Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,305 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621169 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 15, 2019
I don't care if Kawhi and Lou were not playing, the clippers have no business losing to the Bulls. We're not complaining though. And how the hell are OKC and the suns in playoff spots in the west with losing records?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 15, 2019
Amanda Nunes just mauls people man. These days its a miracle if a woman survives the first with her. GDR is earning her nickname so far but its all about trying to survive.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 15, 2019
GDR is making this competitive, actually asking questions of Amanda. Great fight so far.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Wow. Max Holloway just lost his belt. Volkanovski just came and kicked the sh-t out of his legs and ran away with his belt. Damn. Feel kinda bad for max, one of the nicest guys in mma.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:59am On Dec 15, 2019
If Holloway wins this fight then UFC is rigged. Volkanovski was better by a bit
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:00am On Dec 15, 2019
KarnBarlow:
Wow. Max Holloway just lost his belt. Volkanovski just came and kicked the sh-t out of his legs and ran away with his belt. Damn. Feel kinda bad for max, one of the nicest guys in mma.
No contest. Holloway only survived because of his takedown D. Far too passive. Was disappointed
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:02am On Dec 15, 2019
KarnBarlow:

Maybe they're not as bad as you thought. And this is a very good Miami team too.
Miami on second night of a B2B. We saw Houston lose at home to freaking Detroit.

If Luka was healthy I don't see how Mavs don't wipe them in regulation
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 15, 2019
A40:
No contest. Holloway only survived because of his takedown D. Far too passive. Was disappointed

Yup. Surprised two judges had it so close. Alex was just relentless. Kept the pace up throughout and backed him down, picking his spots to explode. Plus those darn leg kicks limited Max's movements, part of why he looked so tame. Seems the Oceania guys are taking over the UFC. And now for Kamaru. I have never wanted someone to get knocked out more than Colby Covington. Probably won't happen but Kamaru should at least beat some of that cringe out of him.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:12am On Dec 15, 2019
Lol Colby coming out to Kurt Angle's music. A Five-star douchegoblin this guy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:18am On Dec 15, 2019
KarnBarlow:

Yup. Surprised two judges had it so close. Alex was just relentless. Kept the pace up throughout and backed him down, picking his spots to explode. Plus those darn leg kicks limited Max's movements, part of why he looked so tame. Seems the Oceania guys are taking over the UFC. And now for Kamaru. I have never wanted someone to get knocked out more than Colby Covington. Probably won't happen but Kamaru should at least beat some of that cringe out of him.
I was afraid they will try to involve some wayo. Alex won all 5 rounds and kicked his legs to a pulp. Max body type really is weird in a way. 5'11 too small for Lightweight but should ordinarily be too big for a featherweight.

I would love to see a rematch.

Usman came out to Anybody so you know that W is sure
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:23am On Dec 15, 2019
Lool these guys aren't wrestling. Throwing straight up hands. I don't like this tempo for Kamaru and his hands don't look right. I hope he's not broken nothing
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 7:28am On Dec 15, 2019
lakers 2009 champions

lakers 2019 cham.....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:29am On Dec 15, 2019
Covington's chin is no joke man
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:37am On Dec 15, 2019
This is what a main event should be. Usman landing those body shots. Very smart

Nobody even trying to wrestle at all
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:40am On Dec 15, 2019
A40:
Covington's chin is no joke man
Ohh boy looks like Kamaru has broken his jaw. Lmaoooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2019
Aaaand stilllll!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2019
What a fight. Everyone expected this to be boring but it was far from that. FOTY contender IMO. Was worried as it went to the 5th cause the fight was close and Kamaru didn't do himself any favours by coming out with a Nigerian flag. For someone with diarrhoea of the mouth Colby is soft man, like literally. Can't express how happy I am that in the end kamaru didn't need the judges. Knocked that cooont back to the 19th century where he belongs. What a bloody friggin fight!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:58am On Dec 15, 2019
Thank God Kamaru dropped that fuckt@rd. They were going to rob him off that belt for sure and I think he knew and made sure.

Kamaru is a monster. Masvidal don't want it. And I don't think anyone in the division should after seeing this fight
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Like Jorge would say, the universe just corrected it's mistake via Kamaru.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 15, 2019
A40:
Thank God Kamaru dropped that fuckt@rd. They were going to rob him off that belt for sure and I think he knew and made sure.

Kamaru is a monster. Masvidal don't want it. And I don't think anyone in the division should after seeing this fight

LOL. When discussing top welterweights I honestly don't consider masvidal. I mean I really really like the dude but apart from the till fight, what exactly has he done? Who exactly has he beat? He's on a 3 fight win streak and two of those fights were against the most overrated fighter of all time at least by the time he got into the UFC in askren and then cte Nate Diaz. I'd like to see him against Leon before Kamaru.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2019
And Kamaru who isn't the most popular figure amongst MMA fans just ingratiated himself with a huge portion of the community with that win. I too was on the fence about him but he came through for me, now I'm a fan.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 15, 2019
Damn! Seeing that disgusting cockroach Ali Abdelaziz behind him just ruined my night.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2019
So the load management team lost to the Bulls shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
This is who we'll compare the Clippers with from now on grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2019
Guys take it easy with the mentions Please.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
A40:

Josh Howard was literally the only guy that made All-star in Dirk's first run to the Finals.

What prime?? Is this a joke?? Shawn Marion 33, Terry 34, Kidd was 37 bruh, Stackhouse was 32 back in 06, Butler missed their title winning season. Wait did you just mention Gerald Green? Did he even play?? Lmaooooooo you're name dropping at this point. Tyson Chandler was a cast-off from New Orleans that failed his medical don't try to paint him like he was some star. In isolation these were all role players

AD had Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon. All young and were good enough to be led to playoff contention by a transcendent talent

Monty Williams was their coach and he's hardly a scrub

Na wa. The same Eric Gordon you didn't rate as a teammate of AD you're now rating him as a Rocket. Lol smh

Did you call Howard 1-2 punch? Lmaoooo smh. Harden went an entire regular season averaging 29 pts, Howard averaged 13. The first season almost double his average. It's not one two punch when the other person is scoring twice your average. You even mentioned Lou Williams that spent only one year with the Rockets. Adim weak oh

Harden maximized the limited talent he had, AD underperformed with his. Nothing wrong in admitting this

Yes his 1-2 punch just happened to be another top 5 player and some would argue still the best player in the league. How many elite players will be teammates with LeNomad and slack? The likes of Giannis, Kawhi did not need LeNomad before running things

Paddy mi,I hope say your nose never grow pass Pinocchio own sha? J. Kidd joined the Mavs on his 2nd stint at 34 and spent 5 seasons, J. Terry joined at 29 and spent 8 seasons, S. Marion joined at 31 and spent 5 seasons, Stackhouse joined at 30 and spent 5 seasons. If you need proof, I go provide am sharp sharp! The argument is about making the playoffs in the western conference, not winning the title. During this period, the Mavs had winning seasons, never tanked and were building momentum to the championship.

Did you just try to make an argument for E. Gordon? A player whose time at New Orleans was ravaged by injury? Gordon played 9 games in his first season, 45 in his 2nd. The most he played for the Pelicans was 64 in 2013. The Pelicans were done with his glass foot and shipped him off after the following season. Let me help you put in better perspective, the least amount of games Gordon has played for the Rockets in a full season is 68 which is not even the most he played for Pelicans in 5 years because he was never around. Whether Howard averaged 2 points is irrelevant but the fact is that he was no scrub, he was good enough they stakes millions so he could be Hardens 1-2 punch.

Monty Williams is a coach renowned for helping build young rosters, tanking teams, making the post season is not his calling. Nobody lists averages coaches and mentions Monty, guess where he is now? The Suns and that is because he fits the attributes I listed up there..Are we going to compare that to Rick Carlisle?

AD is the biggest difference between the Lakers of last season and the Lakers of this season.
Let me ask you, which 1-2 punch combination will enjoy more regular season success, Lebron/Kawhi or Lebron/AD? I think that answer wj give a direction to the level of AD’s relevance in LA!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2019
Fury has split with Ben Davidson. Seems Wilder has his camp shook. They should be. John Fury, Peter Fury, it won't matter, Wilder in 9 cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
KarnBarlow:

LOL. When discussing top welterweights I honestly don't consider masvidal. I mean I really really like the dude but apart from the till fight, what exactly has he done? Who exactly has he beat? He's on a 3 fight win streak and two of those fights were against the most overrated fighter of all time at least by the time he got into the UFC in askren and then cte Nate Diaz. I'd like to see him against Leon before Kamaru.
Everyone seems to do though. He's a good fighter but he was borderline average this time last year so I just don't understand the hype lately. Nobody really expected him to beat Till and he's kicked on from there but I don't know if anyone in the division can hang with what I just saw. Those guys could go all night. I was blown away by their chins and their stamina

Dana White will put Masvidal in line next. He's all about the greenbacks and Masvidal and Usman will bring more greenbacks
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
Roland17:

Paddy mi,I hope say your nose never grow pass Pinocchio own sha? J. Kidd joined the Mavs on his 2nd stint at 34 and spent 5 seasons, J. Terry joined at 29 and spent 8 seasons, S. Marion joined at 31 and spent 5 seasons, Stackhouse joined at 30 and spent 5 seasons. If you need proof, I go provide am sharp sharp! The argument is about making the playoffs in the western conference, not winning the title. During this period, the Mavs had winning seasons, never tanked and were building momentum to the championship.
34. Lol was that his prime? Jason Terry at 29, Shawn Marion 31 and past his prime Stackhouse over 30. 3 years past his all-star years. None of these players were anything close to elite. You cannot tell me any of them were top 30 players in the league.

They didn't tank because of the brilliance of Dirk, they were role players the same way AD had role players and only made the playoffs twice in 7 years

Roland17:

Did you just try to make an argument for E. Gordon? A player whose time at New Orleans was ravaged by injury? Gordon played 9 games in his first season, 45 in his 2nd. The most he played for the Pelicans was 64 in 2013. The Pelicans were done with his glass foot and shipped him off after the following season. Let me help you put in better perspective, the least amount of games Gordon has played for the Rockets in a full season is 68 which is not even the most he played for Pelicans in 5 years because he was never around. Whether Howard averaged 2 points is irrelevant but the fact is that he was no scrub, he was good enough they stakes millions so he could be Hardens 1-2 punch.
Holiday, Evans, Anderson were also there if you want to dim Gordon's performances. He had enough help for a transcendent talent to make a difference

They were not a 1-2 punch like you wrongly claimed. It's not a one-two punch when the other guy is doubling your points. It doesn't matter how many millions they spent. Production is the koko. And Harden was scoring double what Dwight averaged

Roland17:

Monty Williams is a coach renowned for helping build young rosters, tanking teams, making the post season is not his calling. Nobody lists averages coaches and mentions Monty, guess where he is now? The Suns and that is because he fits the attributes I listed up there..Are we going to compare that to Rick Carlisle?
Lool the same Carlisle that has no playoff series win in 8 years and no playoff appearance in 4 seasons. Let's leave that story for tortoise

Williams also made postseason despite it not being his calling

Was Alvin Gentry renowned for young rosters and tanking teams too? Let's leave these excuses

Roland17:

AD is the biggest difference between the Lakers of last season and the Lakers of this season.
Let me ask you, which 1-2 punch combination will enjoy more regular season success, Lebron/Kawhi or Lebron/AD? I think that answer wj give a direction to the level of AD’s relevance in LA!
Yes because he has an All-NBA level player sharing the load. We have already established he needed or needs that kind of help to flourish that's why he didn't go to other squads (e.g Boston)

There is no point asking me anything, we can only speak hypothetically.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 16, 2019
A40:
Everyone seems to do though. He's a good fighter but he was borderline average this time last year so I just don't understand the hype lately. Nobody really expected him to beat Till and he's kicked on from there but I don't know if anyone in the division can hang with what I just saw. Those guys could go all night. I was blown away by their chins and their stamina

Dana White will put Masvidal in line next. He's all about the greenbacks and Masvidal and Usman will bring more greenbacks

I think people respect Masvidal more than anything else. But like i said him against Leon would be dope seeing as Leon has one of the longest streaks in the UFC and Masvidal IMO hasn't earned a title shot yet. Plus their history with the whole "3 piece and a soda" backstage brawl. I think the fight will sell, just makes so much sense.

As for Colby and Kamaru, everyone knew their cardio was top notch and like i said people may not like Colby but hes the real deal. Kamaru though, i saw him make Woodley look like a log of wood, just dominated him so i knew he had some potential. But that was more holding someone up against the cage ala Randy Couture. His striking was really impressive today and showed another dimension. Like he said, he may not be the best striker or grappler in the world but when it comes to mixing sh-t up no one does it better than him and i agree as far as that division. Plus hes huge AF, surprising how he makes 170. Hes going to be very difficult to beat. Cant get over how good that fight was. Poetic that kamaru literally shut Colbys mouth up. Mans really claiming early stoppage, i guess i would've enjoyed the prick getting a few more punches to his head LMAO cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 16, 2019
The Lakers are not taking the hawks seriously, bricking shots and turning the ball over. This may come back to bite them. The hawks may be bad on paper but every team the lakers face brings their A game.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:07am On Dec 16, 2019
Chandler Parsons is still in the league. Damn

(1) (2) (3) ... (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.