Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,771 members, 7,813,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1622320 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) ... (2206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:17am On Oct 02, 2020
Congrats Dr. Dre! I said a prayer for you tonight. More importantly, thank you to the Judge for dismissing her request for an initial $1.5M and a subsequent $5M for her lawyer fees...
#Keepyourchinup

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 02, 2020
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 02, 2020
Roland17:
Congrats Dr. Dre! I said a prayer for you tonight. More importantly, thank you to the Judge for dismissing her request for an initial $1.5M and a subsequent $5M for her lawyer fees...
#Keepyourchinup

Normally not a fan of overzealously rapacious women but in this case, I'm on her side.

I feel bad for her that she suffered all those years with that monster and can't get much out of it.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:44am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

I said most. I think a lot of players admitted as much.
Source: Guy I no fit lie for you

You think James Harden, Giannis, Kawhi etc care about Bron's opinion? Get real

WeissVonner:

Whether equally shared or not, the point is they get a piece.
The players also lose money by not playing and it affects them in the CBA moving forward. It was in their best interest to play

WeissVonner:

Its not about making the documentary or not, It's about the timing.

LeBron making Space Jam is not about trying to imitate Jordan. Its about making money. He wears Jordans number and thats where the similarity ends, LeBron being the savant he is takes things from many great players game especially Penny Hardaway, Dr J, Magic and Moses Malone.
And couldn't do another entirely different movie? He's trying to match MJ on and off the court but we know that will never happen

WeissVonner:

He was the teams best defender, guarded the oppositions best player. Led the teams in assists, rebounds and steals. He was a swiss army knife that made sure all your man had to do was score and guard undersized guards.
I like how people keep regurgitating this myth even though Pippen never won DPOY and never had as many high end finishes and All defensive appearances as MJ

Pippen was a jack of all trade master of none. He never led the league in any single stat whether regular season or playoffs

No matter how many times una repeat this Pippen myth doesn't mean it can ever be true.

1997 season MJ: 31-8-5
1997 playoffs Pippen: 19-7-4
1993 playoffs MJ: 35-7-6
1993 playoffs Pippen: 20-7-5
1991 playoffs MJ: 31-6-8
1991 playoffs: Pippen: 21-9-6

You think MJ couldn't lead the Bulls in all stats if he was a certified stat spammer like LeNomad? In the bright lights of playoff basketball everyone knows scoring is the most difficult task. You can be outrebounded and still win, you can be out assisted and still win but you can never be outscored and win

WeissVonner:

He was one blown call from an ECF. And a testament to how great that Bulls team was.
A 3peat winning team with same coach that loses just one player no matter how great will always compete. The Heat got to a game of the ECF after LeNomad left too

WeissVonner:

Please don't call that sad team of ring chasing geriatrics a stacked team.
How weren't they stacked? Were they older than Duncan and Manu? Pippen was younger why couldn't he dominate? Put his stamp on the team

WeissVonner:

This is a man who got bullied by his wife and forced to apologize for her cheating on him. Jordan basically bullied him throughout his career, I say the odds are very high.
Lool equating woman and man situation where significantly richer black man has to part with money if they divorce? At worst he has simp traits which even the most masculine of men have exhibited at some point.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

You said yourself "He'll need a quality playmaker". Who in the current Bucks squad can you confidently say is a quality playmaker? The end result would have remained the same had you swapped Giannis for AD.
All he needs is someone like Ricky Rubio who would have been way easier to acquire than bledsoe in the first place. Getting a good playmaker was not something that was out of their reach. My point is with what Giannis had in Milwaukee, would have been enough to make a team good enough for AD to beat the Raptors in 2019 and what was left of the warriors. And wasnt Brogdon on that team as well?

Which promising team(s) do you think He should have gone too? Which one of those teams would have given a shot at 2 rings? Remember the team He was leaving behind could also be described as promising too. Dude was done waiting. He was in the Win Now mode.
His home team for a start, the washington wizards with Wall and Beal may not have been a guarantee, but more than competitive enough to make a run. Then there was the Boston Celtics or the SA spurs.

Exactly His Leagacy is secure. Chuck wishes He had teamed up with a Clyde or Ewing early on in His career. Must be frustrating having the likes of Kenny Smith and Draymond take the mic. Dudes that were/are not in His strastophere as players.
Lol, Its really funny the sort of confidence ring culture has given to some role players. Then there's when Shaq says "me and Kenny understand", you can see the pain in Chucks eyes.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:00am On Oct 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

I can't emphasise this well enough. They were absolutely dreadful. The least said about Eric the better
Bledsoe is mediocre. No be today. The Bucks extended the wrong bunch of guys and they might lose Giannis for it

chic2pimp:

Even if you hated the decision He took 4 summers ago, your stance should have softened a lot by now especially with the near Career ending injury He suffered. The pressure He would have been under to get back to the court if He had sustained that injury without any rings would have been immense.
He took the surest path to a ring. Potatoes gonna potate. If he can lead the Nets to a couple of Finals and by chance win Brooklyn their first ever ring. We now have a whole new conversation. I won't put him in the upper GOAT tier but if he delivers a ring or two in Brooklyn he will enter the conversation

chic2pimp:

If you transported those aforementioned players into the Current climes, you best bet they'll be falling over themselves trying to find a way to Link up to give themselves the best chance of winning. Malone for example i'm sure will do things differently if He could turn back time. He went to the Lakers but by time, it was too late.
It is still the mentality of the players that will determine the current clime. If you have a bunch of players who are not BFFS and plotting how to link up every other post season this would still not have happened.

Joining teams up to ring chase in your respective primes I just don't think would ever sit well with the mentality of those players today
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:

Source: Guy I no fit lie for you

You think James Harden, Giannis, Kawhi etc care about Bron's opinion? Get real
This is a straw man argument. Point is LeBron wanted the season to resume and pushed for that.

The players also lose money by not playing and it affects them in the CBA moving forward. It was in their best interest to play
And it was also in the best interest of owners like MJ for them to play. Don't make it seem as if it was from the goodness of his heart.

And couldn't do another entirely different movie? He's trying to match MJ on and off the court but we know that will never happen
Lol! Space Jam is a huge franchise, easier to market. Why try to catch someone you've surpassed? strange.

You know I love the name of the sequel: A New Legacy.

I like how people keep regurgitating this myth even though Pippen never won DPOY and never had as many high end finishes and All defensive appearances as MJ
MJ was the golden boy of the league who was guarding undersized guards. Man had a few MVP votes after playing half a season. Of course he had more defensive votes. Its no myth that it was Pippen who consistently guarded the oppositions best players, could guard 1 to 4, maybe even 5. A good example is the 1991 finals when Magic was torching Jordans arse and they had to switch Pippen unto him and he slowed him down.

Pippen was a jack of all trade master of none. He never led the league in any single stat whether regular season or playoffs

No matter how many times una repeat this Pippen myth doesn't mean it can ever be true.

1997 season MJ: 31-8-5
1997 playoffs Pippen: 19-7-4
1993 playoffs MJ: 35-7-6
1993 playoffs Pippen: 20-7-5
1991 playoffs MJ: 31-6-8
1991 playoffs: Pippen: 21-9-6
If you add up the totality of their stats in the 6 playoffs they played together, Pippen led in rebounds assists steals and blocks. Its not a myth, its a fact.

You think MJ couldn't lead the Bulls in all stats if he was a certified stat spammer like LeNomad? In the bright lights of playoff basketball everyone knows scoring is the most difficult task. You can be outrebounded and still win, you can be out assisted and still win but you can never be outscored and win
The best teams usually have the highest or close to the highest rebounding and assisting stats. These are precursors of success. A lot of times when analyzing a game and you see a team badly out rebounded or assisted you know they can't win.

A 3peat winning team with same coach that loses just one player no matter how great will always compete. The Heat got to a game of the ECF after LeNomad left too
Lol, no they didn't.

How weren't they stacked? Were they older than Duncan and Manu? Pippen was younger why couldn't he dominate? Put his stamp on the team
Hakeem was 35/36, Barkley was 35/36, Pippen was 33/34 and they ran into Kobe and Shaq.

Lool equating woman and man situation where significantly richer black man has to part with money if they divorce? At worst he has simp traits which even the most masculine of men have exhibited at some point.
Well he constantly speaks out of both sides of his mouth. We heard old heads call him out when he said lebron was better than MJ and he capitulated.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:04am On Oct 02, 2020
Roland17:
#Keepyourchinup
Happy for the good doc. That woman a whole thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:

I agree with most of what you said minus the equal pedestal part. I won't asterisk anything same way I don't asterisk KD's rings, 2015 or any other rings. Everyone played under same conditions. That banter holds no water for me

However you can't be on the same pedestal with the GOAT when you have a player on your squad that can get you 34-9-5.

Jordan never needed a guy 9 years younger and in his prime to compete. Can you imagine what MJ does to any league with a half decent big

He never needed that. With the way talent was spread out in the 90s the Bulls were by far the best team in the League. Plus Pippen was the perfect co star because he did all the things that Jordan didnt have to do and could focus on primarily scoring.

Please dont even begin to speculate that he would 3 peat once, let alone twice in this era. Jordan with any big in the league is not beating the Golden state warriors with KD. Thing is with player mobility, theres always a new super team forming somewhere meant to beat you. This is an entirely different league. Nobody is ever going to go 6-0 again let alone 3 peat.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
Happy for the good doc. That woman a whole thief

Only thing I fault her for is signing a prenup.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 02, 2020
etidy:
The fact is the lakers has been the best team in the league this season, wire to wire.
They finished number 1 in a tougher conference, faced more adversity than most teams and will deservedly win the title.
This title takes LeBron to at least on equal pedestal with Jordan and whatever the haters say, this has been one of the toughest NBA playoffs ever.

To win in a bubble is the ultimate test of character. No home court advantage despite earning it in the regular season, no fans to give you energy. Just your own efforts mano a mano on equal footing against your opponents.

I see the likes of skip are already bringing up an asterisks because of the injuries to dragic, bam and butler which is ridiculous.
But then again, it's also ridiculous that
Some part of the media and fandom still hold it against steph for beating an underhanded cavs team in 2015.

A funny trend I've noticed these days is there a people who genuinely believe MJ was better for whatever basketball reason, Its subjective, I get it. I can argue about it, but I don't have a problem with that. But what makes this more of an uphill battle is there is a whole bunch of people who legitimately hate LeBron for non basketball reasons. "Jordan just kept his mouth shut and played basketball. He will never be MJ". Its a weird debate to have.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:44am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

This is a straw man argument. Point is LeBron wanted the season to resume and pushed for that.
Pushed where? He pushed for Nada. His team literally voted not to be in the bubble and end the season FFS

What are you going to credit this man for next? Fire? Water? Get a grip

WeissVonner:

And it was also in the best interest of owners like MJ for them to play. Don't make it seem as if it was from the goodness of his heart.
But he mediated and saved the season. Your guy and his team didn't even want to continue the season

WeissVonner:

Lol! Space Jam is a huge franchise, easier to market. Why try to catch someone you've surpassed? strange.

You know I love the name of the sequel: A New Legacy.
Surpass in what? He's not caught him on the court never mind off court where he's doing more numbers despite being out the league almost 20 years. Check these NBA Finals ratings compared to his documentary. Compare his ratings to 98 when they were playing a small market team. Never mind the footwear. There are levels to this my dude

WeissVonner:

MJ was the golden boy of the league who was guarding undersized guards. Man had a few MVP votes after playing half a season. Of course he had more defensive votes. Its no myth that it was Pippen who consistently guarded the oppositions best players, could guard 1 to 4, maybe even 5. A good example is the 1991 finals when Magic was torching Jordans arse and they had to switch Pippen unto him and he slowed him down.
Ahh this infamous myth. Of Pippen guarding Magic when MJ entered foul trouble

WeissVonner:

If you add up the totality of their stats in the 6 playoffs they played together, Pippen led in rebounds assists steals and blocks. Its not a myth, its a fact.
What is there to add? I showed you in 3 of the Bulls 6 title winning seasons MJ led Pippen in at least two of the more important stats which erases your myth.

I am not really here for stat spamming style of stats compilation that jumbles everything with zero context. You even added steals and blocks where the difference was often in decimals grin

WeissVonner:

The best teams usually have the highest or close to the highest rebounding and assisting stats. These are precursors of success. A lot of times when analyzing a game and you see a team badly out rebounded or assisted you know they can't win.
Rebounds are the easiest stats to hunt in all of basketball. All true stats hogs know this, assists is about creating open looks but still the quality of your teammates count. Scoring boils down to you and it is 100% impossible to win a game without outscoring the opponent which is why scoring will always be the most important stats

WeissVonner:

Lol, no they didn't.
But they did. They lost Bosh and Wade in 14/15 so that don't count

WeissVonner:

Hakeem was 35/36, Barkley was 35/36, Pippen was 33/34 and they ran into Kobe and Shaq.
Younger than Duncan and Manu. Same age as the Celtics the Heatles were beating up. If you insist they were geriatric then the other two teams were geriatrics too

WeissVonner:

Well he constantly speaks out of both sides of his mouth. We heard old heads call him out when he said lebron was better than MJ and he capitulated.
Capitulated? You don't think his complete meltdown in that 2011 Finals changed that false take? Scottie has no reason to budge because of some old heads. He's not on MJ's payroll and you have haters like Isiah Thomas and Laimbeer who claim MJ ain't the GOAT, if Scottie really feels that way there is zero need to change his mind
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:45am On Oct 02, 2020
tygar:
Everybody knows it’s better for your legacy to lose before the Finals than lose in the Finals. IYKYK
Ala Jordan and his stans grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

You said yourself "He'll need a quality playmaker". Who in the current Bucks squad can you confidently say is a quality playmaker? The end result would have remained the same had you swapped Giannis for AD.

Which promising team(s) do you think He should have gone too? Which one of those teams would have given a shot at 2 rings? Remember the team He was leaving behind could also be described as promising too. Dude was done waiting. He was in the Win Now mode.

Exactly His Leagacy is secure. Chuck wishes He had teamed up with a Clyde or Ewing early on in His career. Must be frustrating having the likes of Kenny Smith and Draymond take the mic. Dudes that were/are not in His strastophere as players.
The obvious difference between the two of them is that AD can get his shot wherever the hell he wants when he's in that offensive third. There's no way you'd compare Giannis' success to what AD would have achieved. Add to the fact that AD is a much better free throw shooter.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:05am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

He never needed that. With the way talent was spread out in the 90s the Bulls were by far the best team in the League. Plus Pippen was the perfect co star because he did all the things that Jordan didnt have to do and could focus on primarily scoring.
And yet Jordan always had to score insane percentages of points just for the Bulls to win. MJ is the only one who has 4 finishes in the top 10 most percentage of points scored by a player in the Finals.

Using your logic can we say LeNomad focuses primarily on assisting while AD does everything else. I mean AD literally does everything else better

WeissVonner:

Please dont even begin to speculate that he would 3 peat once, let alone twice in this era. Jordan with any big in the league is not beating the Golden state warriors with KD. Thing is with player mobility, theres always a new super team forming somewhere meant to beat you. This is an entirely different league. Nobody is ever going to go 6-0 again let alone 3 peat.
If MJ could hop from team to team every 3-4 years able to play with Wade, Bosh, Allen, Love, Kyrie, AD, Dwight etc he would win more rings than LeNomad has mustered this far.

Bron jumped ahead of this trend and started the whole movement of players in their primes hooking up. He has seen the good the bad and ugly of this trend but fortunately for him he is on the good end rn.

Jordan with a Jokic, Giannis, Embiid, Prime Shaq, AD in tow will beat KD's Warriors. What are you on about??

It took a torn CP3 Hamstring and 27 missed 3's in a row for James Harden not to pull it off. If James Harden and CP3 of all People could take 3 games then you're dreaming if you believe the GOAT and any elite big is not beating Golden State even with KD
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:

Pushed where? He pushed for Nada. His team literally voted not to be in the bubble and end the season FFS

What are you going to credit this man for next? Fire? Water? Get a grip

But he mediated and saved the season. Your guy and his team didn't even want to continue the season.

I'm talking about what happened before they even got in the bubble when players were considering boycotting the season.

"Saw some reports about execs and agents wanting to cancel season?? That’s absolutely not true. Nobody I know saying anything like that. As soon as it’s safe we would like to finish our season. I’m ready and our team is ready. Nobody should be canceling anything. "-This was LeBron on twitter. He pushed for the season resuming when players like Kyrie wanted to end it saying he believes he can make a difference while playing. Pat Bev came out and said something in the vein of if LeBron is playing then most players are playing.

And even in the bubble this is what happened according to Shams.

"Sources: LeBron James walked out of Wednesday’s players meeting because he supported Bucks, supported boycott, but there was no plan. For James, actions and outcomes mattered most; otherwise why do this? He became comfortable to play once NBPA mapped out purpose and plans."

Stop pedaling false narratives.

Surpass in what? He's not caught him on the court never mind off court where he's doing more numbers despite being out the league almost 20 years. Check these NBA Finals ratings compared to his documentary. Compare his ratings to 98 when they were playing a small market team. Never mind the footwear. There are levels to this my dude
Lol! The NBA finals has never aired in October and during football season. The NBA's ratings have been steadily declining for a variety of factors for a few years now. Then there is the political aspect of things. As for their legacies on court, thats subjective, but its not close IMO.

Ahh this infamous myth. Of Pippen guarding Magic when MJ entered foul trouble
What myth? They lost game 1 with Magic torching MJ. Started torching him in game 2 then they switched Pippen unto him for the rest of the series and they won every game after that. How is that a myth?

What is there to add? I showed you in 3 of the Bulls 6 title winning seasons MJ led Pippen in at least two of the more important stats which erases your myth.

I am not really here for stat spamming style of stats compilation that jumbles everything with zero context. You even added steals and blocks where the difference was often in decimals grin
Doesnt refute the fact that Pippen led him in those categories in the 6 finals they won. And its not just the per game stats, its the totality of the stats added together. He did all those things so MJ didnt have to focus on them.

Rebounds are the easiest stats to hunt in all of basketball. All true stats hogs know this, assists is about creating open looks but still the quality of your teammates count. Scoring boils down to you and it is 100% impossible to win a game without outscoring the opponent which is why scoring will always be the most important stats
And what about teammates who cant create scoring for themselves? Who creates for them? Or are you lot going to start claiming MJ scored all those points himself?

But they did. They lost Bosh and Wade in 14/15 so that don't count
Lol! which year? no they didnt. The heat never made it past the second round without Bron. And wade and bosh were constantly injured in 2014 but bron still made it work.

Younger than Duncan and Manu. Same age as the Celtics the Heatles were beating up. If you insist they were geriatric then the other two teams were geriatrics too
Thats not the point. They at that age ran into Kobe and Shaq. Its about who you are as well as who you run into. And nobody ever claimed Scottie is better than MJ. Its about what he brought to the table that allowed MJ to be who he was more comfortably and also how great that bulls team was. He finished top 4 in MVP voting in 1994 BTW.

Capitulated? You don't think his complete meltdown in that 2011 Finals changed that false take? Scottie has no reason to budge because of some old heads. He's not on MJ's payroll and you have haters like Isiah Thomas and Laimbeer who claim MJ ain't the GOAT, if Scottie really feels that way there is zero need to change his mind
He literally said it two years ago.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:08am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

Only thing I fault her for is signing a prenup.
Meh. I don't endorse avarice and stealing.

She left her previous man for Dre and now trying to get 1.5m a month. A whole thief on the come up is what she is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:

And yet Jordan always had to score insane percentages of points just for the Bulls to win. MJ is the only one who has 4 finishes in the top 10 most percentage of points scored by a player in the Finals.
LOL And yet there are crucial games where he shot horribly, and got bailed out by his teammates.

Using your logic can we say LeNomad focuses primarily on assisting while AD does everything else. I mean AD literally does everything else better
LeBron averages a few less points and thats it because even at the start of the season he explained why they will run their offense through him. AD is not even a better scorer than bron for starters. But yes, he does lighten LeBrons workload.

If MJ could hop from team to team every 3-4 years able to play with Wade, Bosh, Allen, Love, Kyrie, AD, Dwight etc he would win more rings than LeNomad has mustered this far.
Not if he ran into the warriors or the Spurs he wont. The only finals he would win that LeBron didnt is 2011, he wont get to the finals in 2007 or 2018 and would definitely lose in 2016.

Bron jumped ahead of this trend and started the whole movement of players in their primes hooking up. He has seen the good the bad and ugly of this trend but fortunately for him he is on the good end rn.
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with this. I've said it multiple times that what people think he benefitted from in 2010 has come back to haunt him many times.

Jordan with a Jokic, Giannis, Embiid, Prime Shaq, AD in tow will beat KD's Warriors. What are you on about??
Prime Shaq? Of course, but he won't even be the best player on that team. Prime Shaq was the highest peak of any player we have ever seen. If you are given the choice of winning a game with one player throughout history its prime shaq. AD is the best big in the league right now, MJ plus AD is not beating the Steph KD warriors thats a friggin joke.

It took a torn CP3 Hamstring and 27 missed 3's in a row for James Harden not to pull it off. If James Harden and CP3 of all People could take 3 games then you're dreaming if you believe the GOAT and any elite big is not beating Golden State even with KD
This was the 2018 warriors, who were already having cracks and chemistry issues. The rockets were specifically built to beat them and your man wouldnt even fit into their system because everybody knows your man couldnt shoot 3s, unless they shorten the line to help him again of course.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
Meh. I don't endorse avarice and stealing.

She left her previous man for Dre and now trying to get 1.5m a month. A whole thief on the come up is what she is

He picked her up by her hair and "began slamming her head and the right side of her body repeatedly against a brick wall near the stairway" as his bodyguard held off the crowd with a gun. After Dr. Dre tried to throw her down the stairs and failed, he began kicking her in the ribs and hands. She escaped and ran into the women’s rest room. Dr. Dre followed her and "grabbed her from behind by the hair again and proceeded to punch her in the back of the head."

The other members of N.W.A. defended Dr. Dre. N.W.A.’s MC Ren later said "bitch deserved it" and Eazy-E echoed with "yeah, bitch had it coming". As Dr. Dre explained the incident: "People talk all this shit, but you know, somebody Bleep with me, I’m gonna Bleep with them. I just did it, you know. Ain’t nothing you can do now by talking about it. Besides, it ain’t no big thing—I just threw her through a door."

Lets just say this encounter with dee barnes wasnt an isolated incident.

Everyone in Hollywood knows he does this to women habitually. I can't ever defend a man like this.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2020
Lol. It's just funny how people believe this myth that LeBron truly wanted to opt out of the season. I laugh grin He did that as a way to hold the owners ransom, to make them tremble. And it worked. That's what you call power and influence. You don't expect him to come out and begin to say "I was only joking when I said I was going to opt out of the bubble. I only wanted the owners to make a move". Lol. He's going to remain adamant that he truly wanted to end the season so as not to be seen as a clown.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 02, 2020
steady986:
Lol. It's just funny how people believe this myth that LeBron truly wanted to opt out of the season. I laugh grin He did that as a way to hold the owners ransom, to make them tremble. And it worked. That's what you call power and influence. You don't expect him to come out and begin to say "I was only joking when I said I was going to opt out of the bubble. I only wanted the owners to make a move". Lol. He's going to remain adamant that he truly wanted to end the season so as not to be seen as a clown.

Like seriously! Why would he boycott arguably his best chance at getting another ring?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 02, 2020
He was right.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

I'm talking about what happened before they even got in the bubble when players were considering boycotting the season.

"Saw some reports about execs and agents wanting to cancel season?? That’s absolutely not true. Nobody I know saying anything like that. As soon as it’s safe we would like to finish our season. I’m ready and our team is ready. Nobody should be canceling anything. "-This was LeBron on twitter. He pushed for the season resuming when players like Kyrie wanted to end it saying he believes he can make a difference while playing. Pat Bev came out and said something in the vein of if LeBron is playing then most players are playing.

And even in the bubble this is what happened according to Shams.

"Sources: LeBron James walked out of Wednesday’s players meeting because he supported Bucks, supported boycott, but there was no plan. For James, actions and outcomes mattered most; otherwise why do this? He became comfortable to play once NBPA mapped out purpose and plans."

Stop pedaling false narratives.
You're overrating LeNomad's role in all of this is the point. Nobody is playing because he wanted to play. This is still the long and short of the argument. When it came down to it in the bubble it was still his team that were one of those that wanted out of the bubble. This is fact.

WeissVonner:

Lol! The NBA finals has never aired in October and during football season. The NBA's ratings have been steadily declining for a variety of factors for a few years now. Then there is the political aspect of things. As for their legacies on court, thats subjective, but its not close IMO.
You guys are relentless with the excuses at this point. Which Football was on air on Wednesday? Even hockey is over so why is the NBA Finals ratings lower than a documentary on events that took place 22 years ago.

Two of the biggest media markets in the league are playing the NBA Finals with nothing else on TV yet the Finals still did poverty numbers

On court or off court the gap is insurmountable. It's even significantly worse off court because MJ was pretty much bigger than the game.

WeissVonner:

What myth? They lost game 1 with Magic torching MJ. Started torching him in game 2 then they switched Pippen unto him for the rest of the series and they won every game after that. How is that a myth?
Lmaoo una fit kill person for this place. grin

Magic had as many shots as turnovers in a game they won by 2 but he was 'torching' MJ. Scott Storch ni.

In Game 2 the only reason he was off Magic was because of foul trouble. Arrrgh you people just pick up any myth and run with it. Pippen fouled out in Game 3. It was still MJ that was Magic's primary defender all through overtime and Magic went 0-0-0 with a turnover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFtj8ovhp48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLa2NoCwUKY

If una repeat this lie 100 times e no fit still change to truth

WeissVonner:

Doesnt refute the fact that Pippen led him in those categories in the 6 finals they won. And its not just the per game stats, its the totality of the stats added together. He did all those things so MJ didnt have to focus on them.
I wouldn't even touch on the blocks and steals which are so infinitesimal they don't deserve any attention.

I have shown you that in 3 of 6 title wins MJ led in either points and rebounds or points and assists. The totality banter is an argument you have to have with yourself. If Pippen was doing his job like you claim then MJ should not still be leading in these categories 50% of the time

WeissVonner:

And what about teammates who cant create scoring for themselves? Who creates for them? Or are you lot going to start claiming MJ scored all those points himself?
MJ is arguably the greatest iso scorer in history. Pretty sure most of his buckets would have been unassisted. Besides MJ was a 6 assists per game guy. The guy averaged 11 asts in a Finals series before. Lets not act like passing was a weakness. Who set up Paxson and Kerr?

WeissVonner:

Lol! which year? no they didnt. The heat never made it past the second round without Bron. And wade and bosh were constantly injured in 2014 but bron still made it work.
They got to the same stage the Bulls did. Within a game of the Eastern Finals. Without Bosh!!

Wade and Bosh were constantly injured? Did they miss any game in 2014 playoffs? Please drop these excuses

WeissVonner:

Thats not the point. They at that age ran into Kobe and Shaq. Its about who you are as well as who you run into. And nobody ever claimed Scottie is better than MJ. Its about what he brought to the table that allowed MJ to be who he was more comfortably and also how great that bulls team was. He finished top 4 in MVP voting in 1994 BTW.
Doesn't matter. They could still have beaten them. Tim Duncan and David Robinson did. Tim Duncan was a baby in the league and Robinson was super washed at that point.

Scottie did not bring more than what a normal Robin should bring to the table. Don't compare him to the likes of a Wade who was winning whole ass rings
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

Lets just say this encounter with dee barnes wasnt an isolated incident.

Everyone in Hollywood knows he does this to women habitually. I can't ever defend a man like this.
If he's beaten up women then he should face time or appropriate legal action. I will not endorse outright stealing just to get back at him.

Dre today an innocent hardworking man tomorrow. Let's be consistent
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:22am On Oct 02, 2020
Imagine thinking one single player can unilaterally end a season. Say na tremble, Bass ni

Una no go kill person for here oh. Everyday na different type of yeye and awada grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:44am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

LOL And yet there are crucial games where he shot horribly, and got bailed out by his teammates.
That can be counted on one finger. There's literally never been a series anybody outscored him

WeissVonner:

LeBron averages a few less points and thats it because even at the start of the season he explained why they will run their offense through him. AD is not even a better scorer than bron for starters. But yes, he does lighten LeBrons workload.
Rebounds? Blocks? Steals? Better free throw shooter that's hella of a lighter workload. Just using your argument

WeissVonner:

Not if he ran into the warriors or the Spurs he wont. The only finals he would win that LeBron didnt is 2011, he wont get to the finals in 2007 or 2018 and would definitely lose in 2016.
Your error would be in assuming Jordan would even go down 3-1 to those Warriors to begin with. Hell they wouldn't even sniff the Finals if KD and co didn't fumble their bag in the first place

Don't bring up 2007 please where you beat two .500 squads and voila you land in the Conference Finals. Jordan makes the Finals in that watery East and doesn't shoot 38% from the field and average 5 turnovers per game in the Finals either

WeissVonner:

Prime Shaq? Of course, but he won't even be the best player on that team. Prime Shaq was the highest peak of any player we have ever seen. If you are given the choice of winning a game with one player throughout history its prime shaq. AD is the best big in the league right now, MJ plus AD is not beating the Steph KD warriors thats a friggin joke.
How so? Prime Shaq never won without a good wing player. What was Prime Shaq looking at at 27 when Tim Duncan came and swept him and beat him to a title

Lool what do you do with Shaq in the 4th quarter of a close game? you hack him ad nauseum. And he can't even make free throws. What are you talking about winning a game with anybody other than Jordan? What a joke

MJ and AD will swarm the Warriors and constrict them on defense it would be painful to watch. Maybe you have forgotten Steph's numbers in the clutch

WeissVonner:

This was the 2018 warriors, who were already having cracks and chemistry issues. The rockets were specifically built to beat them and your man wouldnt even fit into their system because everybody knows your man couldnt shoot 3s, unless they shorten the line to help him again of course.
Kawhi and Lamarcus Aldridge were destroying the Warriors in their building by over 20pts Game 1 before Zaza stomped his foot and ruined the series in 2017.

Maybe if they had a Jordan like player in their system they wouldn't be without a chip. Made 2's >>> Missed 3's.

AD took 21 shots the other day. Only 4 were 3's
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2020
Just to butt in a little. Jordan and the Bulls were literally hunting for a 3rd best player in order to win when he returned from his first retirement.

That player was the tireless and enigmatic Rodman who had peppered them as a Piston.

Shamelessly the Bulls went all out to get Rodman, a hated arch-enemy.

MJ didn't care. He wanted to win badly and wanted the best. That was a super 3 right there.

MJ looked for the easy way out too.

Without Rodman, no 2nd 3 peat for MJ.

Let's not demonize Bron and idolize MJ just because it suits the prevailing narrative.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2020
DeeMain:
Just to butt in a little. Jordan and the bulls were literally hunting for a 3rd best player in order to win when he returned from his first retirement.

That player was the tireless and enigmatic Rodman who had peppered them as a Piston.

MJ didn't care. He wanted to win badly and wanted the best. That was a super 3 right there.

Without Rodman, no 3 peat for MJ.

Let's not demonize Bron and idolize MJ Just because it suits the prevailing narrative.

Pepper them? He wasn't there when Jordan swept these same Pistons and sent them all to premature retirement? Obviously he didn't pepper them enough then.

MJ won a whole 3peat without Rodman. In 97 the Bulls won a title with Rodman averaging 2 and 7 in the Finals grin grin.

Nice try though
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
Imagine thinking one single player can unilaterally end a season. Say na tremble, Bass ni

Una no go kill person for here oh. Everyday na different type of yeye and awada grin grin

If you;re naive enough to ignore the sort of influence LeBron wields over the players thats on you. Besides, this is another straw man. Point is you claimed Bron wanted to end the season which is a bold faced lie.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
If he's beaten up women then he should face time or appropriate legal action. I will not endorse outright stealing just to get back at him.

Dre today an innocent hardworking man tomorrow. Let's be consistent

Sometimes the appropriate legal action results in a fine or a settlement for assault. That's not stealing, its compensation. If it was anyone other than this piece of sh-t then sure. But she deserves every dime and more.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
Pepper them? He wasn't there when Jordan swept these same Pistons and sent them all to premature retirement? Obviously he didn't pepper them enough then.

MJ won a whole 3peat without Rodman. In 97 the Bulls won a title with Rodman averaging 2 and 7 in the Finals grin grin.

Nice try though

When someone references the number of points Rodman scored during an argument it really just points to their lack of knowledge of basketball.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2020
DeeMain:
Just to butt in a little. Jordan and the bulls were literally hunting for a 3rd best player in order to win when he returned from his first retirement.

Without Rodman, no 3 peat for MJ.

Let's not demonize Bron and idolize MJ Just because it suits the prevailing narrative.

What? Stop lying. MJ did it all on his own. He didnt want the easy way, Black Jesus wanted the hard way all the time. He scored all the points in all the games he played, never had a bad game and didnt have any help. GOAT!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) ... (2206) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.