Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628917 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:30am On Mar 01, 2020
A40:
Lool James Harden getting cooked by Marcus Smart after talking that junk yesterday

You love to see it. I'll be surprised if Giannis actually defends Harden. Westbrook is His most defensive assignment.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:36am On Mar 01, 2020
Oh boy the Lakers got a proper beat down. As things stand, I don't see them beating either the Clippers or the Rockets in a 7 game series.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
Careful man, you are hitting some tables. They will definitely find an excuse for the loss. They are probably watching the full game right now, checking if Lebron at any point in the game pointed towards his Groin or AD towards his back, hand, head, elbow e.t.c. grin. Or perhaps they are retaining their energy for the postseason, they are still at the top anyway.
chic2pimp:
Oh boy the Lakers got a proper beat down. As things stand, I don't see them beating either the Clippers or the Rockets in a 7 game series.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sometimes it's just better to keep the truth to oneself. That launch by Giannis was quite the jab. Perhaps Giannis was joking when he made the "i need someone that can pass statement" but it definitely hit home. grin. Harden's reply definitely hit home too. Someone interviewed Giannis, and it was obvious he felt the Jab. grin. But honestly it's hard to Judge tall players vs relatively shorter players. Perhaps it comes down to what you can do that most players at your position or with similar height and size cannot do, or what you consistently fail to do in critical moments.
A40:
All this is well and good till Giannis puts the clamps on Harden and holds him for 4/20 shooting when they meet.

I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of players actually agree with Giannis's take but perhaps Giannis should have kept it to himself

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
chic2pimp:

You love to see it. I'll be surprised if Giannis actually defends Harden. Westbrook is His most defensive assignment.
Giannis wants all the smoke. This is someone that blocked Embiid 4 times in one game. I won't be suprised if he takes up the challenge.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
benji93:
Sometimes it's just better to keep the truth to oneself. That launch by Giannis was quite the jab. Perhaps Giannis was joking when he made the "i need someone that can pass statement" but it definitely hit home. grin. Harden's reply definitely hit home too. Someone interviewed Giannis, and it was obvious he felt the Jab. grin. But honestly it's hard to Judge tall players vs relatively shorter players. Perhaps it comes down to what you can do that most players at your position or with similar height and size cannot do, or what you consistently fail to do in critical moments.
They both need to get out of their feelings to be honest. Shaq didn't do much else but dunk however you couldn't stop him.

Giannis does a lot more than just dunk so I don't see why he doesn't laugh it off. He can bring the ball up the floor, defend all 5 positions (what Harden cannot do) and has been leading his team in assists for many seasons now.

The focus for Giannis now should be how to translate this to postseason dominance. Harden's story has more or less been told in that aspect, we kinda know who he is. Giannis can at least avoid that rep

Personally I don't see anything skillful or aesthetically pleasing about Harden's game. He's borderline unwatchable when his 3's are not falling or refs are not calling his flops
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
benji93:
Careful man, you are hitting some tables. They will definitely find an excuse for the loss. They are probably watching the full game right now, checking if Lebron at any point in the game pointed towards his Groin or AD towards his back, hand, head, elbow e.t.c. grin. Or perhaps they are retaining their energy for the postseason, they are still at the top anyway.

Hehehehe....Nah seriously I love King Bron but I'm just saying it as it is. AD for instance needs to be more aggressive. He is wayyyy to passive for the incredible player that is. I see Him settle for jumpers against 6"3 players way too often which isn't right. He needs to dominate those kind of match up. Also their PG position is still lacking. They need to sort it out urgently. Litte things like that doesn't make me too confident about their championship hopes.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
A40:
Giannis wants all the smoke. This is someone that blocked Embiid 4 times in one game. I won't be suprised if he takes up the challenge.

Ohhh He does. I just think Coach Bud will put Bled on Harden as He has done a pretty good guarding Him recently plus Russ might be the more dangerous player of the two as of this very moment.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
People actually slept on and trash-talked Westbrook on this thread. Tragic.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lol, am I seeing people talk about the Lakers on this thread? Seriously? You can thrash-talk Bron and the Lakers when we cease being top of the west. Until then, your opinion don't count.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by youngestgrad(m): 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
Guys so as I said earlier on this thread, I am a recent follower of the NBA. I will like someone to give me a detailed explanation of the playoffs and NBA finals, and why do team's get to the finals and play themselves 7 times!! In football you play home and away, it is quite confusing �
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
youngestgrad:
Guys so as I said earlier on this thread, I am a recent follower of the NBA. I will like someone to give me a detailed explanation of the playoffs and NBA finals, and why do team's get to the finals and play themselves 7 times!! In football you play home and away, it is quite confusing �
A40 should be able to give you a detailed explanation, he's our moderator here.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
youngestgrad:
You have a 30 team league divided into 2 conferences of 15 teams.

8 teams make the playoffs in each conference and they play a best of 7 series from the first round to the NBA Finals

You don't have to play each other 7 times. You just have to beat your opponent 4 times and you have 7 attempts to do so.

It's been that way since the league has existed so don't ask why it's so. I don't know

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
You have to feel for Knicks fans, their team practically gave porzingis to Dallas for for a bag of chips.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:32am On Mar 02, 2020
etidy:
You have to feel for Knicks fans, their team practically gave porzingis to Dallas for for a bag of chips.
Lmaoooo Dennis Smith, don't forget Dennis Smith
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:42am On Mar 02, 2020
I wonder why Bron in his 17th season is not sitting out the second night of a B2B and Anthony Davis is. They have pretty much wrapped up 1st seed. We no wan hear stories oh

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:58am On Mar 02, 2020
Through three quarters, the free throw count is 22-6 in favour of Pelicans. What can I say?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:07am On Mar 02, 2020
steady986:
Through three quarters, the free throw count is 22-6 in favour of Pelicans. What can I say?
FT count is now 26-6. Any time Zion drives to the basket and has a man guarding him, they call a foul. But LeBron was clearly hacked on the hand by Ingram and no call. The NBA should keep this up.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:13am On Mar 02, 2020
steady986:

FT count is now 26-6. Any time Zion drives to the basket and has a man guarding him, they call a foul. But LeBron was clearly hacked on the hand by Ingram and no call. The NBA should keep this up.
28-6 now. Same routine.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:39am On Mar 02, 2020
I laugh when I hear people say that Giannis is running away with the MVP title. SMH
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:43am On Mar 02, 2020
steady986:

28-6 now. Same routine.
So, FT ended 33-10. I need to have a word with the NBA.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:47am On Mar 02, 2020
steady986:
I laugh when I hear people say that Giannis is running away with the MVP title. SMH

LOOOOL....Ofcourse He is. Only an Injury would stop Him from winning it now methinks.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:09am On Mar 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

LOOOOL....Ofcourse He is. Only an Injury would stop Him from winning it now methinks.

The question is whether he it should be unanimous or not but trust the LeBron sports network, nick Wright, Shannon and their agenda they want to make it appear like a tight race.
Re: The NBA Begins by youngestgrad(m): 7:20am On Mar 02, 2020
A40:
You have a 30 team league divided into 2 conferences of 15 teams.

8 teams make the playoffs in each conference and they play a best of 7 series from the first round to the NBA Finals

You don't have to play each other 7 times. You just have to beat your opponent 4 times and you have 7 attempts to do so.

It's been that way since the league has existed so don't ask why it's so. I don't know
Woah maybe it is just to make the season longer and sell more tickets.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:35am On Mar 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

Why do you think so? Because he's averaging 30 and 13 and his team have 8 losses?
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2020
steady986:

Why do you think so? Because he's averaging 30 and 13 and his team have 8 losses?

LOOL...What other reasons do you want?

Team Record CHECK
Individual Record CHECK
Plays Offense CHECK
Plays Defence CHECK

He is easily in Top 3 DPOY discussion. He should win it but He probably won't because He is running away with the Main Award.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2020
etidy:

The question is whether he it should be unanimous or not but trust the LeBron sports network, nick Wright, Shannon and their agenda they want to make it appear like a tight race.

Nah there is no twisting in this case. It's as clear as daylight tbh. Unanimous depends on this team record I think. If they win 70 games, He'll get it. If they don't(which I think is the likely Scenario), He won't get it as I think at least a couple of voters will find a reason to give their First Place vote to another player
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2020
A40:

The focus for Giannis now should be how to translate this to postseason dominance. Harden's story has more or less been told in that aspect, we kinda know who he is. Giannis can at least avoid that rep

Not sure about the second part Bro. Eventhough He averaged 35PPG against KD warriors last season, I think this is the year He'll finally prove all the naysayers wrong. With Westbrook playing the way He is, the Rockets have a variation in their attack the likes we've never seen from them. The days of missing 27 3 in a row are now a thing of the past.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:07am On Mar 02, 2020
etidy:

Oops, this doesn't look like Shanon Sharpe or Nick Wright

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

LOOL...What other reasons do you want?

Team Record CHECK
Individual Record CHECK
Plays Offense CHECK
Plays Defence CHECK

He is easily in Top 3 DPOY discussion. He should win it but He probably won't because He is running away with the Main Award.
That's a lazy analogy if you ask me. LeBron is top of his conference too. Let's not bore each other on which conference is harder.

As for individual record, LeBron has his too, so I really don't k ow what you're talking about.

LeBron plays offence too, both by scoring and aiding others to score. You can't ask for more.

I know we always talk negatively about LeBron's defence, but you can't do that this season. LeBron is no scrub on defence. Having said that, Curry played no D, Harden played no D. But guess what, they won MVP.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

Not sure about the second part Bro. Eventhough He averaged 35PPG against KD warriors last season, I think this is the year He'll finally prove all the naysayers wrong. With Westbrook playing the way He is, the Rockets have a variation in their attack the likes we've never seen from them. The days of missing 27 3 in a row are now a thing of the past.
Lool KD missed the last game and a half. Harden had the chance to stretch the series to Game 7 and failed just as he did against a Kawhi-less Spurs some seasons back.

As for Westbrook and Harden. Two words! Na today? I'd believe it when I see it in the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2020
Giannis is averaging 30-14-6 with 1 block per game on a team on pace for 70 wins leading the league in PER, Defensive Rating and Defensive win shares

If he doesn't win MVP they might as well scrap the award. He should actually win DPOY as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.