Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624958 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
Gobert was reported to have been careless however, I'm concerned for his career in the NBA. He's an emotional guy. I don't think he would want to continue especially with the reaction from fans and how people in the league are putting the blame on him.

This is complicated. sad
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
Eruditor:

Were you entering the country or leaving the country?
I was entering. From Ghana though. cry
Re: The NBA Begins by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2020
Rudy's teammate Donovan Mitchell tested positive for Coronavirus.

Players from teams the Jazz have played within the past 10 days were told to self-quarantine, sources told ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. Those teams are the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons and Toronto Raptors.

Since playing Utah… The Cavaliers have faced the Celtics, Nuggets, Spurs and Bulls. The Knicks have faced the Thunder, Pistons and Wizards. The Celtics have faced the Thunder and Pacers. The Pistons have faced the Knicks.

Those Jazz opponents have faced other teams. And on and on. The NBA is connected.

Re: The NBA Begins by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
....And he was ready to play last night...scary thing is he showed no signs or symptoms.... perfectly healthy and was supposed to play yesterday, not even a headache...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
TheShopKeeper:
Rudy's teammate Donovan Mitchell tested positive for Coronavirus.

Players from teams the Jazz have played within the past 10 days were told to self-quarantine, sources told ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. Those teams are the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons and Toronto Raptors.

Since playing Utah… The Cavaliers have faced the Celtics, Nuggets, Spurs and Bulls. The Knicks have faced the Thunder, Pistons and Wizards. The Celtics have faced the Thunder and Pacers. The Pistons have faced the Knicks.

Those Jazz opponents have faced other teams. And on and on. The NBA is connected.
This is reaching scary dimensions. The only positive here is it seems the younger you are the better your chances of survival.

I would be suprised borderline relieved if it's just these two but I can't shake the feeling there are more players affected
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2020
steady986:

This year he's averaging 9.4 rebs, 2.4 blks and 1.5 steals. In 2017 he averaged 11.1 rebs, 2.6 blks and 1.5 steals. Last year he averaged 12.0 rebs, 1.6 steals and 2.4 blks. In 2014 he averaged 10.2 rebs, 1.5 steals and 2.9 blks. His defensive win shares for 2014, 2016 and 2017 were 4.2, 5.1 and 4.9 respectively. His defensive win shares for this season is 4.1. Notice he hasn't surpassed any of those categories this year. Or are you not a numbers guy again? grin

(I'm waiting for you to tell me that there are things that don't show in the box score cheesy)
In a team with Dwight, McGee and LeNomad you want him to average the exact same numbers he was averaging in New Orleans?? Are you sure your agbari is functioning at all?

Did KD and Steph's numbers remain the same or dropped when they ended up in the same team?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
SmooshCHN:
Gobert was reported to have been careless however, I'm concerned for his career in the NBA. He's an emotional guy. I don't think he would want to continue especially with the reaction from fans and how people in the league are putting the blame on him.

This is complicated. sad
Very careless. Heard even his teammates affirmed. There is time for clowning and time to be serious

Sometimes there is need to face consequences for silly actions. Would have cost him nothing to show basic decorum. This is an illness that is highly communicable and has killed thousands. I saw a general lack of seriousness and laxity among quite a number of Americans. Some even went as far as calling it a hoax or common flu and were accusing people of scare mongering.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
birdman:

U mean close eye. Dem dey open eye do dat kain tin? grin
Lmaooooooo because the ignorance seems to have permeated all spheres at levels we have not seen before.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
A40:
In a team with Dwight, McGee and LeNomad you want him to average the exact same numbers he was averaging in New Orleans?? Are you sure your agbari is functioning at all?

Did KD and Steph's numbers remain the same or dropped when they ended up in the same team?

Lol, in that case, how is he now a DPOY candidate? You're just contradicting yourself up and down. Continue cheesy

Stephen and KD's numbers dropped and so none of them were able to win MVP, how is AD any different with Dwight, JaVale and Bron? grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
steady986:

Lol, in that case, how is he now a DPOY candidate? You're just contradicting yourself up and down. Continue cheesy

Stephen and KD's numbers dropped and so none of them were able to win MVP, how is AD any different with Dwight, JaVale and Bron? grin
Stop asking me stupid question like you have been doing all day and all night. Ask your fellow Lakers fans and players alike. Ask pundits that have him and Giannis as primary contenders and stop asking me silly questions

Same way Steph and KD couldn't win MVP is the same way AD and Bron shouldn't because they more or less cancel each other out, a lot more than Dwight, Javale do to AD defensively as you can see there is little or no drop in his numbers apart from rebounds
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:09am On Mar 13, 2020
A40:
Stop asking me stupid question like you have been doing all day and all night. Ask your fellow Lakers fans and players alike. Ask pundits that have him and Giannis as primary contenders and stop asking me silly questions

Same way Steph and KD couldn't win MVP is the same way AD and Bron shouldn't because they more or less cancel each other out, a lot more than Dwight, Javale do to AD defensively as you can see there is little or no drop in his numbers apart from rebounds

Bro, how do you keep up with this?

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:11am On Mar 13, 2020
I knew he was going to delve into the 'AD and LeBron cancel each other too' just to divert the attention. grin Boy keeps falling into my trap.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:13am On Mar 13, 2020
A40:

Should we also ask the pundits that admit that LeBron is an MVP contender? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:22am On Mar 13, 2020
steady986:

Should we also ask the pundits that admit that LeBron is an MVP contender? cheesy
I think you are running mad at this point. Who has argued that he is not an MVP contender? Your questions are getting dumber by the second. No offense
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:02am On Mar 13, 2020
A40:
I think you are running mad at this point. Who has argued that he is not an MVP contender? Your questions are getting dumber by the second. No offense
Lol. I thought you opined that Giannis was the runaway MVP? cheesy Good to know you're now seeing what others are seeing.
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 8:00am On Mar 13, 2020
Commissioner Adam Silver has said that the suspension is likely to last "at least 30 days".

Corona.. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:04am On Mar 13, 2020
steady986:

Lol. I thought you opined that Giannis was the runaway MVP? cheesy Good to know you're now seeing what others are seeing.
Giannis is the rightful MVP, LeNomad is obviously a contender. I don't know who has argued otherwise. You're hallucinating now
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2020
A40:
Giannis is the rightful MVP, LeNomad is obviously a contender. I don't know who has argued otherwise. You're hallucinating now
Lol. How can someone be a contender when you've given one person the crown already? Olodo person

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2020
Honestly, stop making a fool of yourself. grin. Stop making deductions when you don't have enough information from the other end. We are obviously talking about who the MVP is right now. So there can always be a contender until there is a winner. When someone opines that someone is the MVP, it's probably a momentary assertion, unless the other party says otherwise. You can always ask to be sure. grin. So in real-time(since it seems there's some sort of time dilation on your end grin), saying someone is the MVP at a point in time does not mean, he'll get the crown. The clause was "Giannis is the rightful MVP". Meanwhile, you asked a question i am yet to answer. grin.I will get back to you.
steady986:

Lol. How can someone be a contender when you've given one person the crown already? Olodo person

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:46pm On Mar 13, 2020
steady986:

You're daft. I blame myself for arguing with an obtuse dingbat like you. Simple concepts we have to explain like you're a child
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
benji93:
Honestly, stop making a fool of yourself. grin. Stop making deductions when you don't have enough information from the other end. We are obviously talking about who the MVP is right now. So there can always be a contender until there is a winner. When someone opines that someone is the MVP, it's probably a momentary assertion, unless the other party says otherwise. You can always ask to be sure. grin. So in real-time(since it seems there's some sort of time dilation on your end grin), saying someone is the MVP at a point in time does not mean, he'll get the crown. The clause was "Giannis is the rightful MVP". Meanwhile, you asked a question i am yet to answer. grin.I will get back to you.
Please don't waste your time explaining to this dunce. There is no form of communication that can get through his thick skull
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
I am not sure why I was banned from posting on this board since Wednesday. I guess the spambot has been working overtime.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2020
A40:
You're daft. I blame myself for arguing with an obtuse dingbat like you. Simple concepts we have to explain like you're a child
Lol. All these insults is your phony way of showing how temperamental and thin-skinned you are. grin Nairaland is not for people like you, you could get a depression if you keep letting it get to you
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2020
benji93:
First of all, you didn't need to use a total of 4 grinning emojis to hide your sadness. And secondly, how do y'all now claim LeBron is an MVP contender when just a few days ago, y'all said AD was more valuable to the team. Abi can there be two real MVP contenders from one team?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2020
steady986:

Lol. All these insults is your phony way of showing how temperamental and thin-skinned you are. grin Nairaland is not for people like you, you could get a depression if you keep letting it get to you
If you don't geddifok with your phony psychoanalysis. What a quack

This self righteous buffoon that was wishing injury on another player the other day is trying to give lectures.

It's very important you fuq off with your hypocritical nonsense
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2020
A40:
If you don't geddifok with your phony psychoanalysis. What a quack

This self righteous buffoon that was wishing injury on another player the other day is trying to give lectures.

It's very important you fuq off with your hypocritical nonsense

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2020
A lot has happened since your absence. Welcome back. We have been trying to school one LeBum fan, to no avail. grin
Roland17:
I am not sure why I was banned from posting on this board since Wednesday. I guess the spambot has been working overtime.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:54pm On Mar 13, 2020
How can one man be hated this much? I mean, I know greatness comes with a little criticism, but this is just outrageous. Jordan never received this much hate. The haters will say bs like "it's because of his fans that we hate him so much", but that's just giving a useless excuse to continue in your baseless hate.

People on this thread would legit commit suicide if LeBron wins the championship and wins another MVP to match their forced goat, MJ.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
steady986:
How can one man be hated this much? I mean, I know greatness comes with a little criticism, but this is just outrageous. Jordan never received this much hate. The haters will say bs like "it's because of his fans that we hate him so much", but that's just giving a useless excuse to continue in your baseless hate.

People on this thread would legit commit suicide if LeBron wins the championship and wins another MVP to match their forced goat, MJ.
man, lebron is great! Am a gsw fan and my God, that guy? I think to me, he contributes to winning more than any superstar past or present . He can do everything(his free throw shooting is a bit shaky), but i got no gripes with that man.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
Tundesam923:
man, lebron is great! Am a gsw fan and my God, that guy? I think to me, he contributes to winning more than any superstar past or present . He can do everything(his free throw shooting is a bit shaky), but i got no gripes with that man.
That's the spirit bro

People on this thread don't know I had MJ as the GOAT at one time. But as LeBron went on doing what he was doing, I just had to swallow my pride and crown him GOAT. The transition wasn't easy, but it was necessary. Perhaps I didn't watch enough Jordan to stick with him till now, but you can say that of virtually everyone on this thread. Most of them don't even like or know MJ that much, they just want to choose anybody that ain't LeBron grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 6:46am On Mar 14, 2020
steady986:

Baba you just dropped bars !!!

The hate of Lebron is out of this world. I just don't get it

Whatever Lebron does, they must find an excuse to bash him or at least diminish his achievements. As in, wetin that man go do that is humanly achievable to be respected? We are talking about someone who is historical top 10 in almost every statistic that matters in this game. At this point, he must simply go on with his life, there is no hope.

But when he dies, them go form tears

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2020
Afromentalist:

Baba you just dropped bars !!!

The hate of Lebron is out of this world. I just don't get it

Whatever Lebron does, they must find an excuse to bash him or at least diminish his achievements. As in, wetin that man go do that is humanly achievable to be respected? We are talking about someone who is historical top 10 in almost every statistic that matters in this game. At this point, he must simply go on with his life, there is no hope.

But when he dies, them go form tears
Word

And he keeps proving them wrong all the time. From washed king to MVP contender. What a way to infuriate your haters cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.