Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1622887 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:38am On Mar 09, 2020
Skeeup is in trouble today. He simply has to take the L like a man and move on. Shannon said the Lakers willl win "BOAF" games and bwoi was He right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 7:41am On Mar 09, 2020
chic2pimp:
Skeeup is in trouble today. He simply has to take the L like a man and move on. Shannon said the Lakers willl win "BOAF" games and bwoi was He right.
he is going to troll skip, can't wait

He specifically said he is going to act like a big fool cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2020
iamJ:
he is going to troll skip, can't wait

He specifically said he is going to act like a big fool cheesy

LOOOL....He has earnt the right to do so today.
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:12am On Mar 09, 2020
I will never understand why Skeeeup is so anti Lebron. I guess the shows need opposite poles for entertainment. To be faire, Skip is the most astute and Basket savvy of the two. He was doing a good job at first take too.

That aside, I could not watch the LA derby but I'm happy that Lakeshow to it home. Now, we have to remember that this is just one game, no need to over celebrate.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:39am On Mar 09, 2020
etidy:

That's the cost of a title "Sacrifice" and "Humility".
LeBron had to learn what it took to win from wade and Riley.
Then you have clowns like Lillard and Beal trying to be the one eyed man in the land of the blind.

I see Anthony picking LeBron's brain and then going on to blossom.

There is a beast in that man, the guy gave golden state fits in his only playoff series. He nearly averaged 40 points grin
Well I wouldn't bash Lillard and Beal so much for wanting to be loyal to one team. The truth is there can only be one champion any given year. And I don't think free agents are queuing to go to Portland, however maybe if they took a little less money maybe they are able to surround the team with just a little more talent to be able to compete

Beal's decision to stay in DC I find a little more puzzling. He knows fully well that John Wall at 30 missing two years of basketball and with a huge salary will probably severely hamper the Wizards chances at a fair chance of competing, but he wants a team built around him. With what?? If he wants to waste his prime years though. Who am I to cry more than the bereaved?

Anyway let's see how the Lakers go from here. I know most of these players all have egos and when you start winning and not getting your due props saltiness can happen as we saw with Kyrie. You will see how fast humility flies out the window

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2020
It's nice to see people already bracing up for a Lakers championship smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
A40:
Well I wouldn't bash Lillard and Beal so much for wanting to be loyal to one team. The truth is there can only be one champion any given year. And I don't think free agents are queuing to go to Portland, however maybe if they took a little less money maybe they are able to surround the team with just a little more talent to be able to compete

Beal's decision to stay in DC I find a little more puzzling. He knows fully well that John Wall at 30 missing two years of basketball and with a huge salary will probably severely hamper the Wizards chances at a fair chance of competing, but he wants a team built around him. With what?? If he wants to waste his prime years though. Who am I to cry more than the bereaved?

Anyway let's see how the Lakers go from here. I know most of these players all have egos and when you start winning and not getting your due props saltiness can happen as we saw with Kyrie. You will see how fast humility flies out the window

You see my problem with players like Beal is
1. They are never held to the standards of winners like steph, Lebron, Durant by everyone yet they want to be accorded the same glory
2.They are always the one crying that the league is stacked against them aka cj mccollum fc
Always whining about not making all stars and all NBA
3. It's okay to be loyal but the proof of loyalty to me is sacrifice. Nowitzki, Duncan, Parker and Co embodied this. They took pay cut and lesser roles on their team to see it thrive.

But you take a huge contract on a bad team that's already handicapped and you're telling me you care about winning and loyalty. Nah! You only care about money.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by youngestgrad(m): 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
etidy:

1. They are never held to the standards of winners like steph, Lebron, Durant by everyone yet they want to be accorded the same glory
2.They are always the one crying that the league is stacked against them aka cj mccollum fc
3. It's okay to be loyal but the proof of loyalty to me is sacrifice. Nowitzki, Duncan, Parker and Co embodied this. They took pay cut and lesser roles on their team to see it thrive.

But you take a huge contract on a bad team that's already handicapped and you're telling me you care about winning and loyalty. Nah! You only care about money.
From the posts above, it seems Lillard and Beal are douche bags.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
youngestgrad:

From the posts above, it seems Lillard and Beal are douche bags.

beal is just clueless imo. but stinking rich too, so issokay tongue

lillard - i think what we are calling loyalty is more about his personality. he is comfortable and doesnt want to change. He can play 20 years, no ring, no finals, cash out and be still be good. Which is cool i guess.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
steady986:
It's nice to see people already bracing up for a Lakers championship smiley
Well, the best team is most likely the Clippers, and in a 7 Game series, it is very difficult to see them defeated. The lakers have a legit shot though, provided ... (the list is too long to write)

The Buck too may have a shot.
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
steady986:

Man has changed his FT routine. I'd love to see his stat since he switched routine

In his last two games, LeBron James went 24-for-29 from the free throw for .828 percent.

He came in before then shooting .693 from the stripe. It is now at .704 percent.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
xwolverine:

In his last two games, LeBron James went 24-for-29 from the free throw for .828 percent.

He came in before then shooting .693 from the stripe. It is now at .704 percent.
Cool.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
In the eight games since the all-star break, LeBron is averaging;

30.1 pts
9.5 ast
7.6 reb
0.9 stl
1.0 blk
3.8 tov
55.1 FG%
77.6 FT%

Compared to before the all-star break

25.0 pts
10.8 ast
7.8 reb
1.3 stl
0.4 blk
4.0 tov
48.9 FG%
68.7 FT%

Playoff mode activated?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:40am On Mar 10, 2020
chic2pimp:

This will count for more as earlier in the season, teams were still finding their groove. AD on current form has all but guaranteed himself All First Team NBA and possibly Top 5/6 in the MVP Votings.

If everyone is Fit, they've got one hell of a chance of doing just that. Also Lebron deserves one more ring before He hangs up His sneakers.
I would rather he gets season MVP if it means the Lakers don't get the chip anyway so it's all good
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:47am On Mar 10, 2020
etidy:

The likes of Beal and Lillard have probably accepted they will never be Tier 1 first ballot Hall of Famers although the Basketball Hall of Fame is easily the easiest to get into so they probably still have a shot regardless.

Fans will never be put them in the same light as Steph, KD, Bron and they are paid too much money to care tbvh

The likes of Duncan got full rewards for their sacrifices but you could argue that Nowitzki didn't, you can take lesser pay and your GM and organization doesn't get the required talent to compete. That would be a lose-lose. In a way I can sympathize with some of these B-Tier stars because the truth is everybody will not be a champion
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:30am On Mar 10, 2020
If the Lakers rack more wins than the Bucks, then Giannis can kiss the MVP goodbye cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Eyedea(m): 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1237146909351051264

This is some presidential election level of campaigning.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
I honestly don't understand how someone would bring up such arguments to support his MVP case.
Eyedea:

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
Eyedea:

Lmaoooo that is how low his fanboys and Bronsexuals are willing to stoop. Why are you surprised

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2020
Meanwhile let me drop this here.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
But LeBron is the MVP now. grin. AD quietly leading in most categories .Ayele ooo. grin
A40:
Meanwhile let me drop this here.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
When you bring up stats that have Dwight Howard as the leading 3 point shooter on a team, then you know it's desperation time grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2020
We shouldn't watch the games anymore, all we need to do is read the box score cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
Leading 3 point shooter? Is that what the sheet says? You didn't even bother to look at AD's contribution. You went all the way to Howard. Such Sound analysis. The world is hard indeed.
steady986:
When you bring up stats that have Dwight Howard as the leading 3 point shooter on a team, then you know it's desperation time grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
benji93:
Leading 3 point shooter? Is that what the sheet says? You didn't even bother to look at AD's contribution. You went all the way to Howard. Such Sound analysis. The world is hard indeed.
I know exactly what the sheet says, lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
Eyedea:

This is just low... I mean very low and disrespectful to Kobe and his family.. Let me even pretend the China ish does not matter but using Kobe’s death to propel his MVP candidacy!!! Someone needs to call these guys to order. LeBum did not have any personal relationship with Kobe, it’s not like the friendship Lebum has with Melo, CP3 and Wade!
Come on man!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
Since LeBron left the East, it is no longer weak. It is now normal that the Mvp comes From The East

I guess if LeBron returns to the East, it will be weak again and the Mvp must come from the tougher western conference

#Smh

#Hypocrisy

#thehateisreal

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
Afromentalist:
Since LeBron left the East, it is no longer weak. It is now normal that the Mvp comes From The East

I guess if LeBron returns to the East, it will be weak again and the Mvp must come from the tougher western conference

#Smh

#Hypocrisy

#thehateisreal

When he had the best record in the east he was winning it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
steady986:

I know exactly what the sheet says, lol

The sheet says he has the highest 3 pt % and not that he is the best 3 pt shooter.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
benji93:

AD is suffering the same thing that anyone who ever played with Bron suffers from his fanboys. They give him all the credit. Admittedly, he was very good in both games. But without AD in both games they don't win either. Also, without Bradley and the concomitant no-show from Lou Will, they don't win the LAC game. But see who the narrative is about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.