Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1718797 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
chic2pimp:

Ohhh I do agree with your first paragraph, it's just a point of view I see gathering steam as days go by.

As I told A40, that's a bit unfair. Bron missed a chunk of the season due to injury which affected the Lakers seedings. They were 4th I think before He went down. With regards to the players that got traded, this is not the first and certainly won't be the last time players have taken giant strides in the offseason. This is one of these said cases.

I get it but you guys exaggerate this 4th position in December ish. The Lakers were also 2 games away from the 9th spot, 3 games away from 10th and 5 games from 12th. It could have gone either way but the Lakers had enjoyed the easiest run of games in December before playing the Warriors when he went down.

Do you want me to list the teams the Lakers played in December?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2020
The propaganda is really working cool

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
Roland17:

I get it but you guys exaggerate this 4th position in December ish. The Lakers were also 2 games away from the 9th spot, 3 games away from 10th and 5 games from 12th. It could have gone either way but the Lakers had enjoyed the easiest run of games in December before playing the Warriors when he went down.

Sweetheart, you forgot to mention that the Lakers were 2.5 games away from the top seed

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
LeBron James in February:
26.0 points, 10.1 assists, 8.1 rebounds, 58.8% true shooting on 30.5% usage. 8-2 record. Net Rating = 9.3

Russell Westbrook in February:
33.4 points, 6.0 assists, 7.3 rebounds, 59.4% true shooting on 36.5% usage. 7-1 record. Net Rating = 12.3

You go fear propaganda.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
Roland17:

Hand on heart, are you going tell me the Lakers don't make the Playoffs last year had Lebron not missed all those games? C'mon Bruh.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
A40:
How?? The season was barely 20 games in. They were like 2 games ahead of the 10th seed. 2! Why are people acting like they were a sure-fire playoff squad?

AD has been reduced to a complete non factor despite being the difference maker on defense. They couldn't stop a nosebleed last year and suddenly this year they are a top 5 defense

What the Lakers have is a system that over relies on Bron. This same George Hill was in Cleveland and looked like a G-LEAGUE player and now people are asking where was this George Hill? Jordan Clarkson at Utah is doing same thing. When your system is not over reliant on one player and scorers are not reduced to spot up shooters, you get a little more performance from them

As I asked Roland, would you with your hand on your heart confidently say the Lakers would have missed out on the Playoffs last year had Bron
not missed all those games?

But AD is getting His Just credit though. He is the Frontrunner for the DPOY and it's looking more and more likely that He'll win it. True maybe not as much as Bron but they can only be one Captain of the Ship. I do however agree with the majorty of your Last paragraph though.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
chic2pimp:

As I asked Roland, would you with your hand on your heart confidently say the Lakers would have missed out on the Playoffs last year had Bron
not missed all those games?

But AD is getting His Just credit though. He is the Frontrunner for the DPOY and it's looking more and more likely that He'll win it. True maybe not as much as Bron but they can only be one Captain of the Ship. I do however agree with the majorty of your Last paragraph though.
Yes. Because when he returned there were 32 games to play and they were only two games outside the playoffs. If they didn't make the playoffs with that much time left then what's the guarantee they would have made it ab initio.

I doubt AD wins DPOY. But the key thing to note here is that the team is not set up to exploit what it can do without Bron. A team with that many solid players should not look this bad whenever he sits, this is the crutch most of his stans stand on. However this is emblematic on coaching and should be completely unrelated to the MVP debate. Why is Giannis being punished because Budenholzer's system allows the likes of Middleton, Bledsoe and Hill to create

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
Roland17:

The important argument really should be where they were when he returned and if they could still make the playoffs. They ended up with a losing record and were out of contention with over 10 games left
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:32am On Mar 04, 2020
What the!!!!!@ShaqonTNT grin grin That hair line got me on the floor... grin grin
#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:03am On Mar 04, 2020
Injuries to some starters in the NBA is unearthing some really good players. Keep an eye on Brooklyn Nets Chiozza, I saw him in college for the Florida Gators but tonight against the Celtics he was really good and it was my first time watching him in the NBA.
The other is Shake Milton of the Sixers who has taken advantage of Simmon’s absence to wow the league.
#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:56am On Mar 04, 2020
Probably yes. Why are you insisting on the 4th place which was the case only after 34 games. That was not even halfway through the season. When he came back what happened? Do we not know that they lost 12 out of 15 straight games when he returned, even despite declaring play off LeBron after the all star break. grin. Can you extrapolate that result please? They only began considering sitting him for the rest of the season when they fell out out of play-off contention. So it's a strong yes. There's a high probability they would have missed the playoffs if he hadn't missed those games earlier due to injury.
chic2pimp:

Hand on heart, are you going tell me the Lakers don't make the Playoffs last year had Lebron not missed all those games? C'mon Bruh.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:15am On Mar 04, 2020
Lavar knows

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:17am On Mar 04, 2020
If Steph and Klay both played this season, Golden State wouldn't have made the playoffs. That's for sure.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2020
The Warriors wouldn't make the playoffs with Steph, Draymond and Klay this season because you had no idea NBA playoffs existed from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. Talk too much

Anyways, good win over Denver. It was nice watching an upset. grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by lordbeans(m): 1:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
steady986:
If Steph and Klay both played this season, Golden State wouldn't have made the playoffs. That's for sure.

Always saying rubbish. Steph-Klay driven warriors had the 73 -9 record. The best record.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
chic2pimp:

Baba, A40 & Benji93 pretty much shared my thoughts about the quote. I am waiting to read your rebuttal to those hard facts.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
lordbeans:

Always saying rubbish. Steph-Klay driven warriors had the 73 -9 record. The best record.

That is not his issue. He is against anything that presents his hero as nothing more than what we have never seen before. A lot of pundits have been saying how good GSW would have been had Klay and SC been fit to go with Wiggins. Which makes him feel that they are saying what his hero is doing is not special. Hence that comment.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
SmooshCHN:
The Warriors wouldn't make the playoffs with Steph, Draymond and Klay this season because you had no idea NBA playoffs existed from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. Talk too much

Anyways, good win over Denver. It was nice watching an upset. grin cheesy

Those players are never good until they want to make an excuse for Bronny and then they become "4 All-stars". We been knew it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
After how many games? We are talking about the likelihood here. I was hoping you would bring this up. Do you even understand the meaning of "that's for sure|". Lebron's team sucked last season even with him, over a large sample size, so own it. We presented statistical facts that say the Lakers would have likely missed the Playoffs with Lebron. How can you come to terms with the fact that the Lakers lost 12 out of 15 games when he was playing. Your king can have a bad season. grin. He's human. As it turns both cases are not comparable circumstantially.
steady986:
Re: The NBA Begins by youngestgrad(m): 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
steady986:

They would have made the playoffs.........B.itch
Re: The NBA Begins by youngestgrad(m): 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
Guys which NBA team has the best court/arena in your opinion.
I would go with Staples center.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
youngestgrad:
Yeah, the Clipper's do justice to Staples Centre grin

Barclay's Centre, Wells Fargo and Chase Arena are pretty dope though.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
youngestgrad:

TD Garden & Barclay’s Center from my personal experiences. Staples is cool especially the outside with the sculptures of their great players and broadcasters.
The Bradley Center (Old Bucks Arena) was the worst for me. It was old and difficult to navigate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
We are seeing teams with lesser talent thriving. If the Lakers can't win without LeNomad iyen o kan aye. Blame the coach for being clueless

Giannis is the MVP.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
steady986:

Mehn, why do you always do this. You just say anything you feel like saying. Sad sad, you disrespect GSW this much?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
I do want to see a healthy OKC in the playoffs though. CP3, Gallinari and Shai has done a really tremendous job this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
steady986:

Re: The NBA Begins by youngestgrad(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
Roland17:

TD Garden & Barclay’s Center from my personal experiences. Staples is cool especially the outside with the sculptures of their great players and broadcasters.
The Bradley Center (Old Bucks Arena) was the worst for me. It was old and difficult to navigate.

Seems Barclays center is da bomb, you have been there live right?
I went for Staples center because of the way they change d court from Clippers to Lakers within minutes!! It was amazing to watch.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
youngestgrad:

Seems Barclays center is da bomb, you have been there live right?
I went for Staples center because of the way they change d court from Clippers to Lakers within minutes!! It was amazing to watch.

Yes, I have been to the Barclays Center twice for live NBA games. First was after it opened during the 2012 season and last year for the Celtics v Nets and I shared some pictures of both here, I think.
The Staples Center was actually the first Arena I visited to watch live games and it was a lot of fun. You are right about how amazing they are with changing the arena for both games.
The most electric remains my home court, the TD Garden!!!! My goodness! The energy is incomparable...haters will say I am bias angry tongue
If you want a festive experience before games then the American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat is where you want to be. Those guys party hard before and after games. It felt like a carnival.
A lot of folks on this board have live experiences.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Austeeenxx: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
steady986:

Wow! Keep it up, man.
You're one of the best trolls on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
steady986:
Y'all thought you the only ones who can talk trash right? Talmbout LeBron wouldn't have made the playoffs even if he didn't get injured. GTFOH

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
Steph that has been fit since several weeks ago, he's afraid of coming back alone because he fears he'll be exposed badly. Let him come and lead GS to the playoffs na. One small injury since October, who are they deceiving?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.