Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,572 members, 7,820,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631879 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 16, 2019
LeBron is 4/9 from deep. The rest of the team is 1/18. Only Rondo has made a 3. How is this even possible?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:40am On Dec 16, 2019
KarnBarlow:
LeBron is 4/9 from deep. The rest of the team is 1/18. Only Rondo has made a 3. How is this even possible?
It's the Hawks. They were going to lose regardless. Can you see why we say the Lakers lack depth. You see how things always went South once LeBron sat? He had to do everything as even AD started slipping. The role players won't be this bad come playoffs but teams are going to exploit the obvious weakness.
Still the favourites though. Well deserved.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:
It's the Hawks. They were going to lose regardless. Can you see why we say the Lakers lack depth. You see how things always went South once LeBron sat? He had to do everything as even AD started slipping. The role players won't be this bad come playoffs but teams are going to exploit the obvious weakness.
You could look at this with a glass half full eye and say that despite our poor shooting and high amount of turnovers we still managed to scrape a win cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Thing is if i agree with you and admit thats why the clippers are the best in the league you lot will claim i'm playing mind games. The lakers title hopes hinges on two things, Kyle Cous Cous stepping up and becoming the Kyle Kuzma everyone expected him to be and where your former mercenary Andre Iguodala signs. Which ever LA team he signs with may tip the balance. Leaves Rondo (playoff Rondo), KCP who has improved, Iggy, Kuzma and Dwight, maybe even boogie coming off the bench playoff time which is a solid second unit. There's still a very long way to go, i look at this lakers team and somehow i don't see a championship team, heck i expect the bucks to run riot in a few days.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
steady986:

You could look at this with a glass half full eye and say that despite our poor shooting and high amount of turnovers we still managed to scrape a win cheesy
If I were a Lakers fan, I'd be least concerned about a Hawks win on a poor shooting night. That's the angle I'm coming from. Not every statement stems from hate/dislike. You should do that more often.
KarnBarlow:

Thing is if i agree with you and admit thats why the clippers are the best in the league you lot will claim i'm playing mind games. The lakers title hopes hinges on two things, Kyle Cous Cous stepping up and becoming the Kyle Kuzma everyone expected him to be and where your former mercenary Andre Iguodala signs. Which ever LA team he signs with may tip the balance. Leaves Rondo (playoff Rondo), KCP who has improved, Iggy, Kuzma and Dwight, maybe even boogie coming off the bench playoff time which is a solid second unit. There's still a very long way to go, i look at this lakers team and somehow i don't see a championship team, heck i expect the bucks to run riot in a few days.
I said this few weeks ago when you said the Clippers are the best team in paper.

Warriors were the best team in the league on paper when they went into that 2016 finals with the 73-9 record.
Key word: On paper.
Nuff said. grin
Being deep doesn't always guarantee championship but everyone would like to have the advantages that comes with it.
The concern is if those guys will show up when it matters and if they do, the Lakers should have nothing to worry about. Having depth in team sports is always a good thing but it's LeBron and we've seen crazy things happen like in 2016.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
cool

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:
If I were a Lakers fan, I'd be least concerned about a Hawks win on a poor shooting night. That's the angle I'm coming from. Not every statement stems from hate/dislike. You should do that more often. I said this few weeks ago when you said the Clippers are the best team in paper.
Being deep doesn't always guarantee championship but everyone would like to have the advantages that comes with it.
The concern is if those guys will show up when it matters and if they do, the Lakers should have nothing to worry about. Having depth in team sports is always a good thing but it's LeBron and we've seen crazy things happen like in 2016.
No one said you were being hateful though, but I get you smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2019
That Lebron fake block of Rondo was a beauty!

Rondo is getting his groove back.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:21am On Dec 17, 2019
Josh Gordon’s village worked over time on his case. For such a talented WR it’s a shame he could not stay off drugs and the weeeeeeeeed! I hope he saved enough money..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 17, 2019
Condolences to the Buss Family.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:00am On Dec 17, 2019
A feisty game between the Rockets and Spurs. Forbes has made 6 shots from beyond the arc.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:57am On Dec 17, 2019
When the going gets tough, will the 'tough' get going?

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:59am On Dec 17, 2019
Now we see the reason why the Bucks 18-game win streak was pretty much put under the radar.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2019
It's not yet the Post Season and Middleton is already dropping Single Digit figures smh. And this vs a Doncic less Mavs team. He better realize this bunch are going nowhere fast before it gets too late.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2019
And Btw Dallas a SERIOUS threat. They've now beaten both the Lakers and the Bucks. This win shows they are a good team(even better once Porzingis is full back)even without Luka. Luka is just the Icing that can potentially make them special.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 17, 2019
A40 has some explaining to do.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 17, 2019
chic2pimp:
And Btw Dallas a SERIOUS threat. They've now beaten both the Lakers and the Bucks. This win shows they are a good team(even better once Porzingis is full back)even without Luka. Luka is just the Icing that can potentially make them special.

They will be a difficult first round match up but a serious threat? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 17, 2019
KarnBarlow:
The bucks have to beat the cavs and the mavs and the lakers have to beat the hawks and the pacers and we have ourselves two teams with the joint best record in the league, three of the best players in the league, going to battle for the best team in the league. That game is going to be even more epic than the lakers clippers christmas day pantomime. I hope the bucks don't blow it. I can't bloody wait!

Somehow I just knew it! Well now i'm secretly hoping the Lakers lose to the pacers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 17, 2019
I'm going with Kobe and Shaq for one reason. Shaq in his prime was unstoppable. Will straight up molest AD at the post.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 17, 2019
Now i'm sure OKC is going to get rid of Chris Paul. This team is trying to tank and this man won't let them cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 17, 2019
Mark me, even Giannis won't escape.

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:27am On Dec 17, 2019
chic2pimp:

What does this say about our predilection to denigrate the contributions of other members of a team in favour of the superstar?

A tree does not make a forest. Teams win games because they are good. Being the best player in a good team counts for something but it is not the be all and end all.

We must devote some energy to praise the contributions of the other members.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:31am On Dec 17, 2019
KarnBarlow:
Now i'm sure OKC is going to get rid of Chris Paul. This team is trying to tank and this man won't let them cheesy

cry cry....You need to have watched him yesterday. ....Man so good...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2019
If you get this reference you're a real one.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2019
aliondo:

cry cry....You need to have watched him yesterday. ....Man so good...

Yup. Say what you what about his personality but on the court the man is a certified point GOD.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2019
KarnBarlow:

They will be a difficult first round match up but a serious threat? cheesy

The Management would be foolish not to strengthen this Team. A deep playoff run is on the Horizon.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2019
KarnBarlow:
I'm going with Kobe and Shaq for one reason. Shaq in his prime was unstoppable. Will straight up molest AD at the post.
Can Shaw guard AD at or close to the perimeter? Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2019
steady986:

AD can shoot but hes no kyle korver. Shaq at the post is a bucket 10/10. Plus LeBron is not exactly a one v one player. Kobe was made for one v one. Its close, but like i said, prime shaq is the greatest peak a basketball player has ever reached. He was unstoppable.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
steady986:

Lawdd!!! sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Suddenly most of the warriors fans have disappeared. But somehow Clippers fans are appearing out of nowhere. Strange. I wonder what happened.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
KarnBarlow:

AD can shoot but hes no kyle korver. Shaq at the post is a bucket 10/10. Plus LeBron is not exactly a one v one player. Kobe was made for one v one. Its close, but like i said, prime shaq is the greatest peak a basketball player has ever reached. He was unstoppable.
Some people argue it's Wilt, but I get your point.

Prime LeBron was as athletic a player as we've never seen, and was an excellent defender too. He might not score many buckets on Kobe, but Kobe ain't scoring too. And there's the 2 inch and wingspan advantage.

Despite Shaq's dominance, he never was all defensive first team. His feet is not quite as fast as AD's and certainly doesn't have the handles. They all have their advantages over the other and they'll use it to their favour.

With the way the game has changed now, three point shooting and all, Shaq would probably be more of a liability defending the opposing big man.

It could go either way tbh
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
DeeMain:

What does this say about our predilection to denigrate the contributions of other members of a team in favour of the superstar?

A tree does not make a forest. Teams win games because they are good. Being the best player in a good team counts for something but it is not the be all and end all.

We must devote some energy to praise the contributions of the other members.

Absolutely Bruh...The quality of Role players you have at your disposal plays a vital part in how far you'll go as a team. However even of more importance for a Team with Title Ambitions is a quality No2 player. It eases the burden on the Superstar player tremendously. There is a reason why a 2 Time Finals MVP made sure PG will sign before fully putting Pen to Paper with the Clippers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) ... (2215) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Honlucas and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.