are not real with yourself. Lebron is past his best and AD is not a winner yet. You guys needed a Kawhi to take you over the hump. Cook, McGee and Cousins are people who were almost inconsequential to GSW winning, so how you think they somehow get to the Lakers and make your squad formidable is what makes me laugh.

You don't have me anywhere. I am just setting your expectations aright. You don't see me bigging up GSW for e.g or even the Celts. Those teams have lost some shine. You are building castles in the sky. You did so when Cavs played GSW in the last finals and same you turned around to say that same squad stood no chance. Whereas, I was already telling you about the impending sweep based on the personnel you guys had.

Lakers will not win a spoon. Lebron won't win anything in LA.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
steady986:

You're changing the narrative. Before last season began the media was talking about how our team had so many strong-headed players like Lance, Rondo, Beasley and Bron, and they all felt the team won't be coachable. Don't act like you don't know. And most people said we might make the playoffs quite alright, but they said the WC semis at most.

Those were your role players and yes the media was really hyping them. Some even said Lebron was going to be the MVP. Nothing could be further from the truth. All the "I won't underestimate Lebron" expired in 2017. Be real with yourself. If you were so sure about this team, why did you want Kawhi?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
Eruditor:

IMO Denver is better than both rockets and Philly at least in the regular season. By the playoffs the Lakers will in all probability have added to the current roster since there is the news of them being willing to pay the luxury tax.
Also l expect load management to be a big thing this season and regular season seedings might not matter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 10, 2019
Eruditor:

The difference between me and you is you are not real with yourself. Lebron is past his best and AD is not a winner yet. You guys needed a Kawhi to take you over the hump. Cook, McGee and Cousins are people who were almost inconsequential to GSW winning, so how you think they somehow get to the Lakers and make your squad formidable is what makes me laugh.

You don't have me anywhere. I am just setting your expectations aright. You don't see me bigging up GSW for e.g or even the Celts. Those teams have lost some shine. You are building castles in the sky. You did so when Cavs played GSW in the last finals and same you turned around to say that same squad stood no chance. Whereas, I was already telling you about the impending sweep based on the personnel you guys had.

Lakers will not win a spoon. Lebron won't win anything in LA.

Alright. But i didnt ask for all of this. The only thing i needed was your last statement. Like i said, i have you right where i want you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 10, 2019
Eruditor:

Those were your role players and yes the media was really hyping them. Some even said Lebron was going to be the MVP. Nothing could be further from the truth. All the "I won't underestimate Lebron" expired in 2017. Be real with yourself. If you were so sure about this team, why did you want Kawhi?

But what kind of dumb statement is this? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 10, 2019

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:50am On Jul 10, 2019
RiskelWillow:

But what kind of dumb statement is this? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not as dumb as yours.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 10, 2019
Eruditor:

Not as dumb as yours.

Okay. smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:01am On Jul 10, 2019
Khanben:

IMO Denver is better than both rockets and Philly at least in the regular season. By the playoffs the Lakers will in all probability have added to the current roster since there is the news of them being willing to pay the luxury tax.
Also l expect load management to be a big thing this season and regular season seedings might not matter.

What changed about the Rockets? Apart from losing to GSW (who have their button) and perhaps the seeming discord between the star players they were 65 wins in 2017, 50+ wins in 2018 with all their injuries and tied 2-2 with GSW (With KD still on the team). The fact of the matter is, between 2017-18 only GSW would have beat the Rockets. They play this Raptors without injuries and they would have won. Now people have kept them aside. I don't see anything to shout about Denver. They are the ones who look like regular season hipsters. They had no reason to lose a game 7 against the Blazers without Nurkic last season. Perhaps, maybe that is why I don't respect them as such. Philly definitely improved with Al Horford joining. But they look top heavy as well so I know they are good but that is their asterisk. There is absolutely nothing the Lakers will add that will significantly change their fortunes. Nothing. The better players in the trade block have found franchises. Don't let this fake analysts create a narrative that won't see the light of day. Ask yourself one question, if Kawhi had stayed back in Toronto and the Clippers got some of the players that now went to the Lakers will anyone start telling us that the Clippers improved? So what changed?

And please don't tell us about AD and Bron improving people around them. We know that to be almost completely false. See George Hill and Rodney Hood for example. We also saw AD in Pelicans with a coach they claimed was the brain behind GSWs 2014/15 title. So what changed? What will he do differently?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:04am On Jul 10, 2019
RiskelWillow:

Alright. But i didnt ask for all of this. The only thing i needed was your last statement. Like i said, i have you right where i want you.

I am repeating it in case it did not resonate earlier.

Lebron won't win a pin in LA. But you will turn around to tell us the team let him down.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 10, 2019
Eruditor:

I am repeating it in case it did not resonate earlier.

Lebron won't win a pin in LA. But you will turn around to tell us the team let him down.

LOL! Okay eruditor. You saying it makes me that much more confident it's not going to happen. You know, given your track record. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 10, 2019
Eruditor:

What changed about the Rockets? Apart from losing to GSW (who have their button) and perhaps the seeming discord between the star players they were 65 wins in 2017, 50+ wins in 2018 with all their injuries and tied 2-2 with GSW (With KD still on the team). The fact of the matter is, between 2017-18 only GSW would have beat the Rockets. They play this Raptors without injuries and they would have won. Now people have kept them aside. I don't see anything to shout about Denver. They are the ones who look like regular season hipsters. They had no reason to lose a game 7 against the Blazers without Nurkic last season. Perhaps, maybe that is why I don't respect them as such. Philly definitely improved with Al Horford joining. But they look top heavy as well so I know they are good but that is their asterisk. There is absolutely nothing the Lakers will add that will significantly change their fortunes. Nothing. The better players in the trade block have found franchises. Don't let this fake analysts create a narrative that won't see the light of day. Ask yourself one question, if Kawhi had stayed back in Toronto and the Clippers got some of the players that now went to the Lakers will anyone start telling us that the Clippers improved? So what changed?

And please don't tell us about AD and Bron improving people around them. We know that to be almost completely false. See George Hill and Rodney Hood for example. We also saw AD in Pelicans with a coach they claimed was the brain behind GSWs 2014/15 title. So what changed? What will he do differently?

I swear this guy is a certified mo.ron cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:47am On Jul 10, 2019
RiskelWillow:

LOL! Okay eruditor. You saying it makes me that much more confident it's not going to happen. You know, given your track record. cheesy

Like 60 wins? Kawhi in LA?

lol as if it is not the same Boogie Cousins I already told you you were going to get.

If you were so sure of your player you would not need Kawhi.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 10, 2019
Eruditor:

Like 60 wins? Kawhi in LA?

lol as if it is not the same Boogie Cousins I already told you you were going to get.

If you were so sure of your player you would not need Kawhi.

You keep repeating the same dumb statement. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:58am On Jul 10, 2019
Eruditor:

For the rockets, CP3 will be another year past his prime for one thing. Capella was exposed by GSW last year, so unless they somehow improve that roster I don't see the rockets making the WCF.
For Denver, the previous season they did not make the playoffs, last season they made it to the 2nd round and only lost IMO because of lack of experience. Now they are the only team with both continuity and with players who still have upside I.e jokic, Murray etc.
As for the Lakers I'm buying them as favourites, but if the PG13 trade has taught us anything, it is if the FO of a franchise is willing to go all in, it can make things happen.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2019
Eruditor:

Lol, LeBron had a season changing groin injury, don't act like you don't know. But it's OK, he's Superman in your eyes so I get it.

Us trying to get Kawhi was us trying to be 99.9% sure of winning the title. We've been grossly irrelevant for way too long and I can understand the desperation. But without Kawhi, we're still one of the favorites, although haters like you and Skip think otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.