Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618738 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2019
A40:
Sometimes you make me strongly question your ability to read

I don't like when someone is being deliberately obtuse. Why bring 3-10ft nonsense to defend a non existent point. Does the distance end at 10ft? If you add all the 3 segments combined does it disprove my argument? Smh
Boy o boy. Now I'm the one thinking you're deliberately obtuse. What you clearly stated was that LeBron was below 40% from beyond 3ft. Or am I blind. If you understand English what that means is that starting from 3ft LeBron is below 40%.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:54am On Jul 21, 2019
steady986:

Of course. Their primary scoring method was through Giannis, the 3 shooters just fed off him. Do you see that being the case with GS?

In an alternative universe where Giannis plays for GSW, IMHO his play will complement their ball movement offence. With due respect to the shooters on the bucks team, non of them are Steph or Klay.
Defences will not be able to collapse on Giannis when he brings the ball up for the simple fact that GSW shooters are always moving and cutting. When steph is running things his PnR with Giannis will be devastating especially because Giannis can not only roll to the basket he can pop and make the extra pass no matter how difficult that pass is.
I believe the fit will be more of a symbiosis, one where they all fit.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:07am On Jul 21, 2019
Khanben:

In an alternative universe where Giannis plays for GSW, IMHO his play will complement their ball movement offence. With due respect to the shooters on the bucks team, non of them are Steph or Klay.
Defences will not be able to collapse on Giannis when he brings the ball up for the simple fact that GSW shooters are always moving and cutting. When steph is running things his PnR with Giannis will be devastating especially because Giannis can not only roll to the basket he can pop and make the extra pass no matter how difficult that pass is.
I believe the fit will be more of a symbiosis, one where they all fit.
But my initial point wasn't that they won't fit, because I think they'll do just fine. What my argument is, is that will they let him run the offence like he did with the Bucks? In the Bucks he had the ball at least 2 out of 3 possessions on attack. That was why he was able to come up with those numbers. Do you think GS will make him the primary scorer on their team? Don't you think it will be totally different from the way they play?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
steady986:

Boy o boy. Now I'm the one thinking you're deliberately obtuse. What you clearly stated was that LeBron was below 40% from beyond 3ft. Or am I blind. If you understand English what that means is that starting from 3ft LeBron is below 40%.
You are blind. Your eyes are merely open but you really can't see shyte.

So if I say LeNomad is below 40 beyond the 3ft line. How does telling me he is 42% from 3-10ft negate my argument? Does the range on a basketball court stop at 10ft??

This guy is definitely crazy.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2019
A40:
You are blind. Your eyes are merely open but you really can't see shyte.

So if I say LeNomad is below 40 beyond the 3ft line. How does telling me he is 42% from 3-10ft negate my argument? Does the range on a basketball court stop at 10ft??

This guy is definitely crazy.
That's it man, I'm out

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kayjay69(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2019
In this era of superstars teaming up, hahahahaha. Better get your shorts ready mate.

chic2pimp:

I'll eat my shorts if this ever happens. He might eventually leave the Bucks but no freaking way Is He going to Golden State. If He leaves, He'll follow the Kawhi route of trying to create His own team not join an already established one.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2019
steady986:

But my initial point wasn't that they won't fit, because I think they'll do just fine. What my argument is, is that will they let him run the offence like he did with the Bucks? In the Bucks he had the ball at least 2 out of 3 possessions on attack. That was why he was able to come up with those numbers. Do you think GS will make him the primary scorer on their team? Don't you think it will be totally different from the way they play?

You are quite right, his time bringing up the ball might drop to 1 out of 3, but the greater threat of Steph and Klay will mean he will never get double teamed and based on his numbers against double teams and the fact that he will have minutes on the floor where both Steph an Klay will be sitting, I still think he averages 25-26pts a night.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:32am On Jul 22, 2019
Khanben:

You are quite right, his time bringing up the ball might drop to 1 out of 3, but the greater threat of Steph and Klay will mean he will never get double teamed and based on his numbers against double teams and the fact that he will have minutes on the floor where both Steph an Klay will be sitting, I still think he averages 25-26pts a night.
I think it'll drop more than that because of his lack of mid range and 3 ball. I say something like 20-22 ppg. It could change if he learns to shoot.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:15am On Jul 22, 2019
steady986:

I think it'll drop more than that because of his lack of mid range and 3 ball. I say something like 20-22 ppg. It could change if he learns to shoot.

Maybe in the playoffs. But in the regular season, with more of an up tempo transition game. He will score 25-26 points.
Most people forget the only reason he did not average 30pts last season is because he never played garbage minutes during a blowout win and the Bucks led the NBA in blowout wins during the regular season
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2019
T-hill is going to be available for the chiefs from day 1. Mahomes is going to continue to light things up.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2019
steady986:

Didn't deserve the MVP if you ask me. But hey, who am I to argue?

Who did then? Dont let his playoffs vs a very good Raptors team make you forget how indefensible this guy was last year
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:17am On Jul 22, 2019
SmooshCHN:

And then we have one dude with max contract called Andrew Wiggins who has taken pride in his consistency. Dude has managed to remain the same since he was drafted. And then there is Giannis improving every year. angry angry

you sound jealous grin
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 11:37am On Jul 22, 2019
They should stop that regular season MVP nonsense, and wait till after playoffs.
P S. Harden was the MVP not adetokunbo

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
steady986:

Didn't deserve the MVP if you ask me. But hey, who am I to argue?
just like steve nash sympathy mvp, adetokunbo plays old school big basketball, which will not work @ this day and age. Nowadays bigs are learning how to shoot, from j.embiid to cousins etc. Anyplayer without a jumper or a 3point ability will struggle in this modern era.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
birdman:

Who did then? Dont let his playoffs vs a very good Raptors team make you forget how indefensible this guy was last year
Harden did.

I mean, how dou you have an unprecedented season like that and not win MVP? It's sacrilegious.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:57am On Jul 23, 2019
birdman:

you sound jealous grin
That's how that looked to you? angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
RIP Maxim Dadashev. Contact sports is a very dangerous sport and maybe the time has come to review some of the rules. I watched the highlights of the fight and his trainer saved him from himself and from being dead earlier than today.
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2019
Tim Duncan is coming back as an assistant coach
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
Roland17:
RIP Maxim Dadashev. Contact sports is a very dangerous sport and maybe the time has come to review some of the rules. I watched the highlights of the fight and his trainer saved him from himself and from being dead earlier than today.
It's not a game. People need to realize. RIP to him. Just 28 FFS

What do you think Whyte's chances are based on what you saw him do against Rivas? I honestly think he could get killed if he steps into that ring with Wilder for his mandatory
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:47am On Jul 24, 2019
A40:
It's not a game. People need to realize. RIP to him. Just 28 FFS

What do you think Whyte's chances are based on what you saw him do against Rivas? I honestly think he could get killed if he steps into that ring with Wilder for his mandatory

I am not a fan of British boxers and Dillan Whyte buttresses that. Oh man!!!! was he lucky to have gotten a 3-0 decision from the referees!!!! That decision remains a huge mystery to me because Rivas rocked him several times during that fight and even knocked him down in round 9 I think. Whyte has some of the best combinations in the division and typically finishes most of his combinations with his left hook. Wilder was not exactly convincing against Fury either but Whyte would not last this long against Wilder who has a combination of power and speed. You are right, he will get mauled and I will be shocked if the fight goes to a decision because that will be a disappointment for Wilder.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
Roland17:

I am not a fan of British boxers and Dillan Whyte buttresses that. Oh man!!!! was he lucky to have gotten a 3-0 decision from the referees!!!! That decision remains a huge mystery to me because Rivas rocked him several times during that fight and even knocked him down in round 9 I think. Whyte has some of the best combinations in the division and typically finishes most of his combinations with his left hook. Wilder was not exactly convincing against Fury either but Whyte would not last this long against Wilder who has a combination of power and speed. You are right, he will get mauled and I will be shocked if the fight goes to a decision because that will be a disappointment for Wilder.
Whyte's chin is too suspect and he's more of a brawler than a boxer. I don't think he has the defensive abilities to get out the way like Fury did.

I also feel Rivas should not have lost unanimously. A Wilder fight will not get to decision I'm 100% sure of that
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
Big respect to Steve Kerr for speaking out!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Roland17:
Big respect to Steve Kerr for speaking out!!!

Perkins reply?? shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
aliondo:

Perkins reply?? shocked shocked

Perks response is predictable and does not surprise me.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
How about PG13? You just signed a 4-year contract last year with the Thunder but as soon as Kawhi came calling you requested for a trade. As if that was not enough, you made a video on Twitter to announce your plan to leave to the embarrassment of the Thunder fanbase, as if that was not enough embarrassment, you lie during your unveiling that the Thunder wanted the trade which Sam Presti has duly denied as untrue!!!

Do you even know the ironic thing about the whole thing that happened in OKC? The exemplary level of maturity Brodie exhibited throughout the show by PG13. He remained calm and quiet and the decision to trade him was mutually agreed upon by him and OKC. When it was clear he was going to the Rockets, he wrote a heartfelt message to the fans. That is what I call a class act.

Against popular opinions on this thread, I have maintained my stance about this nonsense and trust me, the owners are going to strike back somehow and it will be hard especially on the players who are not popular or not stars in the league.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:25am On Jul 26, 2019
This generation of ballers are soft. QED
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:44am On Jul 26, 2019
steady986:

Harden did.

I mean, how dou you have an unprecedented season like that and not win MVP? It's sacrilegious.

maybe its HOW he went about it. its like the guy who misses a shot so he can get an offensive rebound. Some things just rub you the wrong way
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:46am On Jul 26, 2019
Roland17:

Do you even know the ironic thing about the whole thing that happened in OKC? The exemplary level of maturity Brodie exhibited throughout the show by PG13. He remained calm and quiet and the decision to trade him was mutually agreed upon by him and OKC. When it was clear he was going to the Rockets, he wrote a heartfelt message to the fans. That is what I call a class act.

sco pa tu manaa? who class act help tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:41am On Jul 26, 2019
Roland17:
How about PG13? You just signed a 4-year contract last year with the Thunder but as soon as Kawhi came calling you requested for a trade. As if that was not enough, you made a video on Twitter to announce your plan to leave to the embarrassment of the Thunder fanbase, as if that was not enough embarrassment, you lie during your unveiling that the Thunder wanted the trade which Sam Presti has duly denied as untrue!!!

Against popular opinions on this thread, I have maintained my stance about this nonsense and trust me, the owners are going to strike back somehow and it will be hard especially on the players who are not popular or not stars in the league.

As a fan I don't like seeing players just demand trades while under contract. That being said if the teams who also signed same contract can do so, I see no issues with players also having that right. Blake and CP3 just got traded while under contracts and nobody blamed the teams because everyone could see they made a decision for the benefit of their franchises. So also I will not begrudge a player who makes these decisions especially with the aim to try and get into a winning situation.
This upcoming season is going to be incredible anyways can't wait for it to start

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:14am On Jul 26, 2019
Khanben:

As a fan I don't like seeing players just demand trades while under contract. That being said if the teams who also signed same contract can do so, I see no issues with players also having that right. Blake and CP3 just got traded while under contracts and nobody blamed the teams because everyone could see they made a decision for the benefit of their franchises. So also I will not begrudge a player who makes these decisions especially with the aim to try and get into a winning situation.
This upcoming season is going to be incredible anyways can't wait for it to start
You've said it all. Karma is a bit.ch.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2019
Khanben:

CP3 was in his last year and was looking for a max which no ball team should have offered but Rockets bit.
Blake's own is the most annoying. After all the pitch, u end up trading him the next season to a bum team.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2019
birdman:

sco pa tu manaa? who class act help tongue

Na your P.G you dey talk about like dis?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) ... (2201) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m), kendrick9(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.