Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630219 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Yooruba1914: 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

Bruv,

The real pandemic is Racism. It’s sad.

how is the bycotting going to solve anything? How is writing blm on the floor brings about change? How does leftwing political slogans,looting and rioting bring about equality and social justice? Police brutality and racism did not start 3.5 years ago,it is just a political move to remove a ws for another ws.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Yooruba1914: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2020
steady986:

Bro. NBA are not the police, they are not the senate, they are not the judiciary. And the NBA are certainly not the ones who shot Blake. Whether the players play or not, life will still go on. Their refusal to play won't end police brutality. So it's best they put emotions aside an look for a long lasting-solution.
just like sas said,the blacks in america is easily deceived because they run on emotions rather than strategy. The walkout ended up making them look stupid.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
Roland17:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-jordan-reportedly-played-key-204813172.html

As always, the GOAT gets the job done.

I heard someone got upset (because the Bucks chose to boycott without talking to other players/teams), created a scene by walking out in the middle of the meeting and his fellow team mates joined him as he walked out!!! If I call am LeBum now, some of una go begin get HBP. @Birdman come an carry your MCM dey go abeg!
If he wins this year then they actually have the GOAT to thank for being the voice of reason
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yooruba1914:
how is the bycotting going to solve anything? How is writing blm on the floor brings about change? How does leftwing political slogans,looting and rioting bring about equality and social justice? Police brutality and racism did not start 3.5 years ago,it is just a political move to remove a ws for another ws.
Lool na una type go beat pikin still talk say make e no cry. Are you not sufficiently appalled by what's been going on? Don't you think it should stop?

You would rather the players sat and did nothing? Should this be about Right or left wing or basic decency and humanity?
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yooruba1914:

And what do you propose as the solution other than ranting on here?

Are you a White supremacist?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

Bruv,
The real pandemic is Racism. It’s sad.
And vaccine no dey
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
Personally, there is no point boycotting a game or calling for the season to end when you agreed to restart the season in the first place.

The boycott has not reduced racism one bit. So you boycott games and what next?

The right game plan is for the athletes to complete the season enrich themselves, you need money to have a voice.

Then continually use their platform to preach against racism and campaign for social change including encouraging their followers to register and vote out racist apologist in govt.
Emotions and tantrums is not a strategy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Yooruba1914: 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
[s]
mattfeuter:

And what do you propose as the solution other than ranting on here?
Are you a White supremacist?
[/s]
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Roland17:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-jordan-reportedly-played-key-204813172.html

As always, the GOAT gets the job done.

I heard someone got upset (because the Bucks chose to boycott without talking to other players/teams), created a scene by walking out in the middle of the meeting and his fellow team mates joined him as he walked out!!! If I call am LeBum now, some of una go begin get HBP. @Birdman come an carry your MCM dey go abeg!

Nothing wrong with that. Look, bucks should at least have informed the orlando magic of what was going down. Deciding in your lockeroom without consulting other players of coaches was sloppy and could have caused mixed messages. It shows inexperience. Are you trying to run the movement by yourself?

The easiest way to kill a movement is lack of focus and disunity. Bucks almost did that. I hope other players learned, and in the future consult with others.

Notice how I didnt need to insult anybody or personalize the issue. Othet players have a right to be upset with one small group going off on its own. Are you trying to effect change or just want to be a cowboy with your own emotions? Got to grow up!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

Jeff bezos is not an NFL owner.

The nfl owners have other businesses. And they can get richer even during a boycott. Many of the facilities already have tax breaks from cities. Some were built by cities. So they can survive your boycott. Thats the point.
Re: The NBA Begins by Yooruba1914: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
A40:
Lool na una type go beat pikin still talk say make e no cry. Are you not sufficiently appalled by what's been going on? Don't you think it should stop?

You would rather the players sat and did nothing? Should this be about Right or left wing or basic decency and humanity?
what they are doing is a bullshit,if MLK had advocated RIOTING AND LOOTING? WOULD HE HAD SUCCEEDED? We all know how the far left including the nba and lbj dislikes the president by romances with a real dictator(china). The question now is what did they get out of the walkout? Nothing. Again just emotions, no strategy. The solution is to start from within.
Re: The NBA Begins by Yooruba1914: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
etidy:
Personally, there is no point boycotting a game or calling for the season to end when you agreed to restart the season in the first place.

The boycott has not reduced racism one bit. So you boycott games and what next?

The right game plan is for the athletes to complete the season enrich themselves, you need money to have a voice.

Then continually use their platform to preach against racism and campaign for social change including encouraging their followers to register and vote out racist apologist in govt.
Emotions and tantrums is not a strategy.
bros 1000 likes for you. Black athletes are just pawns. Just tantrums, no strategy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
The players are serious about a movement. And they are making mistakes because of lack of experience. I hope they get better and more organized after the Bucks fiasco. The miscommunication could have been used to weaken the movement as a whole.

In my mind I keep seeing Giannis making the coconut head decision. Boycott is not a rebound grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Yooruba1914: 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
birdman:
The players are serious about a movement. And they are making mistakes because of lack of experience. I hope they get better and more organized after the Bucks fiasco. The miscommunication could have been used to weaken the movement as a whole.

In my mind I keep seeing Giannis making the coconut head decision. Boycott is not a rebound grin
haha coconut head. I think every one is trying to be WOKE, now they are trying to out woke each other. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yooruba1914:
what they are doing is a bullshit,if MLK had advocated RIOTING AND LOOTING? WOULD HE HAD SUCCEEDED? We all know how the far left including the nba and lbj dislikes the president by romances with a real dictator(china). The question now is what did they get out of the walkout? Nothing. Again just emotions, no strategy. The solution is to start from within.
Where did you see any present NBA athlete advocate for rioting and looting? WTF are you talking about?

Again you're clearly not getting what it is about. These athletes are privileged, they are rich AF and don't have to fight the battle for the average black man on the street. You can question their methods and perhaps point out their entitlement but what else would you have them do? Say nothing?

As much as I had an issue with NBA and China and LBJ's double standards however charity begins at home. You can't be chooking mouth in China's business when your house is on fire
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
birdman:

A lot of these guys are in their 20's and early 30's they didn't create this mess, they were born into it and are learning as they go.

From the responses I have been seeing both from the right wing and Trump apologists it's really for people to just keep quiet and carry on with business as usual. At what point does basic humanity kick in and not whether you're leaning left or right.

I have my issues with the entire season boycotted. Racism will not stop in a year or 4 years but if it takes a few boycotts and radical stances like these to hasten accountability of racist police then I'm all for it

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
birdman:

Nothing wrong with that. Look, bucks should at least have informed the orlando magic of what was going down. Deciding in your lockeroom without consulting other players of coaches was sloppy and could have caused mixed messages. It shows inexperience. Are you trying to run the movement by yourself?

The easiest way to kill a movement is lack of focus and disunity. Bucks almost did that. I hope other players learned, and in the future consult with others.

Notice how I didnt need to insult anybody or personalize the issue. Othet players have a right to be upset with one small group going off on its own. Are you trying to effect change or just want to be a cowboy with your own emotions? Got to grow up!
It happened in their city. These are athletes not politicians. I don't understand why so much responsibility is on their necks to fix a mess they didn't create. They might be entitled and enjoy liberties to boycott their daily jobs but we also need to realize they are not protesting for themselves, they are good

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Yooruba1914: 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
A40:
Where did you see any present NBA athlete advocate for rioting and looting? WTF are you talking about?

Again you're clearly not getting what it is about. These athletes are privileged, they are rich AF and don't have to fight the battle for the average black man on the street. You can question their methods and perhaps point out their entitlement but what else would you have them do? Say nothing?

As much as I had an issue with NBA and China and LBJ's double standards however charity begins at home. You can't be chooking mouth in China's business when your house is on fire
o they do. They say things along the line that it is the only way they can get their voices out. They say they want and demand radical change. You can effect change with your vote,community polices, not trantrums.
Re: The NBA Begins by Yooruba1914: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
A40:
A lot of these guys are in their 20's and early 30's they didn't create this mess, they were born into it and are learning as they go.

From the responses I have been seeing both from the right wing and Trump apologists it's really for people to just keep quiet and carry on with business as usual. At what point does basic humanity kick in and not whether you're leaning left or right.

I have my issues with the entire season boycotted. Racism will not stop in a year or 4 years but if it takes a few boycotts and radical stances like these to hasten accountability of racist police then I'm all for it
how does boycotts bring about real change? How does tantrums and emotions bring about change? The only way to reduce racism is through economic empowerment,education,redistribution of wealth.and no trump apologist dont want things to cont. as usual.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
birdman:

I go bet any money na Giannis... grin

Na Orlando magic I feel for pass... Black live no matter to those ones... grin

For real,They had good intentions at the very least people they talk..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yooruba1914:
how does boycotts bring about real change? How does tantrums and emotions bring about change? The only way to reduce racism is through economic empowerment,education,redistribution of wealth.and no trump apologist dont want things to cont. as usual.
Boycotts bring attention to the issue. They are athletes not politicians, all they can really do is bring attention to the issue. You have elected officials, that's their responsibility and they are clearly not doing it

Lack of education and economic empowerment does not mean a human being should be exposed to racism and treated like anything less of a human being

Trump and his apologists are clearly satisfied with the status quo which is why they are so triggered to not even recognize and respect their fellow citizens rights even to peaceful protest. Why are you so badly against the boycott? Why are you against any form of protest. Why?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yooruba1914:
o they do. They say things along the line that it is the only way they can get their voices out. They say they want and demand radical change. You can effect change with your vote,community polices, not trantrums.
Show any current NBA athlete that has advocated for looting and rioting. Giannis, CP3, LeBron name just one

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
birdman:

It was George Hill that started and led it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Danielnino00(m): 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
So... The league will resume tomorrow...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Porzingis out. E don be for Mavericks
Maybe Phil Jackson was right after all
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
I imagine players who opted out of the bubble and players whose team did not make it to the bubble would feel like they are missing something extraordinary that may never happen again in their playing career. The players who played in the bubble have expereinced something unique they can brag about!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
Roland17:
I imagine players who opted out of the bubble and players whose team did not make it to the bubble would feel like they are missing something extraordinary that may never happen again in their playing career. The players who played in the bubble have expereinced something unique they can brag about!

This 1000%. History making and discomfort be like cousins

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:26am On Aug 29, 2020
A40:

Like Fela said, animal in human skin... Its amazing the evil that men are capable of. Even "christians"
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:29am On Aug 29, 2020
Wakanda Forever friends. cry
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2020
birdman:

Lol no wonder Lebron left the room angry,

Of all the people that could have led the charge , it had to be George hill? Seriously ? shocked shocked

The 2018 NBA finals game 1 blunder is still fresh in our minds.

It’s like dejavu again. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
birdman:

Like Fela said, animal in human skin... Its amazing the evil that men are capable of. Even "christians"
Like legit is there a time they don't think ok let's sheathe our sword for a second and understand that actual lives of their fellow citizens have been lost
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:56am On Aug 30, 2020
L. Dort has to start making options out of what the defense is giving him. He does not have to shoot the 3, he can drive to the bucket or move the ball. He is doing an excellent job defending Harden.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: steady986(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.