Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628397 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) ... (2211) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 11:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
steady986:
After watching this game tonight, my fear of the Clippers just nosedived. I know it's just a regular season game, but more confident of taking them in the post season than I was in the opening day of the season.

And one more thing, don't sleep on the KING. I keep saying this but people won't hear. Don't sleep on this man.

PSS: those were some poverty numbers from Kawhi, 27/2/0. Wtf is that?

Nosedived .ke.. it was an offday from the clippers bench today ... production was very low and unusual... I think the Long gap btw games was the cause ... cry
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
SmooshCHN:
For championships, you'll need more than a duo.

A40:
Or trios sef

That's the reason why I would never blame players for forming superteams. Not Lebron, Not Durant, Not kawhi.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
You are learning and that's a good thing. grin
iamJ:
just checked

But I still wouldn't accept that both are at the same level skill wise

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
Maybe it starts with great duos, but it ends with that third guy. You are not winning the championship without that third guy. Infact the complexion of any series deep into the playoffs today usually depends on which third guy shows up. You could have anomalies though.
chic2pimp:
This is the reason why Giannis needs the Likes of Khris step up. The league is all about Great Duos right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 11:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
benji93:
You are learning and that's a good thing. grin
also learn to not jump into my mentions like a groupie once they sight a rapper
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
They have already begun writing off Lou Williams. When playoffs start I don't want to hear pim.

I don't want to hear about refs, load management, depth or other megedefegede excuses

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:00am On Mar 09, 2020
Perhaps that was bad from Kawhi. But your King shot poorly. It would do you a lot of good to mention AD, maybe that comment should be don't sleep on AD. I hope he brings that to the Playoffs.
steady986:
After watching this game tonight, my fear of the Clippers just nosedived. I know it's just a regular season game, but more confident of taking them in the post season than I was in the opening day of the season.

And one more thing, don't sleep on the KING. I keep saying this but people won't hear. Don't sleep on this man.

PSS: those were some poverty numbers from Kawhi, 27/2/0. Wtf is that?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:05am On Mar 09, 2020
Really happy for Hayward's resurgence..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:07am On Mar 09, 2020
aliondo:
LBJ is just too intelligent...

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:10am On Mar 09, 2020
A40:
They have already begun writing off Lou Williams. When playoffs start I don't want to hear pim.

I don't want to hear about refs, load management, depth or other megedefegede excuses

Did Bron just show both Giannis and Kawhi who the real King of the NBA is?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:11am On Mar 09, 2020
This game does not say much about any of the teams at this point. In fact the distribution of the points gives a hint of a potential 7-game series. Such a weird distribution. Perhaps the 4th game might provide a better picture. We are not sure Avery can provide such a contribution 4 times in a series, or perhaps, he and Kuzma can alternate. grin. We are also not sure Lou can be this bad 4 times in a series. The lakers better hope he will be.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:12am On Mar 09, 2020
Too intelligent? Where did you get that from?
aliondo:
LBJ is just too intelligent...
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:16am On Mar 09, 2020
You made a rookie mistake. So you now know KD wasn't there when GSW went 73-9. And don't be salty about it. It's ok to make mistakes. grin
iamJ:
also learn to not jump into my mentions like a groupie once they sight a rapper

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:19am On Mar 09, 2020
benji93:
Perhaps that was bad from Kawhi. But your King shot poorly. It would do you a lot of good to mention AD, maybe that comment should be don't sleep on AD. I hope he brings that to the Playoffs.
14 FT attempts should tell you he was being fouled repeatedly.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:20am On Mar 09, 2020
blacksta:

Nosedived .ke.. it was an offday from the clippers bench today ... production was very low and unusual... I think the Long gap btw games was the cause ... cry
SMH
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:22am On Mar 09, 2020
I will admit, i wasn't expecting 12-14. That was good. Perhaps the Clippers were not expecting it either, hence the hack. grin
steady986:

14 FT attempts should tell you he was being fouled repeatedly.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:23am On Mar 09, 2020
benji93:
Maybe it starts with great duos, but it ends with that third guy. You are not winning the championship without that third guy. Infact the complexion of any series deep into the playoffs today usually depends on which third guy shows up. You could have anomalies though.

Just look at what the Suns are doing to them without Giannis? sad
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2020
benji93:
This game does not say much about any of the teams at this point. In fact the distribution of the points gives a hint of a potential 7-game series. Such a weird distribution. Perhaps the 4th game might provide a better picture. We are not sure Avery can provide such a contribution 4 times in a series, or perhaps, he and Kuzma can alternate. grin. We are also not sure Lou can be this bad 4 times in a series. The lakers better hope he will be.
Best believe that whoever Bradley is guarding gon have an off night. Beverley got cooked, when Lou came on he got cooked too. We have excellent guard defenders in Bradley and Caruso, and we just added Waiters. At this point I have to say there's noting the Clippers guards can do in that series.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:26am On Mar 09, 2020
benji93:
I will admit, i wasn't expecting 12-14. That was good. Perhaps the Clippers were not expecting it either, hence the hack. grin
Man has changed his FT routine. I'd love to see his stat since he switched routine
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:28am On Mar 09, 2020
The Bucks really want to strengthen Giannis' MVP case by getting blown out in his absence.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:32am On Mar 09, 2020
chic2pimp:

Did Bron just show both Giannis and Kawhi who the real King of the NBA is?
Hard to argue over this 2 game span.

Voters will conveniently forget the prior 3 encounters he was thoroughly owned and focus on these ones where a certain Anthony Davis also contributed 62 points.

Provided they don't win the title then no biggie if he wins regular season MVP
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:38am On Mar 09, 2020
Probably true, but that's not enough, he's got to produce offensively too. He got 2 points in the Bucks game. Yes 2 points. That was egregious. grin. He's been blunt offensively against Clippers as well.
steady986:

Best believe that whoever Bradley is guarding gon have an off night. Beverley got cooked, when Lou came on he got cooked too. We have excellent guard defenders in Bradley and Caruso, and we just added Waiters. At this point I have to say there's noting the Clippers guards can do in that series.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:41am On Mar 09, 2020
When i thought his MVP case took a bad hit. We have on our hands a league of narratives.
steady986:
The Bucks really want to strengthen Giannis' MVP case by getting blown out in his absence.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2020
At this point, we just have to let the Lebron fans enjoy this win while it lasts. grin. And Lebron seems to be the only subject being discussed in this win. AD quietly dropped 30.
A40:

Voters will conveniently forget the prior 3 encounters he was thoroughly owned and focus on these ones where a certain Anthony Davis also contributed 62 points.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:50am On Mar 09, 2020
Literally everyone is taking turns to raw Dogg and double penetrate the Rockets at this point

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:51am On Mar 09, 2020
In other news the rockets are getting out rebounded 23 - 8 and it's just the first quarter shocked grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:52am On Mar 09, 2020
benji93:
At this point, we just have to let the Lebron fans enjoy this win while it lasts. grin. And Lebron seems to be the only subject being discussed in this win. AD quietly dropped 30.
That's the price you have to be willing to pay and sacrifice. AD could have dropped 50 today he would never make the headlines. I'm sure e go dey pain am deep down but he's trying to win, which he's not really done on his own so what do you do

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:59am On Mar 09, 2020
A40:
That's the price you have to be willing to pay and sacrifice. AD could have dropped 50 today he would never make the headlines. I'm sure e go dey pain am deep down but he's trying to win, which he's not really done on his own so what do you do

That's the cost of a title "Sacrifice" and "Humility".
LeBron had to learn what it took to win from wade and Riley.
Then you have clowns like Lillard and Beal trying to be the one eyed man in the land of the blind.

I see Anthony picking LeBron's brain and then going on to blossom.

There is a beast in that man, the guy gave golden state fits in his only playoff series. He nearly averaged 40 points grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:03am On Mar 09, 2020
steady986:

If you watch Bucks games, you'll notice they've been quite lethargic since the All Star Break.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:07am On Mar 09, 2020
benji93:

Reason why teams are stock piling on talents now. You can't just have one or two guys drop 20+ points. Now you need like 3 of em'
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:13am On Mar 09, 2020
A40:

This will count for more as earlier in the season, teams were still finding their groove. AD on current form has all but guaranteed himself All First Team NBA and possibly Top 5/6 in the MVP Votings.

If everyone is Fit, they've got one hell of a chance of doing just that. Also Lebron deserves one more ring before He hangs up His sneakers.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:06am On Mar 09, 2020
benji93:
Probably true, but that's not enough, he's got to produce offensively too. He got 2 points in the Bucks game. Yes 2 points. That was egregious. grin. He's been blunt offensively against Clippers as well.
Green had 0 points, Howard had 0, Caruso had 0, Kuz had 8. If you have a hot had, we gon give you the ball. Bradley played 33 minutes, which is unusual. Rondo played 22 minutes, which is unusual. They were both good scoring and playmaking. The points could have been spread across if Bradley wasn't scoring.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) ... (2211) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Khanben, larride(m), afrodoc2, benji93, FBS, smokers and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.