Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635585 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:10am On Sep 01, 2020
Okc is like a mosquito you have to fleet the whole house to kill.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:03am On Sep 01, 2020
Westbrick pls dont show up for game 7.ok? Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 5:57am On Sep 01, 2020
birdman:
Okc is like a mosquito you have to fleet the whole house to kill.
my money on OKC
Re: The NBA Begins by jaybee3(m): 6:29am On Sep 01, 2020
birdman:
grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 8:35am On Sep 01, 2020
Adebayo making us proud like maddd
Re: The NBA Begins by iskoki(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2020
Haven't been on this thread but this morning's events were extraordinary. Russell Westbrook, I really feel bad for him. Can't wait to hear what Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe have to say.
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2020
iskoki:
Haven't been on this thread but this morning's events were extraordinary. Russell Westbrook, I really feel bad for him. Can't wait to hear what Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe have to say.

Or we can just applaud Cp3s brilliance!

15 fourth quarter points and 0 turnover. . . That’s impressive and clutch.

Skip will have a field day mocking Westbrook lol

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by iskoki(m): 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
mattfeuter:

Or we can just applaud Cp3s brilliance!

15 fourth quarter points and 0 turnover. . . That’s impressive and clutch.

Skip will have a field day mocking Westbrook lol

Chris Paul was good but you just have to admit that Westbrook was terrible in 4th quarter when it mattered most. Those turn overs cost Houston the game .

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
iskoki:

What I don't understand is some coaches leaving unfit stars/marquee players in the game even in the all important 4th quarter to the detriment of results.

For crying out loud dude is just coming back from injury. His form will not be the finest; he will be more error prone especially during clutch time. Save his ass. Pull him out late in the game.

Now, this loss is on him.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by damentalist: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
iskoki:

Chris Paul was good but you just have to admit that Westbrook was terrible in 4th quarter when it mattered most. Those turn overs cost Houston the game .
You also have to take into account the fact that OKC too had massive turn over. 19 I think not way less than Houston's 22.
Re: The NBA Begins by iskoki(m): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
damentalist:

You also have to take into account the fact that OKC too had massive turn over. 19 I think not way less than Houston's 22.

I would expect that from OKC to be honest.
Re: The NBA Begins by iskoki(m): 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
DeeMain:

What I don't understand is some coaches leaving unfit stars/marquee players in the game even in the all important 4th quarter to the detriment of results.

For crying out loud dude is just coming back from injury. His form will not be the finest; he will be more error prone especially during clutch time. Save his ass. Pull him out late in the game.

Now, this loss is on him.

Smh

Honestly I have to agree 100 %. Westbrook missed well over a dozen games and there was no way he was just going to come back and deliver what was expected of him. The coaching staff have got to take most of the blame.

Good thing is that there's still a game left, bad thing is that all the pressure would be on Houston. OKC are over achieving at this point so I doubt they're under any pressure.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
I am not making excuses for Brodie's horrendous game last night, especially the final play but could Covington have been more attentive?

He was caught unaware in an open position, in the final seconds of the game when the pass was dished to him..Yes, I get it, it was not a perfect pass but Covington's inattentiveness made it worse because it was a playable gather and shoot. Everyone on that court should have their ears standing immediately Brodie handles the ball for the check-in and anticipate a pass.

Abeg, I am not holding fort for Brodie, just another angle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by damentalist: 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
Roland17:
I am not making excuses for Brodie's horrendous game last night, especially the final play but could Covington have been more attentive?

He was caught unaware in an open position, in the final seconds of the game when the pass was dished to him..Yes, I get it, it was not a perfect pass but Covington's inattentiveness made it worse because it was a playable gather and shoot. Everyone on that court should have their ears standing immediately Brodie handles the ball for the check-in and anticipate a pass.

Abeg, I am not holding fort for Brodie, just another angle.
Totally agree.

In general, Westbrook had issues but in perspective he alone can't justify this defeat. I mean harden himself had like 5 or more turn overs. In a team with poor rebounders that's not good if the 2 primary ball handlers can't help but give away the ball. Then Harden has 3 on 11 3's.

I mean, you can only give away so much to your opponents
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Killrhymz:

my money on OKC

Kizz your money goodbye. Yes, emi mo so be
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Everyday, I still imagine if it was CP3 (not Russ) and K.D all these past years...Maybe we could have got a chip or two...

Still thinking tho.....

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
aliondo:
Everyday, I still imagine if it was CP3 (not Russ) and K.D all these past years...Maybe we could have got a chip or two...

Still thinking tho.....

Absolutely! A CP3/KD would have given you more shots at the championship than Russ/KD
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
aliondo:

Still thinking tho.....
na now your eye just they open? grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
Siakam is a beta angry he doesn't look like he has that relentless dog in him.
Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 12:03am On Sep 02, 2020
Buzzer three by spicy p
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:25am On Sep 02, 2020
Roland17:

I would hope not! There is a difference between playing hard and sending a message in this era and targeting to potentially disable a player. In the 90's this could have been okay but now? Absolutely not..I even blame the Mavs players for this..No one in the entire roster could send a similar message to the Clippers best player. I mean, touch up Kawhi with some very hard fouls like the Clippers did to Doncic..

Doc rivers is not this era. Mavs didnt try the same because Carlisle dont play like that. And thats how I know there was some buy in from Doc on this. You cant get away with it constantly unless coach ok with it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Memberclub(m): 1:02am On Sep 02, 2020
Celtics in 4
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:15am On Sep 02, 2020
Lol if Marcus Smart is knocking down 5 straight treys then nothing you can do

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:15am On Sep 02, 2020
Marcus Smart came to play....... wink
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:15am On Sep 02, 2020
Can't believe the refs missed that travel on Kemba. It's little things like these that influence the outcome of games.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:16am On Sep 02, 2020
birdman:
Lmaoooo dude is bad vibes at this point
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:18am On Sep 02, 2020
A much tougher game 2 like I predicted..Nothing to celebrate here, stay focused and calm.

On to game 3.
Re: The NBA Begins by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 1:23am On Sep 02, 2020
I remember the raptors were leading with over 10 point gap somewhere in the 3rd quarter how did they bottle that. There's also another nigerian dude anunoby i think playin' 4 d raptors, never knew.
Re: The NBA Begins by Memberclub(m): 1:33am On Sep 02, 2020
Roland17:
A much tougher game 2 like I predicted..Nothing to celebrate here, stay focused and calm.

On to game 3.
Celtics in 4
Re: The NBA Begins by Memberclub(m): 1:34am On Sep 02, 2020
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:
I remember the raptors were leading with over 10 point gap somewhere in the 3rd quarter how did they bottle that. There's also another nigerian dude anunoby i think playin' 4 d raptors, never knew.
Yeah. He's a starter now for the Raptors.
Sadly very average like siakem
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:40am On Sep 02, 2020
It appears Jason Tatum isn't clutch. Scored virtually all his 34 points in the first 3 quarters, but when it was crunch time it was Kemba and Smart that ran the show. Let the youngins watch and learn while the big boys do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:32am On Sep 02, 2020
Congrats to Denver. Jokic saved their ass today. He was cool and clutch under pressure. Jamal Murray plus the entire team sans Jokic, after putting up a good first half lead, bottled it from the 3rd quarter all the way to the end.

Mitchell, got his mojo back and took over the game from the 3rd quarter. That last ball slip will haunt him for a long time. And Conley's in and out? Painful loss.

Sorry Jazz.

Someone will have to go home.

Big ups Denver.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.