Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623764 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 28, 2019
Another win. Felt like a bit of complacency crept in at certain points and they made a lot of mistakes but a win nonetheless. AD was an absolute monster and lebron was a good facilitator in the first and closed it out in the 4th. Overall the team looked good, role players stepped up, Dwight especially was really good today. Team defense looked solid again especially in the second half. Like i said, favorable fixtures coming up and the chance to build a streak and a bit of momentum.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 28, 2019
Lakers bench scored 48 points today. If Dwight continues to play like this, KCP doesnt play like doodie and with Rondo Kuzma and from what i'm hearing possibly Boogie to return we could have a bona fide bench mob on our hands. A lot of ifs but fingers crossed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2019
Russ lost KD and won the MVP, scoring title and led OKC to the playoffs as a 6th seed with his best players as an out of shape Oladipo and Steven Adams

Curry lost KD, added another All Star and won’t make the playoffs

The difference.

Shey warriors can make the playoffs like this bayi?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2019
A40:
The Steph slander has gone nuclear on the interwebs
its bad! Am steering clear of any NBA related news. Thank God for the NFL . going to be watching that till all of this blows away
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 28, 2019
Tundesam923:
its bad! Am steering clear of any NBA related news. Thank God for the NFL . going to be watching that till all of this blows away

Like i said, steph has the most sensitive fan base partly because its mostly made up of teenagers. No one gets slandered like bron and you never see bron fans go into hiding.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
KarnBarlow:
Lakers bench scored 48 points today. If Dwight continues to play like this, KCP doesnt play like doodie and with Rondo Kuzma and from what i'm hearing possibly Boogie to return we could have a bona fide bench mob on our hands. A lot of ifs but fingers crossed.

Dont forget, a defensive minded coach. I am so glad Lue did not get this job

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
Nostradamus:
Shey warriors can make the playoffs like this bayi?

are you serious? where are d warriors fans o grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2019
KarnBarlow:

Like i said, steph has the most sensitive fan base partly because its mostly made up of teenagers. No one gets slandered like bron and you never see bron fans go into hiding.
are you just being belligerent on purpose? Like an high for you or something. U strange!!! Bro. You better take a chill pill or something that would help you with what's ailing you.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2019
Tundesam923:
are you just being belligerent on purpose? Like an high for you or something. U strange!!! Bro. You better take a chill pill or something that would help you with what's ailing you.

I'm sorry you read it that way. I was just pointing out my honest observation.
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
KarnBarlow:

I'm sorry you read it that way. I was just pointing out my honest observation.
alright bro. No harm, no foul. You do have a right to your opinion
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
chic2pimp:

My expectations for you Guys this year were certainly not high however I did not expect you lot to start out this bad. How big of a Loss Klay is is getting clearer by the day. Also your bench has got to be the worst in the league surely? A bunch of High schoolers would do better than the dudes Golden State has on their bench.

Hopefully they do come good or better still you guys should start planning for next season(seeing as Klay is unlikely to be fully fit till next season). That bench definitely needs a total overhaul. I'm not worried about the Likes of Steph, Klay and to an extent Draymond. It's the surrounding cast I am worried about. What are your expectations for this season btw? Top 6/Top 8?

Klay's loss is more than just his scoring or D, it is the fact that he understands the system having been part of it for the last whatever years. Draymond is a defensive juggernaut but offensively he is wanting and teams can easily box and one Curry.

What GSW want to do is make diamonds out of stones with the other players on the roster. It takes time to learn the system. KD struggled his first few games in GSW - missing defensive assignments and sometimes misreading plays. He said so himself.

Steve Kerr will rather play his system than make knee-jerk tactics where Curry just goes Iso play after play. His numbers will be great and we would win the odd games here and there but in the long run, other players will not become better and the team will ultimately suffer.

A lot of the comments from GSW fans online is simplify the offense. I am tempted to want that myself especially when I see the team having challenges scoring but a man who is building an edifice will require more time to lay his foundation than someone who wants a bungalow.

How soon the learning process will take, I don't exactly know. But when it happens, you will watch the same fools talk about 3-Allstars. Same argument that nobody is making now.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
steady986:

I can smell your resignation from my keypad. This is what you normally do when you don't have sh*t to say.

I am sorry for thinking the summer helped improve your mental capacity. I don't think it did.

Not at the level he used to be in and can never get there again =/= Washed.

You see that sign there? It means not equal to.

In other words, when people say Lebron is no longer the same Lebron of 2012/13. It does not mean he is now washed. He just isn't the same player. And it is very clear with each passing game.

You can keep living in denial. Just don't make excuses when it becomes more glaring to you.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2019
Eruditor:

I am sorry for thinking the summer helped improve your mental capacity. I don't think it did.

You see that sign there? It means not equal to.

In other words, when people say Lebron is no longer the same Lebron of 2012/13. It does not mean he is now washed. He just isn't the same player. And it is very clear with each passing game.

You can keep living in denial. Just don't make excuses when it becomes more glaring to you.
I don't care what your yeye sign means, I'm telling you that people on this thread said LeBron is washed.

it's obvious that mauling of GS by OKC is making you not to think straight cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
The Lakers might actually be the best defensive team in the league right now. I for certain know that we have 3 of the best rim protectors in the league. And our perimeter defence is not lacking much either. It's early days, but I like the signs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2019
steady986:
The Lakers might actually be the best defensive team in the league right now. I for certain know that we have 3 of the best rim protectors in the league. And our perimeter defence is not lacking much either. It's early days, but I like the signs.

Isn’t it hypocritical that you can make conclusive statements about the Lakers after only 3 games but you almost drove yourself into a stroke when others made statements after game one? Don’t refer me to your last statement because it quite contradictory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2019
Roland17:

Isn’t it hypocritical that you can make conclusive statements about the Lakers after only 3 games but you almost drove yourself into a stroke when others made statements after game one? Don’t refer me to your last statement because it quite contradictory.

steady986:

This is literally the opposite of a conclusive statement.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:37pm On Oct 28, 2019
Roland17:

When you show me what's conclusive about my statement, we can discuss
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:27am On Oct 29, 2019
The Trae Young and Steph comparisons are legit oh. Iro o da. That kid is a baller
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:24am On Oct 29, 2019
The kid has got potential, but the real question can he continue such brilliance for a stretch of 82 games, getting ATL into the playoffs enroute? I would rather wait till the end of the season before drawing a conclusion.
A40:
The Trae Young and Steph comparisons are legit oh. Iro o da. That kid is a baller
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:57am On Oct 29, 2019
Warriors pouring their anger on the Pelicans... wink

Meanwhile, how did we give up that lead?? shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:01am On Oct 29, 2019
benji93:
The kid has got potential, but the real question can he continue such brilliance for a stretch of 82 games, getting ATL into the playoffs enroute? I would rather wait till the end of the season before drawing a conclusion.
If we look purely at how both players have started their careers then it can be argued that Trae Young has been better, especially if we evaluate from the back end of last season to this point.

The argument is not if Trae is as good as Steph yet but the trajectory is there. Their games are similar and do bear in mind that Steph didn't make the playoffs until his 4th season albeit playing in a tougher conference
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:48am On Oct 29, 2019
Tough loss but I will take it..

Btw,nice connection btw russ and harden..still strange to see russ in a Houston jersey tho..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:54am On Oct 29, 2019
aliondo:
Warriors pouring their anger on the Pelicans... wink

Meanwhile, how did we give up that lead?? shocked
Still ended up winning by just 11, and giving up 123 points angry
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2019
What is your problem man? you seem to be pained that the GSW got a win. No body claims GSW is an elite team, we understand we are gonna be having a tumultuous season, you don't have to keep reminding us.
steady986:

Still ended up winning by just 11, and giving up 123 points angry
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2019
A40:

After how many years in the league.

Why are fans like this?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 11:35am On Oct 29, 2019
benji93:
What is your problem man? you seem to be pained that the GSW got a win. No body claims GSW is an elite team, we understand we are gonna be having a tumultuous season, you don't have to keep reminding us.

The dislike is just unnecessary. They won't focus on their teams. Their days are never complete without referring to GSW. I guess when you are a true champion, everyone just wants a go at you

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 11:36am On Oct 29, 2019
A40:
If we look purely at how both players have started their careers then it can be argued that Trae Young has been better, especially if we evaluate from the back end of last season to this point.

The argument is not if Trae is as good as Steph yet but the trajectory is there. Their games are similar and do bear in mind that Steph didn't make the playoffs until his 4th season albeit playing in a tougher conference

Oga, this is sports. You know today but not tomorrow. What if he develops a career threatening habit (drugs) or develops and injury he can't come out of (like derrick Rose). Its too early to compare both abeg...
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 11:38am On Oct 29, 2019
KarnBarlow:
Okay, who has signed and who's thinking about it?

I hope you will be this loud at the end of the season. Just after a few games and you're rushing to conclusions.

It seems you're still pained by their wins and dominance over the last 5 years.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
darkelf:

After how many years in the league.

Why are fans like this?
I'm sure you were one of those that scoffed at those that labeled Messi the next Maradona. Oya tell me why Trae Young cannot be the next Steph Curry or what was present in Steph's game in his second season that Trae Young is lacking

Gimme one reason I'll wait.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
darkelf:

Oga, this is sports. You know today but not tomorrow. What if he develops a career threatening habit (drugs) or develops and injury he can't come out of (like derrick Rose). Its too early to compare both abeg...
Ugggggggh. What does this have to do with anything??
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
Yeah Man. I don't even have a problem with anyone criticizing the team or Curry in particular, but such pettiness is uncalled. "They eventually won by 11" We all know the team consists mostly of lads still trying to find their way, so a display of such performance from them is not unexpected. But I see a lot of positives in Kerr' s decision to sit Curry when the team is being run over. It's like saying to him, if you can't get a lead, keep a close score or create a semblance of a potential comeback you are sitting the rest of the gamegrin. You are not allowed to stat pad. Hopefully that inspires a more formidable Curry. Moreso letting the kids play late is encouraging, hopefully they get enough confidence to be at least good and keep the team afloat. I think Curry is letting the media get to him. He seems to be trying to post the stats to justify an MVP consideration. But you are gonna be stuck in this situation for a long time, why not work to make the team a better one? Let them keep trying to get buckets by getting the ball to them in important positions. Facilitate the young lads to greatness young man, your points will definitely come to you.
darkelf:

The dislike is just unnecessary. They won't focus on their teams. Their days are never complete without referring to GSW. I guess when you are a true champion, everyone just wants a go at you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Skrrrrrrr and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.